1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Yay something new from me finally, heres a quick edit and test for the Canon EF 200mm f/2.0 L IS USM lens. Im planning to buy a light tent soon so i could take good pics of my collection. Any recommendations of what brand to buy?

Beautiful shot. That must be a pretty expensive lens too.

For the light tents, I got mine on Amazon. While I can't recommend a brand, I'd say to look up the reviews there and also get as large a tent as would be practical for you. Mine is just 24" and I found it to be too small for more than single valkyries. If I were to get another, I'd maybe get a 60" tent. That would give me room to play with better angles as well. I'd also get my own separate backdrops. The ones that came with my tent really really suck.

Beautiful shot. That must be a pretty expensive lens too.

For the light tents, I got mine on Amazon. While I can't recommend a brand, I'd say to look up the reviews there and also get as large a tent as would be practical for you. Mine is just 24" and I found it to be too small for more than single valkyries. If I were to get another, I'd maybe get a 60" tent. That would give me room to play with better angles as well. I'd also get my own separate backdrops. The ones that came with my tent really really suck.

Thanks! ill go check that light tent out.

• 4 weeks later...

Such a nice color. Wasn't a big fan of the design in the animation, but the toy actually makes it look great.

The battroid mode has become one of my favorites with the proportions and awesome head sculpt.

It's too bad the transformation locking on the nosecone in conjunction with the glossiness makes putting a clear coat and weathering on the toy unfeasible or impractical.

VF-19S_fighter_01.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_02.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_05.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_03.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_04.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_01.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_02.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_03.JPG

Okay does this mean I have to come up with a different number whenever mine comes in? :blink: Nice pics though. Was the black backgorund photoshopped in?

Nope, those numbers are the ones for Docker's VF-19S. if you take a close look at the stickers of the VF-19 on the sticker sheet, you can see the "101" on them. the master file just shows extra markings like the "01" on the other side of the shoulders and other markings.

Background was just cleaned up of stray dust, but not photoshopped in. Just used a black backdrop. The clear stand would have made it hard to photoshop in a background.

Nope, those numbers are the ones for Docker's VF-19S. if you take a close look at the stickers of the VF-19 on the sticker sheet, you can see the "101" on them. the master file just shows extra markings like the "01" on the other side of the shoulders and other markings.

Background was just cleaned up of stray dust, but not photoshopped in. Just used a black backdrop. The clear stand would have made it hard to photoshop in a background.

That's a relief, maybe I should pick up a copy of the VF-19 Master File book.

I tried GERWALK mode for the first time. I now know what the fuss is about GERWALK mode for this thing. You can angle the legs so far forward, but the feet can't angle back enough to compensate. Had to bring the legs back a notch, but it just makes it look so front heavy. It's not too bad I guess since it still manages to stand up at least.

The other modes are still more fun though.

VF-19S_fighter_06.JPG

VF-19S_GERWALK_01.JPG

VF-19S_GERWALK_02.JPG

VF-19S_GERWALK_03.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_04.JPG

man, it looks great all stickered up. Here's hoping that Yamato starts tampo printing future releases... what was the reasoning for not tampo printing again?

I think it’s probably because the result wouldn't be anime accurate. Fortunately, they give us the possibility of customisation by including the sticker sheet.

Such a nice color. Wasn't a big fan of the design in the animation, but the toy actually makes it look great.

The battroid mode has become one of my favorites with the proportions and awesome head sculpt.

It's too bad the transformation locking on the nosecone in conjunction with the glossiness makes putting a clear coat and weathering on the toy unfeasible or impractical.

VF-19S_fighter_01.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_02.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_05.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_03.JPG

VF-19S_fighter_04.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_01.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_02.JPG

VF-19S_Battroid_03.JPG

man that view from the top is killer!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad i got this comin on the way..sucks i got to wait for it to ship tho..only a couple days now..

Decaled mine tonight though almost like Macrossjunkie's it still lacking something... oh yeah a white U.N. Spacy they only put in two white N.U.N. Spacy's I guess I'll just have to cut the N out.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

So, how's are the decals that come with it? I never bothered to take them out of the plastic bag but those pictures are making me tempted to try it. If they're thin, flexible and adhere well I'll give it a try.

Decaled mine tonight though almost like Macrossjunkie's it still lacking something... oh yeah a white U.N. Spacy they only put in two white N.U.N. Spacy's I guess I'll just have to cut the N out.

That's what I did, although I should have just gone to some of my other sticker sheets from previous valks and pulled a couple white U.N.SPACY's from there.

So, how's are the decals that come with it? I never bothered to take them out of the plastic bag but those pictures are making me tempted to try it. If they're thin, flexible and adhere well I'll give it a try.

They are pretty good. They are at least as thin as the VF-1 stickers that Takatoys used to make on those 3M sheets, but with a matte finish. I've had no issues with placement thus far and are capable of holding to the contours and going in panel lines if you press them in with the edge of your fingernail. As long as the surface has been wiped clean of grease before you apply them, you shouldn't have problems with adhesion.

MacrossJunkie... WOW, just WOW! Way too awesome! Which route did you go with for the panel lines? Future with a black mix, Gundam markers, black oil based paint, etc.?

As much as I normally dislike the results from using gundam markers, I had to use them this time because the panel lines were too shallow for even paint thinner mixed with a little black enamel paint to work. The worst was going over the yellow parts with them. I had to scrape off as much as I could with my fingernail so that the lines didn't look too thick or heavy. On the relatively darker blue plastic, the marker doesn't look too bad. I used gray enamel and paint thinner with the white head guns though. I also tinted them very lightly them with a tiny bit of gun metal color to take the edge off the whiteness, although it doesn't show in the pics due to the lighting.

Nice MacrossJunkie! Yea I understand your standpoint with gundam markers. I tend to usually go with the mixture of future and black. The reason why I asked was because of the shallowness of certain sections on the 19 (especially the 19's left side of the jet shield, fuselage hump/on top of the battroid's uniboob). I maybe tempted to pull out an engraver just to define the details a little more. I also noticed the white was a little toned down.

You mean in that picture on the mirror. No man I am not a football fan, that's me graduating class of 2004 at Delaware County Community College. I keep forgetting to take that down when I am taking pictures of my valkyries on my dresser. And now more pics plus my Battroid pics

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie70.jpg

see no problems here

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie71.jpg

begin transformation!!!

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie72.jpg

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie73.jpg

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie74.jpg

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie75.jpg

complete

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie76.jpg

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie78.jpg

VF-19SEmeraldForceValkyrie79.jpg