Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

So would it be safe to say that without Gundam, we wouldn't have Macross?? It's kind of ironic how people are bashing Gundam when Kawamori himself is a fan.

!!! You mean to say it's ok to like both gundam and macross together?!?!

:lol:^_^:):p

Really though, who started this war against Gundam anyway??

You're basing your assumptions on the simplistic designs on who is the target market. Did you consider the price which is a more accurate basis on the target market?

You are missing the point entirely. The Macross 7 toys were targeted towards KIDS. There is no doubt that they were trying to make a quick buck when they reissued them at the higher price that Yamato was selling their 1/60 VF-1 a few years back. I never doubted that they were trying to make a quick buck the easy way that time by taking advantage of Macross remerging on store shelves. Yet, maybe their price was due to inflation? The toys in question have molds that were 6-7 years old. Maybe a limited production run? Who the hell knows. My point all this time was that they were originally designed for children.

It seems that the 1/72 battroid model they had in the pics is a good size. The 1/60 will be even bigger. This makes me happy.

Early breast fighter designs are really Gundamish IMO...

Yes. I think it's safe to think that Kawamori is a Gundam fan :)

And how about a new series as a 30th year anniversary of Gundam

GUNDAM - UNPREDICTABLE WAR (Against Macross) hehehehhehe

Edited by charger69

You are missing the point entirely. The Macross 7 toys were targeted towards KIDS. There is no doubt that they were trying to make a quick buck when they reissued them at the higher price that Yamato was selling their 1/60 VF-1 a few years back. I never doubted that they were trying to make a quick buck the easy way that time by taking advantage of Macross remerging on store shelves. Yet, maybe their price was due to inflation? The toys in question have molds that were 6-7 years old. Maybe a limited production run? Who the hell knows. My point all this time was that they were originally designed for children.

It seems that the 1/72 battroid model they had in the pics is a good size. The 1/60 will be even bigger. This makes me happy.

Uh the 1s release and reissues were the same price.

I don't think i'm missing the point because my argument is they were originally targetted towards COLLECTORS. I never even bothered to mention the reissues since AGAIN they were targetting collectors and the price was the same as the original release.

I'm using the price-range as an indication of the toys' target market whereas you are basing it solely on the toy's less than stellar design without factoring the price and where it is being sold. If M7 was truly for kids the toys should've appeared in toy departments of stores, toys r us, etc for wider distribution considering M7's popularity during that time. But fact is they were only released in specialty stores. No doubt that now even toys r us carry collector grade toys but that was then. I remembered when I was looking for a VF-19 toy when i was very young but can't find it in any of the major stores. (I did find other M7 merchandise though like the small non-transformable gashapon-sized figures of the VFs.) Finally located one in a smaller toy shop, but gave up hope since the price was way above my parents' budget. 16 years later i finally got one. B))

Another way to look at it is we should count Bandai's focus on Gundam as a blessing for Macross universe. If Bandai gave up Gundam and bought full right of the Macross brand we would have weird thing like G Gundam or failure like Gundam X under Macross brand. Well may be a kung-fu destroid base on Spartan is not that bad... :lol:

What? Kawamori wanted to make Macross BECAUSE he was a Gundam nerd. :(

I am well aware of that... it was him and Mikimoto that had that Gunsight 1 Gundam fan club thing going on in college. :)

Did someone mention the Hoary Froating Head?

Vostok 7

Dude! I didn't think you posted here anymore. You and AidinK (can't remember the exact spelling) put out some killer material with the Floating/Froating head especially back around the release of the Animeigo Macross DVD's and through out 2002. :)

Another way to look at it is we should count Bandai's focus on Gundam as a blessing for Macross universe. If Bandai gave up Gundam and bought full right of the Macross brand we would have weird thing like G Gundam or failure like Gundam X under Macross brand. Well may be a kung-fu destroid base on Spartan is not that bad... :lol:

Uhm you have seen Macross 7 right?...

:ph34r:

Dude! I didn't think you posted here anymore. You and AidinK (can't remember the exact spelling) put out some killer material with the Floating/Froating head especially back around the release of the Animeigo Macross DVD's and through out 2002. :)

:lol: Geez, has it been that long ago?

Vostok 7

Let's put this clear. Yamato makes MACROSS toys for adult collectors. Bandai makes MACROSS toys for kids.

They hopefully are changing their ways now though. Which means we might see other valkyries which they neglected in the past for the future like the stuff in macross 7 redone if we all knock on wood hard enough.

So why are the "yamato fanboys" unhappy?

What could happen is they never give up the license for macross F for others, and decide NOT to do other mecha which other companies are willing to do if they had the license so that's what I'm worried about. (ie like how we never saw the vf-22 that max and miria used in macross 7 or the black vf-22 that gamlin used in the mac 7 ova which is something I wish yamato could do but who can't due to no licence :( *sigh* It's the "sitting on the license but not making anything" that is the issue not that "they are not capable of quality" thing.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They hopefully are changing their ways now though. Which means we might see other valkyries which they neglected in the past for the future like the stuff in macross 7 redone if we all knock on wood hard enough.

So why are the "yamato fanboys" unhappy?

What could happen is they never give up the license for macross F for others, and decide NOT to do other mecha which other companies are willing to do if they had the license so that's what I'm worried about. (ie like how we never saw the vf-22 that max and miria used in macross 7 or the black vf-22 that gamlin used in the mac 7 ova which is something I wish yamato could do but who can't due to no licence :( *sigh* It's the "sitting on the license but not making anything" that is the issue not that "they are not capable of quality" thing.)

I say don't worry about the future. What's past is past. Enjoy what's actually coming out NOW. There's no use moaning and worrying yourself silly about what may or may not happen. Much of it is out of our control anyways. Besides, it's better to be optimistic. :D

Edited by Vifam7

More likely they would have offered him tea.

But more importantly, how the hell can you make that extrapolation from a handful of photos?

This is macross World, what else did you expect? :blink::lol:

Edited by NoSuchFile

I also posted this in the Frontier news thread.

There's an update of the official site blog about the toys and models:

皆さんこんにちは。

「マクロスF」商品情報などをお伝えしていきますバンダイのsato4と申します。

さてさて。

ワンダーフェスティバルで発表済ですが、バンダイからバルキリーVF-25を下記の3ラインで展開します。

・1/60スケール DX超合金

・1/72スケール プラモデル

・1/100スケール アクションフィギュア

いずれも価格・発売日とも未定ですが、このブログで進捗などを伝えていきたいと思います。

1万と2000年前から愛してる某作品に引き続き、河森正治総監督にはお世話になっているんですが、いや~河森さんは相変わらず天才です。

今回のバルキリーVF-25は今までにないカッコ良さ!

変形もプロポーションも完全再現すべく、ウチの開発担当者がバリバリ頑張っていますのでクオリティには期待していて下さい。

もちろん!バルキリー以外の商品展開にもご期待下さい。

Running it through bablefish we get:

Hello everyone.

"Macross F" and other information products to our customers to tell him and I am sato4 of Bandai.

Now.

Per WANDAFESUTIBARU announced, but the VF-25 BARUKIRI from Bandai to expand in the following three lines.

1 / 60 scale DX superalloy

1 / 72 scale plastic models

1 / 100 scale action figure

Both price and the release date is yet to be determined, such as progress in this blog and I want to tell you.

10,000 and 2,000 years ago from an undisclosed love you continue to work, the general director of Ha Masaharu Mori helped me be me, I will continue to Mori River genius.

The VF-25 BARUKIRI unprecedented parentheses is good!

Also reproduced its figure was completely deformed, UCHI development representative will be rooting so crisp quality and is expected to please.

Of course! BARUKIRI product development and non-please stay tuned.

Graham

Also reproduced its figure was completely deformed, UCHI development representative will be rooting so crisp quality and is expected to please.

Oh nose! The figure was completely deformed! :ph34r::lol:

Interesting news in any case. :)

Amazing how "perfect transformation" can become "completely deformed". ^_^

I wonder if the 1/100 will be transormable. The last line says that we should expect other figures too, not just the main valk. Which is cool, I was half thinking Bandai would just bring out the Chogokin and a couple of kits, and that would be it. GBP goodness..?

変形もプロポーションも完全再現すべく、ウチの開発担当者がバリバリ頑張っていますのでクオリティには期待していて下さい。

What's really said: "Our production staff is super hard at work in order to perfectly reproduce the transformation and proportions, so please look forward to the quality."

I think this is the part everybody should be paying close attention to:

10,000 and 2,000 years ago from an undisclosed love you continue to work, the general director of Ha Masaharu Mori helped me be me, I will continue to Mori River genius.