Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

They came with the Yamato 1/48 GBP, they detachable parts I found kind of annoying that you would slide into the side of the Battroid so it didn't have a big gap when viewed from the side. It does make the battroid look a lot better.

They are still cheating. Pass....

Still no change, still no buy. :( The nose/canopy just suck IMO. Here's hoping for change that people are thinking may be comming.

Same here. I was excited as hell about the two seaters. But this is extremely disappointing. Looks like I'll be saving money.

• 2 months later...

Anyone find out what exactly is going to be included in the Super parts package for the D (if there is one)? I think I will hold off on ordering and order both together to save on shipping but I am wondering if it is going to be worth it or not?

The D is my favorite version. I just love that head! :lol:

Edited by logos

I love this thread. It's like a perfect narrative of Macrossworld.

1) A new upcoming product gets posted or speculated

2) Speculations run rampant between it being the best new product in the world, or the worst

3) Speculations reach a climax before pictures are released, with insane claims being made (it's going to be pink, it's going to come with a 1/1 Minmay, etc. etc.)

3a) Someone bashes Robotech

4) Pictures are released, everyone goes nuts proclaiming it the best sculpt of the subject ever seen, saying that they will DEFINITELY buy 10+ pieces, no matter the cost

4a) Someone bashes Robotech

5) Slowly doubts begin to creep in when someone mentions ONE slight difference between the lineart and the actual sclupt

5a) People are extremely angry that it wasn't pink, or it's not coming with a 1/1 Minmay, etc. etc.

6) Within a week of the pictures being released, it has now become the worst representation of the subject ever seen, and no one is going to buy any more than one "just to have it".

7) Someone says "it's going to break just like everything else from Brand Y does."

7a) Someone bashes Robotech

8) Product is released, and process begins again with next product.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

You forgot:

8b) Everybody begs for a review

8c) Someone posts a review

8d) Robotech bashing

8e) Further discussion and bashing of toy, with a few praises

before

8f) process begins again with next product.

Good point :lol:

Vostok 7

You forgot:

8b) Everybody begs for a review

8c) Someone posts a review

8d) Robotech bashing

8e) Further discussion and bashing of toy, with a few praises

before

8f) process begins again with next product.

at least we no longer have:

9) someone laments that Bandai won't use "perfect grade technology" to finally make a durable and 100% anime accurate in all modes version.

at least we no longer have:

9) someone laments that Bandai won't use "perfect grade technology" to finally make a durable and 100% anime accurate in all modes version.

Yes, that dream has been thoroughly shattered!!!! Or was it manifested? :lol:

I love this thread. It's like a perfect narrative of Macrossworld.

1) A new upcoming product gets posted or speculated

2) Speculations run rampant between it being the best new product in the world, or the worst

3) Speculations reach a climax before pictures are released, with insane claims being made (it's going to be pink, it's going to come with a 1/1 Minmay, etc. etc.)

3a) Someone bashes Robotech

4) Pictures are released, everyone goes nuts proclaiming it the best sculpt of the subject ever seen, saying that they will DEFINITELY buy 10+ pieces, no matter the cost

4a) Someone bashes Robotech

5) Slowly doubts begin to creep in when someone mentions ONE slight difference between the lineart and the actual sclupt

5a) People are extremely angry that it wasn't pink, or it's not coming with a 1/1 Minmay, etc. etc.

6) Within a week of the pictures being released, it has now become the worst representation of the subject ever seen, and no one is going to buy any more than one "just to have it".

7) Someone says "it's going to break just like everything else from Brand Y does."

7a) Someone bashes Robotech

8) Product is released, and process begins again with next product.

Vostok 7

That's the best laugh I've had all day! "Someone bashes Robotech" :lol:

Seriously though I am peeved about the should problems with the 1/60 v2s but I am still going to buy a couple more (not of the same model I figure an A, S & D and i'll be satisfied) now that I have a good idea of what caused it and how to avoid the problem in the future. I mean what toy dosen't have problems? Now I just have to wait for those replacement shoulders from overdrive (I they ever get back to me about them) and I will soooo be ordering the VF-1D next.

Now only if Yamato made the VF-0D........... :D........oh and a new 1/60 Elint.... :blink: .....looks like I'll be eating Ichiban and Kraft dinner for the next few months (damn Destroids!).

Edited by logos

That's the best laugh I've had all day! "Someone bashes Robotech" :lol:

Seriously though I am peeved about the should problems with the 1/60 v2s but I am still going to buy a couple more (not of the same model I figure an A, S & D and i'll be satisfied) now that I have a good idea of what caused it and how to avoid the problem in the future. I mean what toy dosen't have problems? Now I just have to wait for those replacement shoulders from overdrive (I they ever get back to me about them) and I will soooo be ordering the VF-1D next.

Now only if Yamato made the VF-0D........... :D........oh and a new 1/60 Elint.... :blink: .....looks like I'll be eating Ichiban and Kraft dinner for the next few months (damn Destroids!).

VF-0D for sure! I have no idea why they didn't make it after the VF-0A and S. Perhaps Graham could shed some light on the issue? There is at least 30%-50% commonality of parts with the A and S so many of the moulds could be reused after all.

VF-0D for sure! I have no idea why they didn't make it after the VF-0A and S. Perhaps Graham could shed some light on the issue? There is at least 30%-50% commonality of parts with the A and S so many of the moulds could be reused after all.

For all we know, they might be working on it... But it has been a LONG time. I just hope they do get done. There is a lot of re-engineering with the -0D and -0B, redesigning the whole cockpit for two seats and making sure it looks good doesn't come easy. I hope they do it though.

Vostok 7

Yeah it's not like the VF-1 where all they probably had to change was

- the cockpit section

- head

- and maybe a few other components like the heat shield.

The VF-0D would require:

- new cockpit

- tail fins on the leg

- canards

- wings

- I imagine there might be a body re-sculpt change for the wings and longer cockpit.

- new heat shield.)

- about the only theing they could probably reuse is the arms and the head

On second thought I can see exactly why Yamato is not making a VF-0D. It would probably be as expensive as the VF-11B or the YF-21... :mellow:

If I can't force myself to spend $200+ on a YF-21 (plus shipping :( ) I won't for a VF-0D, even though I really want to.

Also where the hell do those wings go on the D in battroid mode? Is it some kind of fancy fold up or something?

Edited by logos

Yeah it's not like the VF-1 where all they probably had to change was

- the cockpit section

- head

- and maybe a few components

The VF-0D would require:

- new cockpit

- tail fins on the leg

- canards

- wings

- I imagine there might be a body re-sculpt change for the wings and longer cockpit.

- new heat shield.

- new head?? (can't remember)

- about the only theing they could probably reuse is the arms....

On second thought I can see exactly why Yamato is not making a VF-0D. It would probably be as expensive as the VF-11B or the YF-21... :mellow:

If I can't force myself to spend $200+ on a YF-21 (plus shipping :( ) I won't for a VF-0D, even though I really want to.

The front fuselage, as well as heatshield would be one major component change as well as the wings. However, only the bottom of the legs would have to be changed for tail fins, the intakes are fine, and it's a minor change at that. The backpack/rocket pack wouldn't need to be changed at all-- they can just remove the tail fins as the stubs are present on the VF-0D. Also, if the VF-1D didn't require the body resculpt, the VF-0D won't either. The head is the same as the VF-0A as well. Finally, even if the changes are more extensive and it costs as much as a VF-11B or YF-21, the demand for a VF-0D should be huge! It's about the only purpose designed, combat operational, twin seater VF out there. It's unique out of all the other twin seater VFs, most of which are either trainer-designated or ELINT. Also, just think about the VF-0C-- same front fuselage as the VF-0A! The VF-0D front fuselage could likely be used for the VF-0B as well. It's a veritable mix and match!

Yeah but what about those "canards" on the forward part of the the "legs"? And I would still like to see how that longer cockpit snugs in for battroid mode. I imagine it's going to be hanging low down there (not that it really matters as it's all about the fighter mode on this one for me).

Anyway your probably right but I think there will have to be some changes made to the legs for sure. That and I don't know how they are going to work a larger heat shield in properly.

