Ahhhh excellent! thank you kind sir! Has anyone actually seen it?

A lot of us have. I first saw it when it opened in Tokyo last year and have it on Blu-Ray. Personally, I loved it, save for a bad continuity issue which bugged me. Covered a number of elements of the classic Yamato universe, introduced some old favourite classic characters, and had epic space battles. Also it adds some lead-in story for the recently-rumoured remake of Space Battleship Yamato 2 which many fans have been imagining since they first heard 2199 was being made.

Edited by Analyser809

"It would've been cuter if she had been eating a piece of toast..." Lol, funny line. Also, both Yuki AND Miki on the bridge at once? Those celestial bodies are all that I can handle. You should DEFINITELY order this...

A lot of us have. I first saw it when it opened in Tokyo last year and have it on Blu-Ray. Personally, I loved it, save for a bad continuity issue which bugged me. Covered a number of elements of the classic Yamato universe, introduced some old favourite classic characters, and had epic space battles. Also it adds some lead-in story for the recently-rumoured remake of Space Battleship Yamato 2 which many fans have been imagining since they first heard 2199 was being made.

Cool! I definitely want to see it as soon as possible! Interesting to hear about the possible remake!

Yup, why aren't you ordering it right now?

I know eh.. so where is the best place to order it from?

Cool! I definitely want to see it as soon as possible! Interesting to hear about the possible remake!

I know eh.. so where is the best place to order it from?

Depends on where you are and what your budget is. Amazon Japan or CD Japan are normally your options.

Amazon Japan

Two-disc Blu-Ray w/English Subtitles on the movie and extras disc (9798 yen + shipping)

Single-disc Blu-Ray w/English Subtitles on the movie (6228 yen + shipping)

Amazon Exclusive Collector's Blu-Ray Edition - Same as the Two-disc set plus Storyboard book and Collector's Box to hold all the Blu-Rays for the series and movies (currently on special at 8957 + shipping, list price 12,800 yen)

Limitations on Amazon Japan is that they solely use DHL which means you cannot ship to a PO Box. Prices above include 8% sales tax which is removed for foreign orders. On the upside once your order ships it should get to you inside a few days.

CD Japan

CD Japan have the Single-Disc and Two Disc editions for 7800 yen and 9800 yen, respectively. They have cheaper shipping options available, though.

Keep in mind the DVD version doesn't have subtitles and is Region-2 locked. Blu-Rays are all-region and have English subs.

Edited by Analyser809

It also appears to be available from Ebay, as with all things ebay make sure it is legit...

(this seller has a 100% rating but still do more research, etc...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Space-Battleship-Yamato-2199-Hoshi-Meguru-Hakobune-Blu-ray-BCXA-967-Japan-/161767697498?hash=item25aa1b2c5a

Good point. Quick rule of thumb with eBay: if it sounds to good to be true, it almost certainly is. eBay prices for the genuine article will almost certainly be close to or in most cases higher than the direct price from Amazon Japan. In this case, that $86 US price probably would include what freight would cost you from Amazon Japan. On current mid-market rates (USD 1 = JPY 123.89), the Amazon Prices translate to the following in US$:

2-disc regular edition: $79

1-disc regular edition: $50

Amazon Collector's Edition: $72.29

Shipping to the Australia for one of those is 1200 yen, so I imagine to the US it would be around 3000 yen, which is currently about $26.

Edited by Analyser809

speaking about imaging what Yamato 220# could be like, hears a thought: the Cosmo Navy ships of SBS Y2 (The Comet Empire) were highly automated, with Bots replacing some crew jobs. will a Y220# continue that line (use bots) or go automated machinery so explain the rational behind it (personally, i think they would do that because they dont have enough people in terms of population yet)

At this stage, it's hard to make any call on that, simply because we don't know exactly what the Cosmo Reverse System did or didn't do at the end of Episode 26, past restoring Earth to its previous blue-green natural state. Aside from that, what else did it restore? Cities? Infrastructure? Those that had died? (we see that is possible via Mamoru's actions) Until we find out more about this, everything is pure speculation. I'm sure that's a question that will come up with the writers and director (whoever take the jobs this time around) once stories covering production come up.

Regardless of whether or not the population is large enough to have sufficient staff for a fleet, the decision could be made so that what personnel are available could be distributed amongst as many ships as possible in order, or that they see that automation is a better thing. The whole moral of the story in the original was that the ship wasn't just the plates, bolts, engines, guns, and so forth, the ship was also the crew who sailed her.

