Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

More info today:

Spoilers (or at least some of them are) highlight to view:

-In episode 38, ZAFT launches it's attack on LOGOS. However, the battle turns in favor of LOGOS.

-(Translation of the official entry on the Dom Trooper) Dom Trooper - An MS that brings a heavyweight style to mind. Its affiliation, country of manufacture, armament and other details are unknown though the use of a monoeye suggests a connection to suits like the Zaku Warrior and Gouf Ignited.

-Preview for Episode 35 reveals that the Dom is not directly made by ZAFT, but by the Clyne faction. Looks like a ZAFT suit, piloted by ZAFT pilots, but is not under control by ZAFT. Looks like the pink goddess was busy during those 2 years. Do they have a DRAGOON-style suit for Mu/Neo there as well? Cuz he could sure use one.

Whoa, I certainly didn't see that second part comming...

Damn that Skygrasper looks pretty damn nice, hell I'd be happy with just the Skygrasper.

Nice, that's like how Anaheim made mobile suits on the side for the AEUG.

If she is able to have Doms made on the side, maybe she also has Strike Freedom under construction.

Look at all the Goufs in the background on the flightline. :wub:

Edited by Anubis

This just goes back to my original theory that Dullindal was right to try to put down Lacus. He obviously knew that she has been assembling her own private army and probably threatening to take over PLANT. No wonder he tried to get rid of her. For the safety of PLANT, yeah, don't let that pink haired cuteness fool ya. She is pure EVIL.

;)

The new Doms belong to Lacus.  :lol:

This I have to see....

Battle of the babes,

Haro style Dom piloted by Lacus vs Pink Zaku piloted by Meer :lol:

The new Doms belong to Lacus.  :lol:

This I have to see....

Battle of the babes,

Haro style Dom piloted by Lacus vs Pink Zaku piloted by Meer :lol:

That would rock. Then after they total both suits they can get out and have an old fashioned cat fight.

Hrm looks like lacus wont be doing any MS "shopping" while at plant, but she has her own store of MS for everyone.:D

I didnt expect the doms to be clyne faction, this is good news. I hope the new "black trinity" arent a bunch of red necks, and do more than just get offed by an ace(Ie:i dont want darth shin offing them,and i dont want them to die a pointless death like the cute astray girls in seed) and pretty much spells out why Dilliundial would see Lacus as a threat. Goulfs and Doms, hopefully some Zaku warrior grunts,all under Clyne faction, thats some nasty stuff. also that says nearly without a doubt that IJ and SF are clyne faction produced MS. I wonder if she has a Minerva class Ship under her sleeve as well, since Eternal isnt exsactly geared for MS transport like AA and Minerva are. As far as i remember from SEED Eternal is specificaly made for Freedom and Justice. also while were at it i second the hope Mwu/Neo gets some sort of a DRAGOON syestem equipped MS.

on the subject of eternal, i wonder how much has been upgraded, since we havent exsactly gotten a good look at it.

As for the EA, now that theres logos out in the open, whats the point of even having them around in the story? hopefully logos gots some effective MS in there arsenal, Mass produced destroy's would be hella cool. along with that werid Spider MA that appeared in one ep. And damnit, lets hope logos's forces dont turn into another getting pwned by ZAFT cannon fodder. although from the spoilers, it doesnt seem like its gonna happen.:D

looking forward to ep34.

One thing that is REALLY high on my Wish List is a Godfather-like scene where most of the Logos guys get taken out by some of those coordinator assassins (like the ones that attacked Lacus).

Their military arm though is sure to be very well equipped, and put up a nasty fight. I would expect mass-production 2nd gen mobile armors very soon. What else could turn the fight against the Zaft force like the previews suggested. More Destroy-type Gundams would be nice too. That would be nice for something different. Any Gundams the EA actually makes in this show be like the Destroy. Normal-size Gundams by Zaft. That would be cool.

But have the actualy Logos GUYS be taken out in style. Godfather style.

Edited by Anubis

I second the notion of having the logos guys go out in a hit, godfather style. as for the EA/logos, i want to see some effective aces, i want to see an EA equivlant of freedom piloted by one of the aces backed up by Mass production destroys reaking havok upon happless ZAFT cannon fodder.:D

I'd like to see LOGOS get whacked by some ZAFT commandos while at the same time DaCosta leads Lacus's commandos to go whack Gilbert, and it'll be nice seeing them get blasted at the same time.

I wonder if Lacus went and loaded up the Kusanagi with DOMs too. That ship loaded to capacity with high end suits would certainly do some damage, especialy since it carries the most suits of the three ships.

Now that they're exposed I really want to see LOGOS take the straightjacket off and show Gilbert just who he's screwing with.