Edited by logos

The front fuselage, as well as heatshield would be one major component change as well as the wings. However, only the bottom of the legs would have to be changed for tail fins, the intakes are fine, and it's a minor change at that. The backpack/rocket pack wouldn't need to be changed at all-- they can just remove the tail fins as the stubs are present on the VF-0D. Also, if the VF-1D didn't require the body resculpt, the VF-0D won't either. The head is the same as the VF-0A as well. Finally, even if the changes are more extensive and it costs as much as a VF-11B or YF-21, the demand for a VF-0D should be huge! It's about the only purpose designed, combat operational, twin seater VF out there. It's unique out of all the other twin seater VFs, most of which are either trainer-designated or ELINT. Also, just think about the VF-0C-- same front fuselage as the VF-0A! The VF-0D front fuselage could likely be used for the VF-0B as well. It's a veritable mix and match!

Once they have the forward fuselage and main fuselage designed for the -0D, making the -0B and -0C would be a cake walk, like you said.

That's three more Mac 0 Valks that I know would fly off the shelves (while they're at it, they should do a "real world color" SV-51a in a Flanker scheme). Yamato! Listen to our song! :lol:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Yeah but what about those "canards" on the forward part of the the "legs"? And I would still like to see how that longer cockpit snugs in for battroid mode. I imagine it's going to be hanging low down there (not that it really matters as it's all about the fighter mode on this one for me).

Anyway your probably right but I think there will have to be some changes made to the legs for sure. That and I don't know how they are going to work a larger heat shield in properly.

If yamato could make 2 seater VF-1s, they can make 2 seater VF-0s. The proportions will probably be sacrificed a little, like in the VF-1D, but hey, the VF-1D looks great, doesn't it? As will the VF-0D if it every comes out!

The VF-1D is far more complex than you guys might think. Even Yamato's attempt to make a great looking and true VF-1D toy has eluded them. It's not a simple change to a longer cockpit and viola you had a VF-1D, it really is much more involved than that.

The VF-0D on the other hand is pretty straight forward. The cockpit is made larger by opening it forward. Then the pilot gets is moved forward and a space is cleared a bit rearward, as well as extending the cockpit rearward. This is sufficient to make allow the both pilots to sit tandem and not look so crammed in the allowable space. The remainder of the changes are mostly add ons to make the VF-0D complete. The heatshield is extended via an additional plate attached to two pivot points on the lower (forward) end of the existing heatshield.

From what I have seen, Yamato misapplied their interpretation of the VF-1D. Everything they did with this V.2 should have been used to make the the VF-0D.

The VF-1D is far more complex than you guys might think. Even Yamato's attempt to make a great looking and true VF-1D toy has eluded them. It's not a simple change to a longer cockpit and viola you had a VF-1D, it really is much more involved than that.

The VF-0D on the other hand is pretty straight forward. The cockpit is made larger by opening it forward. Then the pilot gets is moved forward and a space is cleared a bit rearward, as well as extending the cockpit rearward. This is sufficient to make allow the both pilots to sit tandem and not look so crammed in the allowable space. The remainder of the changes are mostly add ons to make the VF-0D complete. The heatshield is extended via an additional plate attached to two pivot points on the lower (forward) end of the existing heatshield.

From what I have seen, Yamato misapplied their interpretation of the VF-1D. Everything they did with this V.2 should have been used to make the the VF-0D.

Someone who thinks like I do!!

• 2 weeks later...
...thought i'd bump this up since it's now Feb. and the VF-1D is just around the corner... ^_^

can't wait (starting to go into valk withdrawal syndrome again and needing a new valk fix :wacko: )... :)

This is the first 1/60 2.0 that I have considered investing in. I was determined not to repeat myself with collecting these things, but gosh... it's my favourite Macross valkyrie. And it comes with a squishable Minmay! Can it get any better than that?

This is the first 1/60 2.0 that I have considered investing in. I was determined not to repeat myself with collecting these things, but gosh... it's my favourite Macross valkyrie. And it comes with a squishable Minmay! Can it get any better than that?

besides the sample shots, no yamato official pic (website) is showing the hikaru and minmey figures anymore!!!

are they really going to include them? I am already looking every corner for the VF-1D, despite the cockpit cheat...