The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

SO COOL!!!

must get one of these, I hope it takes a while to come out though since I've already got all my spending planed out for the next 3 months. I'm also liking the EX-Gear.

looks great... just about the same size of the 1/60 DX 25s in B-mode...

all this coverage of the tamashii nation 2009 is really awesome... from the DX Macross stuff to everything else! Bandai's looking to break the wallets/banks of many a toy collector this year!

n079.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Disgustingly beautiful.

I just wonder where I'll make space to put it. I only Just got a new set of shelves and I have limited amounts of wall space. I don't know if I can fit another set in around my apartmnent, but with all the upcoming DX's I may have... urgh...

Nice, very nice. I think Bandai isn't posing the Quarter holding up the gun and flight deck because it would be hard to keep the toy balanced. I wouldn't want the Quarter taking a nosedive off the display and taking out the rest of the valks. I also like the size of the Quarter. Very impressive, I will have this Chogokin for sure.

looks great... just about the same size of the 1/60 DX 25s in B-mode...

all this coverage of the tamashii nation 2009 is really awesome... from the DX Macross stuff to everything else! Bandai's looking to break the wallets/banks of many a toy collector this year!

n079.jpg

This pic is so evil.

... I wouldn't want the Quarter taking a nosedive off the display and taking out the rest of the valks....

it's ok... its just Luca he's gonna be crashing into... :p

This pic is so evil.

yeah, money-sucking evil!

Edited by m0n5t3r

Nice, very nice. I think Bandai isn't posing the Quarter holding up the gun and flight deck because it would be hard to keep the toy balanced. I wouldn't want the Quarter taking a nosedive off the display and taking out the rest of the valks. I also like the size of the Quarter. Very impressive, I will have this Chogokin for sure.

Yeah, I doubt that thing could stand with the gun and flight deck lifted off the ground. This begs the question... Will they be including a stand? If there's anything that needed a stand, I think this thing surely qualifies.

Whoa I'm impressed with what I see! I'm glad its not too big so that the cost isn't too expensive. I don't usually buy the giant capitol ship figures from macross but this looks like it'll be easier to handle than the wave SDF-1

Regarding the issue of the cannon and flight deck - I think it's perfectly within the realm of reason that they will be light enough for the Quarter to hold straight out without its arms collapsing or without the whole unit pitching forward. If the Quarter is only slightly bigger than the DX that doesn't make the two pieces obscenely large or anything, and they're probably made entirely of plastic. I've got other robots this size or bigger that have really large guns and swords and they can hold them just fine. Also the Quarter has those thick legs, big feet and attachments on its back which will help with balance.

I guess you would have to take it apart and put some really heavy lead weights into the feet to make it stable with arms stretched out.

Maybe even put some in the rear booms to shift the COG further back.

Wow, that's a rather extreme assumption considering all the things we don't know about the toy. We don't know how heavy or lightweight the cannon and flight deck are, we don't know how strong the elbow joints are or if they have ratchets in them (judging by the pronounced ratchet joints on the shoulders it seems obvious that Bandai is taking measures to maintain joint integrity), we don't know how heavy the torso and legs of the Quarter are. It's in the DX line so there may be enough diecast in the torso and legs to keep it from tipping forward.

Overall there doesn't seem to be anything to panic about. Even if that prototype can't hold up the cannon and flight deck that basically means nothing because prototype are almost always fragile and made from different materials than the final copy would be.

If you look at the bottom back of the Flight Deck and the Gun it looks like they have extra attachment points that connect to the fore arms so this toy looks like it was meant to be able to hold them posed in the air. That or the hands can't hold the weight at all. Stability wise I think your always going to have to have one of these on the ground to keep it balanced (unless they provide a stand) as it's just going to put the center of gravity to far off. Definitely going on my must have list.

Edited by logos

Regarding the issue of the cannon and flight deck - I think it's perfectly within the realm of reason that they will be light enough for the Quarter to hold straight out without its arms collapsing or without the whole unit pitching forward. If the Quarter is only slightly bigger than the DX that doesn't make the two pieces obscenely large or anything, and they're probably made entirely of plastic. I've got other robots this size or bigger that have really large guns and swords and they can hold them just fine. Also the Quarter has those thick legs, big feet and attachments on its back which will help with balance.

