Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Opening things doesn’t hurt at all.  I already opened all seven of my X-Men figures.

There’s some pretty bad QC on these figures is unfortunately.

Oh no! My condolences. It sucks that you encountered some QC issues.

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... my Yamato 1/60 VF-19F arrived from Amazon and I just realized something...

This is the first time I have actually gotten a Macross toy that was new and sealed in that clear plastic wrapping.

Up to now, everything I have gotten has been in great condition, but technically used and hence not sealed.... as my acquisitions up to now have either been from Jungle, AmiAmi, Mandarake, eBay, Yahoo Japan auctions, or MWF trades.

So now, with regards to the 19F... there is a part of me that is struggling to unseal the toy. It's like, do I want to pop this valkyrie's cherry? Do I want to have it circumcised?

This hesitations... it is such a weird feeling.

OMG... I've become *THAT* kind of collector now, haven't I?

Nope...not even close....

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I more meant that opening the sealed shrink wrap would be a very painful, one and done sort of thing.... much like losing one's virginity or what I imagine circumcision must be like....

(Sorry, circumcision was the closest thing I could think of for guys that was remotely close to losing one's virginity)

Anyways. I will probably open the box sometime soon.... eventually. And when I finally do unseal it... it will hurt. I might even cry.  =)

Sorry, I'll shut up now and play with my toys in the corner over there.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Opening things doesn’t hurt at all.  I already opened all seven of my X-Men figures.

There’s some pretty bad QC on these figures unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh no! My condolences. It sucks that you encountered some QC issues.

And that is why you need to open your purchases so you have time to return it or have it refund. Just sayin'. ;)

2 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Picked these up, my wallet is hurting.

D9AA9EDF-530A-49C9-86D3-852D2A9B98F0.jpeg

What's to complain when you have the best character of the prequel trilogy immortalized. J/K. :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

OMGGGgggggg girl ....:lol::lol::lol::(  How old were you in 2005?  I keep forgetting most of us around here are fossils and Star Wars fans...LOL ---   It's Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arguably the best of the prequels.

You're forgiven....this time....:D Bro Hug! 

Nope.. It's from SW: Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) Anakin Skywalker before he fell to the dark side  @Shizuka the Cat.  Ani is father to Luke and Leia.

Don't blame you if you're not following any Sci-fi flicks.. (Star Trek, Star Wars, et all).

Posted new and upcoming HT stuff and the 1/6th thread @Bahamutzyro. Your wallet is not to like it, should you get them..

Edit: Beaten by @derex3592! Seems like Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett) and Hayden Christiansen are one hit wonders in the movie world..

Edited by borgified

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

Nope.. It's from SW: Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) Anakin Skywalker before he fell to the dark side  @Shizuka the Cat.  Ani is father to Luke and Leia.

Don't blame you if you're not following any Sci-fi flicks.. (Star Trek, Star Wars, et all).

Posted new and upcoming HT stuff and the 1/6th thread @Bahamutzyro. Your wallet is not to like it, should you get them..

Edit: Beaten by @derex3592! Seems like Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett) and Hayden Christiansen are one hit wonders in the movie world..

I know! I saw the hot toys from comic con n now I gotta sell one of my cars! This hobby is expensive!

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Score.

78945102-550A-4121-B4E5-B14F568C0FA0.thumb.jpeg.c4ce201d797ca055d499912a9ceac6ed.jpeg

Upon inspection of this Psylock I need to find the black haired version.  I don’t understand why they changed her costume color as well as the hair because this costume color is wrong.

Hmmm...Does this mean the purple one is the regular release and the black hair is the Variant? Either way, I need both but I was thinking the Purple hair would be the hard one to get. 

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

OMGGGgggggg girl ....:lol::lol::lol::(  How old were you in 2005?  I keep forgetting most of us around here are fossils and Star Wars fans...LOL ---   It's Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arguably the best of the prequels.

