New Robotech Series

GodMedia

:blink: Ok for real... are those photoshops you have done??

:blink:

Funny...but I don't have enough anime-lore to completely appreciate the joke. What are the sources? Those VF pics look too much like authentic dated cartoon art, yet they're too much like the real VF-1...

I never saw Sentinels, BTW.

I see that Keith has finally recieved his copy of Space Gandam V. Its a low-budget Korean animated movie that incorporates the VF-1J as the main hero's robot of choice.

:o

The universe is again in balance... for now

So its like Gundam and Macross and neither at the same time... and it's Korean? And... I'm confused.

Let me break it down.

Korean animated action movies like to use characters from popular animes without the consent of their creators. As far as I know, there are many Space Gandam movies each featuring a missmatch of different robots from different shows. This particular Space Gandam had a VF-1J as the main hero robot used to fight giant spider monsters. Another Space Gandam movie (IV or VI... I'm not quite sure) featured the Transformers design of Inferno as the main hero robot. These movies are generally just giant monster movie fare with familiar robots. They generally don't even try to incorporate any parts of the universe the robot was stolen from.

Another Space Gandam movie (IV or VI... I'm not quite sure) featured the Transformers design of Inferno as the main hero robot.

Straying off-topic somewhat...

This one is known as Phoenix King and was probably made just before the Transformers' toy line was launched in the US (after all, it's one thing to rip-off a Japanese cartoon, but quite another when it comes to US shows).

Phoenix King is actually available on DVD (in Germany of all places), and that disc does actually have an English-language soundtrack, presumably done by the original distributors (not by the Germans). Needless to say, it's dreadful, with almost nothing to recommend about it.

Funny thing is though, that the film itself is credited to a Hong Kong producer by the name of Joseph Lai. It seems that he "repackaged" quite a few of those Korean rip-offs and gave them an English soundtrack. It's something of a pity (and a blessing, no doubt) that he didn't dub Space Gandam V!

Unfortunately, it's not even remotely as fun as it should have been, and way too m uch time is spent with drowning at the beach & a dog chasing after a fat kid (that later pops up with a parody of boss borot).

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/14762.html

Looks like they're out of stock right now, but hopefully will get some more soon.

• 2 months later...

......You know.....I just don't really care anymore....this doesn't mean squat to anyone really....I mean they finished 1 episode of Robotech3K didn't they? So when this is actually out and about on TV or DVD, I'll make my judgement then.

clips from shadow chronicles? what is this?

Lame, thats what it is.

:lol: Agent, your to much. lol

but it's true :lol::D

Thanks guys!

What can I say.. I live for my fans.

Actually lameness and sissieness must bring out the best in me because my most unbelievely awesome posts are inspired by Rowboatech and M7.

As a true Mospeada fan I'm thrilled with what I've seen so far. I was a pretty hardcore Macross devotee until 7, that series turned me back to the RT franchise (praise the lord for M+ and M0 or I woulda thought Macross was a one shot wonder). Of course having seen the Sentinels I definitely have my doubts about original RT mech design. The inorganics were some of the most pitiful designs ever conceived. One thing you do have to love about that short Sents flick is the sheer number of people that get massacred; i hope the new series doesn't pussy-foot around death. I also hope it doesn't take us another 2 years for the series/OVA to come out...

C'mon you guys... they were just animatics... digital storyboarding and tests...

Why don't you save your comments for when it really sucks...  :lol:  :p  :lol:

Trust me, it has gone beyond that...

Yeah, whatever. As Exo said that footage is at such an early stage hating on it because of it's current merits is downright ridiculous. It will no doubt be lame, but saying that it's going to be lame based on those clips (opposed to HG's general half-assery) is just stupid fanboy whining.

If that stuff had a Macross logo on it you'd all be drooling over it.

C'mon you guys... they were just animatics... digital storyboarding and tests...

Why don't you save your comments for when it really sucks... :lol::p:lol:

I can't help it, the smartass comments just come to me... Its like devine inspiration or something... I am like Moses, I just do what I am led to do.

Did anyone else follow the link to the voltron promo? Now THAT looked lame. And that company is working on the new RT? I think it's safe to say that both franchises have sealed their own fates and are surely headed down the toilet.

Ah, but you are forgetting the teeming, unwashed masses that bought into, and slobbered over Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Inu Yasha, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, etc etc.

Methinks that the dumber a new RT or Voltron series would do great if only for the huddled ignorant masses.