Preordered a pair this afternoon at a local hobby shop for around $180 each. Grabbed an optional parts set too.

Also the Destiny will be available starting from the 30th for around $220. Deciding whether to pick it up or not....

What did you preorder a pair of? Did the red frame and option parts go up already?

What did you preorder a pair of? Did the red frame and option parts go up already?

Yeah my hobby shop had the red frame. I was as surprised as you, since bandai haven't announced if it's a tamashii exclusive or not. I'm sure they have the right channels as they have always delivered on any and everything they put out for preorder. Never missed a beat, so I'm sure they've already secured allocations of the red frame. The Strike Freedom preorder sold out in less than an hour, but i managed to snag one. Seems like the red frame is going a little slower.

That shop is crazy good at getting exclusives too. One of the guys said they are getting a ton of Metal Build Destiny units during the tamashii nations event next week. They sold out within a few hours for the Destiny, but will have stock at a mark up of around $220 as their preorder price was $206.

Yeah my hobby shop had the red frame. I was as surprised as you, since bandai haven't announced if it's a tamashii exclusive or not. I'm sure they have the right channels as they have always delivered on any and everything they put out for preorder. Never missed a beat, so I'm sure they've already secured allocations of the red frame. The Strike Freedom preorder sold out in less than an hour, but i managed to snag one. Seems like the red frame is going a little slower.

That shop is crazy good at getting exclusives too. One of the guys said they are getting a ton of Metal Build Destiny units during the tamashii nations event next week. They sold out within a few hours for the Destiny, but will have stock at a mark up of around $220 as their preorder price was $206.

Are you located in Tokyo?

It's confirmed to be a regular release.

I screencap'd the photo from the monthly Tamashii e-newsletter.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's why I just got it out of the way to begin with :lol:

i kept looking back at the posts where you and F360 ordered another and kept telling myself don't do it :D

now, the 4g with the low sticker price... the heine and red frame. its awesome and killing at the same time

So Red Frame is on pre-order Thursday but the Destiny is somewhere on 30 October to 1 November?

Strange way of doing it... :blink::wacko:

Would have thought both would be on at the same time or it'd be spaced out differently...

The Destiny MB is really ambiguous...

No, the Destiny will be available at the Tamashii Nations event @Akiba during that period.

It will be put up on the Tamashii web-store at a later date for pre-orders :)

I seem to always miss HLJ for these, so I think I will take a first/best come approach on this release. I think it's the fact that they open up late on a random day is why I always tend to miss HLJ though I would prefer to get mine there.

Edited by Loop

Can't wait for both of these. So awesome - especially the Destiny Heine custom.

Not sure if I would go with FromJapan or NY for the Destiny. FJ - pay up front, but no mark up (besides the FJ fees), and actual EMS rates. NY - pay later, but marked up price, and higher than normal EMS rates.

New special Tamashii web-page for Red Frame: http://tamashii.jp/special/metalbuild/astray/red/

Strike Freedom available on HLJ: http://www.hlj.com/product/BANN01279/Gun

HS listing is up: opens as per usual 16:00 JST

Red Frame: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10355217

Flight Unit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10355302

Edited by joppewo