Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

On HLJ.com, they've got a pic of the 1/60 VF-1D in fighter mode. It's in part 2 of their wonderfest coverage. Just a heads up. ;)

I just noticed it says that it will come with Hikaru and Minmay figures to put in the pilot seats.

Edited by Sumdumgai

On HLJ.com, they've got a pic of the 1/60 VF-1D in fighter mode. It's in part 2 of their wonderfest coverage. Just a heads up. ;)

I just noticed it says that it will come with Hikaru and Minmay figures to put in the pilot seats.

;)

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/wonfest/...C_3463.jpg.html

DSC_3463.jpg

Minmay looks so mega cute! Gotta see her ace up close. Same as Hiks.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The canopy...to me...looks more VT-1 than VF-1D....or a cross between the 2. Still hard to tell from that angle though. but I was hoping for the nice long VF-1D canopy, never realy cared for the VT-1.

Chris

The canopy...to me...looks more VT-1 than VF-1D....or a cross between the 2. Still hard to tell from that angle though. but I was hoping for the nice long VF-1D canopy...

Exactly, that canopy would work better for the VT-1 or even VE-1, but not for the 1D.

If they only extended the fusealge back like 2mm it could still hide behind the chestplate in battroid mode. Then they could add that 2 mm to the canopy. That would make a huge difference to me.

Exactly, that canopy would work better for the VT-1 or even VE-1, but not for the 1D.

If they only extended the fusealge back like 2mm it could still hide behind the chestplate in battroid mode. Then they could add that 2 mm to the canopy. That would make a huge difference to me.

I think Swoosh's previous point was that even on the 1-seaters, the back of the removeable fuselage section is already as high as it can go in battroid mode. On the 1-seaters, it is exposed and is an eyesore, but on the 1D, it should be completely covered by the chest plate.

The only way to make a longer fuselage section work is to not push the nose up in battroid, which means the hip hatch would need to be moved up to line up with the swing bar. Which stinks, because the forward fuselage should be a different mold for the 2-seaters anyways, so these changes shouldn't be a big deal.

Edited by ghostryder

I think Swoosh's previous point was that even on the 1-seaters, the back of the removeable fuselage section is already as high as it can go in battroid mode. On the 1-seaters, it is exposed and is an eyesore, but on the 1D, it should be completely covered by the chest plate.

I dunno, I was looking at it last night and I think it could go up two more millimeters or so. But yeah, it's stupid the way the front fuselage is already pushed up so high on the one seaters, since it doesn't leave extra room for the 1D's bigger fuselage.

The canopy...to me...looks more VT-1 than VF-1D....or a cross between the 2. Still hard to tell from that angle though. but I was hoping for the nice long VF-1D canopy, never realy cared for the VT-1.

Chris

I already convinced myself that Yamato will use this canopy on all their two seaters. I'm just deciding if I can live with it or not.

Thanks for scans miriya!

Cool. Yeah. I like to be able to contribute something somwhat substantial every once and a while. Usually I just give my insane opinions. I dont have a scanner so these are just photos. I wish I had time to scan both issues I have of the Magazine and post it all here. It is pretty cool.

woohoo0000!

Thanks Miriya!!! you have officially made my day.

too bad they didn't colour up Minmay and Hik.

Cool. Yeah. I like to be able to contribute something somwhat substantial every once and a while. Usually I just give my insane opinions. I dont have a scanner so these are just photos. I wish I had time to scan both issues I have of the Magazine and post it all here. It is pretty cool.

Open up your own thread and dedicate it to all your scans! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie