Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

:p Sorry, the red didn't come out as good as I thought.

post-26-1119020454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

upcoming set 2. not sure when releasing.

Of course Stellar if frowning. :lol:

I got to watch Episode 34 lastnight, Shinn's got a bit of Heero in him...no surprise. But personally, Kira got what he deserved even if he's the hidden hero in a way.

Way to use the no kill policy against you...that's for damn sure.

I was hoping Athrun would take Meyrin with him. It's about time someone switched sides already. It's been long over do. Honestly I always thought she was a really under used character. Just to cute it seems. She seems better suited out of the military anyway and more with charaacters like Murrue and Milla and Lacus.

ep 34 still pisses me off. suddenly kira is acting like he did back at the start of Gundam Seed... acting like a rank amateur, not observing his oponent.. using the same flawed strategy over and over.. making a stupid mistake like not noticing the giant freaking sword coming at him.

I don't mind Kira losing... but I do mind him suddenly acting like an idiot.. it's sloppy writing and it makes me feel cheated somehow.

ep 34 still pisses me off. suddenly kira is acting like he did back at the start of Gundam Seed... acting like a rank amateur, not observing his oponent.. using the same flawed strategy over and over.. making a stupid mistake like not noticing the giant freaking sword coming at him.

I don't mind Kira losing...  but I do mind him suddenly acting like an idiot.. it's sloppy writing and it makes me feel cheated somehow.

What can you say? The storyline took a serious dump after about episode 10 or 11 I think. The whole Orb detour to me was like a big waste of time, and worse yet, instead of just playing it out, they dragged out that scenario over like a half the show.

All to bring back Kira and company. And in order to force that line of logic, they story became warped. Kira became all powerful, Athrun became a loser along with just about everyone else in order to push Shinn, and hell, Sting got killed by some nobodies. This is the same Sting that was kicking ass in the beginning, virtually raping and pillaging his way out of the PLANT. Then he got back to Earth, and I swear, for the sake of the storyline, he became totally useless along with Auel and Stella, but at least those two had memorable deaths. Sting? He was offed and there wasn't even a cockpit death scene like there was for the other druggies.

The payoff for that Orb story is just not there yet... and if the story keep going this way, they'll go back into Orb again, ZAFT will attack Orb, or some such thing, blah blah blah. Seriously, someone should've just nuked Orb, that would at least put the misery out of that part of the story. Although to be safe, they need to kill Cagalli too, cause otherwise, she'd just keep crying and whining.

Bottom line is, they seem to be making up the story line as it goes along. And whenever you see the spoiler on newtype or some other magazine, odds are it was probably just a week earlier when they finished that part of the story.

Edited by kalvasflam

So it seems like Athrun escapes in a Gouf then. At least Gouf is said at the end of the preview for 36. Now if the previews are saying Athrun goes SEED while escaping and damages Rey and Shinn, it just plays more into the whoel Athrun does better in mass produced suits then in Gundams. Which while nice to see is completely annoying.

As for Destiny's storyline taking a dive. Well after the first 7 episodes it did drop and hasn't really climb up I feel. It's more of a taking two steps forward and one step back with each episode. Sometimes one forward and three back. A lot of the episodes are pointless I feel since they never actually add anything to the actual plot or character development. Maybe 5 minutes might advance plot or character development while the rest is simply pointless eye candy it seems, just a reason to show mobile suits being destoryed and I can't stand that. The most important momens of episode 34 took place before the actual opening was shown I feel and that's just plain sad. :(

So it seems like Athrun escapes in a Gouf then. At least Gouf is said at the end of the preview for 36. Now if the previews are saying Athrun goes SEED while escaping and damages Rey and Shinn, it just plays more into the whoel Athrun does better in mass produced suits then in Gundams.  Which while nice to see  is completely annoying.

As for Destiny's storyline taking a dive. Well after the first 7 episodes it did drop and hasn't really climb up I feel. It's more of a taking two steps forward and one step back with each episode. Sometimes one forward and three back. A lot of the episodes are pointless I feel since they never actually add anything to the actual plot or character development. Maybe 5 minutes might advance plot or character development while the rest is simply pointless eye candy it seems, just a reason to show mobile suits being destoryed and I can't stand that.  The most important momens of episode 34 took place before the actual opening was shown I feel and that's just plain sad. :(

I think what it is more is Athrun is NOT used to transformable mobile suits. In Aegis, he rarely used the MA mode except to get somewhere fast, or take a shot with the big beam cannon. Other than that it was all mobile suit mode. He did very well in Justice. He used a Zaku to it's full potential. In the Saviour, he did well, but his transformations were kind of random. He could use it, just not that well by comparison. I-Justice will be exactly his kind of Gundam. That type of MS is tailored for him. He seems to do very well in close combat as well. Just not against Kira.

