Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

v1 is the 1/72 toy that released ages ago. This was ok and surprisingly it had locking chest mechanism for robot mode that the v2 lacks.

The v2 has better look overall but the toy in robot mode seems to lack something. It has a small gunpod and in fighter mode it just has the wierd looking neck. It's not bad just that people know improvements can be made to this with the release of the vf-19. Robot mode fans tend to like the chunkier look of the vf-19 but honestly it's just down to how you imagine the robot to look in your mind not that there is one good or bad way.

V1 should not really be called v1 since it is another scale. (1/72)

The "v3" should be the v2 since it is the second 1/60.

I don't call the 1/48 vf-1 the "version 2" (came later than the original 1/60 vf-1)

So I find it funny that people want to call the next 1/60 yf-19 a "version 3", when the original 1/60 yf-19 was the first 1/60 yf-19 from yamato. From henceforth I hope people just call any future 1/60 yf-19 after the first 1/60 yf-19 a version 2 so we don't get confused. the old 1/72 shouldn't be included within the 1/60 as one of the versions in that scale.

I like calling it the v3 because it gives more of a sense of how much progress has been made. I jsut make sure not to mention a scale when calling it the v3 and it's still accurate since it is Yamato's third.

As for the VF-1, VF-1v2 just rolls of the tongue I guess, lol.

If they just had it in big writing: yf-19 2012 edition (or whatever year it comes out)

That would have more impact on people who are casual macross fans who don't follow all this information up on internet boards.

It would aid in doing ebay searches hehe. Some people who are a bit "late to the party" when looking for "1.60 VF-1" are going to end up with a big surprise when they accidentally order the older 1.60 Vf-1 and not realise that it isn't the V2 1.60 vf-1 with all its vast improvements from the v.1. Right now I bet there are lurkers reading this "version 1" and "version 2" description and not knowing what that term means. It doesn't sound very "official" to them.

I think saying the year to me sounds more descrptive.

If yamato do v.3 I think the box would be better saying 1/60 YF-19 "XXXX edition" (with the XXXX in smaller print on the box).

With "XXXX" being the year of release. This year would be the year that particular version first came out onto the market. So if you hadn't known about earlier 1/60 versions back in the past, you could at least know that what it is you are looking at is current version. Collectors who never knew about newer versions would then get some hint as to the different ones out there.

Sure it's not a problem for majority of us who have been gobbling up news like a starved african child every month, looking for pics everyday. But it might help distinguish the different type to those who may not have done as much reasearch into the toys.

The only reason I know about a bandai 1/60 VF-25 "version 2" is because I read boards all the time. I feel sorry for all those who are going to be buying version 1 1/60 vf-25 bandais, only to realise later they just got something that has been made obsolete by a superior version of that same mecha about to come around the corner. All that money could have went to bandai (or in the case of new yf-19 with locking chest, yamato) instead of some collector trying to offload old crap second hand and laughing his ass off that he suckered a poor guy into purchasing the wrong thing to him on ebay. lol

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Can someone please post pictures of the VF-19 and a YF-21/VF-22 and a YF-19 side by side in battroid mode for comparison. I'd like to see how much taller the YF-21/VF-22 is compared with the new 19 design. Thanks!

Let's not forget that compared to the 1/72 - the 1/60 is a "world of a difference" better and deserving in terms of display and engineering. Yeah it may not be the best transforming or lack of a locking toy but I'm still pretty happy with it in comparison to that old chunky funky thingamagig. Is the current 1/60 perfect? No but it's pretty close and it could have been worse.

I think yf 19 ver 2.0 it's unnecessary, because in the history yf-19 is a prototype!!!

What kind of argument is that? :huh:

Even if you think Isamu piloted a fighter that didn’t lock together because prototypes just don’t –something I haven’t been able to notice in the film nor in the OVA- many people and I myself would love to have a better designed updated toy that doesn’t fall apart when we zoom it around. And Yamato can and know how to do this so we want it.

I think yf 19 ver 2.0 it's unnecessary, because in the history yf-19 is a prototype!!!

That's like saying Yamato should've never made the new transformation for the 1/48 VF-1 nor even made the 1/48 VF-1 since the V1 1/60 already had a more canonical transformation(one of the Yamato guys stated that the V1 1/60 had a transformation close to canon since the legs do detach from fighter/gerwalk to battroid...bear in mind this was when the V1 was still new and a while before the 1/48 was released).

Considering that the YF21 and VF11 in 1/60 scale are pretty good, the current YF19 just looks so dated in comparison. I would want one that is either on par with the high quality of the VF11 or surpass it and the Fire Valkyrie. Yamato has shown with the Fire Valkyrie that they can nail the generally chunky silhouette of the Excalibur in battroid yet make it perfect transformation with decent gerwalk and fighter modes.

