Transformers Super Thread 7

Don't know, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

David's Post

Hmmmmmmm......I'll take a look at mine tonight and try to figure it out if it is already not said here by then.

:ph34r:

My Wife and I teach online classes, and one of her students sent this message to her, "Transformers 2 has been filming out at Edwards the past couple weeks. My husband just found out that one of his jets is going to be flying a mission for the movie on Thursday. He got a pic with his cell phone of Optimus Prime at the gate before he went into work the other morning and I had to send it to you." Here is the picture she sent.

post-8427-1216224344_thumb.jpg

Animated Grimlock has the best eye light-piping ever.

For me its Robovision Prime.

My Wife and I teach online classes, and one of her students sent this message to her, "Transformers 2 has been filming out at Edwards the past couple weeks. My husband just found out that one of his jets is going to be flying a mission for the movie on Thursday. He got a pic with his cell phone of Optimus Prime at the gate before he went into work the other morning and I had to send it to you." Here is the picture she sent.

Awesome I wonder if Knight26 is in it?

It's been said before on this thread and I'll say it again: RID Scourge is an awesome mold.

Get him if you can.

Awesome but dated, if Ultra Scourge is based on him I hope he turns out even better.

I think RID Scourge is the most logical choice given Hasbro (marketing and big wigs) seeing Universe as a realism line. G1 Scourge can't really be turned into anything without him not resembling his original form. Deluxe Class Cyclonus probably got away unscathed because he's already a fighter, and Galvatron's G1 laser howitzer is thematically similar to a tank, but G1 Scourge.... not sure what the real-world equivalent of a flying space boat thing is.

Plus Hasbro did say they were going to visit RID at some point in the 25th Anniversary.

post-8427-1216224344_thumb.jpg

That's really cool. I love that truck, flames and all, David :p

I actually posted a link to pics of the other vehicles seen at Edwards in the TF2 movie thread.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Guest sh002

so why did they do another seeker for classics if they weren't planning to and why acid storm instead of a different repaint of thundercracker?

so why did they do another seeker for classics if they weren't planning to and why acid storm instead of a different repaint of thundercracker?
See... despite how many people refer to the line as 'Classics 2.0', Universe 2008 is a different toyline incorporating all sorts of series and toys. These things take months to plan out.

They would have decided back in early to mid 2006 that they weren't going to have the original Classics toyline go beyond the final waves (Cliffjumper and Ramjet), since the Movie line immediately took over afterwards. Since they didn't think they were going to revisit the line again, they let Fun Publications use them so the toys would be released in some way.

Classics turned out to be more popular than they expected when the line was released months after they made these decisions. Universe was commissioned partly because of Classics success, and partly to provide a 'realism' line alongside the cartoony style of Animated. Obviously Hasbro didn't do Thundercracker to respect the deal they made with Fun Publications.

Thrust was not part of Starscream/Ramjet's tooling as the mold for the wings were commissioned and paid for by Fun Publications, I believe.

Besides, TakaraTomy have already come to the rescue with an affordable version of Thundercracker that looks even better than the BotCon version.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Besides, TakaraTomy have already come to the rescue with an affordable version of Thundercracker that looks even better than the BotCon version.

Affordable........ <_< ......more like.....still overpriced.

Pic is taken a bit "from above" and lighting was actually TOO white (should have toned down the flash) but anyways-----Octane's alternate shoulder position, plus random "Asuka wearing Rei's plugsuit because it looks cool":

IMG_0726.jpg

Managed to secure a few more G1 Targetmasters today, with a couple more TMs and HMs I'll probably get... I still say either the 25th line or Universe/Classics 2 oughta move beyond the 84-6 characters and touch on the later stuff like anything -master!

managed to secure a few more G1 Targetmasters today, with a couple more TMs and HMs I'll probably get... I still say either the 25th line or Universe/Classics 2 oughta move beyond the 84-6 characters and touch on the later stuff like anything -master!

I AM ALL ABOUT FREAKING HEAD MASTERS MAN...AND AM ALSO A BIG FAN OF GOD GINRAI

Pic is taken a bit "from above" and lighting was actually TOO white (should have toned down the flash) but anyways-----Octane's alternate shoulder position, plus random "Asuka wearing Rei's plugsuit because it looks cool":

Ohhhhhhh now I see......I think I like the "original" position better. THANKS for that though!

I AM ALL ABOUT FREAKING HEAD MASTERS MAN...AND AM ALSO A BIG FAN OF GOD GINRAI

I do concur......although I don't collect G1 anymore. I wish I still had all the ones I had before I sold them :( ....Oh well....I needed money and decided to quit collecting TFs for a while......silly me though...now I'm back at it. :wacko:

My friend just saw Voyager Animated Prime on my shelf and she dubbed him "Goitremus Prime" as he had his face-plate down at the time.

Now that's all I see.

Edited by Alex

Man, you americans are cheap :p

Considering their dollar is very close to ours, and their minimum wage is much lower, they have a reason to want to have some price breaks. :rolleyes:

quick cross post from the Dark Knight thread...

Batman's "tumbler" as a transformer

IMPRESSIVE!

YEAH!!! THAT'S BAD A$$!!! Thanks for sharing that!

I have to say I wasn't really impressed with Classics Sunstreaker, but in person and for $10.00 he's a real winner and very well articulated. Kudos to Hasbro for this great update to a classic transformer.

I just picked up Classics Sunstreaker & Prowl along with Animated Ratchet last night. I don't really care for Sunstreaker either. Prowl on the other hand is pretty cool though. I just opened Animated Ratchet but have not TFed him yet. So far I am pretty impressed with the Animated line. They are tight in both modes....except for the Voyager OP. He looks pretty cool...but his waist swivels to easily. Oh yeah.....and I don't much care for Voyager Megs either. I say the Leader Megs last night but did not pick him up. I will wait till after the Con.

I drove around the local stores today, and it was pretty much a bust. Target was sold out of everything but Lugnut and the two packs. Wal-Mart had plenty of previous waves of Animated, but only Soundwave from the latest wave (which I did grab, but what about Snarl and Jazz?), and the Supreme Prime, which is really just a big, ugly Voyager Prime. Neither had Universe. At Toys R Us, they had some Activators, again none of the newest animated wave. And all the leaders were sold out. I saw one Prowl and one Sunstreaker left, no Octanes, and no new Universe. Unless you count the newest Robot Heroes, of which there were a truckload.

Yeah, it's been rather dry around here too. I'm thinking it's because of all the movie figures that are still hanging around and once they're gone the Animated and Universe toys will get a bigger push.

Yeah, it's been rather dry around here too. I'm thinking it's because of all the movie figures that are still hanging around and once they're gone the Animated and Universe toys will get a bigger push.

The movie toys have been out for over a year already, and every store I've been to is down to peg-warming repaints of characters that weren't even in the movie. They need to put them on clearance and get them out of there already.

The movie toys have been out for over a year already, and every store I've been to is down to peg-warming repaints of characters that weren't even in the movie. They need to put them on clearance and get them out of there already.

No kidding. Target recently put a bunch of toys on clearance this week but the Real Gear toys seem to be the only Transformers pulled for clearance. They really should have clearanced them all, including all of the Desert Brawl toys that are taking up valuable Bulkhead and Megatron space.

Edited by eriku

It's the American way:

We want it CHEAP!

We want it NOW!

And it better be PERFECT!

that's how dad did it, that is how america does it and it's worked pretty well so far.