Transformers Super Thread 7

So 3 of the Starscream clones are identifiable as nods to Skywarp, Thundercracker and Sunstorm, but how about the other two?

The white one was a homage to Ramjet... as for the female clone i don't have the slightest clue. :blink:

Any ideas?

I said I wasn't going to pick up the Voyager Prime, but when I saw him in person and that the "axe" is as close to an official trailer as we're going to get, I had to pick him up. They even call it a trailer on the packaging. It's a shame that it's probably the weakest part of the figure. In bot mode it's clear that this is the best representation of the character from the show. The coloring and build of the figure is just much better than that of the Prime from the two pack. The face plate gimmick is nifty, and the transformation is surprisingly cool and different. Everything just clicks together like it should. The spinning torso transformation doesn't work *quite* as well as intended, but it's neat that they tried because when it does work right, it's pretty cool. The only other negative is that the articulation isn't as good as the deluxe Primes. I can get the axe over the shoulder pose going with the deluxe Primes that the voyager unfortunately can't do. There's only two places the axe looks good. Either on his back for storage or upside down in his hand so the blade's on the ground.

I also picked up Prowl because of all the ^%@!@% pictures people are posting of him everywhere. What a neat and solid transformation. This is probably the best transformer motorcycle ever. They didn't need to put a working kickstand in, but they did. And the throwing star gimmick? Now that's how you do an integrated weapon.

And just finished the season ending episodes of Animated. Wow. This is really good writing and a very fun show. I can't believe the sheer number of fan wanks that actually further the story.

Omega Supreme?! I knew it was coming, but when it happened, I still squeeled. They've actually introduced a squadron of Seekers and made their origin unique and surprisingly cool.

If you had told me about all the fan wanks they were throwing in before this show started airing, there's no possible way I would have believed that they would have pulled it off without it being cheesy and groan inducing.

The way the season ended too. Just wow. All kinds of possibilities and they actually kind of explained why the Allspark "chose" Sari. "Sari, we need to talk." Heh. The only thing that sucked about the final episode is that the one I viewed had a voiceover promo so YTV could tell me "Pokemon was coming up next" during the end credits so I completely missed the final conversation. :( I could tell it was funny too just by the setup and who was involved, but I couldn't hear anything!

edit: spoiler tags

Edited by Alpha OTS

Picked up a Lugnut today and he's easily one of my favorites, although I'm finding that with Animated almost every toy is a favorite. Before I got him I thought the lack of functional hands would bug me, but he does have sort of a claw thing going on. If I really need him to have hands I found that the MP3 Soundwave hands plug into Lugnut's arms perfectly and even have ball-socket mobility. B))

I do find two minor faults with the toy: I think the staff weapon thing could have been done a little better, maybe without the automorphing feature. Mine must have something broken on the inside because the automorph doesn't work. Also the head appears to have light-piping but his big HAL eye almost looks like it's painted over. In any case no light gets through, which is a shame because he'd look really cool if it worked. I had to photoshop his eye in the following pic.

greens007eye.jpg

Edited by eriku

I do find two minor faults with the toy: I think the staff weapon thing could have been done a little better, maybe without the automorphing feature. Mine must have something broken on the inside because the automorph doesn't work.

Ok, well I guess mine wasn't a one off lemon then.

The automoph feature on his energy mace did not for for mine out of the box. Took it apart and fiddled with it for like an hour and still couldn't get it to activate the way the instructions described.

Got really annoyed with it and returned it to the collapsed position and put it back together.

Ok, well I guess mine wasn't a one off lemon then.

I took mine apart too because one of the panels was stuck in a sort of half-way out position and wouldn't fold up flush. I have no idea what the problem is, and I couldn't get it to work, but at least I was able to get the one panel flush with the rest of the tail section. I'm tempted to just glue all of the panels in place.

I bought it cause he's my favourite character. Normally I don't shell out this much money for something like this, but it is a custom.

Thundercracker Henkei is something that I wouldn't shell out that much money for.

Yet they came out with a pathetic repaint called Acid storm. <_<

Considering Henkei Thundercracker costs the same (more or less) as aussie retail for deluxes + shipping, eh, its not that much money. Sell some of your unwanted toys to buy him or something. That's what I did.

Acid Storm is pretty awesome considering he's a seeker representing a character from a G1 episode, and Hasbro paying tribute for a member of the fandom. I thought fans liked it when companies didn't act like faceless coporate entities?