If you look at the close up pics,the shoulder joints are sagging even with the gun and flightdeck touching the ground.

If you look at the close up pics,the shoulder joints are sagging even with the gun and flightdeck touching the ground.

Overall there doesn't seem to be anything to panic about. Even if that prototype can't hold up the cannon and flight deck that basically means nothing because prototype are almost always fragile and made from different materials than the final copy would be.

:mellow:

:mellow:

eriku Please keep posting or i will have to stay away from this tread all together.

and I'm loving the pics of the fully painted Quarter.

Mine too.

I don't care much for the 25's, but the Quarter is a fine looking toy, not to mention is a beautiful design. The super-dimensional-hands-holding-the-gun thing is a bit cheesy for my tastes, but I think I'd keep it displayed it in Ship Mode anyway.

Ah, that's what's wrong when I saw the Quarter.

Me too; I prefer the old SDF to fire through the shoulders.

Yeah, even in the first unpainted pic the shoulders weren't giving me a good vibe. Hoping they reinforce the sh*t out of them.

As for weighting it, I don't see at all how that is extreme.

Edited by Chewie

... I can't wait. At this rate, by the time its 2012, the latest macross series will feature capital ships that shoot from between the legs.

2012: Get ready for... Macross: Gattai!

On a more related note, Macross capital ships just don't appeal to me--- there is not much transformation going on so the ship mode just looks like the robot mode flying on it's belly.

Edited by edwin3060

You want the transformation sequence to be MORE complicated?

I don't think that would bode well against a fleet of Varuta or rogue Zentradi warships.

You want the transformation sequence to be MORE complicated?

I don't think that would bode well against a fleet of Varuta or rogue Zentradi warships.

No-- I'm just saying that, compared to the valkyries in the show, which look good in both fighter and battroid modes (i.e. the fighter looks like an aircraft, and the battroid looks like, well, a robot), the capital ships just don't give me that sense of awesome, since the assault mode looks like a robot and the ship mode looks like a robot on it's stomach. Purely a personal opinion. ^_^

I get kinda the opposite impression. The Macross itself looks like a space ship to me, in "robot" or "ship" mode. The "head" never looks like a head, it's a command tower. "robot" mode just looks like a ship with a vaguely humanoid shape. If anything, it looks like a ship stood up on its engines.

The same goes for Battle 7 and Battle Frontier, though the change is a lot more emphasized between the two modes. Ship mode looks like an aircraft carrier in space. "Robot" mode looks somewhat more robot like than the original Macross, but still looks more like a fortress to me.

The Quarter is the first Macross I've seen that looks more robot like in robot mode. The bridge tower looks much more like a head. The arms and legs seem to have a lot more articulation, and it uses that articulation. Take off the main gun and the flight deck and it looks even more like a robot. In this case I would agree that the ship mode looks more like robot mode on its belly, much more-so than any previous Macross.

I dunno. I really like the Macross capital ships, though, transforming or not.

I get kinda the opposite impression. The Macross itself looks like a space ship to me, in "robot" or "ship" mode. The "head" never looks like a head, it's a command tower. "robot" mode just looks like a ship with a vaguely humanoid shape. If anything, it looks like a ship stood up on its engines.

The same goes for Battle 7 and Battle Frontier, though the change is a lot more emphasized between the two modes. Ship mode looks like an aircraft carrier in space. "Robot" mode looks somewhat more robot like than the original Macross, but still looks more like a fortress to me.

The Quarter is the first Macross I've seen that looks more robot like in robot mode. The bridge tower looks much more like a head. The arms and legs seem to have a lot more articulation, and it uses that articulation. Take off the main gun and the flight deck and it looks even more like a robot. In this case I would agree that the ship mode looks more like robot mode on its belly, much more-so than any previous Macross.

I dunno. I really like the Macross capital ships, though, transforming or not.

Haha this is the vase or two faces kind of thing I guess. I agree that the Battle 7/ Battle frontier look alot more like aircraft carriers from the front, probably because of the 'deck', and I like their designs more because of that. The SDFM and Quarter, on the other hand, just don't do it for me. I hope Bandai eventually does a DX Battle Frontier!