You're forgiven....this time....:D Bro Hug! 

Depending on when in 2005, I was either 12 or 13. 

Ahhh, Star Wars! I saw those movies as a kid.

I should have remembered. I just don't recall Skywalker having such long hair. Correction. I remember him having that long hair in the most recent movie, but he was much older and his hair was gray. It was very sad. He was a hobo on an island.

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Depending on when in 2005, I was either 12 or 13. 

Ahhh, Star Wars! I saw those movies as a kid.

I should have remembered. I just don't recall Skywalker having such long hair. Correction. I remember him having that long hair in the most recent movie, but he was much older and his hair was gray. It was very sad. He was a hobo on an island.

Just so you know, Anakin and Luke are two different Skywalkers, ok? Anakin have long brown hair on Episode III and Luke have the same grey hair length in Episode VIII. ^_^

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hmmm...Does this mean the purple one is the regular release and the black hair is the Variant? Either way, I need both but I was thinking the Purple hair would be the hard one to get. 

I’m pretty sure the North American release has the fixed hair and tweaked clothing color so for the majority of is the black hair version will be the hard to find one.

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’m pretty sure the North American release has the fixed hair and tweaked clothing color so for the majority of is the black hair version will be the hard to find one.

Aw crap...I was afraid of that happening.

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know, Anakin and Luke are two different Skywalkers, ok? Anakin have long brown hair on Episode III and Luke have the same grey hair length in Episode VIII. ^_^

Oh. Okay. Sorry, I am not really a Star Wars person.

I did like the little big-eyed birds that were like a cross between a penguin and an owl. They were my favorite part of Star Wars.

16 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I did like the little big-eyed birds that were like a cross between a penguin and an owl. They were my favorite part of Star Wars.

No worries ma'am. ;)

Next time, treat yourself on watching the whole saga. It's a good fun movie nevertheless. ^_^

18 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My fiancee says to skip 1 - 3.

True. But if you do watch it, do The Machete Order (IV, V, II, III, VI). You can skip I. Or just watch the Pod Race and the last Jedi Fight scene coz those are cool scenes.

You can check this site on the explanation of the Machete Order but it has some spoilers though. You'd be warned. ;)

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ha ha ha.. You mean the Porgs! :p

There's a love/hate relationship with these creatures.

I haven't seen the Solo or The Last Jedi at all since it came out. Basically I'm an ostrich with the head stuck in the sand.

Rooting and waiting for Queen to be released in October if this year. 

Edit: Got to bring out my Figuarts Mercury out for another photo shot soon.

Edited by borgified

I say you should just watch all them, in the correct order and judge for yourself, it's a good way to kill a lazy Sunday. There are some good parts to the prequels, and some parts we all wish we could never watch again, but they are what they are. ^_^

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

If you can stomach those two you can handle I, II and III.

I liked the most recent movie. 

The birds were so cute, making their nests in the space ship. Best part of the movie.

And I liked the sexual tension between Adam Driver and the heroine.

Though, I was not a fan of that one pilot who kept not following orders from his superior officers. He was stupid.

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

If you can stomach those two you can handle I, II and III.

And I really loved the second most recent movie. There was fighting in space. There was fighting on the planet. There was a big shield keeping the good guys' space ships away....

Wait... now I am getting confused. Isn't there another Star Wars movie with that same plot? 

Well, whichever is the one where all the good guys on the planet die.... and I suppose all the bad guys too, now that I think about it. The explosion that the other bad guys caused killed both good guys and bad guys on the planet.

You’re thinking of Rogue One which is probably the only decent Star Wars film to be released since Empire Strikes Back. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

19 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

You’re thinking of Rogue One which is probably the only decent Star Wars film to be released since Empire Strikes Back. 

YES! Rogue One. That one was good. And the one with the birds. And the one where the farmer(?) boy ends up becoming a fighter pilot with his friendly beeping robot and blows up the enemy.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat