1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 2

just a little update after getting the VF-0, Stealth and er.... WoodWood Greeny valk :p

*pic removed*

404525[/snapback]

Awesome collection Toonz - thanks for sharing!!

:)

404802[/snapback]

Nice. Good variety, too. Can't help but be jealous. Even with a triple display cabinet, you still need to store your super 1/60's in penguin attacker mode to have enough space :lol:

Edited by Phren

Cool pics jenius!! Those were all Yamato 1/60 valkyries, correct?

I got the impression from the forums they were lame ... now I have to reconsider getting one ...

Oh no, I should have specified, those are all 1/60s with the exception of two pictures that are of a 1/48 VF-1S (one with strike parts).

Cool pics jenius!! Those were all Yamato 1/60 valkyries, correct?

I got the impression from the forums they were lame ... now I have to reconsider getting one ...

Oh no, I should have specified, those are all 1/60s with the exception of two pictures that are of a 1/48 VF-1S (one with strike parts).

407717[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification (as usual) jenius!

Much appreciated!

woow... i guess i got lots of catching up to do. Buy buy... wallet gone gone...  :D

408172[/snapback]

Tell me about it ....

:(

408302[/snapback]

Uh, yeah. I'm still sitting here with two (2) 1/48s. Here's Hikaru in crappy midnight basement lighting showing off Sempai's heatshield - Reminds me of the 1/55 strike box art :p . It's also canon if you count that animation error in DYRL after he blows up Bodolza.

hikaru1.jpg

hikaru2.jpg

Here is my current display. The room is a bit dark, so please excuse the inconvenience.

408356[/snapback]

you got a really nice set up there man, its not cluttered and everything has its own space to be enjoyed, really nice! :)

Here is my current display. The room is a bit dark, so please excuse the inconvenience.

408356[/snapback]

you got a really nice set up there man, its not cluttered and everything has its own space to be enjoyed, really nice! :)

408401[/snapback]

I agree, love the display cabinets!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really to me, cause traditionally u see rivets on all the hasegawa valks, and most jet models. So its kinda cool that the 1/48 was given a "model" look by adding the rivets. I was confused that the pic i was looking at was a model or the 1/48 at 1st.

Just wondering, how did they do the little rivets on to the valk?

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...hj-may-06-1.jpg

Did they drill little holes all over it?

411529[/snapback]

im trying to copy this look, but recently having too much on hands isn't helping, but well, i got myself a dot punch, so i'll have to see what i can come out with in future

Nerve racking? I would think that applying alllllllllllllllllll those little tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny decals would be FAR more annoying :blink:

BTW I think the rivets look cool, but peraps a bit overboard in spots... But that's what I like about Valkyries above ther 'mecha'; they're believeable enough to make the look work.

Edited by Phren

But don't usually rivets stick out of the armour and not actually holes in the armour? Cause those rivets look like they're sticking out.

Probably gotta ask the modelling folk bout this.

Nice picture, Ikii. Apply teh eyes on him. ;)

My latest UN Spacy recruitment poster featuring the VF-1J super stealth

VF1Jart12.jpg

413317[/snapback]

very nice but the faint shadow on the right looks odd since the sun is behind the Valk and the shadow is seen cast toward the viewer. just a thought.

edit : sp, tire now.

Edited by Macross73

Cross post from here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18562

Finally picked up a glass cabinet from Ikea to display my humble collection. Nothing rare or of particular interest other than perhaps my Transformable lego Optimus. I'm pretty pleased with the cabinet and plan on getting more.

Bigger Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CrazyCan...go/img_0665.jpg

collection.jpg

That is quite a collection Toonz! :blink:

Just one question where's the low viz 1 love?

404641[/snapback]

lowviz 1? sigh.....sigh......sigh......

i missed out on that one.... :(<_<

404713[/snapback]

Say WHAT!!! ;) . Arent you a retailer?