Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

Some more stuff to counter the tech talk

Michel: Are you serious?

Sheryl: It's no use trying to stop me. My fever's already gone down and the sickness I had until yesterday seems almost like a lie.

Michel with a note of "I know that your illness was manufactured": Of course... By the way are you going to let Grace know?

Sheryl: If you rat me out I'll kill you. I've already prepared countermeasures for that eventuality. If you're still afraid, you can just wait. After learning in school I can fly it too.

Michel: Is that the obstinacy of a woman?

Sheryl: You know, I really hate not doing something when I have the ability to do it.

Michel: You aren't very obedient.

Sheryl: Silence. Let's go!

Michel: Not only Ranka-chan, but that guy only has stubborn women around him. (picture of Klan) Well, I guess I'm not one to talk. Hey Sheryl! Are you trying to wreck my plane?

later

Alto: That's why, please save Ranka!

Sheryl after her brief look of pain: Understood. We'll do it somehow. Stop him even it costs you your life. (referring to Purple 1)

So now we see that Ranka isn't only jail bait, but Vajra snack/vitamins as well :lol:

Recaping what we know so far on Ranka:

1) She was onboard the 117th Research Fleet, which of the WTF-1 seems the had been the flagship

2) The 117th RF was attacked by Vajra, and perhaps even had something to do with the Varja's very existence.

3) Ranka was saved by Ozma from the attack, apparently disobeying orders.

4) Ozma seems to know that Ranka is somehow related to late Dr. Mao Nome, and may even have know her.

5) Ranka is 1/4 Zentran.

6) Ranka carries an implanted super-dimension crystal inside her.

ZOMG!!! RANKA IS RIPLEY FROM ALIEN 4 and Weyland-Yutani wants her back!!! :o

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Atleast we know its another war ship. The ship that looks like the SDFS is called Global 04(for sure its named after Capt. Global)... and we confirmed that Brera is really connected to Ranka(if its her real name) and what is with those purple crystals... Sheryl said in episode 7 that the earing with the purple crystal is a remant of her mother, are those three connected?

:blink:

Grace is one scary bit*h and now we know she's behind all this WTF!!! Definitely she has some issues with Fronteir

DEFINELY THE NEXT EPISODE IS A MUST WAIT!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

so, did sheryl fake her illness by knowingly taking the magic pills? or was she taking them unwittingly and the note was meant to alert her about that? who could have written it? brera?

Grace was feeding them to her as medicine. Sheryl had no idea and just tossed it when Grace wasn't looking because they taste bad. Michel found it and noticed the 639 Witch Craft moniker on it so that he will likely provide some answers when the question of how this happened is asked. That is unless he decides he'd like some pineapple salad of course.

In fact, SDF-4 might have been just a cover. It may have been nothing more than a "paper" name.

So before people go running off with wild speculation, step back and just think about it. B))

still possible that there may have been a real ship before it was devoured from the inside and used as skin.

Some of you probably think Ranka has an alien inside her hmm? :rolleyes:

u see the vajra are a biological species that thrives on self-evolution.

u have the yellow hammerheads, red lobsters, and Queen Vajra. (actually IMO these look like beetles and seems like alot of japanese love to keep the huge ones as pets)

and Ranka is

the final step of vajra evolution

:ph34r:

mospeada? :ph34r: j/k :p

PS > HG can buy Frontier animation and butcher it again!! yuppie /sarcasm off :p

finally completed d/l of horribleRAWs... now i can re-watch for details :D

Edited by Shun

it seems grace and rankas "brother" are

cyborgs or at least partially mechanical if not all. That could mean that they could be ginea pigs for some sort of bio experiment. it could also explain why Grace could survive the planet's explosion if she possesses some special power we don't know of..(she receives communications without external devices) as in running so fast to a scape vessel of some sort (they have everything thought of in advance right?) Also could mean Ranka is a hybrid or experiment

since she was the "önly" known survivor from the attack.

I speculate that since the green thing managed to become Rankas friend that easily then it could mean she have some close connection to the Vajras. or that because having mixed genetic make up may be she has symbiotic powers with them beyond normal human voice.

OK I am taking a nap, looking to much into this...

Duke is correct this is turning into Lost meets battlestar Galactica meet aliens... but it's all fun

Something tells me Grace isn't human or a mere cyborg at all but an AI.

In Macross Plus people were fine with sentient AI but AI with illegal emotion chips were considered dangerous.

Grace doesn't care if you're human, Zentran or Vajra.

Something tells me Grace isn't human or a mere cyborg at all but an AI.

In Macross Plus people were fine with sentient AI but AI with illegal emotion chips were considered dangerous.

Grace doesn't care if you're human, Zentran or Vajra.

