L.A. DYRL Bluray Screening

No date or locaton just yet... working out some details. I might be at night also if we can't get a good place to project it during the day time. I'm thinking this will be sometime in August. More info soon.

4pm: Set up/Mingle/"My Boyfriend Is A Pilot" video game

6:15 (Sunset): Flashback Screening + more

15 minute break

7:00: DYRL Screening

I think that should be enough time for it to get dark anough for the main feature.

Let me know how that date works and who is coming!

Thanks!

Here's who we have so far...

EXO

Bigkid

Kirik*

Jasonc*

Reflex Point*

Egan Loo

Hikaru2

Dan Bickell*

Maiden Japan*

nightmareB4Macross

floralskirts

Tom B.*

Daniel A.*

Jose O.*

Macette*

Gabe Q

Alec O*

Steve R.*

Tom D.*

Norge Y.*

Zeke R.*

Vivian*

Andre A.*

Steve R.*

BobePatt*

LOL in other words when ever you feel like it sooner or later!

No way... I want to see this baby projected ASAP. I just want the perfect venue for a small gathering that won't cost anything.

I hope I'm in LA at the time!

When are you coming?

No way... I want to see this baby projected ASAP. I just want the perfect venue for a small gathering that won't cost anything.

When are you coming?

I'm hoping late August or early September. Would like to see some friends and enjoy the beach for a few days. A DYRL screening would be icing on the cake!

No date or locaton just yet... working out some details. I might be at night also if we can't get a good place to project it during the day time. I'm thinking this will be sometime in August. More info soon.

Make sure theres a good sound system. The 5.1 remaster is great and needs to be pumped UP!

EXO, how about where they do the TF gatherings? It's also possible to rent the sound system, projector and screen as well, and if the price is decent enough, and there's enough people, the fee can cover the expenses, and just make it an unofficial MW gathering..

EXO, how about where they do the TF gatherings? It's also possible to rent the sound system, projector and screen as well, and if the price is decent enough, and there's enough people, the fee can cover the expenses, and just make it an unofficial MW gathering..

Now this sounds like a good idea!

Now this sounds like a good idea!

LOL, meant to say a small entry fee can cover the expenses. I'd love to watch this amongst fellow fans, and with a great sound systema and big screen.

Make sure theres a good sound system. The 5.1 remaster is great and needs to be pumped UP!

For sure... I want to make sure it's not going to be on a 50" screen and a surround system has to be in place.

LOL, meant to say a small entry fee can cover the expenses. I'd love to watch this amongst fellow fans, and with a great sound systema and big screen.

Going to meet them this weekend but the place is almost all glass. I want to make sure we see a good projected image. I think we can get projector and sound system for free.

For sure... I want to make sure it's not going to be on a 50" screen and a surround system has to be in place.

Going to meet them this weekend but the place is almost all glass. I want to make sure we see a good projected image. I think we can get projector and sound system for free.

Either way, at worst case, board up the glass with black large construction paper. They have a microwave there too, so popcorn might be good. It'll be about as close to a movie theater as possible, I think. Call me later today. My copy just came in. Edited by Jasonc

We can still screen the movie at con, but there's so many things going on this year that I don't think people would want to sit around in the dark all day. Also there's only one day for the con this year. We'll also be screening Flashback 2012, Some of the episodes or select screens from the Bluray of the series! And I'm pretty sure I'll have a surprise or two.

No... I won't have the VF-4 there... I wish. If it's a small gathering we'll have it at a house or something, but with anything more than 15 people we'll need a place with bigger accomodations, like I said I'll talk to the TF guys this weekend.

This will be a small event though, a meet up. Please don't mistake it for the MWCon.

Created an account just to say that I would very much love for this to happen as I live in LA and am dying to see the BD release :wub:

That's awesome. I hope to meet more new people at the screening.

So, I just talked to the TF guys and they're pretty cool about it. I'll have to charge about $5 to cover the room but I'll bring the projector and screen and equipment unless there's a pro out there that wants to volunteer to do it for free and act as a sponsor. Also if there's anything left over, we'll get sodas and ice with that.

We are looking at the 18th of August to screen after sundown. I figure people can play the game on the PS3 while we set up or because it's in downtown long beach, there's a ton of places for people to hang out, eat and enjoy themselves. They do provide parking vouchers in the building but you got to get a spot or park outside. The room can hold up to 50 people though I am not expecting anywhere that many to show up. If you guys have tall foldable chairs or lawn chairs I encourage you to bring it because while there's plenty of seating it may be not enough. If people are OK with sitting on the floor in front, that's fine... and I'm reserving center of the couch!

If people want to bring stuff to sell or trade that's fine but there won't be any deals once the screenings begin. I encourage you to do the deals on the boards and then meet up there. Again, this isn't the MWCon, so you can't set up tables.

Here's the type of schedule we are looking at:

15 minute break

7:30: DYRL Screening

I think that should be enough time for it to get dark anough for the main feature.

Thanks!

Here's who we have so far...

EXO

Bigkid

Kirik*

Jasonc*

Reflex Point*

Egan Loo

Hikaru2

Dan Bickell*

Maiden Japan*

nightmareB4Macross

floralskirts

Tom B.*

Daniel A.*

Jose O.*

Macette*

Gabe Q

Alec O*

Steve R.*

Tom D.*

Norge Y.*

Zeke R.*

Vivian*

Andre A.*

Steve R.*

Done! And you know I'm expecting a certain 1:24 piece displayed there... ;)

Just want to reiterate that we're not charging to screen the movie. It's for the room... anything extra will be used for snacks + cups, plate, ice, napkins, etc...

I second this. I think the screening is a great idea and the 5.1 mix is going to push the "awesome levels" over the edge.

Here's the type of schedule we are looking at:

15 minute break

7:30: DYRL Screening

Sounds good to me!

HI everyone. I got a new place because the contact on the other place was realy flaky. It's in the vicinity and we don't have to wait until dark because it's actually a private screening/game room with a screen already up. We just need to bring some chairs and stuff. I'll figure out logistics. We also won't need any cash or anything unless you guys want to order pizza or stuff. I'll look at the place this weekend and tell you more.

About the address, I can't give it out until a day or 2 before because this is a private residence. The last one was also, even though it was in a public setting it was still part of a residential community so I wouldn't give out that address either that much ahead of time. Both guys are pretty generous to offer and I wouldn't impose on them like that.

Stay tune for more info. We won't change the time or schedule for now in case people already made plans.

Like Jasonc said there's a facebook event page here also. In case you have people that are not on MW.

Thanks!