I think he would have done better if Dullindal just gave him a Gouf. Heine did just fine with his Gouf until he got stupid and turned his back to Stellar.

Meyrin has been an underused character, and some more development for her would be nice. That would also introduce a situation with the two sisters on different sides of the line. She also does look way better with her hair down.

I kind of like how they have the Orb commander in the seat Natarle used to have on the AA. They haven't even shown that pit since the AA reached Alaska in the first series.

Once again about Kira: He was too used to being King of the Hill. No one could handle Freedom, and he controlled any fight he was in with any number of mobile suits going after him. Shinn's closing the gap and actually presenting a CHALLENGE was not something Kira expected. Shinn gave Kira a nasty surprize. He underestimated Shinn's ability and Shinn scored the win.

Edited by Anubis

Once again about Kira: He was too used to being King of the Hill. No one could handle Freedom, and he controlled any fight he was in with any number of mobile suits going after him. Shinn's closing the gap and actually presenting a CHALLENGE was not something Kira expected. Shinn gave Kira a nasty surprize. He underestimated Shinn's ability and Shinn scored the win.

I don't think so... Kira is shown as being a superiour pilot now compared to the end of SEED... he has already shown he can handle multiple aces at the same time without a problem.. why would one pilot who strategy is little more than to charge in and block shots present such a challenge?

there's no reason kira would have been so frazzled by shin to act like such a newbie.

Once again about Kira:  He was too used to being King of the Hill.  No one could handle Freedom, and he controlled any fight he was in with any number of mobile suits going after him.  Shinn's closing the gap and actually presenting a CHALLENGE was not something Kira expected.  Shinn gave Kira a nasty surprize.  He underestimated Shinn's ability and Shinn scored the win.

I don't think so... Kira is shown as being a superiour pilot now compared to the end of SEED... he has already shown he can handle multiple aces at the same time without a problem.. why would one pilot who strategy is little more than to charge in and block shots present such a challenge?

there's no reason kira would have been so frazzled by shin to act like such a newbie.

Let's not just assume that Shinn got lucky. You have to remember that although he had training, prior to the theft of the three Gundams, he never saw actual combat. Having that experience makes a difference. Essentially, he went through what Kira went through in Seed, which is trial by fire. You don't know what his exact potentials are, no one does. Kira has gotten to a point where he isn't going to get much better.

Shinn is still learning and improving if you will. Look at progression, he couldn't take down any one of the stolen gundams when he started, but eventually he managed to kill Auel, and would have likely killed Stella in Destroy too if Neo hadn't stopped him.

It's plain wrong to just assume Kira is a better pilot regardless, it might be true at the moment, but that might change with time. There isn't any reason why he couldn't surpass Kira, and Kira had the better mobile suit when they fought. All the excuses doesn't really matter, he won that round. As long as he isn't too full of himself for killing Freedom, I think there is actually the chance that he'll be better than Kira as a pilot.

But with Shin's history I think he will become arrogant and let the killing of Freedom and the rewards for it go to his head. I believe his large ego will be his one true downfall as a character.

Seems like everybody is saying Shin needs to die at the end of the series, but personally I feel that Neo/Mwu needs to die. He "died" at the end of Seed, but with his "revival" and his actions afterwards I feel that the only way that Fuduka will have him be redemed is through his true death. Either that or he's going to become the Char of CE.

Mwu/Neo would make a lousy Char I think, he should never have come back. With Shinn I agree he is too arrogant. All because he has been coddled. Letting Stella go had very direct consequences, but he doesn't realize it. And Tali is doing a very poor job by not pushing the mistakes of his actions in his face, if he understood what he did and where he screwed up, then there would be hope.

I still say Shinn needs to run into a situation where he runs head first into another "Shinn" that he created, the thing that Athrun's been warning him about. It could be even a ZAFT pilot who lost someone in that sub-carrier during the Minerva's first mission of the war. That pilot could blame Shinn and try to get him killed on the battlefield.

I don't see how Mwu could be a Char. He's the only Destiny character I really like so I wouldn't want to see him die, but if he does, I think Ramius should go with him.

Uh, no he hasn't shown that. He's shown that against opponents of comparable skill and power that he struggles considerably.

