Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

So am I to understand that the previous 1/60 2 seaters had many imperfections to their anime versions like the front end being too short and instead they just took the VF-1A, S and J molds and replace the cockpit?

... I'm too am keen in seeing pics ... Though this means the line up for the new 1/60 is thus far 1S Roy, 1A Hikaru, and now the 1D ... Hmmm WTF is the 1J?

Though I'm already hoping for a low vis or stealth 1J...

So am I to understand that the previous 1/60 2 seaters had many imperfections to their anime versions like the front end being too short and instead they just took the VF-1A, S and J molds and replace the cockpit?

The VF-1D has a new nose, canopy, chest plate, back panel and head from the rest of the VF series.

The VT-1 and VE-1 has different nose, canopy, chest plate, back panel, heads, vertical fins and pilots as compared to the VF-1D and VF-1.

Some of the dislikes were:

amputated pilot's legs,

having to remove parts for transformation,

legs falling off in fighter and GERWALK,

paint chipping,

holes in legs for mounting of fast packs,

little plastic disks to cover screw holes were ugly and fall out,

Landing gear not sculpted correctly,

Landing gear would not remain deployed,

Aft landing gear bay doors incorrect,

not having Hikaru and Minmay in the VF-1D,

not being able to remove the mounting arm for the radar on the VE-1,

Stickers too thick,

Not enough die-cast,

Too much die cast.

I'm sure I have missed some.

Edit: Forgot that the wings on the VT-1 and VE-1 are also different from the VF-1D and VF-1.

post-3784-1215877119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

The previous 1/60s were an ambitious attempt by Yamato to make a modern VF-1 toy. For its time, it was the most detailed VF-1 toy out.

What most fans did not like was the fact that transformation consisted of removing parts and swapping them. The amount of diecast was generous but ultimately led to the hip joints being worn down and becoming loose, as well as some cracks that could develop in the nose where the hips plugged in for battroid mode. Those were the main 2 reasons why fans were dissapointed with those toys.

The new one has transformation with no necessary removal of parts, a more accurate sculpt that rivals the 1/48, less diecast as to no wear the joints down, a more balanced look especially in battroid, and is an all new mold.

The new one has transformation with no necessary removal of parts, a more accurate sculpt that rivals the 1/48, less diecast as to no wear the joints down, a more balanced look especially in battroid, and is an all new mold.

I concur, doctor...

These new 1/60's come out in a week, and already, there's the VF-1S, VF-1A Hikaru, and previews of a VF-1D. I think I'm gonna cry. There's too many things to buy in such a short time span. I am definitely waiting on a 1d, no wait, I'm waiting on all of them. Goodbye retirement (j/k)

Mighta been dumb to announce the vf-1d before the vf-1s strike was released. I canceled my strike order, I'll wait for the D. Wonder how many others did the same? Of course, it's sorta illogical on my part 'cause we already knew two-seaters were coming, but psychology is funny that way...

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at how fast they're coming out with a two-seater.

But if you think about it, it makes sense. They're coming out with the 1D since they have that fuselage attachment gimmick, they knew that a lot of people would want to recreate that scene where Roy attaches the 1D fuselage to his arm in battroid mode. So I can see why they'd want to get the 1D out of the way now that the Roy 1S is coming out.

-Kyp

I am too excited about this!

I am checking this thread compulsively to see pics of prototypes or to find out release date.

I think that I am maybe even more excited about this release than the VF-25 release from Bandai (maybe tied).

So YAMATO, Please please PLEASE include Hikaru in his orange jumpsuit in the front seat, and minmei in her red dress in the back seat at least. As far as gimmicks that would be very very very cool! Then if there could be a second minmei that can hold on to the side of the fuselage with hair and dress blown back to recreate that epic scene that would be even more awesome too.

The generic pilots from the V.1 1/60 VF-1D were a bit of a let down. Although one of my favorite things about the V.1 1/60 Ostrich was the pilots with little minmei in orange flightsuit and cute little helmet. That was great.

