From what I see in my Japanese Blu-ray release, the new color is actually close to the anime color. The anime color is purple-ish gray. The older release's black-ish gray is actually waay off - though it looks great. So Bandai is correct in their ad, calling the new colors as being "anime image".

Edited by Vifam7

HOLY...!!!

Just saw this over at Toysdaily:

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237800&extra=page%3D1&page=1

upcoming SRC Great Mazinger v2 - Jumbo Machinder color variant.

Can somebody translate fully?

Quick translation:

Go Nagai Museum 6 Year Anniversary item is the Great (Mazinger)!!

To celebrate the Go Nagai Museum's 6th Anniversary, a special item has been confirmed for release! A Super Robot Chogokin Great Mazinger in the coloring image of the Jumbo Machinder. Details in the next issue!

Quick translation:

Go Nagai Museum 6 Year Anniversary item is the Great (Mazinger)!!

To celebrate the Go Nagai Museum's 6th Anniversary, a special item has been confirmed for release! A Super Robot Chogokin Great Mazinger in the coloring image of the Jumbo Machinder. Details in the next issue!

Thanks, man!

:sigh: event-exclusive...

From what I see in my Japanese Blu-ray release, the new color is actually close to the anime color. The anime color is purple-ish gray. The older release's black-ish gray is actually waay off - though it looks great. So Bandai is correct in their ad, calling the new colors as being "anime image".

I disagree with Bandai calling it "anime image". Maybe they found one still frame that was that deep of a blue. :p

I'll agree with the original being too dark but the new one's shiny blue.

Regardless of my opinion, it's a great toy for those of you needing it in your collection.

I reserve judgement until people have it in hand. Especially given it displays almost completely different colors on two different displays here, providing a stark reminder that most displays are not just uncalibrated, but grossly so. Also, you know, it could be a bad photo.

That said, I think the Gunbuster looks really good in black even if it's not canon.

They should reissue it with a black body and white trim. Final Episode Edition, you know.

Actually, I was joking, but that sounds like a really good idea.

They should reissue it with a black body and white trim. Final Episode Edition, you know.

Actually, I was joking, but that sounds like a really good idea.

It's actually off white with white/grey highlights. Just watched it on YouTube cause I was too lazy to toss in one of my DVDs/Bluray. :p

Crap. I should have taken a picture with my USR Gunbuster vhs's as well.

post-93-0-78906100-1429979511_thumb.jpg

Sorry to interrupt you.

The event about The Tamashii Web will be held this year, too.

May 30 and 31.

"Touch and Try" again, and some surprises may be.

honestly HLJ ran very slow but on my orders page I have an email sent for today so fingers crossed.

AmiAmi had theirs open for like 5 mins then closed and then opened again for 5 mins.

Got one from AmiAmi and HLJ I think...

Dunno how I got one...but I got one.

Refreshed the Ami page around 12:06pm...and it was sold out. I kept refreshing the page and the add to cart option was available around 12:10pm.

I'm like wtf so I add one to cart....and THIS is when Ami's website kept crashing...was finally able to login and check out around 12:15pm. Kinda surprised it was still in my cart.