People WERE demanding castoff parts. It looks like they got 'em.

Yeah, but only a G-rated castoff.

Wonder if the licensors will EVER allow anybody else (Orca, OrchidSeed, Griffon, etc...) to do a, uhmm, proper castoff-enabled version of Yuki (and/or the other girls) ...

:bump:

Edited by treatment

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Force is awakening around us, it's easy to forget there's new Yamato 2199 in the early stages.

For those who aren't aware, this month's CosmoDNA update included the November Yamato Crew Ship's Log interview with Shoji Nishizaki about the Yamato 2 remake (and a bit about the live-action film).

"Finish the script to Chapter 1 by the end of 2015?" They need to finish the entire series by the end of 2015 so we can start watching in January 2016! And I don't know about you guys, but I think they should forget any efforts on the live-action material...

Edited by myk

Woah, another live action film? When

Since the Force is awakening around us, it's easy to forget there's new Yamato 2199 in the early stages.

For those who aren't aware, this month's CosmoDNA update included the November Yamato Crew Ship's Log interview with Shoji Nishizaki about the Yamato 2 remake (and a bit about the live-action film).

Woah, another live action? Um, didn't they sort of blow up the ship and kill off the lead?

I'm cautiously skeptical here but have a glimmer of hope for it. I think it's too soon for a remake of the live action film, and scratching my head as to how they can make a sequel.

Regardless, a second season of 2199 would be welcome.

Edited by peter

I'm cautiously skeptical here but have a glimmer of hope for it. I think it's too soon for a remake of the live action film, and scratching my head as to how they can make a sequel.

They should of made a remake right after it was released, I thought it was that bad and deserved a do-over. Really they should just concentrate on 2199 season 2.

Yeah, totally dying for a second season of 2199.

As for the first live action film, I suppose it was better than nothing, it could have been worse, it was nice to see an iteration of the ship in photo-realistic cgi, however.......loads of crappy acting, not enough ship. Definitely needed a do-over.

They should of made a remake right after it was released, I thought it was that bad and deserved a do-over. Really they should just concentrate on 2199 season 2.

The live-action Space Battleship Yamato film served its purpose: it provided the initial funding for Yamato 2199.

I dunno. I think another live-action movie might actually COST them money this time, instead of providing funds for anything else...

I dunno. I think another live-action movie might actually COST them money this time, instead of providing funds for anything else...

I've not heard of them putting any money into this movie. They would have been paid for the rights to the movie, usually it's up to Hollywood to bankroll it.

Unless you're talking about Japan making another Yamato movie. Which I don't think they'll do. Like I said, that movie served its purpose, and their main projects in Japan are both animated now. 2199's second series first, and then possibly picking up Resurrection after that.

Edited by Analyser809

• 2 months later...

Has there been anything in news lately about the Yamato 2199 IP?

Yes, just this morning, in fact. Yamato Crew website announced production of series 2 (remake of Comet Empire/Farewell to Yamato) is ramping up. March Ship's Log newsletter will interview a key person in the new production.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the Our Star Blazers community on Facebook, because things will start ramping up again soon.

Great news!! Need some Seagulls, some Melda's fighters, some Borodinos and Andromedas!

The UNCF ships such as Andromeda are a given, however I wouldn't get my hopes up about the Seagull or Czvarke becoming available in 1/72 scale - even though these would be ideal to release in the leadup to the new series.

Edited by Analyser809

1/1000 Andromeda, Soul of Chogokin and 1/500.

Assuming Andromeda ends up being roughly the same size as Yamato, sure. If they decide to make it substantially larger relative to Yamato than it was in the original, then 1/1000 and SoC might be all we get.