Team America: World Police

At any rate, did any of you remember the phone number from the chick's business card? it was 1-800-555-#### and I know there was a 43 and another descending number sequence, like 76 or 10 but I didn't get it written down.

I wanted to call it, to see if there was a funny recording or something like the old number from Ghost-Busters.

anytihng with starting 555 is fake, they always use 555 in thw media

Well the movie is basically a big jab against the current administration.

You couldn't have been more wrong.

If anything it was in favor of the current administration.

I am expecting a lot of sissies on this board to start bashing this movie because they are all of a sudden pissed that it didn't push the "America is wrong" agenda...

i wouldnt say it was in favor of the current administration, how about:

"WEVE LOST OUR INTELLIGENCE! WE HAVE NO INTELLIGENCE!"

it just bashed everyone

I saw it today at lunch with my crew from work. I wanted to buy a drink but I'm sooooooo glad I didn't as it would have come out my nose. Funniest movie of the year, hands down.

... and for some reason during the puppet barfing bit I went from "eeewww" to "heh... heh heh" to almost crying laughing. Puppets puking, puppets getting blowed up real good and funky puppet boot knocking... what more could you ask for? B))

You couldn't be more wrong.

If anything, it was saying that you can be a patriot without believing the line of bullshit the right, or the left feeds you.

...It also says that Americans always screw poo up whenever we try to do something right, kind of like the Dirty Pair. :D

Perhaps it is just me but the movie's message that I caught was that you should not be a super hardcore kill-em-all pompous warmonger but at the same time you should not be a super panzy-ass rubber spined weenie. If anything the message was the same message that Trey and Matt have in a lot of their South Park episodes: see both sides for what they are and try to stay in the middle. The other thing I picked up from the movie (which sadly is more correct in America by the minute these days) is that for every hardcore kill-em-all pompous warmonger you have you need a super panzy-ass rubber spined weenie to balance out the equasion. If we were all hardcore nutjobs then you could easily see what the country would be like... and vice versa. The Dove needs the Hawk to protect it and the Hawk needs the Dove to keep it under control.

I am expecting a lot of sissies on this board to start bashing this movie because they are all of a sudden pissed that it didn't push the "America is wrong" agenda...

You guys should take me to the track because I can obviously predict the future.

actually, I believe you are wrong. :)

I went to see it in "The Peoples Republic of Berkeley California." So the theatre was full of weaklings and pussies that took time away from bitching about the current administration owes them a free lunch as a result of somehow being a victim of society, to see the movie. They were all in line talking about how the current administration was going to look so stupid in this movie, and how this is going to ensure a liberal win...

1/2 of the way through the movie, they must NOT have been in tune with their inner-groovieness or something because they all quit laughing... I was the ONLY one in the theatre laughing and I was being an a55hole about it... I looked like Deniro in Cape Fear.

At the end of the movie I thought the only thing that was missing was the "I'm George W Bush and I approve this message."

This movie should have been called "The GOP Strikes Back"

maybe spoiler?

at what point did it support the current administration? when team america valiantly destroyed world landmarks and left cities in ruins? just because they won in the end doesnt mean it was supporting them, the movie was clearly taking jabs at both sides, anyone who would assume the movie supports any side doesnt know how trey and matt work

Feeling the need to just be a jerk when I and my team went to see the movie it was at a 12:30 show (first show of the day) at a suburban theater on a monday of all days... sad but true: we were the only people in the theater and for some reason we laughed even harder because we had no fear of other people wondering what the hell our mental problem was. My throat was sore leaving the theater from laughing so hard. In some cases it was that you are surrouned by people laughing so you laugh even harder for some reason.

saw this movie in irvine california.. there were maybe 20 people in the theater and maybe 8 of us were laughing.

I was the ONLY one laughing in the theatre I was in, Cape Fear style... Like I said,I went to see it in "The Peoples Republic of Berkeley California." So the theatre was full of weaklings and pussies.

saw this movie in irvine california.. there were maybe 20 people in the theater and maybe 8 of us were laughing.

I was the ONLY one laughing in the theatre I was in, Cape Fear style... Like I said,I went to see it in "The Peoples Republic of Berkeley California." So the theatre was full of weaklings and pussies.

hahaha, I love berkeley... some guy wants to cut down an old tree.. hell, hunger strikes, protests, bloody mayhem.

some guy gasses 300,000 of his own people, starts wars with neighboring countries, lets his kids go around raping and maiming people at will, hunger strikes, protests and mayhem to protect HIM.

The Peoples Republic of Berkeley California." So the theatre was full of weaklings and pussies.

As opposed to the Peoples Republic of Lincoln Nebraska. So the theatre would be full of inbred hick white supremacists? :rolleyes:

You obviously don't understant the reference of "People's Republic."

And I've never been to Lincon Nebraska, but my GF lives in Berkeley, and the sterotype of that town is true.