The three EA Gundams in SEED gave him considerable trouble, and he suffered for the same reasons he lost to Shinn - he is at a disadvantage when he isn't dictating the battlefield and is attacked relentlessly.

But with Shin's history I think he will become arrogant and let the killing of Freedom and the rewards for it go to his head. I believe his large ego will be his one true downfall as a character.

Seems like everybody is saying Shin needs to die at the end of the series, but personally I feel that Neo/Mwu needs to die. He "died" at the end of Seed, but with his "revival" and his actions afterwards I feel that the only way that Fuduka will have him be redemed is through his true death. Either that or he's going to become the Char of CE.

Nah, killing Neo/Mwu again would be too much of a repeat. I say give him a gundam, and let him own somebody. Just let him live on as an outcast like Zechs in GW.

Nah, killing Neo/Mwu again would be too much of a repeat. I say give him a gundam, and let him own somebody. Just let him live on as an outcast like Zechs in GW.

Yeah I think that would be the best thing for him. Just have him and Ramius, pretty much "disappear" at the end.

Shinn doesn't need to die. He needs to be a vegatiative state for the rest of his life where he is consumed by the fact he did nothing right.

Freedom did not go boom. Kira was a bright boy and hit the escape button (see attached).

And Shinn needs more of those Bright-Noa-style "corrections". One ain't enough. One for every kill should do it.

post-26-1119120366_thumb.jpg

I noticed that aas well. Shin finally got the Bright Noa treatment. What he needs is the Wong (Zeta) treatment though.

Go Athrun. Finally I'm starting to like him. With him escaping next episode finally things are getting better with his character. I'm guessing Shinn, knowing that the pilot of Freedom was Athrun's friend was glad he "killed" and was bragging about it and insulting the Kira. That finally set Athrun off, still thinking Kira is death. Speaking ill of the dead is something you don't do. It was long over due but he needed to get beaten the way Camille got beaten by Wong.

The scene afterward, Athrun looks like he was ready to go all out. I think he would have won as well since Shinn seem to a raged, ready to go, due to how he gets angry but Athrun appeared angry as well but in more control.

The scene where Cagalli was feeding Kira was pretty awww. :) Which of the two is older anyway? Is she the big sister or little sister?

Edited by Effect

Go Athrun. Finally I'm starting to like him.

Why?

With this episode he's sunk so low it's pathetic. One out of control, tantrum induced non-effective sucker punch to a guy not expecting it, then he spends the rest of the episode sulking AGAIN after getting shut down by Rey.

He's become almost as worthless and undeserving of respect as Cagalli has been this entire series.

Shinn did nothing for Athrun to punch him. Shinn did his JOB and his assignmed mission. He took out Freedom which was exactly what he was supposed to do. Athrun is just pissed because Shinn downed Kira. So Athrun is wrong in this case technically. He just hit Shinn for doing his job.

I think people have said it before, although Shinn deserved to be knocked down a few pegs for his arrogance, what he got from Athrun was not really deserved. Athrun smacked Shinn for doing his job, and then almost bragging about how good he was... as a good ace pilot would do. You could make the argument that Shinn goaded Athrun into this with his little taunts, but that just shows how much control Athrun has lost. If someone didn't know the history, they would look at the scene and say: "look at that mad dog Zala, he hit his subordinate because Shinn accomplished something that Athrun could."

One weird thing though, it looks like Neo is getting close to being forgiven... what the hell is that about? It's like someone saying: "Hi, I orchestrated the killing of hundreds of people for no good reason, but I think that's because I didn't know who I was... so, all is forgiven, and can I be on your side now?"

Rey seem to be destined for villany, it's too bad I don't really care much about it. He is all bright and cheery on one side, and then goes and sulks because Dullindal doesn't call on him. LOSER.

Lastly, why did they bother showing Yzak and Deakka at all? For people who have made brief cameo appearences in GSD, their involvement seem rather pointless, actually, their involvement makes me want to say that the overall storyline is so weak that they have to get the old guys in to generate a buzz. I'm guessing we don't see them again for another five episodes... I wouldn't mind if we never see them again because they don't add anything to the story at all.

Edited by kalvasflam

Using the excuse that Shinn was only doing his job was not the reason Athrun punched him. Shinn gloated over his win with Athrun. Athrun was walking away as Shinn opened his big mouth. That's when Athrun turned around and "corrected" Shinn. Sure Shinn was doing his job, but his now inflated ego is now looking down on Athrun. That's arrogance. It was Shinn who walked up to Athrun and told him off. Athrun smacked the attitude, not the soldier. Even Rey, who only reinforces that attitude, pulled Shinn away and apologized for Shinn's attitude. Dullindal only reinforced that attitude by giving Shinn Destiny.

