Transformers Super Thread 7

Hey so apparently if you can't wait for wave 3 to hit stores you can go to the Hasbro website and order the figures. They even have Ultra Magnus up for sale. I really want that figure, it looks like the only Leader class figure that actually has a decent Transformation, the rest just look weak. Their deluxe, voyager counter parts have more innovative and complex transformations. Which is sad because i would like an Earth mode Megatron, but the Leader class doesn't interest me at all. It was like they were being lazy just so they can add lights and sound.

Hey so apparently if you can't wait for wave 3 to hit stores you can go to the Hasbro website and order the figures. They even have Ultra Magnus up for sale. I really want that figure, it looks like the only Leader class figure that actually has a decent Transformation, the rest just look weak. Their deluxe, voyager counter parts have more innovative and complex transformations. Which is sad because i would like an Earth mode Megatron, but the Leader class doesn't interest me at all. It was like they were being lazy just so they can add lights and sound.

You're just like me. I have this fetish for complex transformations. Just not satisfying otherwise.

Like the Cybertron figures, while some were cool, most of the transformations were just too catered towards kids. I know that's who they were meant for, but jeez, I wish kids these days were more ambitious and up to some challenges! :lol:

WOOOOOOOH OMEGA!!! Hopefully it will hit BBTS real soon, bc/ my Iron Man figs finally came in, and I WANT THEM!!

Got my OFTCC figure in the mail today... I didn't pick up any of the Energon combiners when they were out, but with the red and blue and translucent color scheme, this one's a neat little fig... I will have to pick up the other three Club limbs when the preorder for the Club Pirranacon goes up.

Hasbro has repainted Classics Jetfire into G1 Tread Bolt. Click for pics

Tread Bolt was a G1 Micromaster who had a similar Blue Angels-inspired deco. Yeah, funny to see Hasbro throwing so much attention of Micromaster homages lately.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Hasbro has repainted Classics Jetfire into G1 Tread Bolt Pics

Tread Bolt was a G1 Micromaster who had a similar Blue Angels-inspired deco. Yeah, funny to see Hasbro throwing so much attention of Micromaster homages lately.

I think it's funny that Hasbro didn't give us Thundercracker, but now they're beefing up the Universe line with repaints of Classics and Cybertron toys. I shouldn't be too surprised, though. Wasn't Universe originally just repaints?

Anyway, the Blue Angels-ish paint makes Tread Bolt an attractive repaint of Jetfire. However, Tread Bolt is too minor of a character for my tastes, and why I usually don't think twice about buying Deluxes, Voyagers are too expensive to buy repaints willy-nilly.

In any case, I'd rather they repaint Shortround/Storm Surge as a Classics Seaspray.

I was at Target yesterday, and I finally found Voyager Prime. His axe looks stupid, he looks like he's wearing a scarf or something when his faceplate is down, he's got truck kibble on his legs, black paneling on his arms, and mediocre articulation. Mine's a little lose, especially his left shoulder. One of his legs popped off, and I'm a little concerned that his thighs might split at the seam running up the middle.

He's my favorite animated toy so far.

Yeah, I know, he has a few minor issues. None of the Animated toys have been spot-on perfect, though. And despite his flaws, he's great. The details stand out better than on two-pack prime, his transformation is very G1, and he looks spot-on perfect in truck mode. I still recommend buying the two-pack, as I think I actually like Deluxe Megatron better than Voyager Megatron, then taking two-pack Prime's axe and giving it to Voyager Prime. Then you can stuff two-pack Prime in a closet or something.

I was thinking of getting the two pack prime just for the axe too. Voyager is my favorite. The most accurate with Prowl on a close second. I can't keep him out of my hands, I love it.

Within the space of a week i've bought/been given almost all of the first Wave (and some of the second) of Animated.

What is it about these toys? I've never enjoyed a line of Transformers toys more than I do these.

A lot of people say that it's because they're more expressive than other toys. I think that's part of it for me. Most TF toys ignore the fact that they are supposed tom be living rowboats with personalities so they end up looking TOO robotic. These toys bring out the personalities more than any other TF I have seen.

Actually, I think these are the first "charicatures" TFs we've ever had. Perhaps this is how the Cybertronian Gerald Scarfe would draw Prime and Megatron in the papers.

Edited by Alex

It's a bit like how you've got bright cartoony robots in the megaman universe. That's what TFA is like.

Makes me wnat animated valkyries..............and not in the vein of Toynami superposeables

I didnt care for Beast Wars at first.

Years later I finally watched the show and nabbed some of the toys.

