Yamato 1/60 VF-X

nexxstrait

cool. although i would prefer if it said VF-X2.

also, price indicates that this could just be a VF-1/VF-1X(?)... still, it's pretty good news in terms of what could be next after this... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

Thanks! I couldn't relate VF-X with Macross Frontier so I didn't think about that...

And I feel sad to see Macross Chronicle ends... When the 2nd part of MF movie hasn't been released yet.

So it has been 2 years already...?

Yes... it has been 2 years since Macross Frontier 1st started airing (2 1/2 if we consider the Deculture edition as well)..... and guess what? The year after next will be the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Huh? Is that my adrenalin pumping I hear?

VF-X: Non-transformable variable-wing flight test version.

VF-X-1: Transformable prototype developmental version.

The VF-X is non-transformable predecessor of VFX-1. I am wondering how will Yamato do a flush intake on the existing mold.

Ironically, many people will pass I guess. If this valkyrie is announced as web exclusive in HDP kit version for 200,000 yen, then people will start screaming how much they wanted it in a toy form. uhoh.gif

Thats pretty neat, as long as it has removable armor that reveals internal details I don't care if it transforms or not. It better not cost as much as a transforming valk but knowing Yamato its a web exclusive that costs $300.

Wasn't the VFX just a VF without a head and a smooth underside? I'd have to dig the DVD's out of storage to watch the episode/flashback again.

I am glad it is being made just wish it wasn't by Yamato since it cannot transform and will be overpriced. Seems like it would be a better project for Hasegawa's 1/48 and 1/72 VF series of models.

It a bold move but think it will end up being a bad seller.

Hmmm, could Yamato be testing the water for a series of non-transformables?

Thought Yamato already did that and didn't sell very well...they were called Destroids. laugh.gif

Hey, look what we've got here

100514_1_5.jpg

It seems to me it could transform

Only major issue I have with this is that the two blisters at the nosecone should not be there at all. While the underbelly has not been seen yet, there should be no arms, head, or knee joints as this should remain non-transformable. The only piece attached to the underside is a curvacious plate from the back of the cockpit to the thrusters.

The paint scheme is rather nice, and overall it is a very welcome display valkyrie.

Good job, Yamato.

:rolleyes:

post-2246-127396060751_thumb.jpg

post-2246-127396062846_thumb.jpg