Guest sh002

the constructicons need to be reissued to go along with omega supreme and trypticon needs to be reissued to go along with metroplex. i think that it will be inevitable. the animated figures are cool (although i don't collect them) but i just realized how many cool transformers figures are released or reissued through takaratomy alone.

Considering Henkei Thundercracker costs the same (more or less) as aussie retail for deluxes + shipping, eh, its not that much money. Sell some of your unwanted toys to buy him or something. That's what I did.

Acid Storm is pretty awesome considering he's a seeker representing a character from a G1 episode, and Hasbro paying tribute for a member of the fandom. I thought fans liked it when companies didn't act like faceless coporate entities?

Agreed. I was frightened when they first released previews of Animated around when the movie came out. So far, I've been nothing but impressed.

Guest sh002

just remembered that same company will be making the custom classics optimus trailer. it will probably have a lot of cool stuff inside. can't wait for that too.

I am wondering if there will be some isssues with the bots that are originally from cybertron and the newer bots created on Earth. Like tension between the two "races" i guess you would call them now. That would make for some pretty interesting stories later on down the line. Also I noticed there is a Autobot Elite Bumblebee. Is this a repaint or is this actually part of the story in the future? For those wondering there is a 3rd season. With all the new toys coming out we need to see who these people are. Who is Oil Slick and how good is he at his vehicle on vehicle combat? It talks about it on the box for the toy but we have yet to see it.

Guest sh002

this mp roller that will be put out by the same company will look great with my mp optimus and trailer too.

post-2880-1214936699_thumb.jpg

Guest sh002

if the price is good and the robot mode stays that way i just won't transform it so that i can at least have a roller for the mp trailer seeing as how the exclusive japanese roller was hard to get.

I finally watched the premier episode. I liked it alot! looking forward to the DVD release of the 1st season. Anyone know if/when s2 will hit DVD so I can catch up?

Chris

this mp roller that will be put out by the same company will look great with my mp optimus and trailer too.
That's *not* by Fans Project, the guys who are releasing the Magnus armour set. From what I recall, this Roller is by TF Club, the main chinese transformers community.

if the price is good and the robot mode stays that way i just won't transform it so that i can at least have a roller for the mp trailer seeing as how the exclusive japanese roller was hard to get.
Huh? What exclusive Japanese Roller? I've never heard of it. Edited by Fit For Natalie

I finally watched the premier episode. I liked it alot! looking forward to the DVD release of the 1st season. Anyone know if/when s2 will hit DVD so I can catch up?

Chris

Season 1 hits in August. No date for Season 2 yet but you can watch em on Youtube.

Guest sh002

weird i'm finally getting into watching the animated series. strange how i watched the season 3 finale first and then the first episodes. probably still won't get the toys though.

just preordered classics sideswipe and silverstreak from bbts. waiting for ironhide and ratchet to show up for preorder individually.

You know, after looking at the VA-3 pics from the 1/200 Yamato figure collection, I kinda realized that Lugnut's transformation is pretty similar, no? The whole wing mounts becoming the arms thing, legs becoming the fuselage. Even the shape, if it wasn't so bulbous...

And I kinda like how thin the whole fuselage looks... if only it weren't purple. Even all green like Bulkhead would have been nicer...

the upcoming transformers i'm excited for are mp thundercracker, henkei thundercracker, encore metroplex, encore minibots, city guardian, binaltech arcee, some of the classics, and this bad boy, the ultra magnus armor.

Nice, they should make an armor for Henkei Convoy like the one from TF-Master Force.

Just got a decently sized box of vintage G1 love today (something I haven't indulged myself in for a while now :lol:) and I've gotta say, Hun-Grrr just may be one of my favorite G1 figures of all time... I got a complete Terrorcon/Abominus set, and HG is really a killer fig... anyone who says all G1 toys were bricks needs to check this guy out. A-bom all combined is no slouch either.

Yup. Hun-Grrr rocks. Due to him, Abominus has knee AND hip articulation, so he has the best posability of any "standard" combiner.

PS--don't ever try to make Sinnertwin an arm. And Rippersnapper's head (robot) is quite fragile, be careful.

Thanks for the tip... I've got Sinnertwin and Blot as the legs (as god intended) and Rippersnapper and Curthroat as the arms, with Ripper being the gun arm, as he has lateral shoulder articulation due to his transformation... I'll make sure not to overdo it tho :lol:

I also got Blitzwing, Quake, and Skullcruncher... fun figs, but Blitz's toes have gone quite limp, so he's getting a serious nail-polish treatment, as there's no screw to tighten to fix it.