Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

Yes... It makes more sense with the subs, hehe. Alto is in biiig trouble...

I just thought of something... What if another Zentradi ship was in orbit when Grace activated the Dimension Eater? Maybe Ogohtwahi will save Alto!!! ^_^

Well, wasn't the Zentradi cruiser on the surface a part of a larger ship, the same style as the one Kamjin had that he divided up in the original Macross?

Here it is, thanks to Mr March.

queadol-magdomilla.gif

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/que...-magdomilla.htm

Only the forward half of the ship was on the surface of the planet, the rest could have been in orbit easily.

Taksraven

* Michael + Sheryl might be the hot new item... Klan will not be happy.

So multiple triangle in MF, awesome

- Sheryl-Alto-Ranka

- Sheryl-Michael-Klan

- Ozma-Cathy-Leon

and

- Luca-Nanase-???

I'm getting a Sara controlling APHOS vibe when I see Ranka in that green bubble trap

Thats what I thought too. Lots of tributes to other Macross series in this episode. (such as having to outrun the explosion)

Taksraven

Has anybody wondered that the Vajra have ships? This tells me Vajra aren't just some vacc-rated bio-weapons.

Think Grace (or her masters) just need a war to sell VF-27s?

Edited by HMP_Goose

Has anybody wondered that the Vajra have ships? This tells me Vajra aren't just some vacc-rated bio-weapons.

Vajra is Zerg, Ranka is going to be Kerrigan, now we need Protos Psionic power in form of Basara Sound Force :ph34r:

To me, the most disturbing part of the episode wasn't the Zentradi getting blasted, it was the way that Grace was SMILING as she was engulfed by the explosion.

Very cold and very disturbing.

The "Private company trying to stir up a war to drum up business" is a very tempting possibility, but I wonder if it could be the new cyborgs from Galaxy seeing themselves as a new form of life and trying to achieve domination by creating a civil war between human, Zentradi and everybody else?

They should call themselves Skynet.

Taksraven

Vajra is Zerg, Ranka is going to be Kerrigan, now we need Protos Psionic power in form of Basara Sound Force :ph34r:

You forgot the goth punk band/army known as Sivil and the Protodevilns for the unorthodox methods of the Dark Protoss. :lol:

So multiple triangle in MF, awesome

- Sheryl-Alto-Ranka

- Sheryl-Michael-Klan

- Ozma-Cathy-Leon

and

- Luca-Nanase-???

- Luca-Nanase-Ranka of course ^_^

Bobby-Ozma-Kathy :ph34r:

On a different note, someone in another forum suggested that Grace might have simply uploaded her mind into another body (possibly the tall short haired one). If this is true, then we have further evidence that Grace may be the final Cylon. :lol:

Edited by d3v

Well, wasn't the Zentradi cruiser on the surface a part of a larger ship, the same style as the one Kamjin had that he divided up in the original Macross?

Here it is, thanks to Mr March.

queadol-magdomilla.gif

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/que...-magdomilla.htm

Only the forward half of the ship was on the surface of the planet, the rest could have been in orbit easily.

Taksraven

A light of hope.... Of course!!!! That's a Queadol-Magdomilla Class Fleet Command Battleship.

Maybe Major Ohgotwhai was in the Orbital Module while his advisor stayed on the Assault Module at the planetary base. Man... I really hope this is the case... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

A light of hope.... Maybe Ohgotwhai was in the Orbital Module while his advisor stayed on the Assault Module. Man... I really hope this is the case... ^_^

If you think about it, it makes sense to use it for a marine fleet, you can have one ship both stay in orbit coordinating from space AND be in atmosphere providing support to the ground troops.

I do hope this means that we get to see new lineart for it.

Edited by d3v

So the Vajra only have two type of ships, the Hedgehog-type gunship and the hive-type one. Aren't the 113tf marine have several Nupetiet class as well according to Klan flashback in epi.11?

To me, the most disturbing part of the episode wasn't the Zentradi getting blasted, it was the way that Grace was SMILING as she was engulfed by the explosion.

Very cold and very disturbing.

The "Private company trying to stir up a war to drum up business" is a very tempting possibility, but I wonder if it could be the new cyborgs from Galaxy seeing themselves as a new form of life and trying to achieve domination by creating a civil war between human, Zentradi and everybody else?

They should call themselves Skynet.

Taksraven

In Macross Plus the emotion chips were illegal because they tend to make AI have too much self-preservation instinct and irrationality.

Though society at the time were welcoming the posibility of sentient AI there must have been cases before Sharon Apple where AI became dangerous.

Sharon Apple was the straw that broke the camel's back that made societies like Frontier be wary of AI and augmentation.

With the former existence of the Zentradi and after the Protodevlin it is likely Macross humans were wary of making the same mistakes as the Protoculture.

Based on the sub, here's what I got about Grace's plan -

1.) She planned to have Sheryl die. Either Frontier would get angry with the Vajra over her death, or the rest of the galaxy would get angry with Frontier over Sheryl's death (probably the latter; in episode 1, Cathy makes a comment about a potential diplomatic disaster for Frontier if something happens to Sheryl).

2.) She planned to set up a link for the Vajra between Gallia 4 and the Frontier fleet

3.) The Dimension Eater was meant to force the Vajra to leave Gallia 4, and the link would drive them to Frontier

4.) Grace isn't dead.

