Team America: World Police

It's odd that Trey and Matt would parody Michael Moore like that when they are friends. Matt was even in Bowling for Columbine...

Anyway, I love the work of Trey and Matt so I'll definately be seeing this. It's always nice to see America lampooned. B))

Their original idea was to make a marionette production of "The Day After Tomorrow" and release it on the same day as the real film, which would have been the most hilarious thing ever. But of course the lawyers put a stop to that.

Its supposed to be a parody of action films, first and foremost, mostly making fun of Jerry Bruckheimer films. Expect also a puppet sex scene.

It will have a couple of songs that sound like they'll be hilarious:

"Team America..F@ck Yeah!" - their themesong!

"I'm Ronery" - sung by Kim Jong Il. :D

I think I'll have to go see this as well.

As for Matt and Trey "liking" Michael Moore it is irrellivant. The South Park boys have proven time and again that they attack all sides on an issue and somehow in the process (usually through the mouths of Stan or Kyle) give their own feelings on the matter. I myself love most of their parody as it is hard not to... the thing to remember, as they have said it themselves, is that all their movies and shows are designed so they can yell at america about issues. But unlike a lot of hardcore crazy partisan people they bash everyone equally. I think that is why I like them so much as they have most of my personal views.

Matt and Trey had a hilarious panel in San Diego where they showed clips of this movie. I'm glad they made it since the recent incarnation of the Thunderbirds doesn't ivolve the marionettes... and from the look of it, this has more action and explosions. The miniature sets are real nice to. It's the best production Ive seen involving puppets... (did somebody say puppets? :huh: ) At the end of the experience they said that they swore off working with puppets and decided that they will start working with humans again, which they swore off the last time they made a movie. But they did say that they want to keep doing South Park as long as they can and preffered it to all other projects...

I wish they made the Thunderbird movie like that...

This movie is a must see! But, does it worth the $11 Canadian dollars?  :huh:

You have half price matinees in Canada don't you?

Yes... small theartes still have matinees.

I almost forgot there is such thing as matinees.

The big theatres (Famous Player Silvercity) in Vancouver have the same price $10.95 for 24/7... and they got rid of matinees few months ago... :angry:

I wish they made the Thunderbird movie like that...

This movie is a must see! But, does it worth the $11 Canadian dollars?  :huh:

You have half price matinees in Canada don't you?

Yes... small theartes still have matinees.

I almost forgot there is such thing as matinees.

The big theatres (Famous Player Silvercity) in Vancouver have the same price $10.95 for 24/7... and they got rid of matinees few months ago... :angry:

Sounds like it's time to immigrate south to the land of matinee movies and all you can eat buffets. :D

No Schwarzenegger = Not a good movie.

This from the guy who just saw Anchorman?

Me perosnally, I've always liked Trey and Matt's stuff, most especially South Park. They basically remind you not to take stuff too seriously.

A1, you need to go and download the theme song from Orgazmo. Go right this very minute. Once you've heard it, you'll appreciate just how great this movie could be.

Trey parker = genius

What makes a man?

Is it the woman in his arms?

Just 'cause she has big titties

Or is the way

He fights everyday?

No, it's probably the titties

:lol::lol::lol:

I love this song almost as much as "Kyles Mom Is A Bitch" :)

A1, you need to go and download the theme song from Orgazmo. Go right this very minute. Once you've heard it, you'll appreciate just how great this movie could be.

Trey parker = genius

Well I am still at Heathrow, so I'll have to remember to do it later.

I guess thing could be good for a 'NON-Oak' movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Trey parker = genius

Could you link me?

Finally, a movie that kicks the crap out of Moore. The bastard.

-NOS

South Park, the last bastion of sanity

Some people are only swayed by fat guys with loud mouths that exaggerate everything to the extreme. So long as the right has Rush Limbaugh, the left needs Michael Moore to balance the loud fat guy thing out. Moore's funny at least.

I read somewhere that Paramount's a slight bit worried abotu the movie, as with the sex and violence, it's almost a guaranteed NC-17...

I read somewhere that Paramount's a slight bit worried abotu the movie, as with the sex and violence, it's almost a guaranteed NC-17...

Puppet sex, now that's a scary thought. :lol:

It's the first time in Hollywood, that you'll see boobs that came originally with the star.

Well... aside from Dennis Franz... :rolleyes:

Finally, a movie that kicks the crap out of Moore. The bastard.

-NOS

South Park, the last bastion of sanity

Some people are only swayed by fat guys with loud mouths that exaggerate everything to the extreme. So long as the right has Rush Limbaugh, the left needs Michael Moore to balance the loud fat guy thing out. Moore's funny at least.

HAHA, I just said the same thing to someone in my office.

Don't forget about the Dixie chicks and Ann Coulter.

Most people with any extreem position are pretty retarted.

Could you link me?

Would if I could. Try looking for "Now You're a Man" on your filesharing program of choice.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Check out this link: http://www.kilbot.net/writing/man.php

and in mp3 format here: http://www.spschat.com/RareMedia/NowYou'reAMan.htm

Funny.

Wouldn't be the first time. You may wish to investigate the early career of Peter Jackson (yep, that Peter Jackson).

British TV viewers also always did wonder about Troy Tempest and Marina, too... :rolleyes:

Edited by F-ZeroOne