BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

not to mention she's one horny Cylon...

:unsure: Boomer is a Cylon?!? Was that a joke or a spoiler? ...Inquiring minds want to know. :blink:

It's neither a joke nor a spoiler. It was revealed at the end of the mini series. If you're watching it, it's something you have to know going into the regular series. :)

Okay, I have watched the miniseries once again and I can finally say that I do like it. I was ticked off about it in the beginning, being old school and such since I grew up watching the original, but this show deserves a second (or third) viewing. I will be watching the new series.

I think if you can let the old show have it's place and let the new show be what it is, most people would wind up enjoying it quite a bit.

I went in with an open mind so that helps...also...Booooooomer. :D

Okay, I have watched the miniseries once again and I can finally say that I do like it. I was ticked off about it in the beginning, being old school and such since I grew up watching the original, but this show deserves a second (or third) viewing. I will be watching the new series.

Yes! That's exactly how I felt too.

I think if you can let the old show have it's place and let the new show be what it is, most people would wind up enjoying it quite a bit.

Yeah the old show was great... going to Universal Studios and having the 12" chrome Cylon with light up eyes, that's all cool.

But this show is beyond that. It's a good space yarn. I have a feeling if they had a bigger budget they wouldn't spare us on the space battles, hopefully the season finales will be huge.

...also...Booooooomer.

Saw her at the SDCC last year... yummmmm! Oh yeah six was there too... :rolleyes:

:lol:

...eww

This coming from the guy who named himself after the Macross character who is hot for a homicidal AI hologram.

Holograms aren't tangible. I wonder how well the Cylons can imitate body heat :unsure:

...eww

This coming from the guy who named himself after the Macross character who is hot for a homicidal AI hologram.

Holograms aren't tangible. I wonder how well the Cylons can imitate body heat :unsure:

They are synthetic humans...basically, with organic body parts and blood...

I would just like to add my opinion here and say that Battlestar Galactica is some of the BEST scifi i've seen on television in a loooong time. If both this and Firefly were airing, i'd be in geek heaven.

BSG beats the crap out of Stargate, not to mention Enterprise :p

I would just like to add my opinion here and say that Battlestar Galactica is some of the BEST scifi i've seen on television in a loooong time. If both this and Firefly were airing, i'd be in geek heaven.

BSG beats the crap out of Stargate, not to mention Enterprise :p

At least we get Firefly at the theaters come September.

YES! I love this series now - it had to grow on me. Being old school, I loved the old series in its cheesey kind of way (of course I was 8 and haven't seen any episodes since then - but it held good memories for me) :p

I hated how they changed the series in the pilot - but now, after I gave it a chance, I love the characterizations and story writing. It is the best scifi on TV today - unfortunately, that's not saying much since there isn't much original programming anymore with all those reality shows! :angry:

I can't wait till it airs in Canada, I am watching them as I download them through eMule ripped off of SkyONE UK. And I look forward to every one.

I am still not a fan of the technology yet - the Galactica interiors are too retro clunky and the Vipers & Raiders don't do it for me yet. Its the story writing and strong characters for now (hmm, what a change for TV!)

Watching the 3 hour movie on NBC right now, and reading this thread at the same time. I caught the first few episodes of the mini series but never got to see the last few episodes. So...

In regards to the new Adama being an ass kicker or a lame ass...

I don't ever remember Lorne Green bludegeoining anyone with a flashlight in the original :lol:

Six reminds me of a way hotter Courtney Love. Minus all the drugs...and the raspy voice.

Man that woman from Dances With Wolves did not age as well as I thought she would've.

Does helium ball show up in the new series as the crews re-ocurring past time?

And last....maybe the new Galactica is "ribbed" for her pleasure :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Of course, 45 mins was cut out of the NBC version....3 hour mini series cut down into a 3 hour time slot with commercials...

Sci Fi will re-air the mini as well, on Wed before the Friday US premeire.

