Chance of a Phalanx AND a Spartan

ff95gj

Hmmm - not sure it will be a kit, unpainted. Does it say that?

If they indeed want us to get a (nother) Defender to steal the bottom from (which I would do, so there plan is brilliant), than they would have to mold it in the same color at least so the yellows match.

Getting something is better than nothing - hope they do a weathered version with missile launch effects too!

I'm in...

given that it says HDP resin on the advert that probably means unpainted, unassembled kit given Yamato's track record. and if they're going to mold it color they'd probably use the same tan as the tomahawk since that matches the official colors closest.

Also they can't really do a weathering version on an unpainted kit can they.

WOW. great strategy Yamato. You gotta hand it to them...LOL...so to get a Phalanx you're gonna drop $100 on another destroid and THEN have to pay for the HDP or whatever top---which I'm SURE they are gonna charge at LEAST $80-$100 for. SORRY---NOT GONNA HAPPEN.... :angry::angry::angry:

Yes, because having nothing at all is a much better situation

I noticed something in this pic I never have before.

The blue version way up top has the same head design as the brown. There seems to be several blue head variations in this screencap.

Thought the blue only had that one wacked out gord seen in the foreground.

destroid-phalanx-screencapture.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

For all of three people.

:(

There are already models to be had and if the Regult is any indicator it probably means no toy... Ever

I know you're dissapointed but again, as Renato said it's better than no Phalanx at all. The models are 1/72 and can't be posed with the other 1/60 destroids.

For the time being it's the only option. If Yamato determined that it will never see the light of day as a toy then there's not much to complain about.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I know you're dissapointed but again, as Renato said it's better than no Phalanx at all. The models are 1/72 and can't be posed with the other 1/60 destroids.

For the time being it's the only option. If Yamato determined that it will never see the light of day as a toy then there's not much to complain about.

I agree.

The models are 1/72 and can't be posed with the other 1/60 destroids.

I don't know about "can't", maybe they refused to... lol.

I was planning to make a conversion kit. But I'm glad they are making it. It'll save me some time and money. :D

I'm no economist but MANY signs are pointing to things about to get worse, not better.

For Yamato to spend the money on the steel molds and lose money even if times were good -- let alone what might be ahead in the next year or two -- would not be prudent.

Its not my first choice - but is certainly interesting.

If this is how they have to roll in order to get it out - or even a Spartan kit eventually - then that's how it has to be...

I know it's a pipe dream, but I was so hoping to get a 1:60 Monster. I know, I know.

I just assumed the other two Destroids would see a release date.

I guess I don't mind doing the model thing as long as it's not going to destroy me financially to get one (or two). And two, that these kits can be obtained easily.

The future looks grim for our 1:60 Destroids...

Edited by ae_productions

I know it's a pipe dream, but I was so hoping to get a 1:60 Monster. I know, I know.

I just assumed the other two Destroids would see a release date.

I guess I don't mind doing the model thing as long as it's not going to destroy me financially to get one (or two). And two, that these kits can be obtained easily.

The future looks grim for our 1:60 Destroids...

I remember seeing some info about 1/60 Montster being done in a show, maybe Yamatos' booth?

HW00MKII.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

For all of three people.

Er... Well... yeah, EXACTLY -- that's the point. That's how few people actually buy the destroid toys, and that's why Yamato decided that going through the trouble of manufacturing another shelf-warmer is not the most lucrative thing in the world. This kit is for the already hardcore people who want the Phalanx no matter what.

Er... Well... yeah, EXACTLY -- that's the point. That's how few people actually buy the destroid toys, and that's why Yamato decided that going through the trouble of manufacturing another shelf-warmer is not the most lucrative thing in the world. This kit is for the already hardcore people who want the Phalanx no matter what.

You know I would argue Yamato tested the waters with the Destroids people wanted the least. Maybe not so much with the Tomahawk, because I'm a fan of that one (and you get the Battletech bleed-over people as well) but... the Defender? I don't know anybody who's a BIG Defender fan or just HAD to have one. I already mentioned the Tomahawk having a small fan base though still not really that big, I know LOTS of people who love the Phalanx and I've never met anyone Macross or Robotech related who didn't absolutely want to own a Monster. Maybe Yamato didn't focus closely enough on the favorites? Especially the Monster, that's in it's own category really.