It was the personality in both the show and the Toys that I got into.

TF Animated has that going on in spades.

Now if I could just get a Bumblebee that was a smidge smaller and slightly better designed.

Seems leader Ani Megs has a removeable canopy. Should be easy to make it hin ged. Might even put a pilot in there. It has a seat too.

And please, someone tell Hasbro to make this into a repaint/resculpt exclusive as Springer.

Seems leader Ani Megs has a removeable canopy. Should be easy to make it hinged. Might even put a pilot in there. It has a seat too.

And please, someone tell Hasbro to make this into a repaint/resculpt exclusive as Springer.

I have Leader Megs (Earth Mode) and his cockpit/backpack is not removable (least not without a screwdriver...)

Nor does it open. I does however light up in copter mode.

I have Leader Megs (Earth Mode) and his cockpit/backpack is not removable (least not without a screwdriver...)

Nor does it open. I does however light up in copter mode.

The clear red canopy is removeable on mine. It's not screwed down and only held on by a couple of tabs. I didn't say anything about the back-pack or cockpit. Just the canopy. Should be easy to hinge it and paint the interior.

tformers has pics of leader ani Prime in package. This is the first I've ever seen pics of it. Yikes. :unsure:

I think I have my animated Prime fix with the deluxes. Especially the cybertronian one. I can't get over how well executed that design is.

I picked up Animated Starscream today.

I'm pretty disappointed. <_<

There's so much "automorph" gimmickry in this figure that there's no fun in transforming it at all. Aside from pulling the legs down, it does everything else for you.

The limbs are sort of floppy and he can't hold dynamic poses without the legs giving way.

It also looks like complete ASS in jet mode from any other angle than directly above.

I'm probably going to put it back in the box and return it to the store.

Guest sh002

the upcoming transformers i'm excited for are mp thundercracker, henkei thundercracker, encore metroplex, encore minibots, city guardian, binaltech arcee, some of the classics, and this bad boy, the ultra magnus armor.

post-2880-1214690833_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1214690853_thumb.jpg

the upcoming transformers i'm excited for are mp thundercracker, henkei thundercracker, encore metroplex, encore minibots, city guardian, binaltech arcee, some of the classics, and this bad boy, the ultra magnus armor.

That's the first I've seen a colored pic of the armor in trailer mode. Nice. Looks like they've faithfully duplicated the classics tires too. I'd really like a close up look at the face now.

I would love that Classics Magnus armor but the price is too much. :(

I bought it cause he's my favourite character. Normally I don't shell out this much money for something like this, but it is a custom.

Thundercracker Henkei is something that I wouldn't shell out that much money for.

Yet they came out with a pathetic repaint called Acid storm. <_<

Edited by kensei

Just finished watching the Transformers Animated Season 2 Finale Two Parter: A Bridge Too Close. Outside of the Three parter that introducted the series, these were the best episodes yet. Both episodes will be airing next week Saturday on Cartoon Network, but at least in Canada they aired today, and if you're so inclined you can find both episodes (split up into two parts each) right here on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...ansformers+anim

Needless to say everything in the last 28 or so episodes has culminated to this. If you've got 40 or 50 minutes to spare, you won't be disappointed.

;)

Edited by Veritas

Just finished watching the Transformers Animated Season 2 Finale Two Parter: A Bridge Too Close. Outside of the Three parter that introducted the series, these were the best episodes yet. Both episodes will be airing next week Saturday on Cartoon Network, but at least in Canada they aired today, and if you're so inclined you can find both episodes (split up into two parts each) right here on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...ansformers+anim

Needless to say everything in the last 28 or so episodes has culminated to this. If you've got 40 or 50 minutes to spare, you won't be disappointed.

;)

Just finished it myself. I wouldn't say it's better than the previous two-parter, "Megatron Rising," but it's definitely up there. I don't want to leave any spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but I will say that after that, they definitely need to do a third season.

Finished A Bridge Too Close earlier and thought it rocked

Only one's missing from the battle royale were

Blackarachnia and the Dinobots

So 3 of the Starscream clones are identifiable as nods to Skywarp, Thundercracker and Sunstorm, but how about the other two?

So, the two we didn't see this season from Derrick Wyatt's teaser montage are

Jetfire/Jetstorm

post-515-1214716012_thumb.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait till season 3

I'm gonna guess that Lockdown will play a part in recovering

Megatron and Starscreams head

from where the

spacebridge

transported them

I really hope they bring back

Omega Supreme

. His appearance was awesome but way too short.