The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

just finished reading Toy-Wave's post in the dealers announcement section he said it wouldn't be released until December...I guess that's a bad thing for those of us who were planning to buy a bunch of Christmas presents for our families :lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

The sooner the better for me! I've been dying to get a new Macross toy, and now I've got both this and the 1/48th scale GBP armour to look forward to!

Now if only Yamato would get around to a 1/48th scale perfect variable no parts removed VF-4 Lightning III!

I'll be getting a case. That'll do for now.

:blink: I'll get one for now

Relax, it's not as much as you think. Only four. I dearly hope that they wiul not release another variatn, which would be pointless. There is no other canon variant of the VB-6 in the Macross universe. Then again we ahd the Low viz VF-1....

Relax, it's not as much as you think. Only four. I dearly hope that they wiul not release another variatn, which would be pointless. There is no other canon variant of the VB-6 in the Macross universe. Then again we ahd the Low viz VF-1....

LOL I can see it now!

Limited Edition low number release: LOW VISIBILITY KOENIG MONSTER

Guy A: "What's that big gray flying boulder?"

Guy B: "I don't see anything, it's a clear sky"

Guy C: "That's no moon..."

Guy A: "OMG! IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"

Guy C: "Imperial walkers!"

Guy B:"hu-" *splat*

You can't see it because it's all low visibility like... :p

"Why'd you knock my Koenig Monster off the shelf honey?!"

"Because I couldn't see it! It blended in with all the other gray toys on the shelf!"

Okay, you an haul me away now... :p It's been a long semester.

LOL I can see it now!

Limited Edition low number release: LOW VISIBILITY KOENIG MONSTER

Guy A: "What's that big gray flying boulder?"

Guy B: "I don't see anything, it's a clear sky"

Guy C: "That's no moon..."

Guy A: "OMG! IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"

Guy C: "Imperial walkers!"

Guy B:"hu-" *splat*

You can't see it because it's all low visibility like... :p

"Why'd you knock my Koenig Monster off the shelf honey?!"

"Because I couldn't see it! It blended in with all the other gray toys on the shelf!"

Okay, you an haul me away now... :p It's been a long semester.

:lol: That's alright. But I hope it doesn't happen. Both the release of a LV VB-6 and my wife knockin one of my toys off the shelf.

Gotta remind myself to start plannin on a fully sick glass cabinet for these babies.

was told 'imminent'. :)

I'm intepreting it to mean within the next 2 weeks, they'll start shipping worldwide.

Hey bro;

i highly doubt so remember what happen to YF-19 with fast pack?? My local distributor said no shipment advice yet thus i dun think it will be that soon... and HK side have not confirmed anything yet most tendative date will be Jan.. that is my guess.. cause news are sealed tight nowadays...

HLJ now has the 'just in' tag against this item........ :blink: not marked as in stock, but i will be watching closely

That happens a lot with HLJ. When something is slated for the end of a month, it always goes to "Just In" status. When it doesn't arrive they update it to whatever the new date is, and goes back to "pre-order" mode.

*edit*  just noticed that's post #69 for me....can i just stay at that number?  :D

As long as you don't post anymore, you'll have nothing to worry about. You'll be a 69'er forever.

Right.....no more posts for me. Gonna stay right where I am.

*looks at posts number*

DOH!!!

Well crap.  I just bought another 11 valks (8 were VF-1S reissues.)  I am really hoping it will come in later in december.

so let me be the first to ask you this straight up....

are you a drug dealer? :p:D:lol:

Yes I am... er... no I am not. My lawyer said I shouldnt admit to anything. :blink::ph34r: hehehe...

No I am not a drug dealer but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. :lol::rolleyes: hey I am stocking up on VF-1S. Prolly four will go on ebay for $300 a piece in 3 months. Man this month is gonna hurt the walllet. :unsure:

Well crap.  I just bought another 11 valks (8 were VF-1S reissues.)  I am really hoping it will come in later in december.

so let me be the first to ask you this straight up....

are you a drug dealer? :p:D:lol:

Yes I am... er... no I am not. My lawyer said I shouldnt admit to anything. :blink::ph34r: hehehe...

No I am not a drug dealer but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. :lol::rolleyes: hey I am stocking up on VF-1S. Prolly four will go on ebay for $300 a piece in 3 months. Man this month is gonna hurt the walllet. :unsure:

So Godzilla, you're MW's Yamato 1/48 VF-1 King right now, huh? :D

THE SHOP TOLD me, the monster delay to the end of dec...

Which will then delay to the end of Jan, then to the end of Feb.

Evertime I go and drool at the pictures of the upcoming Koenig Monster I get concerned regarding one aspect of the toy...

Poseability in one major area.

Knees in robot mode: The toy appears to have no knees. :o

Also far less important but worth bringing up. Waist joint?

I will still probably buy it because it is so cool. These are not deal breakers but I sure would like the toy to be poseable for the cost.

What do you think?

Edited by robomatt

This thing about the knees is something which has bothered me ever since I looked at the lineart for the first time.

On the design, the legs do not seem to bend backwards at the knees. This design aspect appears to have been carried over to the toy design. Perhaps they do bend back, I hope so, but this may be a forward-bend deal only, like the Bandai VF-17 (which is weird anyway, because the lineart shows that it does not bend its legs forward like most Gerwalks, yet the toy legs can ONLY bend this way).

Lastly, yes, I too want die-cast. But recent Yamato toys have disappointed me in this area, and I do not have high hopes for this one.

I will get it anyway, though, since I've wanted this toy for years now.