I already thought of the theory of

Grace being what is left of Sharon Apple

... ^_^

Btw...

What was the point of destroying Galia 4? The Vajra escaped in the end... Did Grace really want to destroy everything including the Vajra? Or was she trying to kill any witness so the Vajra could attack the Frontier fleet by surprise? Man, I really hate that bitch...

:angry:

Just hope we don't see her again...

I feel bad for the Zentradi of the 33th Naval/Marine fleet there. The Advisor got wasted, but I couldn't see Mayor Ogohtwhai. Maybe he was away?

:unsure:

*A minute of silence for the brave soldiers of the 33th... Salute!!!*

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I already thought of the theory of

Grace being what is left of Sharon Apple

... ^_^

Btw...

What was the point of destroying Galia 4? The Vajra escaped in the end... Did Grace really want to destroy everything including the Vajra? Or was she trying to kill any witness so the Vajra could attack the Frontier fleet by surprise? Man, I really hate that bitch...

I feel bad for the Zentradi of the 33th Naval/Marine fleet there. The Advisor got wasted, but I couldn't see Mayor Ogohtwhai. Maybe he was away?

:unsure:

*A minute of silence for the brave soldiers of the 33th... Salute!!!*

RIP

a new name in the ending credits : ランシェ・メイ (Ranshe Mei) not sure exactly who but probably the "motherly figure" to Ranka.

next week preview, we see a vf-171 in battloid mode and successfully blowing up a red vajra with gunpod fire!!!

Edited by Shun

still possible that there may have been a real ship before it was devoured from the inside and used as skin.

It was a

real ship. Alto found a family photo of Ranka in a decoration made with a purple SD crystal when he was exploring it...

Btw, does anybody have a clean pic of

the Vajra mothership? It looked kinda like the Meltran mothership from DYRL...

Also a pic of

the VF-171 in battroid mode

would be greatly appreciated... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I don't know why, but it seems Grace wants to totally eradicate Vajra (that may make Vajra good

:ph34r:). She tried to make it seem that the Vajra destroyed a planet killing even Milky Way's most famous singer. This obviously put Vajra in a really bad light, more than they already were for attacking Galaxy (an event staged by Grace too?), although we still don't know why.

Maybe the plan is that to fight the Vajra technological advancement in weaponry will be needed, so corporate business could benefit from that. The other reason could be some kind of political advantage.

FV

some random thoughts:

- if the WTF-1 is similar in size to the sdf-1, that means the vajra hive/HQ (which is built up from its inside) is quite small, and the vajra battleships are even smaller (compared to zentradi and new macross class).

- vf-27 is operational underwater. what other vfs have shown this ability?

- the purple gems embedded on that Queen Vajra seems to be its weak points. not sure if it produced those gems or the gems are embedded into it to somehow alter its nature?

PS > it doesn't make sense that the WTF-1 "Global" is "just a disguise" if u consider the fact that the ship is indeed from 117th Research Fleet because there is a "photo" of young ranka inside it, not to mention the doll lying on the floor and the broken vehicle. The external visual markings tallies with Alto's X-Gear records, and Ranka herself gets her flashbacks after recognizing it. the queen vajra probably altered it internally to make her hive, so the external parts fall off when it lifted off.

I don't know why, but it seems Grace wants to totally eradicate Vajra (that may make Vajra good

:ph34r: ). She tried to make it seem that the Vajra destroyed a planet killing even Milky Way's most famous singer. This obviously put Vajra in a really bad light, more than they already were for attacking Galaxy (an event staged by Grace too?), although we still don't know why.

Maybe the plan is that to fight the Vajra technological advancement in weaponry will be needed, so corporate business could benefit from that. The other reason could be some kind of political advantage.

FV

There are so many directions they could go with this.

1. Corporate Military Industrial Complex's greed

2. Undeclared cold war

3. Vajra are PC bio-weapon

4. Vajra are a Galaxy secret bio-weapon project gone awry

5. ??

thanks RedWolf and LadyLuck ;)

can we assume most if not all later models of vf are able to operate underwater?

Kronnang Dunn>

ya, when i said hive i meant the mothership

will get better pics soon... almost done with the HD RAW :D

Edited by Shun

I just saw the raw... wtfomfghmocgawddaaaayyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

no speculation.. I am waiting for the subs - except that

yes, I am confident that grace pulled a ghost in the shell move. we will be seeing her again soon, though we might not recognize her immediately.

PS > it doesn't make sense that the WTF-1 "Global" is "just a disguise" if u consider the fact that the ship is indeed from 117th Research Fleet because there is a "photo" of young ranka inside it, not to mention the doll lying on the floor and the broken vehicle. The external visual markings tallies with Alto's X-Gear records

Well, there is clearly written "117" next to "04 Global".

FV