Zeta Gundam

j_wong00

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Limited Edition Box Set - N/A minutes - $199.98 - 11/23/2004

FINALLY!!! A date and price on the Zeta box.

In time for Thanksgiving - SWEET

Cheap - hell yeah (Right Stuf pre-order + Got Anime discount)

Japanese Language

English Language

English Subtitles

'Thinpak' DVD case packaging

Collector's Art Box Features an exclusive illustration by famed artist

Tsukasa Kotobuki (Saber Marionette J)

Exclusive Zeta Gundam Poster

48 page Zeta Gundam 'Encyclopedia' Booklet

Includes NINE exclusive Zeta Gundam mobile suit Pencil Sharpener Figure collection by SEIKA

I also lone that it's going to be in ThinPaks. Great move there.

Great news, and such a cool little extra!

Now my question is, the extreme limited quantities definately refers to the sharpeners, so there should be some not-so-limited boxes without them as well later if nothing else.

post-26-1093554177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Too bad I aint dropping 200 bucks on a DVD box set that is retailing for effectively FIVE TIMES the amount the godly awesome Batman TAS sets are going for.

(Taking into account episodes per set here.)

I guess Paramount isnt the only company that likes ripping off their fans.

Too bad I aint dropping 200 bucks on a DVD box set that is retailing for effectively FIVE TIMES the amount the godly awesome Batman TAS sets are going for.

:rolleyes:

You're comparing a very limited edition release of a little known anime series to a wide release of a show about one of the most famous American comic characters ever created. Batman can be cheaper because it will sell about 100x as many copies at Zeta will. $200 in reality (which will not be what it costs to buy, hasn't everybody figured out you never pay retail yet?) is nothing.

The full series of Ghost in the Shell: SAC will cost over $300. The full series of Full Metal Alchemist could well upto $400. Go look up any series, this is what anime costs.

Hell, I paid $250 for 36 episodes of Macross when the first all-in-one box was released so I'm thrilled at the idea of paying $180 or so for 50 episodes of Zeta. (typo fixed thanks to Anubis' watchful eye, heh)

Edited by Panon

IT'S NOT GOING TO BE 200 BUCKS EVERYWHERE. That's the MSRP. You'll be able to find it for $140-170 in most places. It's if you go to Suncoast or somewhere real expensive that still stupidly does the full MSRP on movies where it'll be full price.

Right Stuf will probably have it listed at 150 about for preorder, and add in the extra 10% got anime discount means it'll be a hellified good price.

And comparing Batman TAS, to an imported show that probably had a high ass liscensing fee is not a fare comparison. That and there's 50 episodes in this box. How many does the Batman set have?

I also paid the full 250 from Animeigo when Macross came out. (Wrong episode count Panon :p )

Edited by Anubis

Oh why does it have to come out when all the good videogames are coming? Damn publishers for holding everything until the holidays, leaving me with a long and boring year and poverty for Q4?!

:unsure: I really want that MKII pencil sharpener...

:rolleyes:

You're comparing a very limited edition release of a little known anime series to a wide release of a show about one of the most famous American comic characters ever created. Batman can be cheaper because it will sell about 100x as many copies at Zeta will. $200 in reality (which will not be what it costs to buy, hasn't everybody figured out you never pay retail yet?) is nothing.

The full series of Ghost in the Shell: SAC will cost over $300. The full series of Full Metal Alchemist could well upto $400. Go look up any series, this is what anime costs.

Hell, I paid $250 for 36 episodes of Macross when the first all-in-one box was released so I'm thrilled at the idea of paying $180 or so for 50 episodes of Zeta. (typo fixed thanks to Anubis' watchful eye, heh)

lol, anybody wanna start guessing how much Naruto is gonna cost when it comes over?

