The real writer of Frontier (a conspiracy)

Alex

I'm really beginning to question exactly who wrote Frontier.

Here's how I picture it.

INT-Kawamori's office. Late night

SK-"ok, bring back Hikaru et al. Check. Explain everything about Proto-culture. Big ol ticker-oony. Great. This is one big ol fan-w$nk of a script. I'll be a hero.

FROM BEHIND, A FIGURE EMERGES FROM THE SHADOWS AND PLACES A GUN TO KAWAMORI'S HEAD

Stranger- "Don't move. Good. Now. You're gonna make some changes to this script, see.

SK- "Who are you?"

Stranger- "Call me Carl M. Nah, too abvious. Call me C Macek."

SK- "Uh. O.....K?"

Stranger-"Now, you're gonna put Invid in the script."

SK -"What?! Can I at least make them giant lobsters?"

Stranger-"Fine. And I want a male character who gets mistake for a girl. A real Yellow type."

SK-" Why?! That makes no sense. How'd he end up a pilot?"

Strnager-" God, I dunno. Just create some civillian provider type organisation."

SK-" BUT.......fine. Anyhting else?"

Stranger-"Yeah. Everybody in power armour that transforms into bikes"

SK-"AW. Can I at least have them be like planes instead?"

Stranger-" Yeah, whatever. Just make sure they have powered armour suits"

SK-" Any more requests?"

Stranger-Yeah. Throw in an android. Call her Janice."

SK-"I prefer Grace"

Stranger-"Whatever, we can just dub over that for the US"

SK-"WHAT!?"

Stranger-"Nothing!"

SK-Yeah, whatever.....hey.....that's not a gun. It's a stapler!"

Stranger-"AND AWAY INTO THE NIGHT I FLY!..................................Is there like a latch on this window to........?"

SK-"No, you just have to pull it up at an angle.........Yeah you got it.."

Stranger-"AND AWAY INTO THE NIGHT I FLY!!!"

Edited by Alex

5ezgqc.jpg

Here's why:

SK-"ok, bring back Hikaru et al. Check. Explain everything about Proto-culture. Bick ol ticker-oony. Great. This is one big ol fan-w$ank of a script. I'll be a hero.

Yeah - a hero amongst fans of Robotech who crave exactly this kind of fan-wank which goes totally against the grain of Kawamori's style of leaving wonderful things wonderful so as not to ruin their memory.

Stranger-"Now, you're gonna put Invid in the script."

SK -"What?! Can I at least make them giant lobsters?"

Just because they are red does not make the Vajra "copies" of the Invid. The Invid were metal mecha piloted by goopy little creatures who evolved using the "Flower of Life." The Vajra are bio-weapons that use fold waves and have no individual personality and communicate through their stomachs. Also - they come in brown variants as well. They have nothing to do with Invid - and to make the Vajra-Invid connection, you need to be a Robotech fan in the first place.

Stranger-"Fine. And I want A male character who gets mistake for a girl. A real Yellow type."

SK-" Why?! That makes no sense.

Why does it make no sense that a theatre artist who dresses up as a girl and takes much of his looks after his beautiful mother wouldn't want to quit being an actor and be a pilot instead - and constantly get mistaken for a woman? Alto has his faults as a character, but the premise is interesting. To compare him to Lancer-Yellow Dancer makes no sense.

Stranger-"Yeah. Everybody in power armour that transforms into bikes"

SK-"AW. Can I at least have them be like planes instead?"

The power armor does not transform into a plane and the aesthetic has nothing to do with the cyclones from Robotech. If anything - the theme is a continuation of the notion that pilots are helpless in space. Remember in SDF Macross when Hikaru yelled at Misa for not understanding - and only when she saw the battroid with its' chest ripped off and the dead pilot floating inside did she get it.

The power suit was developed so pilots could survivei n space and save themselves even if their valkyrie was hit - which happened a few times in Frontier.

Consider it more like a PARACHUTTE for space than a Cyclone fighter.

Stranger-Yeah. Throw in an android. Call her Janice."

SK-"I prefer Grace"

Grace is not an android. The body is an empty shell for an A.I. program similar to Sharon Apple - and incidentially this theme of A.I. versus nature/naturalism has been around in Macross since Plus and if anything, is a hommage to Plus. As for Grace's character design - see Dynamite Macross 7. Janice, on the other hand, is nothing more than a walking android - a stereotypical cliche character that has been around as long as Sci-Fi.

The comparissons are off IMO :)

Pete

I liked it. There's way too much seriousness in this thread.

Just imagine the consequences, though, if HG is reading this and they also take it too seriously.

Or is it more like "Wha?? How did they KNOW what happened in that office..?"

Funny idea!!!

Does Carl Macek not have a single cell of originality in his being?!!! So he is still just going around taking credit for other peoples work by screwing up the words?!! Pathetic....

(I am still somewhat still grateful though.)

Um... Since when are Rhinoceros Beetles the same as Lobsters?

My somewhat original redux of a quote of the day:

"When we die, our bodies become the flower. And the Invid eat the flower. And so, we are all connected in the great circle of life."

-Some dude no one cares about in Robotech, because this is a Macross Board, not a Robotech one.

You're fortunate nobody is carrying pitchforks.

I only said pitchforks that does not mean we do not have torches, firewood and rope.

Gather the MOBS! Burned the heretic, I say, let 'im burned like 'em witches!

:lol: :lol:

What is robotech?

Come on it is obvious Macross F is influenced by Star Trek. Vajra and Grace fraction become borg when combined. F's main plot contain classic element of both trek and Macross - hard to communicate and understand alien, and abuse of technology lead to bad result.

Edited by CF18

So, your saying HG won after Kawamori tried to steal their idea for a super mecha show, and now they have him safely locked away in Japan where his rip-off Macross series is enjoying its only success. And HG, as absolute proof that they are the true, one and only creators came up with - the Shadow Chronicles!?!?!? :angry:

So much better to be Kawamori... :ph34r:

So, your saying HG won after Kawamori tried to steal their idea for a super mecha show, and now they have him safely locked away in Japan where his rip-off Macross series is enjoying its only success. And HG, as absolute proof that they are the true, one and only creators came up with - the Shadow Chronicles!?!?!? :angry:

So much better to be Kawamori... :ph34r:

What are you talking about, people loved... that... mov... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is robotech?

Come on it is obvious Macross F is influenced by Star Trek. Vajra and Grace fraction become borg when combined. F's main plot contain classic element of both trek and Macross - hard to communicate and understand alien, and abuse of technology lead to bad result.

"I am Locutus of Borg. You will assist us."

-Ranka Lee, Macross Frontier