So again the request here is PLEASE INCLUDE ANIME CORRECT HIKARU AND MINMEI IN THE COCKPIT!!!

Oh, and sideparts! The VF-1D is clearly shown with sideparts in SDFM.

Thank you yamato!

stop teasing, we all want one. INCLUDING ME! mu ahhah aha.

As cool as it would be, I just can't see Yamato doing it. Besides that, I'd like to see some 1/48's remain exclusive to the 1/48 line. I could 1/48 LV1 prices going through the roof if its not released in the v2 1/60.

Kinda selfish of the Ballchinian don't ya think?

<_<

OO

It would be nice if they made it more line art accurate.

Of course it would be nice if they hired NMB4M to consult on this and get the cockpit elevator thingy and all the othe nice features of the genius. I hope they do/did.

It would be nice if they made it more line art accurate.

Of course it would be nice if they hired NMB4M to consult on this and get the cockpit elevator thingy and all the othe nice features of the genius. I hope they do/did.

I'd rather just buy the kits (1/48's). imo yamato had their chance as far as i'm concerned.

But in the mean time i really do hope their 1/60 will look great in fighter mode, we already know battroid will kick arse.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Is the Kit confirmed definite? I am tempted to pick up an angel birds for it.

However, even if I do pick up a 1/48 angel birds, get the NMB4M kit, all the paint, decals, and do all the work, which would take me an eon, I would still want this V.2 1/60 version as well. The other route would be to see if Kurt or Jung could do the custom for me once I have the birds and the kit but that would run me a (well earned and worthy) pretty penny.

In any case I will be getting the v.2 1/60 VF-1D for instant gratification. It is going to be diorama time once these come in. I wonder if RON5864 will demolish one of the buildings in his macross city diorama for the VF-1D?

And in addition to that addition, as mentioned earlier....
Dude, at this point, I'll be happy if the new 1D has a longer canopy than the other new VF-1's. If they can make that happen, I could care less about gimmicks.

EDIT: Though I assume you're joking anyway.

Edited by danth

Dude, at this point, I'll be happy if the new 1D has a longer canopy than the other new VF-1's. If they can make that happen, I could care less about gimmicks.

EDIT: Though I assume you're joking anyway.

he wouldn't be joking, as he's posted this in another thread and i agreed with him. We want Minmay figs!!!!

I meant about the seats. They'd be crazy not to include a Minmay fig.

yeah, i have little to no hope of yamato including the 2 seaters, like what NMB4M is doing for the 1/48's. There is no love.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

he wouldn't be joking, as he's posted this in another thread and i agreed with him. We want Minmay figs!!!!

Totally not joking. Those two generic pilots in the first yamato VF-1D were pathetic.

Awesome montage!

Thanks. It took me ages to do that. I am glad it is appreciated.

What is the major difference between the old Yamato 1/60 VF-1D and the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1D?

The old yamato VF-1D was non-perfect-transformation (the legs had to be taken off and put back on), had lots of diecast ( a bit too much as the paint chipped off too easily and weighed down the toy making it hard to pose), it had a much less sophisticated sculpt, less articulation, two generic pilots that sucked, the hips/crotch area in battroid looked ugly, but it is still a cool toy.

Wow, it is the real old school anime in 1982!

Yes, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross from 1982! First two or three episodes IIRC.

Totally not joking. Those two generic pilots in the first yamato VF-1D were pathetic.

Ahh the days of disembowled pilots... :lol: I only got VT-1 v1 1/60, so i do know about it. Love for a flying/in battroid hand Minmay (not forged, that's what the articulated hand is for!), so easy for them to make it.

Personally, they should do the TV Roy 1S without FastPacks (or with i don't care) but with Roy TV suit, and an extra Misa figure to sit arms around on insterted pilot's lap.

That way it would make people buy the VF-1J to just have Hikaru TV suit. Why doesn't Yamato pay/reward us for ideas... we come up with all the good stuff. :rolleyes:^_^ Instead they make exclusives to piss everyone off.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie