Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

...there was another voice in Brera's flashback when he ..."drops down" through SDF-4 Global...playing the harmonica...

Maybe "ランシェ・メイ" is pronounced "Lance Mei" and not Ranshe Mei. Won't know until someone speaks the name, and probably not even then! I'm still confused with all the multiple pronunciations of Mihail/Mikhail/Michel/Michael.. :huh:

Why does everyone keep saying that Grace is Bell Dandy? AFAIK Bell Dandy is a goddess not a cyborg.... :huh:

Kikuko Inoue is the voice actress (seiyu) for Bell-chan as well... I didn't know either until someone mentioned it in this thread.

sub is out now

Finally! Hmm.. Kei, are they new to Frontier subbing? Probably similar to Chihiro as far as speedsubbers go, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I need a sub and they are out so I'll take it.

Why does everyone keep saying that Grace is Bell Dandy? AFAIK Bell Dandy is a goddess not a cyborg.... :huh:

Whatever, since this episode Grace is perhaps the character I like the least. In fact... I hate her... she destroyed my beloved 33th... :unsure:

Hope Ogohtwhai and some of his men survived (while on patrol elsewhere in the planet) and then give her what she deserves... :angry:

Sorry for being such a crybaby, hehe... but I'm pretty upset for seeing all those Zentradi from ep 12 wiped out in ep 13... Maybe the producers couldn't use Mikimoto designs anymore... who knows... ^_^

Btw... Does anybody has a pic with the little Vajra-like thing? B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Whatever, since this episode Grace is perhaps the character I like the least. In fact... I hate her... she destroyed my beloved 33th... :unsure:

Hope Ogohtwhai and some of his men survived (while on patrol elsewhere in the planet) and then give her what she deserves... :angry:

Sorry for being such a crybaby, hehe... but I'm pretty upset for seeing all those Zentradi from ep 12 wiped out in ep 13... Maybe the producers couldn't use Mikimoto designs anymore... who knows... ^_^

Btw... Does anybody has a pic with the little Vajra-like thing? B))

Zentran are expendable after all <_< So what purpose did Grace activated the Dimension eater for? Eliminating eyewitness (113th Zentran marine and Sheryl crew) or to destroy the nest? She place the Dimension eater too far from Global I think.

Anyone and anything on that side of the planet is probably toast.

I actually thought Grace was kinda hot in a naughty businesswomen style and with all those cryborgs stuff she can get freaky! haha

:lol:

OMFG this show is just getting wicked crazy, great episode, as someone mentioned, I'm in a Ranka-catatonic state so can't say much

just one question, what was the big APHOS like eye that shut down all electrical system in Galia 4 and what happened to it??

just one question, what was the big APHOS like eye that shut down all electrical system in Galia 4 and what happened to it??

That was probably something in the nest.

Finally! Hmm.. Kei, are they new to Frontier subbing? Probably similar to Chihiro as far as speedsubbers go, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I need a sub and they are out so I'll take it.

I'm downloading it for kicks... seems like it's from the people (formerly?) of Chihiro with more fansubber drama. I'll see how it is.

Anyone and anything on that side of the planet is probably toast.

I know... *sobs*

Seeing all those Zentradi re-cultured by Ranka in last week episode's left me with this sensation of glee (like watching the original Macross again!!!)... And watching them mercilessly destroyed in this episode (despite all the other kewl stuff) seemed pretty grim to me... I'm sad... :mellow:

That was probably something in the nest.

Your majesty...The Vajra Queen? :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Time for animated gifs. I vote that one gets made of the shot where Ranka is clenching her backside when she is turtling.

Taksraven

(and for anybody not familiar with the lovely expression http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turtling )

Your majesty...The Vajra Queen? :huh:

So we can assume that the Alien ....I mean Vajra Queen is the brain for all the Vajra knowing that the other (squid and lobster type) are just mindless drone. It still left some question abut their ships, who control them or whether they're sentient or not.

Wait, something just crossed my mind, If the Vajra Queen can produce jamming field that shut down all VF in her area, does this mean Frontier VF squad is doomed when they approach the Hiva ship? :ph34r: Another Great VF Turkey hunt I quess.....

Edit: 1000th post, and now I'm a pipeholder? Nooo....I want to be a bridge bunny forever.... :wacko:

Edited by Morpheus

I'm downloading it for kicks... seems like it's from the people (formerly?) of Chihiro with more fansubber drama. I'll see how it is.

Subtitle script is available in the 1st post for those of you that don't want to wait.

Wait, something just crossed my mind, If the Vajra Queen can produce jamming field that shut down all VF in her area, does this mean Frontier VF squad is doomed when they approach the Hiva ship? :ph34r: Another Great VF Turkey hunt I quess.....

It was something more than that. It shut down electronics across the entire region. We saw the entire Zentraedi base get blacked out at the start of the episode. Because of the size of the affect, it was probably something too large to carry off with the Vajra fleet.

I have a feeling that the vajra steals DNA from local fauna and creates weapons out of them. Wasn't the cutesy monster that Alto pointed his gun at while hugging Ranka the same thing in the stasis-tube on the Global? Another form of Vajra perhaps?

It looked like a small lobster to me, actually. A small green lobster. Maybe it wasn't ripe yet?

:rolleyes:

Given how wild this episode was, unfortunately I don't think I can really say anything more substantive until I've seen a translation of the episode.

I used the .ass file and just finished watching it. Beware some people these subbers dropped the f-bomb, a number of times... Other than that this all made a lot more sense!

The jamming is called a D-pulse burst and it affects navigational controls. When the ships lift off though the jamming stops hence why Alto can fly again. The VF-27 is apparently unaffected by the D-pulse burst.

It seems Grace detonated the Dimension Eater in order to destroy the 33rd and kill Sheryl with the purpose of spreading hate, most likely for the Vajra as before saying that she said let the fold communications be their guide (referring to how the Vajra ships know how to get to Frontier) and then she seemed to sarcastically wish the people of Frontier luck. The Zentradi before dying referred to the explosion as an unknown fold dislocation (or fold fault as I'm sure more detailed subbers will correct it to) collapsing. Hmm seems stars aren't the only thing that make big bangs when they collapse.

Mikhail definitely hitched a ride with the Vajra ship folding but Alto isn't shown to have made it into the fold so I wonder how he gets back. Maybe the LAI booster survives the explosion and he uses that. It seems Sheryl made a point of not telling Grace she was leaving with Mikhail to look for Alto and Ranka so Grace seems to have thought Sheryl was still in bed sick while the planet was being eaten, so I bet she'll be surprised to find Sheryl alive later on. Also Grace's instructions to Brera seem to indicate Grace wasn't planning on dying because she told him to return and wait for her orders (I think return means return to Frontier).

Ok, there is my tangent of understands and beliefs based on this episode, I kept it all in from earlier and waiting until subs, so I could explode it out here. IMO, this episode is DECULTCHA!!!

Ripping off the alien designs have been a staple for Scifi anime for some time... look at the Kouma from Sakura Wars... they're just aliens with wings.

u have the yellow hammerheads, red lobsters, and Queen Vajra. (actually IMO these look like beetles and seems like alot of japanese love to keep the huge ones as pets)

More then just that... Beetle Sumo is a competition sport.

GRACE IS BELLDANDY, SHE IS NOT EVIL!! *finds a corner and sobs*

She was pretty evil in Sakura Wars 3... even though she was at the same time a goodguy.

No enemy in the Macross universe has ever been as truly terrifying as the Vajra. Ordinary songs are ineffective, and if you try to blow them up then they'll just keep on coming relentlessly. Of course, Ranka and/or Sheryl will be involved in defeating them.

Now this is just funny... Only in a Macross thread would one describe aliens not being "affected" by songs as terrifying.

Actually I believe that
Zentradis deserve to die in battle

, not

bombed by some treacherous bitch

... Where's the style in that? :angry:

I think he meant that the Advisor's fade-to-white Yakk Deculture... death scene was the same as Lamplamiz-Fortresses.

I used the .ass file and just finished watching it. Beware some people these subbers dropped the f-bomb, a number of times...

"Ow, my freakin' ears!!!!!"

I'm sure that we will survive a few f-words.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

I was sorta upset too that the Zentrans got obliterated. :( And I liked Grace as well and hated that she turned out evil. :angry: Oh well, we can't have everything.

I used the .ass file and just finished watching it. Beware some people these subbers dropped the f-bomb, a number of times... Other than that this all made a lot more sense!

The jamming is called a D-pulse burst and it affects navigational controls. When the ships lift off though the jamming stops hence why Alto can fly again. The VF-27 is apparently unaffected by the D-pulse burst.

It seems Grace detonated the Dimension Eater in order to destroy the 33rd and kill Sheryl with the purpose of spreading hate, most likely for the Vajra as before saying that she said let the fold communications be their guide (referring to how the Vajra ships know how to get to Frontier) and then she seemed to sarcastically wish the people of Frontier luck. The Zentradi before dying referred to the explosion as an unknown fold dislocation (or fold fault as I'm sure more detailed subbers will correct it to) collapsing. Hmm seems stars aren't the only thing that make big bangs when they collapse.

Mikhail definitely hitched a ride with the Vajra ship folding but Alto isn't shown to have made it into the fold so I wonder how he gets back. Maybe the LAI booster survives the explosion and he uses that. It seems Sheryl made a point of not telling Grace she was leaving with Mikhail to look for Alto and Ranka so Grace seems to have thought Sheryl was still in bed sick while the planet was being eaten, so I bet she'll be surprised to find Sheryl alive later on. Also Grace's instructions to Brera seem to indicate Grace wasn't planning on dying because she told him to return and wait for her orders (I think return means return to Frontier).

Yes... It makes more sense with the subs, hehe. Alto is in biiig trouble...

I just thought of something... What if another Zentradi ship was in orbit when Grace activated the Dimension Eater? Maybe Ogohtwahi will save Alto!!! ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Yes... It makes more sense with the subs, hehe. Alto is in biiig trouble...

I just thought of something... What if another Zentradi ship was in orbit when Grace activated the Dimension Eater? Maybe Ogohtwahi will save Alto!!! ^_^

Only way he can make it back in any reasonable amount of time is with either Michael or Brera's fold boosters, tho.

btw... Grace jump!!!

Edited by stray

AHEM......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikuko_Inoue

TV Anime Roles

* Adventures of Mini-Goddess (Belldandy (from ep.14))

* Ah! My Goddess (Belldandy)

* Macross Frontier (Grace O'Connor)

All of her roles are available in the link provided above. ;)

haha, everyone asking about Alto, but what about Bera?, sorry, haven't read the subs, did Grace order him to leave the planet on time when he disengaged Alto??

by the way, I don't think the mysterious eye was the Vajra Queen

EYE

1-1.jpg

VAJRA QUEEN

2-1.jpg

I LOL'd when Alto was heading to rescue Ranka and her dog flap ear lifts up!

3-1.jpg

someone mentiones the VF-27's bending wings ala YF-21 in supersonic flight, here's the shot

4-1.jpg

I'm getting a Sara controlling APHOS vibe when I see Ranka in that green bubble trap

Zentran are expendable after all <_< So what purpose did Grace activated the Dimension eater for? Eliminating eyewitness (113th Zentran marine and Sheryl crew) or to destroy the nest? She place the Dimension eater too far from Global I think.

To destroy any trace that the Vajra were manufactured by LAI?

well, fwiw, Belldandy does have that, uhh, "winged person/entity/thingy" coming out of her back from time to time.

and lest we forget, Mizuho Kazami is a bonafide alien.

Now we got Grace, who's got teh tentacles and extreme jumping skills.

it all just nicely fit, don't it? :wacko::lol:

To destroy any trace that the Vajra were manufactured by LAI?

What is LAI again? Luca Angeleoni Industries? I doubt that LAI breed the Vajra. However LAI allegiance is sure in question, they seems to support Grace faction (Galaxy?). I hope this doesn't mean that Luca will turn 180 in the future.

haha, everyone asking about Alto, but what about Bera?, sorry, haven't read the subs, did Grace order him to leave the planet on time when he disengaged Alto??

by the way, I don't think the mysterious eye was the Vajra Queen

EYE

1-1.jpg

VAJRA QUEEN

2-1.jpg

I LOL'd when Alto was heading to rescue Ranka and her dog flap ear lifts up!

3-1.jpg

someone mentiones the VF-27's bending wings ala YF-21 in supersonic flight, here's the shot

I'm getting a Sara controlling APHOS vibe when I see Ranka in that green bubble trap

I'm wondering that myself. That eye was not the queen's, however it may be part of the mothership...

Ok, now that I've watched the subs, and the trauma of this morning has subsided...

* Alto is such a girl

* Michael is f'ing brilliant

* Ranka has to go potty, so cute.

* Sheryl + flying = hot

* Klan is a pirate... I think.

* Ozma is going to kill Alto... if the Vajra don't get to him first.

Otherwise... WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! I wasn't ready for a heart attack at 10 in the morning.

* I'm going to have dimension eater nightmares until next week.

* I think the whole onisama thing between Ranka/Brera is confirmed... either that or he has an really unhealthy crush.

* Yaku... Deculture!!!

* Grace is a serious c*nt

* Can Ranka and Alto please have a romantic moment that isn't a life or death situation?

* Michael + Sheryl might be the hot new item... Klan will not be happy.

* I really love this show.

* It's a whole f'ing week until next episode.