Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

1D's haven't been safe, so ...

oh! thanks for the update. i must've missed that on the list for bad shoulders... that makes sense...i thought it was just mine that had bad shoulders.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think most pre 30th VF-1D owners here would say it's a safe release, unlike the VT-1 which was a majorly flawed release.

Mold-wise the VT-1 has a very different cockpit (pilot2 sits a bit above pilot1) which result in a different torso to accomodate a working heatshield, the whole backpack is different and there's also the wings which have small protruding tips

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah I have a feeling the 1D will see a release under Arcadia.

It's the main reason I sold mine.

Is there any difference between the 1D mold and the VT/VE?

Most of the ones I've seen over the years that are non-30th had cracked shoulders.

might be the Vt-1? mine was i think a fluke...

I don't think I've ever seen a 1D with cracked shoulders, I think you're thinking of the VT1.

i'm not sure for anyone else but mine was a 1D trainer with bad shoulders that was new. and had knarled pins

i have a vt-1 as well as (2x) 30th vf-1d's.

photo2_zps5d02456a.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The market is going to normal prices:

vf-4g 35000yen

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1228734.html

vf-1a hikaru super and strike 15000yen

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1200905.html

I've noticed Mandarake can have pretty varying prices for the same toy. Case in point: they have another VF-4G in stock that's going for 70,000 yen. They also have two weathered VF-1Js priced at 28,000 yen and 31,000 yen. Since their product is secondhand, I'm assuming that the prices vary according to condition -- though it's been my (limited) experience that everything I've purchased from them has been essentially MIB.

I don't know that the Hik 1a is the best indicator of market prices. I remember seeing those pretty heavily discounted before Yamato went under:

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6767-vf-1a-hikaru-ichijo-1-60.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6766-vf-1a-hikaru-ichijo-with-strike-parts-1-60.html

EDIT: I just noticed that the 70,000 yen 4G is an unopened box.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Yeah I have a feeling the 1D will see a release under Arcadia.

It's the main reason I sold mine.

Is there any difference between the 1D mold and the VT/VE?

A lot of the valks are different between the VE/VT and the VF-1D.

The Wings, the nose, the canopy, chestplate, back plate, locking mechanism for the tail fins for gerwalk.... the list goes on.

How's the demand for yamato launch arms and super/strike packs (with option parts)? got a couple of each that I haven't used much, can't decide whether to sell them and buy valks instead. (I have a mix of v1 & v2 VF-1s and a 1/60 VF-19S and VF-25F renewal, I would like to try the 1/60 YF-21 and waiting for the upcoming YF-19 by Arcadia)

Any thoughts? Will Arcadia re-release the launch arms and super/strike packs?

I hope they make a new stand, the launch arms were stupid since they were upside down.

The Super Strike parts will be getting rereleased, as there has already been

Tweeted pics of their development.

I'm pretty sure they realized that but a little thing called gravity was probably more important :rolleyes:

Edited by Bar81

I thought I had retired from this hobby but then I came to the forums for old times and realized I still needed/wanted things. I just picked up a sealed VF-27 Renewal at my local comic shop for $250 out the door - someone had just randomly traded it in for some other toys. And since my displays must be symmetrical, I just ordered VF-25F Renewal Reissue from Nippon-Yasan for $204 shipped. Not too shabby since last year I was always paying closer to $300 it seemed for valks. Reading all your posts makes me dread how much I may need to spend, especially with my 2nd kid on the way. :)

I think the tamashii parts for the v1 should drop in price. Interest in the V1's is low with the renewal versions out, although they never mentioned they were going to do renewal speaker pod sets. Didn't the speak pods also cause paint chipping on the version 1's? I never collected the version 1's but thought I had read about that somewhere.

If anyone wants a V2 Roy Super......

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-597609.html

It'll be like 19000 yen shipped EMS to USA based upon my last few purchases of Yammy Supers from Mandarake.

I noticed they also have the same super bundle but with a Hikaru 1S instead of a Roy for 10,000 yen more. I wonder why there's such a big price difference.

Their stuff is in awesome shape usually too

Ditto -- although they list their stuff as secondhand, everything I've ever bought from them so far has been MIB, stickers unused, all the plastic shipping bits still intact. Thanks for this forum for pointing me to them.

For what it's worth, I recently purchased a first edition Hikaru 1J from Mandarake -- tinted canopy, old-style crotch-locking mechanism, flip-top lid, etc. First thing I did was open it up to inspect the shoulders -- and they were in perfect condition. No stress marks or cracks, or anything questionable. I've handled it and transformed it a couple of times and don't see any signs of failure.

It's still possible that they may break on me sometime in the future, but it's not like the old days where it was difficult to get replacement parts.

Always a chance that shoulders will break whether they are Yamato or Arcadia though. They are made of plastic after all. Luckily we don't have to worry or care anymore because of Shapeways!