If someone "killed" your friend, gloated about it and rubbed it in your face, how would you feel? What Shinn got from Athrun, he didn't deserve that. He deserved something much worst than just a punch. Death would be an easy way out for Shinn. Shinn deserves to live but he needs to live with eternal guilt and suffering. Then, I would feel justified. :)

Yzak and Dearka were there because unlike the rest of ZAFT, they knew something was not right. Attacking LOGOS is a bad idea. Yzak and Dearka will probably join the Clyne faction but they'll do it by taking care of Dullindal or by taking care of those following Dullindal, IMO. They'll be useful at the end.

Edited by azrael

When you take down the FREEDOM, the king of the hill, the Gundam of Gundams, you deserve to brag about it. Shinn succeeded in his mission and took out a mobile suit that had a big advantage over him.

Shinn was well within his rights to step on that hangar floor, procaim himself as the shiznit, be worshipped by the crew cheifs, point at the wreckage of the Saviour and laugh at Athrun, then finally go see the Captain and collect his medal.

Like the Captain said, if he didn't want to see the Minerva blitz the AA and Freedom, Athrun should have stayed in his room.

Edited by Anubis

The thing is that Shinn knew full well that the pilot of the Freedom was a friend of Athrun. He knew how Athrun felt yet he went out of his way to get in Athrun's face while Athrun was turning around to leave, minding his own business, to brag in his face. Shinn started that knowing full well how Athrun felt before he even launched. Shinn basicly force Athrun to do that. Had Athrun walked up to Shinn after he got back and went up and hit him then I'd say Athrun was out of line but that isn't what happen at all. Shinn forced the confrontation between the two of them and paid for it and Athrun looked like he was ready to through down and I think he would have won had they not pulled the two back.

Shinn deserved what he got for simply being a pure grade A a-hole when he got back, not because he was doing what he was ordered to. He should have left Athrun alone when Athrun was actually leaving the hanger but he didn't do that. Shinn should have shown a little common decency and left him alone.

Someone also mentioned this on another forum. After the entire situation with Stellar, Shinn can't even seem to connect his situation with Athrun's. That never clicks with him at the least, not in anyway, shape or form.

If the rumor that Athrun is suppose to surprise both Rey and Shinn when they go after him after he escapes I hope that will leave a lasting impression on Shinn, especially if it looks like he's going to be in a Gouf while in SEED mode(from what was said in one of the previews I think).

Edited by Effect

If someone "killed" your friend, gloated about it and rubbed it in your face, how would you feel? What Shinn got from Athrun, he didn't deserve that. He deserved something much worst than just a punch. Death would be an easy way out for Shinn. Shinn deserves to live but he needs to live with eternal guilt and suffering. Then, I would feel justified. :)

Yzak and Dearka were there because unlike the rest of ZAFT, they knew something was not right. Attacking LOGOS is a bad idea. Yzak and Dearka will probably join the Clyne faction but they'll do it by taking care of Dullindal or by taking care of those following Dullindal, IMO. They'll be useful at the end.

I didn't say Shinn wasn't arrogant. But what I'm saying is that Athrun need to be mature enough to be above Shinn's little taunts. It was obvious he was doing it on purpose, and he succeeded.

To everyone else, Athrun look like a little mad dog. The smart thing he should've done is smile and said something intelligent that gets under Shinn's skin and walk away. May be: "so, you're trying to make up for all the deaths you caused when you handed Stella back to EA... too bad you can't bring back the dead, nice try though." Athrun also need to recognize that Shinn was quite a bit like him and be willing to find away to use that to his advantage, and may be guide him a little better, because he has been doing a damn poor job of it so far.

As for Yzak and Deakka, join Clyne faction, whatever... it's like paying lip service to the fans without really adding to the story line. If they put them back in a little more, as in a few minutes every episode, then may be you have something, but as it stands now, they don't add anything in my opinion.

Edited by kalvasflam

Uh, no he hasn't shown that. He's shown that against opponents of comparable skill and power that he struggles considerably.