Based on the new orders that she gives Brera, as well as the fact that Luca got in trouble with Leon (Grace's co-conspirator, who presumeably isn't in on the "drive the Vajra to Frontier" aspect of her plan), I don't think Grace expected Ranka to end up on Gallia 4. However, Ranka did end up there and Grace adapted her plan when Ranka ended up at the crash site. I'm guessing that the "thing" in Ranka's stomach is what ended up creating the link between the Vajra and Frontier. We saw a connection in episode 7 between Ranka's stomach and Sheryl's earring, so it's possible that Grace's original plan was to use Sheryl's death and Sheryl's earring to somehow link the Vajra with Frontier. Then Ranka arrived, and Grace adapted her plan to use the new girl instead. Grace also didn't foresee that Sheryl would quit taking her "medicine" (in reality poison to maker her sick; presumeably she quit taking it because she was depressed about Alto flying off with Ranka), recover quite a bit, go flying with Michael, and safely make it to the Vajra fold-out quickly enough to leave the system. So Grace doesn't know that Sheryl's still alive.

Of course, the question remains - why would Grace hate Frontier so much?

mother of mary, what an episode. anyone else get a serious mospeada vibe from this episode? heroes trudging thru lush jungle, biological hive with queen, wrecked remains of ships, mysterious pilots of enemy craft with crushes on one of the good guys, etc etc.

also, i'm starting to get the feeling the vajra are some kind of protectors of nature, like the giant bugs from nausicaa. when grace mentioned the death of the galactic fairy and the destruction of a planetary system causing hatred to boil over, i don't think she was referring to just one side (why would the humans care about the destruction of an insignificant planet like gallia 4?). in other words, i think she was saying the death of the galactic fairy would enrage the humans while the destruction of the star system would enrage the vajra. i hope i'm wrong, cuz if i'm right we could have an ending where the heroes discover humans must learn to live in harmony with nature and in harmony with the vajra. and i really don't want to see environmentalist undertones in frontier.

I'm guessing that the "thing" in Ranka's stomach is what ended up creating the link between the Vajra and Frontier.

According to Kei subs it was the mayday transmission from Ohghotwhai's advisor at the Assault module of the Queadol-Magdomilla. :ph34r:

in other words, i think she was saying the death of the galactic fairy would enrage the humans while the destruction of the star system would enrage the vajra. i hope i'm wrong, cuz if i'm right we could have an ending where the heroes discover humans must learn to live in harmony with nature and in harmony with the vajra. and i really don't want to see environmentalist undertones in frontier.

If you watched Macross Zero and Episode 10 of Frontier you know as well as I that it will be most likely the case on these series... (After all and despite all that mecha, Kawamori is a nature-loving pacifist). ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

It's obvious what happens.

At the start of the next episode, Alto will just in time, reach his fold pack floating in orbit and get out of there easily.

Since the Vajra are going to Frontier, Michael and Sheryl will just end up back home (sadly, no POW time where they can get close like Hikaru/Misa lol).

So Sheryl obviously didn't take whatever pill Grace gave her.

Knowing that that Grace is evil, that's a good thing. What was that magic pill? Some sort of genetically enhanced techno-drug?

Grace is most likely the no. 1 culprit behind getting Sheryl sick and keeping her in bed.

Grace is going to come back as "The Boss/The Joy", and fly around in a white VF-27 with a snake symbol on it. :lol:

It was nice to see the rear facing anti-aircraft lasers being used again, even if Alto didn't hit Brera. Nice to know those things aren't just decorative.

Wasn't the cutesy monster that Alto pointed his gun at while hugging Ranka the same thing in the stasis-tube on the Global? Another form of Vajra perhaps?[/

That's what I thought.

Anyone else notice that the pill was type 639? :)

At this point, nothing coming in the series will surprise me. Though taking a look at the picture of Ranka's mom, the bust line & hair color, as well as the tribal style necklace all lead to the possability of it being Mao.

At this point, nothing coming in the series will surprise me. Though taking a look at the picture of Ranka's mom, the bust line & hair color, as well as the tribal style necklace all lead to the possability of it being Mao.

That's very likely given how Ozma mentioned how Ranka ended up playing Dr. Mao.

I wonder if Ranka and the Vajra and the 117th research fleet and Mao are all linked up in some sort of terrible bioweapon project gone horribly wrong... it seems notable that Ranka was needed to trigger the whole lift-off sequence. What's the connection there?

sub is out now

Did someone post that subs are out? I checked but not successful. Can anyone post a link?

False alarm, I guess. :ph34r:

EDIT:

I though tankf77 meant the subbed version not subtitled. Sorry about that. :)

Edited by grss1982

I wonder if Ranka and the Vajra and the 117th research fleet and Mao are all linked up in some sort of terrible bioweapon project gone horribly wrong... it seems notable that Ranka was needed to trigger the whole lift-off sequence. What's the connection there?

Scientists in anime who create some fearsome doomsday device/mecha tend to leave the key to saving the world/activating the device in the hands/protrusions of their children. :lol:

Grace is going to come back as "The Boss/The Joy", and fly around in a white VF-27 with a snake symbol on it. :lol:

It was nice to see the rear facing anti-aircraft lasers being used again, even if Alto didn't hit Brera. Nice to know those things aren't just decorative.

Plausible. BUT, I think it wont be in a white color. Grace's ride will be a VF-27 in D.D. Ivanov colors. :ph34r: Since Brera already has the VF-27 in Nora Polyansky colors. In other words another Macross zero tribute. :rolleyes:

And Alto will beat her after having mastered Valk CQC using his PBB knife.

What is LAI again? Luca Angeleoni Industries? I doubt that LAI breed the Vajra. However LAI allegiance is sure in question, they seems to support Grace faction (Galaxy?). I hope this doesn't mean that Luca will turn 180 in the future.

Well remember LAI is run by Luca's older brother. I don't think Luca is an enemy he may be naive but he is no enemy. He also seemed upset with Leon in his office which means if he is bad he still leans toward the good guy side.