Finally, Bandai has realised just how much freakin' room Gundam is taking on my shelf. Hopefully it'll be in something nice like the Futurama season 1-3 sets with the slipcover box (season 4 has a chaper plastic slipcover). I can't wait! And while the box is limited edition, there will be an individual disc release next year (you just don't get the compact size box set & pencil sharperners). Although I'd have preferred a soundtrack disc to pencil sharpeners, they are cool.

And seriously, if anyone passes this up in favor of the batman set, you don't deserve to see Zeta.

Someone knows if there'll be another, cheaper Box Set edition without 'useless' extras such as the poster or the Pencil Sharpener Figures? And how much discs in total in this Box Set?

No, these questions don't look dumb at all when you have to pay shipping costs towards an european country... :p

Someone knows if there'll be another, cheaper Box Set edition without 'useless' extras such as the poster or the Pencil Sharpener Figures? And how much discs in total in this Box Set?

No, these questions don't look dumb at all when you have to pay shipping costs towards an european country... :p

Your implication being that those extra's are factoring into the price of the set.

-50 episodes

-10 disc's

-$199.99 MSRP (and likely around $150 online presale discount).

What the hell is wrong with that price? And no, there won't be a "cheaper" box set anytime soon, though they may do a brick or something a year on down the line once the individual disc's are released (that release will begin next year).

Finally, Bandai has realised just how much freakin' room Gundam is taking on my shelf. Hopefully it'll be in something nice like the Futurama season 1-3 sets with the slipcover box (season 4 has a chaper plastic slipcover). I can't wait! And while the box is limited edition, there will be an individual disc release next year (you just don't get the compact size box set & pencil sharperners). Although I'd have preferred a soundtrack disc to pencil sharpeners, they are cool.

And seriously, if anyone passes this up in favor of the batman set, you don't deserve to see Zeta.

OOhh.. you told me!

And the Batman sets are 40 bucks street for 26-30 episodes worth of emmy winning character defining goodness.

So at 80 bucks street I am getting a little more than DOUBLE the amount of TV show, and its of a show that is FAR more influental on pop culture than Zeta Gundam ever will be. I know you are an otaku Keith, but let's be realistic. Batman TAS is FAR more important than Zeta Gundam is, especially to the majority of the world besides a small percentage of anime fans.

And they aren't trying to rape my wallet.

Hell, if they broke it up into 50 dollar mini boxed sets I would be on board, and excited. Its still expensive, but its anime expensive. Fair enough. I would set aside some cash for it and buy it in chunks like I did G Gundam.

Instead they are pricing it out of my range. I don't DO expensive. I buy VERY little over 60 dollars on one item. And that tends to be computer hardware.

The only expensive DVD sets I own are the Tenchi OAV series and Alien Quadrilogy, both I had bought for me as presents, and have actual meaning to me.

Instead, it seems I will shrug it off till its released in a manner normal people with bills and such can afford.

No, these questions don't look dumb at all when you have to pay shipping costs towards an european country...  :p

Your implication being that those extra's are factoring into the price of the set.

-50 episodes

-10 disc's

-$199.99 MSRP (and likely around $150 online presale discount).

What the hell is wrong with that price? And no, there won't be a "cheaper" box set anytime soon, though they may do a brick or something a year on down the line once the individual disc's are released (that release will begin next year).

There's nothing 'wrong' in that price, it's just that a cheaper release without the extras would have been even cooler but maybe it's just me... :)

Instead, it seems I will shrug it off till its released in a manner normal people with bills and such can afford.

Just as a warning then, if you pass on the box set you may miss out on it completely.

According to the Bandai rep over at Animeondvd they don't have any plans to release the series as single volumes now.

So at 80 bucks street I am getting a little more than DOUBLE the amount of TV show, and its of a show that is FAR more influental on pop culture than Zeta Gundam ever will be. I know you are an otaku Keith, but let's be realistic. Batman TAS is FAR more important than Zeta Gundam is, especially to the majority of the world besides a small percentage of anime fans.