The three EA Gundams in SEED gave him considerable trouble, and he suffered for the same reasons he lost to Shinn - he is at a disadvantage when he isn't dictating the battlefield and is attacked relentlessly.

hmm.. lets see, kira managed to take out stella without a problem.. he hit abyss without a problem and he handled neo without a problem, not to mention athrun and in seed he even took out Char (whatever they called him) even though char could do the newtype thing and read kira's moves.

it's just LAME how the shin versus kira fight went down. I don't care that Kira gets his ass handed to him and I don't care if shin is the new uber pilot... that fight just sucked.

I actually enjoyed the fight, it pretty much shows Kira wasnt in his A game. I liked the bright-noa style punishment athrun unleashed in ep35 even more, could have done that to shin 10 eps ago.. looks like the shits finally gonna hit the fan,and things are looking up. I look forward to SEED mode athrun dealing the pain in ep35 with a Gouf.

So I guess the Gouf Athrun takes would have been meant for Luna? Assuming there's now a new one on the Minerva.

Edit: stupid me. If Athrun took the Legend, then Impulse would have gone to Rey, and then Luna would still need a new Mobile Suit.

Edited by Anubis

mabie minerva is going to get somemore faith pilots or cannon fodder pilots?(they certinly have the space for it) ether way, we now know for rey going to end up with legend.

and now we need to see neo/mwu see AA underfire so he can remember and go back to being the man who makes the impossible possible, instead of being Reject Char clone B(yes i mean B, Athrun is Reject Char clone A,atleast in the begining of the series.)

Shinn was well within his rights to step on that hangar floor, procaim himself as the shiznit, be worshipped by the crew cheifs, point at the wreckage of the Saviour and laugh at Athrun, then finally go see the Captain and collect his medal.

That's his ego and his arrogance talking. And it's inflated to a point where even I would punched him. I've met a few people like that...and I would have punched them too if they gloated that much in my face.

But what I'm saying is that Athrun need to be mature enough to be above Shinn's little taunts. It was obvious he was doing it on purpose, and he succeeded.

Again, if someone did that to you, eventually he/she would hit the right buttons and even you would throw a punch. It's human nature. :) Even if Athrun uses Stellar as a comeback, Shinn will come back and say he was never charged with anything so that makes him (Shinn) right. As I said earlier, Shinn has never been told he was wrong. Everytime, he's had some justification that what he did was right. If you've never been told you were wrong, then you will think that all you ever do is right.

Someone also mentioned this on another forum. After the entire situation with Stellar, Shinn can't even seem to connect his situation with Athrun's. That never clicks with him at the least, not in anyway, shape or form.

What situation with Athrun? Of course, Shinn can't see beyond his own problems in the first place.

But what I'm saying is that Athrun need to be mature enough to be above Shinn's little taunts. It was obvious he was doing it on purpose, and he succeeded.

Again, if someone did that to you, eventually he/she would hit the right buttons and even you would throw a punch. It's human nature. :) Even if Athrun uses Stellar as a comeback, Shinn will come back and say he was never charged with anything so that makes him (Shinn) right. As I said earlier, Shinn has never been told he was wrong. Everytime, he's had some justification that what he did was right. If you've never been told you were wrong, then you will think that all you ever do is right.

We can go round and round on this... Athrun: "yeah, whatever, make up whatever excuses you want, you had a hand in killing all those ZAFT soldiers and innocent civilians, you know it... charges or not, so much for protecting the innocent eh? What are you going to do with your powers next, slaughter some innocent kids?"

Athrun is being silly, Shinn's buttons are much easier to push, but he lets himself be goaded and is too self absorbed to see the big picture. The point is, Athrun had the chance, and continues to have the chance to right things with Shinn, and be able to guide him. But he has too much pride and can't do it. Think about the jeep ride to see Dullindal, it shows up how petulant Athrun can be.

Jeeez....screw it...Athrun and Shin are both wrong and suck and well Cagali is the best pilot!

Ok I seriously dont believe my first line that but all this REPEATING is starting to give me a headache....

But on Athruns defense, I will say one thing. To Athrun, he just lost his best friend. HIS BEST FRIEND! Yes its a messed up thing Shin gloated. And if it was any other pilot Im sure Athrun wouldent care or might give him a lil lecture like "ok dont get too cocky and becareful" kinda crap. But Shin KNEW Freedom's pilot was a comrade of Athruns and gloated to his face. And well I pretty much see that as ASKING TO GET HIT! Athrun was trying to be the better person and started walking away but Shin went up to him, being the arrogant s***head that he is and did it. erggg....thats all Ima say about that. Now everyone go ahead and continue to disagree. Its what we do best...... <_<