Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Same here. My bad. Shall keep this to completed auctions now. Agree that we gotta let people look for stuff themselves. Again, sorry.

Thanks for trying to help fellow MW'ers though. Just gotta be every man for themselves from now on. j/k Edited by wmkjr

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy smokes, I should have held on to my collection. I had everything Yamato made....and two of some.

I thought the panic buying on guns/ammo over the last year was stupid. This takes the cake!

don't worry bout selling off your stuff, you should be able to get stuff now that macross (yamato) has returned under arcadia. i think actually you came at the right time to get stuff bc market prices are dropping now since the recent relaunch announcements.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Congratz! you've amassed quite the collection, when are you going to show it all to us?

it's all in boxes lol

Nice David.

thanks guys

Edited by davidwhangchoi

VF-25As are starting to pop-up in the aftermarket:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1437359.html

I saw several VF-25A's in Akihabara the week before last in different shops. The cheapest was 10800Yen (although since it was in a case, I couldn't tell of box was sealed) ranging up to 14000. Tempted but resisted since I gotta pay for my Arcadia YF-19.........

Edited by Moosey

Wonder how long before Arcadia gets this bold in their releases? Then again...it was an exclusive (although briefly available at some online retailers for a while)...

It's ironic that the VF-X is actually one of the few valks that still commands a premium these days after the fall of Yamato....but that Yamato/Macross Chronicle must have over-estimated it's initial demand (thus ending up at HLJ along with the Angel Birds)...I'm sure this lesson played into the new strategy of valks "made to order" from Yamato for the VF-4 and now Arcadia.....a wise choice....too late for Yamato, but a good move for Arcadia....

Another marketing/sales strategy would be to build them per "fan choice" polls and up-front payments......that may be the only way to ever see obscure valks (like the VF-X) in the future....

Edited by jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm a strong advocate of not posting live (and especially new) listings from places like Mandarake. It's hard enough as it is to find deals, free advertisements in a broadly viewed board like this doesn't help. If someone is looking for something, and the item has been up for quite a few days, it's another story. But posting a new listing not an hour old? I don't agree with it.

It's my strong opinion that this thread should be about SOLD prices, and not prices for items still available!

Actually, there is a thread already available to post live auctions, current sales, etc...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=13

:rolleyes:

this thread is for completed listings thanks though. there is another section above to post these deals