Sterotypes exist for a reason.

And I've never been to Lincon Nebraska, but my GF lives in Berkeley, and the sterotype of that town is true.

Right, I'm sure that all of Berkeley is full of people that maintain the exact same viewpoint that is so threatening to you.

"sterotypes exist for a reason." You're arguing against yourself by citing a stereotype...or sterotype. Comedy gold. :p

Right, I'm sure that all of Berkeley is full of people that maintain the exact same viewpoint that is so threatening to you.

"sterotypes exist for a reason." You're arguing against yourself by citing a stereotype...or sterotype. Comedy gold. :p

I had never heard of any sterotype involving Lincon Nebraska. But if thats how you say it is.. That rumor came from somewhere.

I had never heard of any sterotype involving Lincon Nebraska. But if thats how you say it is.. That rumor came from somewhere.

I was hoping not to have to spell out the ironic point of that sarcastic post.

I haven't been there either. :p

Well there are some awesome people in Berkeley actually. ewilen lives there and he is a great guy, and of course I am there often and I exceed ALL benchmarks of awesomeness. BUT for the most part, yeah. The sterotype is true. Berkeley is full of weaklings and pussies.

I have a feeling you are either a weakling or a pussy, which is why you made issue with my post... Its ok dude. You can always just go to the gym and pump up. You don't need to be a girlie man!

I was hoping not to have to spell out the ironic point of that sarcastic post.

I haven't been there either. :p

To tell you the truth, I don't think Nebraska is really a racist place. I never went to Lincon, but I did drive through Nebraska once. If you want to see a racist place go to the middle east.

Well there are some awesome people in Berkeley actually. ewilen lives there and he is a great guy, and of course I am there often and I exceed ALL benchmarks of awesomeness. BUT for the most part, yeah. The sterotype is true. Berkeley is full of weaklings and pussies.

I have a feeling you are either a weakling or a pussy, which is why you made issue with my post... Its ok dude. You can always just go to the gym and pump up. You don't need to be a girlie man!

For the most part, huh? Well, I'm glad you can recognize your own ridiculous claims. Laugh-out-loud.

But seriously, you result to personal name calling. Boy howdy, that's some real class. The sum of your argument: "Berkeley is full of liberal pussies and if you question my logic, you are therefore also a pussy". Way to make a credible point. You should have your own show on Fox, perhaps.

Your own feelings of inadequacy and social rejection lend themselves to ridiculing those around you. You might consider some counseling to address that.

For the most part, huh? Well, I'm glad you can recognize your own ridiculous claims. Laugh-out-loud.

But seriously, you result to personal name calling. Boy howdy, that's some real class. The sum of your argument: "Berkeley is full of liberal pussies and if you question my logic, you are therefore also a pussy". Way to make a credible point. You should have your own show on Fox, perhaps.

Your own feelings of inadequacy and social rejection lend themselves to ridiculing those around you. You might consider some counseling to address that.

I don't see anywhere where I used the word "liberal."

Listen this kind of thing happens all the time to me.. You are just fighting your urges to admit to yourself that I am beautiful. Its ok man.

Gay and straight people all around the globe find me attractive, I am an equal opportunity sex symbol.

But seriously, you result to personal name calling. Boy howdy, that's some real class.

This from the guy with "Lucas raped my childhood" in his sig? Class, thy name is Majestic.

How anybody can seriously compare a movie they didn't like to something as vile as rape, I'll never comprehend. <_<

Listen this kind of thing happens all the time to me.. You are just fighting your urges to admit to yourself that I am beautiful. Its ok man.

Gay and straight people all around the globe find me attractive, I am an equal opportunity sex symbol.

Downright comedy gold. I'll have to tell my pregnant wife that I find you beautiful. She'll be amused.

You know, there's been several studies that homophobes have a strong tendency to be homosexual themselves, you might want to look into that.

I forget that I'm on the internet, where pedestrian "gay" humor abounds. "You disagree with my viewpoint, therefore you are GAY! ELOHELctrlalt!"

Good stuff sir! Were you on your college debate team?

This from the guy with "Lucas raped my childhood" in his sig? Class, thy name is Majestic.

How anybody can seriously compare a movie they didn't like to something as vile as rape, I'll never comprehend.

I'm a star wars fan. Look up the word "satire" and report back.

Downright comedy gold. I'll have to tell my pregnant wife that I find you beautiful. She'll be amused.

You know, there's been several studies that homophobes have a strong tendency to be homosexual themselves, you might want to look into that.

I forget that I'm on the internet, where pedestrian "gay" humor abounds. "You disagree with my viewpoint, therefore you are GAY! ELOHELctrlalt!"

Good stuff sir! Were you on your college debate team?

How am I homophobic? I live in SF amongst gay people... They lust after me... No big deal. Back when I was single I met more hot chicks through gay friends than anywhere else. Like I said, I'm an equal opportunity sex symbol.