Kicker773, is that your collection? Is there a photo of that blue and white 19 from a different angle?

I would not buy another YF-19, at least not in the standard scheme. Maybe if they made cooler original schemes, the Double Nuts or whatever weren't really exciting enough. The current 1/60 does leave a lot to be desired, but I personally hate getting doubles of things. I try to avoid double-dipping, that's why I only have two 1/60 v.2 VF-1's: The 1D and the VE-1; my Hikaru 1S is in 1/48, Roy 1S is in 1/55, Max 1A is a 1/60 v.1, etc...

Not to mention Yamatos get more expensive with every release, that I'm not sure if I'll get the 17, and if I do it will likely be my last valk.

Personally.. I'm already counting on a new YF-19. The old one bugs me so much, I finally took a file and razor blade to it to try and get the nose to drop lower. I'm partially successful too, I just need to modify the gullet flap to fit, and then patch the gap on top. It currently still holds together the way it was made, but it's a bit loose.

What about a VF-4? ^_^

I'll believe it when I see it... And by that point I'll be broke. :p

EDIT -- I forgot I'm also planning to get the VF-19P!! Well, that's it, any new YF-19 is definitely off the cards now, there's just no way! :lol:

Edited by Renato

Personally.. I'm already counting on a new YF-19. The old one bugs me so much, I finally took a file and razor blade to it to try and get the nose to drop lower. I'm partially successful too, I just need to modify the gullet flap to fit, and then patch the gap on top. It currently still holds together the way it was made, but it's a bit loose.

like i've mentioned before; cut little bits of electrician's tape, stick 'em in the slots of whatever joint you want tightened up,

re-assemble, and Viola!! instant tightened joints!

i did this to my old HCM VF-1J, with every last joint, front to back, wing to wing,

and the sucker has stayed tight as a drum throughout, transformation after transformation.

same for my 1/60v.II of the same Valk; i had to tighten the wing joints, as they were getting a bit loose.

today, they are both as tight and smooth in their action as can possibly be...

Edited by Shaorin

like i've mentioned before; cut little bits of electrician's tape, stick 'em in the slots of whatever joint you want tightened up,

re-assemble, and Viola!! instant tightened joints!

i did this to my old HCM VF-1J, with every last joint, front to back, wing to wing,

and the sucker has stayed tight as a drum throughout, transformation after transformation.

same for my 1/60v.II of the same Valk; i had to tighten the wing joints, as they were getting a bit loose.

today, they are both as tight and smooth in their action as can possibly be...

No no, you misunderstand. This has nothing to do with joints.

I mean I'm cutting pieces of the nose off. ^_^ I might do a write up on it later, but for now, it's still in a mid-rebuilt condition, and the nose still attaches the old way.

I would completely like a new YF-19 re-issue. when comparing the VF-11b and YF-21 with the YF-19... well, the latter doesn't have the same finish as the 11 and the 21 have. And seeing what Yamato has done to the VF-19 fire valk... well, it makes me want the same finish to the 19, which is my favourite mecha.

So yes, I would completely like a new v3 YF-19!!! Please Yamato!!!

I was just wooshing around the room with my FP version and my answer is still no. I would prefer some sort of retrofit kit to add on at least a couple VF-19 style locks but on the whole I like the design. A replacement "gullet hatch" could largely fix the gullet issue, too.

Can someone please post pictures of the VF-19 and a YF-21/VF-22 and a YF-19 side by side in battroid mode for comparison. I'd like to see how much taller the YF-21/VF-22 is compared with the new 19 design. Thanks!

If Yamato decided to make something else like the VF-4 or the VF-2SS that’d be great news, but to answer the topic question I’d say hell, yes, I do want an YF-19 v.3. The reason? Quite simple: I don’t own the v.2 for I’ve never been very fond of the toy’s design and since Yamato has been revising some of their designs over time I just decided to wait for the v.3.

I believe time has proven me right: v.2 has been a problematic toy that hasn’t aged well, we now know the new standards settled by the VF-19 and Graham has told us to be patient and I trust him ^_^

Same here, never owned a YF-19 before because of the many issues it had like the crooked gunpod alignment. A revision improved some of the issues but then there's no lock on the chest, the gullet design. Now there's even the arm issue disintegrating before your eyes. Hell yea it's about time Yamato starts to release a perfect 1/60 YF-19 that could age well compared to the 11 and 21. Hopefully we can see a new version in 2-3 years if they decide to release other models first.

The FP version mostly fixed all the QC issues and a few of the minor design issues (didn't tackle major issues like the locks, of course). Hopefully we won't see disintegrating joints on that one, that's for sure!