Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

THEY BUILT ANOTHER ONE???!!!!! blink.gif

Yeah, there's actually several SDF class ships out there. I believe that Galaxy Patrols use them as well if I remember right. But I also heard they were pretty much decomissioned and no others were built after 2030 or something...can't recall my sources on that either. Dammit I gotta wait 5 hours before I can even download the freakin episode.

Edited by Hikuro

So,
Brera is Ranka's brother... U can see Brera at the side of Ranka and their parents (and their dog!!!) in the crystal pic...

:ph34r:

HA! I thought so! I called it back in "The Legend Of Zero"! ^_^

So why

is Brera so intent on killing Alto

?

The stream isn't working anymore.. :(

Edited by wraith1701

We had a discussion on this years ago, about the SDF designation. Someone dug up official art that proved the Megaroads (beyond the -01) carried the SDF designation.

Indeed... Maybe this proves my theory.

The SDF-4 was the only other Macross Class vessel constructed, while the rest were Megaroads. The 117the fleet used the Macross ship for Vajra research. The bugs feed on Superdimensional energy. That's why they built their nest there...

Fleets of Macross Class warships is a no go...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

We had a discussion on this years ago, about the SDF designation. Someone dug up official art that proved the Megaroads (beyond the -01) carried the SDF designation.

u can see from the tactical CG sequence from ep 1 that the various Megaroads are labeled with SDF- designation. however, the image of each tag shows the sideviews similar to Megaload-01

only managed to catch the later half of the show :(

so we confirmed 3 things:

1. Grace is Agent G

2. WTF-1 is not SDF-1, but the flagship of 117th Research Fleet... and they seemed to have samples of the vajra.

3. Brera is someone close to young Ranka (most probably brother)

the machine that is able to create a planet sized Fault Surface is developed by LAI?!

thought i heard some more names from Grace's faction?... and now they're eyeing on Ranka?

notice the lots of purple gem at the feet of the queen vajra...

Great episode, with great plot twists/thickening/what have you. I can't wait until next week.

Was the expanding ball of purple-pink and black based on the omni-directional barrier malfunction in SDF:M? I remember the two having the same colour.

I was pleased that we got more of the Zentraedi; though I was saddened that they were relegated to minor character, reactionary roles; "Deculture!"

If you could find that art, that would be amazing!

Remember what book it was in?

Yes, well I'm going to search through YEARS OF POSTS to find that discussion. :p Crazy man :)

Watching the episode again, I am going with this ship being

a Macross class vessel (perhaps Macross - 04) named "Global". No reason for the vessel to be in the mode it is in, either, other than a cheap plot device to have a cliffhanger for the end of episode 12. Retcon FTL.

So why

is Brera so intent on killing Alto

?

Brera: You do not suit her.

Grace as she is activating the device: The death of the Galactic Fairy and the annihilation of the fleet. The hatred will grow like an inferno.

And I doubt Grace is dead, this was probably another of her puppet bodies.

Edited by ackem

Indeed... Maybe this proves my theory.
The SDF-4 was the only other Macross Class vessel constructed, while the rest were Megaroads. The 117the fleet used the Macross ship for Vajra research. The bugs feed on Superdimensional energy. That's why they built their nest there...

Fleets of Macross Class warships is a no go...

Proves what?

Proves more battleships than the SDF-1 were built and the only one we know of was called the SDF-4 Gloval. That is the only proof to be claimed since it is now canon. Anything further is speculation - still.

How many? Who knows, it could be 4, it could be 13. How they would have been deployed? We only know the Gloval was a research fleet flag ship, the rest hasn't been revealed yet and Kawamori ain't talkin'... yet! B))

I have to agree with sketchly that it sounds like this is going to get nothing but better.

Proves what?

Proves more battleships than the SDF-1 were built and the only one we know of was called the SDF-4 Gloval. That is the only proof to be claimed since it is now canon. Anything further is speculation - still.

How many? Who knows, it could be 4, it could be 13. How they would have been deployed? We only know the Gloval was a research fleet flag ship, the rest hasn't been revealed yet and Kawamori ain't talkin'... yet! B))

I have to agree with sketchly that it sounds like this is going to get nothing but better.

Err... actually I was talking about

the Vajra feeding on SD energy and using a Macross Class vessel as nest... Is already clear that you were right about the WTF not being the original SDF-1, but I still hardly believe there were any other more ships of that class built (other than the Macross and the Global...

with "b")... And if the Vajra prefer the Macross Class ships to build their nests on them then it would be even less likely to have UNSpacy/NUNS built more of those...

too risky!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Oh yeah, about the Vajra, is it just me,

or does this seem to be coming down to the Vajra being little harmless creatures than turn into these monstrous beasts when exposed to the energies of the purple crystals, which the humans are exploiting and perhaps even abusing.

Yeah, there's actually several SDF class ships out there. I believe that Galaxy Patrols use them as well if I remember right. But I also heard they were pretty much decomissioned and no others were built after 2030 or something...can't recall my sources on that either. Dammit I gotta wait 5 hours before I can even download the freakin episode.

If the dates and infor are correct then that would make the last one built 8 years prior to the launch of the NMC-1.

I'm not convinced this is a

SDF designated ship, until we see a sub on it I am going with Macross-04.

You know, the whole thing could have been just a shell for whatever they where doing.

Err... actually I was talking about

the Vajra feeding on SD energy and using a Macross Class vessel as nest... Is already clear that you were right about the WTF not being the original SDF-1, but I still hardly believe there were any other more ships of that class built... And if the Vajra prefer the Macross Class ships to built their nests on them then it would be even less likely to have UNSpacy/NUNS built more of those...

:rolleyes:

Perhaps the ?-04 Global is a privately (read: corporations) funded ship?

You know, the whole thing could have been just a shell for whatever they where doing.

That is what it looks like in the episode, like the "skin" of the Global drops away to reveal this Vajra vessel underneath.

this snap shot is from ep 1.

u can see Megaroad-01 is SDF-2, Megaroad-02 is SDF-3, Megaroad-04 is sdf-5 but there is no sign of sdf-4 in this sequence.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9051/sn...04013802ji7.jpg

no matter. the WTF-1 is not sdf-1 that's for sure.

and the "First Generation Macross (Class)" ship hints at more of this class of warships. who knows where.

Edited by Shun

That is what it looks like in the episode, like the "skin" of the Global drops away to reveal this Vajra vessel underneath.

In fact, SDF-4 might have been just a cover. It may have been nothing more than a "paper" name.

So before people go running off with wild speculation, step back and just think about it. B))

Perhaps the ?-04 Global is a privately (read: corporations) funded ship?

Indeed... another ALIENS reference...

Macross and Aliens... 2 of my favorite Sci-Fi franchises of all time merged...

Man... I love this show...!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn