Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

hmm.. haven't had any problems with my sets.. but damn that is kind of abnormal..you can't turn it at all to the other way.. sometimes it just needs a little force, but not too much.. I know mine was stiff as heck..

I used a considerable amount of force to try to turn it the correct direction. :angry:

On mine you can just pull the landing gear out of grey cylinder, it may have been put in backwards, as after i popped mine out I noticed you can put it in wrong and the landing gear will look like yours does.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't want to take this thing apart right away.

I sold my YF-19 because I just wasn't satisfied with the gappy fighter mode (shoulders wouldn't sit flush, wings didn't stay in place well) and loosey goosey battroid mode (torso didn't lock in place). Maybe they'll make a 2.0 someday.

The VF-0 is just further down my list. I might pick one up eventually.

So Wicked did you get it fixed?

Just as valk1j and you stated, the gear does pull away from the gray part; however, the gear must be rotated to pull free. The lock mechanism only allows for one-way rotation, thus you get this in gear-up position without taking apart the leg and flipping the gray piece around:

post-1617-1261634570_thumb.jpg

The bay door does close completely and the gear/wheel has the proper orientation in gear-down position.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Agree, i'm going to paint mine 'gunpod black', green is dumb, just like good.

My only nitpick is that the front part of the heatsheild on my 11B is a little loose for my liking (am I the only one?), i need to clamp both together with my tounge the right way and slide back the escape pod/lowering mechanism foward to make it hold, and it does, i've got patience, not like some who chuck their 21 against the wall, wank.

I think i'll add a little more thickness (like a dab of glue) to the tabs later on.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Agree, i'm going to paint mine 'gunpod black', green is dumb, just like good.

My only nitpick is that the front part of the heatsheild on my 11B is a little loose for my liking (am I the only one?), i need to clamp both together with my tounge the right way and slide back the escape pod/lowering mechanism foward to make it hold, and it does, i've got patience, not like some who chuck their 21 against the wall, wank.

I think i'll add a little more thickness (like a dab of glue) to the tabs later on.

I've got the opposite problem. Mine's really hard to lock into place. I use a pair of tweezers to get a good grip on it so that the lock engages. Honestly, I'm contemplating taking apart the nose to get at the locks and sanding them down a tiny bit, just so the lock engages easier.

Getting the lower half of the canopy shield to stay up is the longest part of the transformation for me. Once I get it, it holds until I accidentally put my thumb on the shield when playing with. . . I mean displaying. . . it.

Hey the details on the vertical stabilizer, is a custom waterslide decal, or is it a sticker that came with it? Looks great!

This is a waterslide decal set meant for the F-18 Hornet. About a year or so ago I grabbed several decal sets from a local hobby shop that went out of business.

p1010058e.jpg

p1010080n.jpg

Sunliners! I'll assume they were picked due to their colors?

Once again your knowledge of all things aircraft doesn't fail to amaze! I also have sets for VFA-94 and VFA-147 lying around. The orange one the VFA-81 decal set is the closest to the orange Yamato used.

edit: I do realize the CAG designation on the v-stab isn't correct for the Sunliners.

p1010079ha.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Technically, I think all "orange" squadrons use the same shade of orange (the Navy doesn't have room for too many colors on board), so it'd really just be variations in the decals.

VA-86 is another orange squadron if people are looking for similar markings---the Sidewinders have quite a cool tail logo, and are rather famous from being in "The Final Countdown".

post-16-1261980015_thumb.jpg

Technically, I think all "orange" squadrons use the same shade of orange (the Navy doesn't have room for too many colors on board), so it'd really just be variations in the decals.

VA-86 is another orange squadron if people are looking for similar markings---the Sidewinders have quite a cool tail logo, and are rather famous from being in "The Final Countdown".

That is cool. I definitely recommend the movie, "The Final Countdown" for those who have ever wondered what the outcome of a dogfight between an Tomcat and a Zero would be. :lol:

I have still not transformed my VF-11B...

Jesus.

I took it out of its' box months ago...and I attached the fast packs... I took a picture of Mikuru Asahina (revoltech) looking over the instructions while sticking her butt out really sassy like.

That is the extent of my play time with the VF-11B.

I just find the Yamato version 2.0 VF-1 to be far far more appealing... it's so play-friendly!

I can't believe I just wrote that about a Yammie - but really! It's true!!

I really need to transform my VF-11B...or do something with it...

I wish it was pink....

Pete

Jesus.

I took it out of its' box months ago...and I attached the fast packs... I took a picture of Mikuru Asahina (revoltech) looking over the instructions while sticking her butt out really sassy like.

I just find the Yamato version 2.0 VF-1 to be far far more appealing... it's so play-friendly!

I wish it was pink....

Pete

Meanwhile I just opened MINE and it is GREAT. You talk about play friendly? THIS valk, is either just as play friendly, if not MORE SO. It really is great man, I was shockingly astonished at how well it turned out. $%^&*(ing amazing is what this god damn thing is! The only thing I don't like is that the lower heat shield is hard to lock into place because the upper lip of the shield is very small and I have HUGE fingers.

I actually find it to be more durable than the V2 VF-1(not to say the V2 isn't durable, IT IS, but the VF-11 feels more sturdy, and the V2 VF-1 is sturdy as is!).

EDIT also the tip Ghostkiller mentioned about pulling the tailfins out until you hear a click so that the fins look bigger? It's actually in the instructions! Page 21, images 2-3, and YES the fins don't look that small when fully extended!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

You know...what I really need to get my hands on are some goddam stands for all my Yammies... ever since my Gundam MGs got Gunpla stands - they've reall been happier. It lets them really flex their joints and do a lot of cool posing.

My poor Yamato toys are pissed. In plane mode, their awesome streamlined undercarriage is invisible. In Gerwalk mode all they can do is look gerwalky and in Battroid mode they can't hover...

Must finally get around to getting stands...

aaaaaaarrgh! Sooo much to do!

I need to hire people to help me play with my toys. Seriously. I wish I had a harem of girls whose only role in life would be to help build dioramas, pose stuff, transform stuff and generally help out with the collection...

There's sooooooo much work to all this fun!

Pete

who still hasn't transformed his VF-11B... will get around to it...eventually...honest...

I need to hire people to help me play with my toys. Seriously.

If there wasn't an ocean separating us, I'd be more than happy to help you out here.

I wish I had a harem of girls whose only role in life would be to help build dioramas, pose stuff, transform stuff and generally help out with the collection...

You just blew my mind *starts clapping*

wtf man, amazing, gerwalk and battroid kick ass on the 11!!! I find the 11 to be extremely easy to change modes, no instruction books needed, that's half the fun!

Jesus.

I wish it was pink....

Pete

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

A little Photoshop fun today. :)

Click for high-res.

4228138697_5fca718f78_b.jpg

So nice! How do you get the extraction so clean? I always have stuff to clean up with the brush.... I sometimes think it's because my background has shade on it...but technically this shouldn't be a problem...should it??

Pete