I finally got to watch it! Found out my cousin had purchased the DVD and was happy to lend it to me.

Ok so it was ok I guess.. seemed to drag on in a few spots and surprisingly some characters were almost completely ignored!

Kiryu Mikage is a right cutie and im glad she got a lot of focus in this movie!

The battle scenes were good too! Not sure it was anything near good enough to buy myself so I'll just hold on to his DVD for a week or two more and maybe watch it again..

This has very quickly become one of my favorite shows, and I just saw the movie not too long ago. I found it very refreshing to see a well adjusted and competent crew, and it was good to see that the protagonists took a beating every now and then. There wasn't a ton of needless drama, which was nice. Overall definitely a recommend from me.

attachicon.gifMH151113.jpg

so nice...

:wub:

:hail:

:bump:

11/15

It will be released in the last ten days of the next November.
So, if MegaHobby Expo 2015 Autumn will be held, it will be sold at the venue.
And of course, some new products will be revealed. The Gatilantic Ship(s) and so on.

So they seem to be releasing Yuki in EVERY type of dress...how come they haven't done the dress uniform from the first few episodes?

Simple, it's not revealing enough.

Chris

Simple, it's not revealing enough.

Chris

I would actually welcome a change from the usual whoring out of her character with all of the current versions; dress uniform Yuki would be an interesting change, although you can bet the designers will accentuate her lady parts to ridiculous proportions like all the others...

I would actually welcome a change from the usual whoring out of her character with all of the current versions; dress uniform Yuki would be an interesting change, although you can bet the designers will accentuate her lady parts to ridiculous proportions like all the others...

I'm ok with that. I mean it's unrealistic, because no female uniform ever looks good on a pretty woman...

I'm ok with that. I mean it's unrealistic, because no female uniform ever looks good on a pretty woman...

Weeeeeelllllll.....I might be able to make an exception for some cases...

image.jpg1_zps6mjooxkw.jpg

Edited by myk

Weeeeeelllllll.....I might be able to make an exception for some cases...

image.jpg1_zps6mjooxkw.jpg

Did you see her in the leather outfit earlier in the movie? Yeah, still not that flattering. I must confess, though that I have a specific hatred for that uniform (Nobody I ever met liked wearing their blues...), so I don't think it looks good on anyone... I think it's more of a case that the uniform looks better with her wearing it, than her looking good wearing the uniform...

Oh I completely agree, my statement was meant to be more in line with the last part of your post. ;)

Chris

Yamato 2199 Hyperdetail Mechanical Artworks just arrived. Some crazy detailed mecha pron in this book.

(Even better, I had some customer loyalty points racked up so it was free ;-).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

THANKS! Just ordered it from HLJ. Looks amazing.

Alright, it's not exactly 2199, but this week my wife was nice enough to purchase the Yamato live action movie at Best Buy for my son and I. Needless to say, my son and I were VERY disappointed. My wife and I had to keep telling BOTH of us to shut up! B)) Yuh Mutto!? It's a dog ship now!? That kept driving us nuts and then the whole story line was like a bad dream. I'm sure others in the past commented on their disappointment. My wife liked the movie, but she didn't have any expectations or story knowledge watching it. They even botched Analyzer! My son was mad they didn't go back for him after the end attack :o Yamato was the only thing that looked -similar- to what it should. And the ending!? OK, I feel better now that I've vented.

We'll probably watch it again someday as just a movie, not part of the franchise - official or not. - MT

Edited by MechTech

Alright, it's not exactly 2199, but this week my wife was nice enough to purchase the Yamato live action movie at Best Buy for my son and I. Needless to say, my son and I were VERY disappointed. My wife and I had to keep telling BOTH of us to shut up! B)) Yuh Mutto!? It's a dog ship now!? That kept driving us nuts and then the whole story line was like a bad dream. I'm sure others in the past commented on their disappointment. My wife liked the movie, but she didn't have any expectations or story knowledge watching it. They even botched Analyzer! My son was mad they didn't go back for him after the end attack :o Yamato was the only thing that looked -similar- to what it should. And the ending!? OK, I feel better now that I've vented.

We'll probably watch it again someday as just a movie, not part of the franchise - official or not. - MT

You watched it dubbed, that's your fault! And for coming out whilr Nishizaki was alive without turning into a huge "Yamato Ressurrection / Rebirth" mess, actually places the movie pretty highly.

Watch it subbed, there are no dog ships.