What the hell does it matter how 'important' a series is? If it does, you shouldn't be worrying about cartoons. Although really, getting into an otaku Batman TAS vs. Z Gundam does sound really fun. :rolleyes:

OOhh.. you told me!

Sho'nuff

And the Batman sets are 40 bucks street for 26-30 episodes worth of emmy winning character defining goodness.

And yet, it doesn't even begin to touch the level of emotion, depth, or overall coolness that is Zeta Gundam.

So at 80 bucks street I am getting a little more than DOUBLE the amount of TV show, and its of a show that is FAR more influental on pop culture than Zeta Gundam ever will be.

American pop culture purhaps, but then said pop-culture has been overtly slow in adopting anything foreign, let alone Japanese. That hardly stands to place Batman TAS as a better series. Just one that fits more snugly into your wallet. BTW, how do you figure that 28 episodes is double the amount of a 50 episode TV show? Just where did you learn your math???

I know you are an otaku Keith, but let's be realistic. Batman TAS is FAR more important than Zeta Gundam is, especially to the majority of the world besides a small percentage of anime fans.

Wouldn't say that at all. Zeta Gundam was a highly influential series, hell, every Gundam since has stood in its shadow. Gundam being a significantly larger franchise "in animation" than Batman will ever be.

And they aren't trying to rape my wallet.

Again, your implication being that you aren't being given a fair price. I just don't see where you're being scalped. By your logic, you also shouldn't by any film that comes out, as they generally only run 2 or so hours for $20-$25, as opposed to $50 for 10 hours.

Hell, if they broke it up into 50 dollar mini boxed sets I would be on board, and excited. Its still expensive, but its anime expensive. Fair enough. I would set aside some cash for it and buy it in chunks like I did G Gundam.

Now that makes no sense at all. Its ok to buy the the very same thing thing, for essentially the same cost, if its seperated into chunks that will take longer to come out??? You just got finished saying how the price was raping your wallet. How is it not raping your wallet if you have to pay the same amount of money to get something in four pieces instead of 1 set?

Instead they are pricing it out of my range. I don't DO expensive. I buy VERY little over 60 dollars on one item. And that tends to be computer hardware.

And that's what it all comes down to. it's not that its an excessivly priced set, it's that you don't think you have enough money for it. Look at it this way, street date is november 23rd. Pretend you're buying 4 box sets costing you $38, one in August, one in September, one in October, and one in November. Set aside that $38 each month, and when you're charged in November for the $150, it'll all balance out the same. The $38 is based on a presumed presale price of $150 (which it will very likely be), and of course you won't be charged until it ships.

The only expensive DVD sets I own are the Tenchi OAV series and Alien Quadrilogy, both I had bought for me as presents, and have actual meaning to me.

Hmm, wouldn't it have made more sense for your to buy those Alien disc's in their 4 individual releases, as buying something in smaller chunks gives you the illusion of it being less expensive apparently....

Normal people who pay bills also usually have a sense of budgetting too. Besides, as stated in another post, it looks like the plans for an individual disc release are ambiguous now, the only sure fire release will be the box set. And as bonus's (ones that don't affect the price of the set mind you), you also get a 48 page booklet, poster, and the cool little pencil sharpener statues.

Pre-ordered Zeta last night from right stuf for $135 shipped. :):):)

Has anybody found this thing decently priced in Canada? The only listing I've found for Zeta so far was for *choke* $230.00 CDN. At this rate, I'll import it and still save money, even after shipping, taxes and brokerage fees.

Edited by bsu legato

Someone knows if it's available from elsewhere? It's a real pain in the ass to order from Europe at Right Stuf...

I live in the UK and this is where im getting my set from:

Euro Zeta Gundam Boxset Order

Hope that helps buddy! :D

It does!!! Many thanks, man: muchly appreciated :)

I ordered a pair of DVDs from them through Amazon.com some months ago and got no problem at all: good delays, good shape for the discs and good prices... I think they're reliable :)