Anime Friend (or Foe)

Roy Focker

Who loves Anime Friend?

I Do!

Episode 16 Kung Fu Dandy has to be the best drawn episode done by Anime Friend. Pause it when ever you get the chance. It is pure magic! Case in point, Misa, Kim, Vanessa, Shammie and Max walk into Nyan Nyan. Hikaru already seated at a table waves them over. Before sitting down they talk to Hikaru. Hikaru is in the background seated, they are in the foreground standing. They are drawn at much smaller scale than Hikaru. Objects that are closer should look bigger. Hikaru has to either be 12ft tall or Nyan Nyan might be built on un even ground. Just keep watching and see how great Anime Friend's work was!

I don't think they should have even accepted Anime Friends Work. It was just too good. It was a wise business decision in using Tatsunoko's Anime Friend and then giving them 'X' rights. I really hope they can bring back the original Anime Friend team to do the final episodes of Macross Zero.

Then I started thinking do you it could be possible to edit the series together without Anime Friend's quality work and still have a coherent story

(Yeah I know wasn't that DYRL?)

Yeah... AF sucks, but now their stuff is what I am addicted to. IE I love SDF-Macross just the way it is, so I even love their mistakes.

Kind of like when you fall in love with a girl... even watching her chew on her toenails is sexy. ;):lol:

Sarcasm, right? It's gotta be sarcasm? You are being sarcastic, no?? PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!!!! :p:p:p

Seriously, I can barely watch the animefriend episodes. Gawd are they execreble.

I think I would prefer to see a black screen labeled footage missing and listen to the dialog. I don't feel that I'm worthy to see this great footage.

Kung Fu Daddy is so cool! Max's hair turning brown, Hikaru's missing eye it's all totally rad! You know for a fact that you can trust what ever you see in their work as fact of Macross.

LOL Roy.... you mean Anime FIEND... or at least it should be ;)

These guys took the best anime series in the world and bent it over... then they took it for all that it was worth WITHOUT offering lube.

I love Macross, even with the mistakes, but man.... they really whizzed that one.....

Edited by Skull Leader

Fall in love with a girl? I though you were a gigalo. :D

LOL. It is true. Agent ONE is actually not much of a 'one woman man'... However Agent ONE is capable of falling in love... It just happens one night at a time!

Kind of like when you fall in love with a girl... even watching her chew on her toenails is sexy. ;):lol:

:blink:

Give that a few years for that patina of love to wear thin... then when she does that kind of thing you'll be on the couch in the living room yelling "Geeeze! Keep it down in there! I'm trying to watch the Niners here!" :p

My views on Anime Friend: they came in under budget. Much like a government low-ball contractor you cannot blame them when the handle comes off in your hand or your M16 jams... as it was built by the lowest bidder.

Kind of like when you fall in love with a girl... even watching her chew on her toenails is sexy.  ;)  :lol:

:blink:

Give that a few years for that patina of love to wear thin... then when she does that kind of thing you'll be on the couch in the living room yelling "Geeeze! Keep it down in there! I'm trying to watch the Niners here!" :p

My views on Anime Friend: they came in under budget. Much like a government low-ball contractor you cannot blame them when the handle comes off in your hand or your M16 jams... as it was built by the lowest bidder.

<_< feh, the only problem with comparing them with government contractors is that generally they actually go over the highest bidders budget with the $1500 dollar wrench used to put the thing together and the $200 nut and bolt used to hold it together. [or in the case of some submarine construction a $1000 toilet seat].

Gotta love graft :p

Oh and gotta love those Milla snot glob iris's makes you just want to make sure nothings hanging from your nose ...er I'm me lose yourself in their depths. :o

Edited by briscojr84

Re-watch the fight scene again. A good number of those excellent cool highlights are in that scene. Like Hikaru's amazing deformed punching arm and be sure to pause it when Max bleeds. All the blood contained in his head instantly leaves his body in that one punch.

Kung Fu Daddy is so cool!

Is that the one where Kaifuns father turns up and rattles on about how Kung-fu was so much harder when he were a lad and bloody youngsters these days can't even do a flying crane stance...? :lol:

( sorry! couldn't resist! )

And regarding submarine toilet seats - hey, its a steel tube packed with young male sailors. Theres no way they'd be capable of lowering one quietly without sound-proofing assistance...! :lol:

Kung Fu Daddy is so cool!

Is that the one where Kaifuns father turns up and rattles on about how Kung-fu was so much harder when he were a lad and bloody youngsters these days can't even do a flying crane stance...? :lol:

( sorry! couldn't resist! )

And regarding submarine toilet seats - hey, its a steel tube packed with young male sailors. Theres no way they'd be capable of lowering one quietly without sound-proofing assistance...! :lol:

Lets not forget some of the other animation screwups though like the Prommy and Daddy floating in space before the fold.

Actually they probably didn't have a problem with toilet seats being put down until *ahem* the female equation was added.

I don't know about anyone else but both my ex and my mother go off the wall if the toilet seat isn't put down.

Just thought of another goof up, that huge assed A-12 Avenger when the SDF-1 is told to leave the planet, now someone tell me how that thing manged to land on the flight deck.

True but only once or twice a day.

Although it will never happen, one of the things on my "things to do if I win the PowerBall and become filthy rich" is to contract a private redo for the Aninme Fiend episodes - nothing fancy, and no CG, just match the other half of the show. In fact, it'd be beyond cool to bankroll the entire production through Studio Nue itself -- on the condition that they can't farm it out again. ;) But, due to the copyright problems it would cause, I'd never be able to share it or even fess up to it, so even if I did have it...

On the other hand, if anyone has actually done this... well, nah, forget it. :p