Hikaru's Bookshelf?

Hurin

So, I just got a new printer. My gf just got a new kick-ass digital camera. And I had some photo paper and picked up a few frames. So, I decided to spruce up my 1/48 display shelf.

So. . . is this going too far? :o I realize that this is incredibly geeky of me. And I think my girlfriend is going to probably bail on me when she wakes up in the morning and sees this. . . but hey. . . I like it! :lol:

hikaru-desk.jpg

An uncompressed, huge (2272 x 1704) image is available here.

My inspiration was this cover of Macross Hobby Handbook. I've had this book since I was a kid. Now all I need is a Macross helmet. But I ain't crazy enough to buy Yamato's!

hobbyhandbook1.jpg

Anyways, I think it looks sorta cool. I also made a display for Max's Super 1J. But I don't have any room on the shelf for him anymore!

And before anyone asks. . . I chose pictures of Minmay rather than Misa because Minmay is the unrequited love throughout the TV series. Yes, it's his DYRL/movie valk in the picture. . . but I chose to go with the "all appearances of mecha in DYRL are now canon even if the TV series story is still the 'official' story." :)

H

Edited by Hurin

that's nice!! so you scanned in those pix of minmay?

Nah! Remember, there is more to MW than the forums. ;)

Glad you guys like it. It's vaguely embarassing to have in my living room. But I'm gonna leave it this way for a while. :)

H

Glad you guys like it. It's vaguely embarassing to have in my living room. But I'm gonna leave it this way for a while. :)

H

No need to be embarassed. It's a tasteful display.

hey man,that's a cool display.i have anime girls up all over the place on my walls & girls don't get jealous over stuff like that.unless,you sit in front of them & drewl all day,that's a different story,but i've yet to have 1 of my girlfriends cause grief over them.guys do this,we have girly calenders & posters & such,it's natural behavior & most chicks accept it. :)

thats very creative indeed.

i wish i had the parts and money to do that.

Digital Camera: $300+

Frames: $20

New Printer: $150

Photo Paper: $10

CMS Minmay Doll: $10

1/48 VF-1? and display stand: $160

Having a book shelf that creaps out your girlfriend.

priceless.

Just for the record, I never said that she would be jealous. Rather, I just expected her to wake up, go out into the living room, say: "My god, you are the biggest geek I've ever known". . . and then walk out the door.

:lol:

H

Okay. . . I managed to put up a shelf in the corner where I could fit Max.

max-shelf.jpg

I wish I had my Milia 1J already to pose next to him. But I'm not sure if I could make them fit with their Fast Packs!

I couldn't get this one as clear (for some reason) as the others. But, if anyone cares, there's a higher res version here.

H

Looks cool. I imagine if Hikaru or max or any other character from the Anime would have a shelf, that the Valk would be displayed in fighter mode with a snazzy dsiplay holder. Kinda like those really expensive military models professionally made that you see in display cases of old fighter pilots and fightert pilot schools.

Hurin - those displays are REALLY GREAT! I think putting the pictures with the valk like that looks very nice indeed... I wouldn't be surprised if we see some people here following this trend... In fact I may do this to a couple of my shelves...

Nice work.

H

Don't sweat it. It looks cool, in a geeky fan-boy sort of way. ;) Besides, it looks like a typical living room table set-up if you don't pay too much attention to it. People not interested in Macross might take a while to even notice it. :)

Edited by Draykov

you're NERDS.

I prefer the term "geek."

Nerds wouldn't understand just how nerdy this seems to everyone else. . . while geeks are aware of it and at least express some shame. :lol:

you're NERDS.

Nerds wouldn't understand just how nerdy this seems to everyone else. . . while geeks are aware of it and at least express some shame. :lol:

ehh? you DORK.

:p

ok so those are pretty sweet setups... still tho.... DWEEBS.

Hehe.

Well, if it helps any. . . I took down the pictures for Max. I just didn't like them as much. It's just the valk now.

But I still like my Hikaru/Minmay display! And you can't stop me! :p

H

you're NERDS.

I second the term "geek"

if I was an engineer than fine, I'm a nerd.. bit I study art, I'm a geek.