I love the new Galactica! Loved it when it came out a year ago. Bought the DVD still love it! NBC's edited version wasn't to bad but I hope no one bases thier opinion of the new show off of it. It was a little jumpy at times by cutting scenes or even moving them around alittle. But still not bad.

Chris

While we are all on the subject of Battlestar Galactica, I got the PS2 game from a friend of mine for Christmas. Has anyone here played the game. I'm not too big on flight sims (the only one I've ever liked was Colony Wars), so this one has me all frustrated at times. I do like the fact you play as Adama in the good old days as the game seems to take place during the Cylon Wars.

It seems kinda hard at first...but once you configure your missiles correctly and learn to keep track of the main targets, it's not that bad. By using the data tag, you can keep track of the objective targets. Where are you stuck at?

You see, that stinks. I can't even pass the first level, which sucks because I am really bad at flight sims. I manage to blow up those Cylon fighters attacking the Galactica, and destroy the satellites around the sheilded asteroid, but stupid Paulus or whatever his name is buys the farm before I can reach him, even when I'm doing turbo all the way. I like the look of the game, and this is frustrating me. Maybe I'll just stick to ground based war games where I rule.

When saving Paulus, boost to where he is, and keep track of the cylons around him. There are only a few to shoot down. Configure your missiles for power and blast radius (keep some speed though).

So when is this show airring officially? Where can I see it on Canada? Space?

What's this about NBC carrying it? I thought it was Sci-Fi only in the US?

And as for Adama...I'm half-expecting him to yell: "Crockett!" and then Tubbs and Crockett pop out of a Ferrari with some hot Cylon babes.

nah he will run around the streets with Deckard retiring REPLICANTS (he was Gaff in blade runner ) and making origami men.

i actually think Edward James Olmos was a good choice. he doesnt have that pretty boy image.

i also like how the new game is a prequel to the TV series thats out now.

Edited by HWR MKII

So when is this show airring officially? Where can I see it on Canada? Space?

What's this about NBC carrying it? I thought it was Sci-Fi only in the US?

And as for Adama...I'm half-expecting him to yell: "Crockett!" and then Tubbs and Crockett pop out of a Ferrari with some hot Cylon babes.

From TV Tome:

Attention Canadian Fans:

The new series will air every Saturday at 8pm ET, beginning

January 15 and repeats Sundays at 6pm ET on Space: The Imagination Station.

Just like the US, you see it the same day we do. NBC only showed the mini series cut down to fit a 3 hour time slot (NBC...Universal Pictures). It airs "regularly" in the US on Sci-Fi, Canada on Space, and Sky One in the UK. Well, for the US and Canada, will soon air regularly. ;)

The main US site now has a ship gallery if you're into that.

Galactica Ship Gallery

Edited by Gaijin

You see, that stinks. I can't even pass the first level, which sucks because I am really bad at flight sims. I manage to blow up those Cylon fighters attacking the Galactica, and destroy the satellites around the sheilded asteroid, but stupid Paulus or whatever his name is buys the farm before I can reach him, even when I'm doing turbo all the way. I like the look of the game, and this is frustrating me. Maybe I'll just stick to ground based war games where I rule.

Just follow Paulus and keep locking on missles on the Cylons attacking him and firing. It is a frustrating game because you have to complete each level to save, and there are plenty of areas to screw up in between saves.

Some of the cool parts of the game is where you get Apollo and Starbuck as your wingmen (actually voiced by Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict), and unlock some of the art; the great McQuarrie stuff and concept stuff by Syd Mead. I thought the cut scenes were pretty good, and that opening scene with the cylons ambushing the Vipers in the asteroids was even better than the new TV show.

The main US site now has a ship gallery if you're into that.

Galactica Ship Gallery

Looks like that "Celestra" replaced the Corellian Corvette used in the TV series. That is what I remember from the original, right. I somewhat remember saying, "Hey, that was in Star Wars." The other that stuck out was the classic 3-circled mining ship, glad they kept some relics.