1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

DnD already explained he was speaking of the scalpers on ebay.

sometimes you get things cheaper on ebay... believe it or not. I got my Power Loader for $225 shipped when they go retail for $300 plus shipping. But it's ok... DnD has as much hate as I do, and that, I can appreciate.

sometimes you get things cheaper on ebay... believe it or not. I got my Power Loader for $225 shipped when they go retail for $300 plus shipping. But it's ok... DnD has as much hate as I do, and that, I can appreciate.

Totally~

If you're patient enough and have a knack for timing, ebay can be the most inexpensive (& decent) source.

Ebay has been very good to me so far.

* * * Knock on wood~

Edited by Nani?!

Wow! Just how many times did the 1/48 VF1S Focker version got reissued already? One of these valks would used to sell for more or less $150... and collectors would look out for cheaper than $150 each time Yamato reissues a 1/48 VF1S Focker.

So how does a little weathering (which isn't that impressive) and complete tampo printing (something they should already made standard for every valk they churn out long time ago) gonna make an over reissued valk / boring valk scheme more special? I want it but I don't need it. More money for something else until Yamato gets more creative.

huh.. well... it was either that or some deftech 1000s... I'm happy I went with the speakers.

Yeah, I was watching that stuff last night. I would rather get a regular Foker and have June do the weathering on it for that kind of $$.

Yeah, I was watching that stuff last night. I would rather get a regular Foker and have June do the weathering on it for that kind of $.

Yep...too much for me...I really can't believe it went for that. Must be one of those "completeists" or a "Focker Lover".

:ph34r:

going once...

going twice

SOLD!!!

for $461

1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

Yep, I put a last minute bid in for $451.00 and it told me I needed to enter at least $456.00. By the time I was able to enter my bid it showed the bidding had ended at $456.00. Interesting to see the final selling price at $461.00. Kind of glad I didn't win it though. Gives me some room to play catch up. Hopefully it will eventually become more readily available. Would love to have one of those shot glasses though. B))

Well, I hope that when these guys become available on the yamato online store, they differentiate somehow so the folks that are buying it for 2x retail will have some sort of way to console themselves. :|

Edited by eugimon

You know???? :wacko: Gotta lay off the spirits though. The one I was bidding on did end at $456.00 :angry: .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=015

Yeah....I would have to be SUPER PISSED (drunk) in order to bid that high on this guy.

Well, I hope that when these guys become available on the yamato online store, they differentiate somehow so the folks that are buying it for 2x retail will have some sort of way to console themselves. :|

Thats what I was thiking. I would be pissed if I paid $500 shipped and 4 months later they started going for $250 without any changes in packaging, shot glass etc.

I want one of these bad. I have every other 48 made and I am a Foker freak. But $500 is too much right now. I am betting the price will go down.

Imagine being one of these sellers though, THEY MADE A KILLING! Good for them.

its the people on ebay that drive up the prices and set the standard for the rest of the sellers.

way to go ebay bidders! good luck getting one a decent price now. :rolleyes:

True...

If the value of an object is determined by what someone is willing to pay and then someone who is obsessive (and rich) absolutely needs something at any cost, they drive up the "value" of that object. "Oh, well I saw these going for $450 on ebay, so that is what they are worth!".

Thats what I was thiking. I would be pissed if I paid $500 shipped and 4 months later they started going for $250 without any changes in packaging, shot glass etc.

I want one of these bad. I have every other 48 made and I am a Foker freak. But $500 is too much right now. I am betting the price will go down.

yeah, as much as I don't care for scalpers, I guess at the end of the day they're doing a service.

I have a feeling that you will get one Sqidd and that you will not have to pay that much for it. What you need is a contact in Japan who can get it for you when it goes on sale on the site.

I have a feeling that you will get one Sqidd and that you will not have to pay that much for it. What you need is a contact in Japan who can get it for you when it goes on sale on the site.

Yeah, but there is something sexy about having the show special. I need to get my hands of one of those :)

I agree that when it is "released" it won't be a big deal to get one though. I am sure Yamato will make as many as will sell.

Yeah, but there is something sexy about having the show special. I need to get my hands of one of those :)

I agree that when it is "released" it won't be a big deal to get one though. I am sure Yamato will make as many as will sell.

Go for it! Item number: 230227011479

a fool and his money will soon be parted....

theres a member here that had to win every LV1 auction that came up and single handedly drove the price up to $300+ within one months ltime.

so far, this release has surpassed it which means every single person(smart person) that lives in japan and collects macross will order a bunch of them, cleaning out the entire stock, then they'll sell it on ebay for $500, yay!

a fool and his money will soon be parted....

theres a member here that had to win every LV1 auction that came up and single handedly drove the price up to $300+ within one months ltime.

so far, this release has surpassed it which means every single person(smart person) that lives in japan and collects macross will order a bunch of them, cleaning out the entire stock, then they'll sell it on ebay for $500, yay!

You are SOOOOOOOO RIGHT. I am EXTREMELY happy I am not lookin to get one of these.

True...

If the value of an object is determined by what someone is willing to pay and then someone who is obsessive (and rich) absolutely needs something at any cost, they drive up the "value" of that object. "Oh, well I saw these going for $450 on ebay, so that is what they are worth!".

I don't think they're really worth the $500.00 buyers are willing to pay for them. It's simply the priciple of supply and demand for the moment. I really believe that when they are more pleniful the price will drop. If they continue to be hard to come by, the price will continue to go up. Right now, I just want one and depending on how much I have had to drink while Ebaying, I just might pay an astronomical price...but man what I wouldn't do for the shot glass!!! :blink: