Since this about Star Wars, maybe somebody can answer this: When I saw Episode one, I remember a scene in which

R2-D2 fell off the landing pad on Coruscant and had to use his thrusters to get back on. However, that scene is not on

any tape or DVD of The Phantom Menace. Also in Episode 2, I remember during the battle at the end, several clone troopers riding speeder bikes, but now that scene is missing from the DVD as well. DOES ANYBODY ELSE REMEMBER

THOSE TWO SCENES, OR IS MY MEMORY GOING BAD?!! :blink:

Since this about Star Wars, maybe somebody can answer this: When I saw Episode one, I remember a scene in which

R2-D2 fell off the landing pad on Coruscant and had to use his thrusters to get back on. However, that scene is not on

any tape or DVD of The Phantom Menace. Also in Episode 2, I remember during the battle at the end, several clone troopers riding speeder bikes, but now that scene is missing from the DVD as well. DOES ANYBODY ELSE REMEMBER

THOSE TWO SCENES, OR IS MY MEMORY GOING BAD?!! :blink:

deleted scenes on both DVDs IIRC

Except for the High price of Blu-ray. If prices don't come down it may kill the format. When DVD's hit the market they weren't more expensive than VHS, yet Blu-rays seem to hold the $29.99 price! Definately keeping me from buying many.....and there are several movies and sets I want too, they're just too damn pricey. :( As is I only own 4 Blu-rays.

As for the season release on DVD or BR, Lucasfilm stated later this year. I'll see if I can find the link.

Chris

Edit: found the link. http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news_...ivided_dvd.html

Edited by Dobber

So will the season set contain those first four episodes, thus making the current DVD obsolete and uneccessary, or will it begin with episode 5, thus making it not truly the full season? I ask because Transformers Animated (I know, I know) did this. Episodes 1-3 of the series were released first on DVD under the guise of a 'movie' and then a couple of months later the season 1 set came out, which lacked the premier movie. If one wanted the full season they had to buy both DVDs and spend around $50 for what was only 16 episodes total. Yes, there is the technicality of the first three episodes being a 'movie', but the story arc isn't complete without them and they are essentially just part of the season.

I don't mean to sound like I'm griping or panicking, I just find it curious. I don't really care one way or the other because these days I just Netflix everything so I've long since put an end to DVD fleecing. :)

You know that's a really good question. I don't think they are far enough along, though, to know if the set will include the first 4. Hopefully they will.

Chris

Except for the High price of Blu-ray. If prices don't come down it may kill the format. When DVD's hit the market they weren't more expensive than VHS, yet Blu-rays seem to hold the $29.99 price! Definately keeping me from buying many.....and there are several movies and sets I want too, they're just too damn pricey. :( As is I only own 4 Blu-rays.

As for the season release on DVD or BR, Lucasfilm stated later this year. I'll see if I can find the link.

Chris

Edit: found the link. http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news_...ivided_dvd.html

My first 2 DVD purchases were Iria Zeiram The Animation OVA (1 disc) for $44.99, and Army of Darkness 2 disc LE (which apparnetly meant it was going to be re-released constantly later...) for close to the same price.

Other DVD's of the time were easily in the 24.99-27.99 price range, and remained so for at least 2-3 years. Bluray is pretty much on mark with that.

• 8 months later...

*casts thread ressurection-so-I-dont-need-to-make-a-new-one*

Hey,just thought id say that Season 1 complete dvd set is out now if you havent already noticed,I ahve to say i really enjoy this series,season 1 did have to work itself in but when it did it was quite awesome.

so far im impressed with season 2, that episode 'Landing at point rain' is one of the best ive seen so far

anyone else following the series?

Any time Anakin

force-chokes someone

, it's a good episode.

(Season 2 ep 8 spoiler)

Yes, I saw that episode and it was great!!!! Now I'm starting to wonder, is season 2 the second year of the clone wars?

From what I've read, the three years between "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" is the Clone Wars, so will each season represent each year? Also, season 2 appears to be darker in tone, so I can imagine season 3 being even darker, with Anakin already starting to show his "Vader" side with this latest episode. I hope I can get season one for Christmas, however I'm having a hard time finding it in stores, it must have sold out the first day it was released!!! ^_^

I got season 1 last weekend, enjoying it. I never got to watch much of the season which sucked, just bad timing. There are a few episodes I don't like, but it's view. Mostly cause they were played so many times on CN.

I have yet to watch season 2.....I'll check it out once I'm done with Season 1.

Got the 1st season, almost done and love it. I've started to collect more of the toys and it's been an enjoyably experience. I'm beginning to think that Star Wars lends itself better to television than to movies. I like this series better than the prequel trilogy. I'm glad to see more focus on the various clones and Jedis. Definitely cool seeing the Y-wing in action, and the series to me is much better than the animated movie from last year.

Some of my favorite episodes include Rookies, the Y-Wing assault on Malevolance episode, and the Talz episode. Can't forgot the Kit Fisto episode where he takes on Grievous and Nahdar Vebb dies, and the episode with Luminara and Ahsoka VS Ventress.

Now, if only Hasbro will finally tool up super articulated versions of Ventress, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Grievous, the regular battle droids, and of course, Ahsoka! She's 2 joints(ball elbows) away from being super articulated! I don't care if her forearms will look bigger and "break the sculpt" like adventure Padme(the one with the grapple launcher)!

The vehicles are great too, watching the series increased my desire to own them. Love the Y-Wing(which is surprisingly heavy) and AT TE

Just finished watching the bluray a little over a week ago, and I'm glad I didn't go with my initial impressins of the movie (liked it much better on my seperate viewing). I was definately impressed with the first season, but I think I'll wait for the second season to come out on bluray before watching it, since the broadcast aspect ratio is cropped.

I actually went back and watched the prequal trilogy, along with the Gendy Tartikovski CW, and these movies (aside from not being on bluray, wtf Lucas!) are aging pretty well. This series in general seems to fit in pretty well with the storyline of the GT Clone Wars, maybe at about after the second or 3rd section of the second volume.

The highlight so far is definately the no holds barred clone carnage.

Edited by Keith

Got the 1st season, almost done and love it. I've started to collect more of the toys and it's been an enjoyably experience. I'm beginning to think that Star Wars lends itself better to television than to movies. I like this series better than the prequel trilogy. I'm glad to see more focus on the various clones and Jedis. Definitely cool seeing the Y-wing in action, and the series to me is much better than the animated movie from last year.

Some of my favorite episodes include Rookies, the Y-Wing assault on Malevolance episode, and the Talz episode. Can't forgot the Kit Fisto episode where he takes on Grievous and Nahdar Vebb dies, and the episode with Luminara and Ahsoka VS Ventress.

Now, if only Hasbro will finally tool up super articulated versions of Ventress, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Grievous, the regular battle droids, and of course, Ahsoka! She's 2 joints(ball elbows) away from being super articulated! I don't care if her forearms will look bigger and "break the sculpt" like adventure Padme(the one with the grapple launcher)!

The vehicles are great too, watching the series increased my desire to own them. Love the Y-Wing(which is surprisingly heavy) and AT TE

I totally agree with you on all point's man! I was at first skeptical in my opinion of the series when first watching it... I didn't like the art style too much at first but the series was so deep and engaging that I could help but get sucked into it and finish the rest of the season.

That also got me into collecting alot of the prequel trilogy vehicles that I never really cared about at first when episode II and III came out. Overall I now appreciate the art style of the characters in the series and I do prefer the animated figures over the realistic legacy collection versions. The series just adds so much depth to the point that I actually care about what happens to the character's and plot line. I haven't seen much of season 2 yet but I hear it is going to be a alot darker than season 1 and will focus more on the climax of the clone wars and anakin's own personal dilemma.

My only gripe about the animated figures is that they tend to have less poseability than the legacy figures do but the look and style of the figures is great IMO.

Was the episode that aired this past friday a new episode? My freaking DVR didn't record it...(it seems to just decide not to record things sometimes) but when I checked the program guide it wasn't labled as NEW. Anyone know when they reair the epsiodes on CN? The last episode I saw was the one where they look for Luminara underground and are attack by the "Zombie" bugs.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 4 weeks later...

just watched the 2-parter and i must say,they were THE best episodes ive seen thus far, I enjoyed them so much and seeing Grevious getting the upper hand at one point was a nice change,using his sabers with some skill was also awesome to see. I loved the action was well placed and moved along very well.

the second parter on the planet was also excellent,the dialogue between rex and the clone with his family was great I really like stuff like that when he started to defend his house and famly from the busted up commando droids kind of 'night of the living dead-esque' lol was great. Grevious also was awesome in this part with his complaining battledroids that were loosing power,like a death march.

all in all fantastic episodes ^_^

i also have to add anakin coming out of hyperspace in the battle was awesome lol

Edited by Vepariga