Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

What I remember from the line-art was that the nose was indeed longer in fighter mode, but it magically shrunk quite a bit in Battroid mode.

I don't know how all you unhappy people expect a physical representation of the VF-1D to somehow incorporate the anime magic that was clearly present in the series.

If they made the nose longer for fighter mode...then the "the Battroid nose it to long!" crowd would be chanting.

It's true that the VF-1 uses anime magic to shorten the nosecone in battroid, and that's true for all the VF-1's, including the 1D. The 1D's nose isn't any longer than the others', though, unless you count the back of the fuselage, which is a bit longer. But that's why the chest of the 1D doesn't have a "collar". So the longer canopy and fuselage won't make the nosecone hang down any further in battroid--it just sets higher.

The canopy doesn't magically shorten in Battroid. The chestplate is straight at the top to compensate in hiding the rest of the canopy. Those guys were pure genius... there's still a bit of anime magic but some stuff they thought of were just incredible.

The canopy doesn't magically shorten in Battroid. The chestplate is straight at the top to compensate in hiding the rest of the canopy. Those guys were pure genius... there's still a bit of anime magic but some stuff they thought of were just incredible.

Right on!!!

And since the chestplate is straight at the top there is still more room to make the canopy longer. With all it's flaws, the v1 1/60 VF-1D did quite alright with the canopy.

I studied the pics and the v2 1/60 VF-1D canopy IS longer than the VF-1S but not by much. 3 more millimeters is what it needs ;)

Right on!!!

And since the chestplate is straight at the top there is still more room to make the canopy longer.

The 1/60 2.0 A/S/J has the canopy extending above the V on the neck to allow for a shorter nose area in Battroid mode.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/V...Review/b-13.JPG

If you filled in that V up like on the 1D the canopy/nose piece will still sit where it is on the A/S/J. Because the nose cannot slide up any higher. Where it is right now is where it would be on the 1D since it does not go past the flat chest plate.

Which means that the 1/60 2.0 1D nose will have to be exactly the same as the others.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Yeah, that's why it was said previously that the 2.0s were designed with the 2 seaters in mind. It's the reason for the ugly fuselage sticking out at the top. The fuselage/nosecone itself doesn't get longer in the lneart, just the cockpit. Giving it 2 seats makes the glass go back further, but the length of the fuselage itself does not change. So really the VF-1D is correct and it's the 1 seaters that are all incorrect... haha.

The 1/60 2.0 A/S/J has the canopy extending above the V on the neck to allow for a shorter nose area in Battroid mode.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/V...Review/b-13.JPG

If you filled in that V up like on the 1D the canopy/nose piece will still sit where it is on the A/S/J. Because the nose cannot slide up any higher. Where it is right now is where it would be on the 1D since it does not go past the flat chest plate.

Which means that the 1/60 2.0 1D nose will have to be exactly the same as the others.

You're right, how could I missed that <_<

There's no way to extend the hinge of the canopy further back. The flat chesplate only covers the back of the fuselage :(

Yeah, that's why it was said previously that the 2.0s were designed with the 2 seaters in mind. It's the reason for the ugly fuselage sticking out at the top. The fuselage/nosecone itself doesn't get longer in the lneart, just the cockpit. Giving it 2 seats makes the glass go back further, but the length of the fuselage itself does not change. So really the VF-1D is correct and it's the 1 seaters that are all incorrect... haha.

I'm not a fan of the visible fuselage back at all. I would have gladly taken a slightly longer nose hanging down in Battroid mode then that part sticking out the top.

If yamato would have left that feature out of the A/S/J and had it only slide up on the 1D, it all would have been golden IMO.

I'm not a fan of the visible fuselage back at all. I would have gladly taken a slightly longer nose hanging down in Battroid mode then that part sticking out the top.

If yamato would have left that feature out of the A/S/J and had it only slide up on the 1D, it all would have been golden IMO.

You're right, but I think Yamato's goal for the new 1/60 was to have a better balance in appearance in all 3 modes. The fact of the matter is that no matter what Yamato does, not everyone will be happy with their decisions. I think they did what they thought would make the majority happy.

I can't speak for everyone else, but they damn sure made me happy. ^_^

-Kyp

but then we would have had the people complaining about the fact they didnt fix the nosecone on this like in the 1/48. The fact is the nosecone doesn't need to hang down... they really needed to just chop down the back of the fuselage on the one seaters. Honestly though sometimes I can't tell between this and the 1/48s until I start looking for the fugly priest collars and the double jointed elbows.

but then we would have had the people complaining about the fact they didnt fix the nosecone on this like in the 1/48. The fact is the nosecone doesn't need to hang down... they really needed to just chop down the back of the fuselage on the one seaters. Honestly though sometimes I can't tell between this and the 1/48s until I start looking for the fugly priest collars and the double jointed elbows.

priest collars FTW :lol:

Those don't have long canopies, so they'll be okay. If you look really closely, the VT and VE canopies are just slightly longer and extend forward just a bit (up to the black circle around the nose).

Not true. The canopy is elongated just not as much as the VF-1D and it extends backwards not forwards.

Not true. The canopy is elongated just not as much as the VF-1D and it extends backwards not forwards.

Here's what I'm going off of (from Macross Mecha Manual):

vf-1a-dyrl-hikaru-fighter.gif

vt-1-fighter.gif

vf-1d-fighter.gif

So...what do you think? It really looks to me like the canopy is slightly, slightly extended in the front but not in the back. Maybe there is some other line art that shows differently?

Edit: added picture of VF-1D at bottom.

