New RT:Invasion Info

Wes

Well. Any multiplayer is better than NONE, I'm glad they incorporated this into Invansion. But I'm sure it would have been MUCH better as a part of Battlecry's gameplay.

The vids didn't excite me that much, I wonder what's the deal behind that Alpha. I thought they weren't supposed to be playable. :ph34r:

man.. I can already spot the "plot twist"

Locke isn't the man he thinks he is... The soldier you play at the beginning died in the Invid labs... He's a stage 5 Invid, given amnesia to help infultrate the resistence...

Sound familar? :D

Still, looks really cool. I'll be gettin' it.

Locke isn't the man he thinks he is... The soldier you play at the beginning died in the Invid labs... He's a stage 5 Invid, given amnesia to help infultrate the resistence...

Sound familar? :D

Blegh, get in line. People on RT.com have been predicting THAT one since the game was announced :p

It's a trade-off, really. And besides, for those of us who properly worship the Cyclone as the coolest mecha in all of RT, this game will be a wet dream come to life :p

no way.... in all of RT? cyclones weren't even the coolest in the next next generation.. or whatever it was they called it....

VF's were/are the coolest... and I'm waiting for a hardcore flight sim... well, doesn't even have to be hardcore but at least as realistic/detailed as the freespace or the x-wing games.

It's a trade-off, really.  And besides, for those of us who properly worship the Cyclone as the coolest mecha in all of RT, this game will be a wet dream come to life :p

no way.... in all of RT? cyclones weren't even the coolest in the next next generation.. or whatever it was they called it....

VF's were/are the coolest... and I'm waiting for a hardcore flight sim... well, doesn't even have to be hardcore but at least as realistic/detailed as the freespace or the x-wing games.

cyclones were the coolest things in NG.

Sound familar?  :D

Blegh, get in line. People on RT.com have been predicting THAT one since the game was announced :p

haha, well, I guess I'll remedy my unoriginality by hanging out there, hmm?

I wouldn't want to steal any intellectual property from Robotech. :D

I always thought the motoroids from bubblegum crisis looked better then cyclones. I mean, your feet and calves have to stretch when transforming, that's gotta hurt. And I like hardsuits over the cyclone suits....

Is this alpha holding some sort of mace?  LoL!

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/...03052323624.jpg

yup... a mace.

now I agree, cyclones are cooler than alphas...

It took you that long to figure out?

Nothing tops powered armor on the cool scale except transforming powered armor .

meh.. depends on the power armour... if you were talking about the hardsuits and the bike link up then yeah.. those were very cool...

cyclones were kinda cool... but really limited fire power and range... the alpha/beta link up was way more cool.

but apparantly now the alphas run around with giant maces... makes them less cool IMO... I mean really, a mace? it's one step up from the piece of wood with a nail stuck in it.

1st video :

1st scene, the Mospeada transforms into robot mode at high speed, then slams into some sort of gun emplacement, and slides around it. IMO it should have knocked the Mospeada down.

2nd scene, Mospeada in robot mode shooting non canon double weapons. Hits a Shock Trooper, and it explodes, the pieces dissappear within 1 second. I hate that.

2nd video :

The guns used are non canon.

3rd video :

Guess you can take out any enemy by shooting it in the eye. No problem, but it looks too easy in the game.

Mospeada goes into "shadow" mode or something. Looks like a Predator effect. Non canon weapon used.

The enemies don't seem very dangerous. Just stand around getting shot, and don't come after you.

Nothing says "future" like good old medieval weaponry.

Looks fun. I'm definitely in. Screw the Alphas, I want the Cyclone/Power Armor to be as much fun as it should be.

Actually, they grabbed the idea for that mace from the RPG, which states that the Alpha fighters can also use a Gladiator's mace.

The gamemakers wanted to give some extra variety to the Alphas and thought that'd be a nice way of doing it.

And they used the Havok engine for more realistic physics, so driving the Cyclone around is a blast, especially to a 'bike head like me :)

Guess you can take out any enemy by shooting it in the eye. No problem, but it looks too easy in the game.

I just played the demo, and it's a lot tougher than it would seem. Besides, the Invid have a nasty habit of covering up their sensor eyes when you shoot at them :)

All in all, I had a blast playing that demo. Good fun.

Wow so October of THIS year is when it's coming out?  :o I think I may go to Gamestop tomorrow and put down a pre-order if that's official.

I suggest you put your money on a preorder of GTA San Andreas @ Gamestop rather than RT:Invasion because I suspect the price will go down in a few months after it's initial release (knock on wood :p ) or go on sale at Circuit City on launch day, let's say for $29.99.

Edited by gerwalk25

2nd scene, Mospeada in robot mode shooting non canon double weapons. Hits a Shock Trooper, and it explodes, the pieces dissappear within 1 second. I hate that.

Do you mean the Devastator?

devastator.gif

Its not so much that its not canon...its that its a pre-production design from Artmic Entertainment Bible #16.

As for the Shadow-effect...yea...thats supposed to be the Shadow Dancer Cyclone IIRC. I personally don't think they could get the Shadow-cloaking system that small....but a Shadow Cyclone has been a part of Robotech fandom for over a decade and a half. It originally appeared in Protoculture Addicts long ago.

vr-064.jpg

Eh....Im not hot about certain aspects of the game...but I'll take it more readily than I would another Macross game.

Got it on Preorder from Gamestop yesterday, price doesn't bug me one bit, I paid regular price I think which was 60 dollars, 70 or something for the "limited edition" they had for the first game, and I didn't think it was a waste at all.

I'll rent this when I get a chance or wait until it goes down in price. Looks like it could be fun.

There's so many games coming out that I'm more interested in the next few weeks/ months: NASCAR 2005, Gran Turismo 4, Berserk (import), MK Deception, Samurai Warriors expansion.