Edited by danth

Maybe someone ought to post a similar pic if they have one, of the VF-1D. Just so we don't get (more) people confusing it with the VT-1, due to its colour scheme. It would also show how radically different the canopy is.

EDIT -- I'll just do it myself. A bit small though:

post-1318-1219725699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

Maybe someone ought to post a similar pic if they have one, of the VF-1D. Just so we don't get (more) people confusing it with the VT-1, due to its colour scheme. It would also show how radically different the canopy is.

Meh...so they made the canopy look more like the VT-1's canopy instead of the 1D. While a correct canopy would be nice, I'll still get the 1D since I don't have an extra 1/48 to buy a conversion kit and I never bought the v.1

Here's a picture of the original v.1 1/60 VF-1D I grabbed from vf-1d review (japanese) It even appears to be off from the line art.

post-1545-1219730176_thumb.jpg

Side by side comparison:

vf-1d-faita-.jpgmed_gallery_4840_96_373985.jpg

Edited by jodokast

From Yamato Mag...

med_gallery_4840_96_38803.jpg

Doood screw the Vf-1's for now(prepared to take evasive action.) Whats with that VF-9 Valk.....wtf??wow!!!anyone??is there a thread for this..look at that gerwalkmode...!!!

Edited by orguss01

Here's what I'm going off of (from Macross Mecha Manual):

vf-1a-dyrl-hikaru-fighter.gif

vt-1-fighter.gif

vf-1d-fighter.gif

So...what do you think? It really looks to me like the canopy is slightly, slightly extended in the front but not in the back. Maybe there is some other line art that shows differently?

Edit: added picture of VF-1D at bottom.

There is. It's a perfect side profile that clearly shows the size and shape of the canopy. This lineart is what I´m basing my 1/48 Ostrich from. I scaled up the drawing to match the Yamato 1/48 and demonstrates that there is a seperation between the black nose band and the canopy frame. I´ll have to upload it when I get home, I´m Mexico for the next two weeks.

I looked at all the lineart available and found that these particular angles are a bit ambigous because they change in size and dimensions a bit too much to begin construction from.

Well I see it like this:

this is similar to 1/48 VF-1A cannon fodder not having the proper tv head, but having the DYRL head.

So you guys got used to it and now yamato thinks most people won't care..TV series gets the shaft once again.

yah, with NMB4M letting us know about double jointed elbows, i probably will just get 1 of these now, and keep the 1/48 in fighter/battroid mode. :D

looking at the canopy again i think it's cheap. Good, saved myself some more money, especially if i need to custom paint the 1D from angel bird scheme. >_<

The VT-1 1/60 v.2 should be easier to swallow, being more bubble than the 1D. Should suit yamato fine. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

As for me I am probably one of the rarer Macross fans who loves the VF-1D, I actually like it better than the VT-1. But as far modernizing it for the sake of Yamato to speed up production or what not, that's kinda weak. If your going to make a certain Valkyrie, then make it the way it was originally designed. And speaking of better or other scans, when you can not find them, go to the source... your DVD's. The other pic is of Hasegawa's 1/72 model version of the VF-1D and that's what it should look like.

Just a shame they'll never do a 1/48 and this is apparently what the new 1/60 v.2 is gonna look like. But then again, its just my opinion..... <_<

post-6180-1220024299_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1220024336_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1220024368_thumb.jpg

Meh...so they made the canopy look more like the VT-1's canopy instead of the 1D. While a correct canopy would be nice, I'll still get the 1D since I don't have an extra 1/48 to buy a conversion kit and I never bought the v.1

Here's a picture of the original v.1 1/60 VF-1D I grabbed from vf-1d review (japanese) It even appears to be off from the line art.

post-1545-1219730176_thumb.jpg

Side by side comparison:

vf-1d-faita-.jpgmed_gallery_4840_96_373985.jpg

The heasheild was a part swap. The v.2's will be working mechanisms. Hence the reason for the VT-1'ish canopy instead of the longer, straighter yamato'd one we are getting.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 5 weeks later...

I took a v1 1/60 and made it into a vf-1d long before yamato made a 1d and in all my research hasegawa got it right with their version of the 1d where the vf is the same size as any other. The difference being that the cockpit extends further into the body than the other vf's to accomodate an additional seat. If the 1d had a longer fuseloge the 1d would be taller than the other vf's and its not! Now for yamato to make the new 1/60 v2 PT I can see where they would have to make a compromise and squeeze the second pilot into the standard frame so they could keep the hidden canopy cover gimmick. Sucks they had to make that compromise but anime magic is really to blame... On the version 1 yamato could have done it because those use parts swaping and are not PT they just went with what was economical and used the same molds and just changed the fuseloge to accomodate two pilots. I was really hoping that they would make a correct version but alas they cheated just like they are on the v2 1/60. At least I have my custom!

I will have to dig up some pics of it if any one wants to see it.

Edited by Spiff

heh heh got a new mag? :p

Actually, no. not yet. I literally only have a hunch, no inside information...

Your "hunch" sounds like an interesting one, i look forward to hearing more about it. :p

Sorry if I sounded like I knew something. I do not. But I feel something and that is the hunch. Sorry to let you guys down.

I am hoping that charger69 may pull some of his magic for us though.

Sorry if I sounded like I knew something. I do not. But I feel something and that is the hunch. Sorry to let you guys down.

No troubles Miriya, Either way any info is good stuff!!! B))

you lied to us through song!

I hope Yamato get that shoulder issue fix on this VF-1D!?

I haven't purchased a VF-1 1/60 v.2 yet, so I am out of the loop a bit... Are we having the VF-0 effect again!!??

Come on Yamato get this VF-1D right, No more SNAFU's!!! <_<