(OK so I'm a little biased towards Earth...)

post-26-1118477438.jpg

Just watched episode 34.....wow that was shocking,

spoiler...(highlight to read)

Freedom ends in a huge nuclear explosion after impaled by Impulse. The blast could also came from the Minerva tanhauser cannon which is fired at the same time to arc-angel. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I'd like to see LOGOS get whacked by some ZAFT commandos while at the same time DaCosta leads Lacus's commandos to go whack Gilbert, and it'll be nice seeing them get blasted at the same time.

I wonder if Lacus went and loaded up the Kusanagi with DOMs too. That ship loaded to capacity with high end suits would certainly do some damage, especialy since it carries the most suits of the three ships.

Now that they're exposed I really want to see LOGOS take the straightjacket off and show Gilbert just who he's screwing with.

Are we talking about the same commandoes that tried to kill a couple of kids and failed miserably?

Heh heh.

Somehow, I'm less than impressed with ZAFT special forces, special ed, may be... but not really special forces.

I do hope they have a few more druggies lined up for EA, because let's face it, the last group sucked major league. Heck, one of them got killed by a bunch of nobodies.

Episode 34....Wow, advantage Shinn.

Spoiler:

The Zaft forces are all over the AA after Talia tried to get the AA to give up. Shinn is after Freedom with everything he's got & finally nicks Freedom's shoulder with a nifty "shield bent beam" shot. Kira then slices of impulse's head, arms, & most of the force pac (in about a half a second). Minerva sends him a chest flyer & force pack then he's on the O' again. Kira loses his flying power & sides down a snowy hill towards the ocean. Shinn attack Kira with his beam saber at full speed but Freedom "pulls a duel", in which Shinn just detaches the 2 flyers & blasts off 1 of Freedom's wings. Shinn then gets the sword pack sent his way. Shinn uses the sword pack to surprise Kira and he nails Freedom's abdomen....

The AA retreats to the ocean as well & starts to dive. Minerva shoot its bow gun at it at the same time Freedom's NJC/nuke blows up & a massive explosion rocks everything. When the dust clears we see Shinn having an "excitement attack" saying "Stellar.............I..............did..............IT.........ahahahaaaa". It finally ends with Athrun going KIIIIIIRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Freedom it pieces on top of the ocean. C'mon Athrun, kick Shinn's ass & get out of dodge fast, the AA needs you! :D

Edited by Freedomatrix

Dam ep 34. I dont think an anime episode has PISSED me off so much in a long long time. Dam Shin and his good moves. Dam the Impulse. Dam Shin again. :angry:

As pissed as i still am....I still tink this episode was good. Though I hate to admit it, Shin is a really good pilot. :angry:

....Im just.....grhrhhrhrhr.....dam Shin.......

But on the other hand. Very very good moves by Shin. Well whatever. Cmon next week.....I really want to see Athrun beat da crap outa Shin. I hope he puts Shin in the hospital if he does! :angry:

Dam ep 34. I dont think an anime episode has PISSED me off so much in a long long time. Dam Shin and his good moves. Dam the Impulse. Dam Shin again. :angry:

As pissed as i still am....I still tink this episode was good. Though I hate to admit it, Shin is a really good pilot. :angry:

But on the other hand. Very very good moves by Shin. Well whatever. Cmon next week.....I really want to see Athrun beat da crap outa Shin. I hope he puts Shin in the hospital if he does! :angry:

Don't worry about it. Kira will just come back in S-Freedom. "Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Most people are hoping for Athrun vs. Shinn/Kira vs. Rey. Once Athrun gets I-Justice, then he can slice and dice Shinn. Muhahahahaha. :lol:

Dam ep 34. I dont think an anime episode has PISSED me off so much in a long long time. Dam Shin and his good moves. Dam the Impulse. Dam Shin again.  :angry: 

As pissed as i still am....I still tink this episode was good. Though I hate to admit it, Shin is a really good pilot.  :angry: 

But on the other hand. Very very good moves by Shin. Well whatever. Cmon next week.....I really want to see Athrun beat da crap outa Shin. I hope he puts Shin in the hospital if he does!  :angry:

Don't worry about it. Kira will just come back in S-Freedom. "Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Most people are hoping for Athrun vs. Shinn/Kira vs. Rey. Once Athrun gets I-Justice, then he can slice and dice Shinn. Muhahahahaha. :lol:

Yah I kno. I read your spoilers. But still it aggravates me!

And I think if I didnt read the spoilers, that I would think Kira died. So when Athrun screamed out "Kira" it didnt have much of an affect on me like it did on Nicol and Hiene.

Yah I am hoping for that big tag team match too. Shin will get he what he deserves. But that match seems so obvious. Kira vs Rey because of Kiras anti-funnel abilities. So far in the anime (not sure about Astray) Kira was the only one to take out funnels and defeat a Dragoon-System MS. I want Kira to kill Shin first. Or save Athrun by killing Shin and than Atrhun killing Rey while hes after Kira. Something like that would be nice.

I really must stop reading spoilers. Ok I refuse to read spoilers after ep 40 :p

IMO after 40 everything should be set for Zaft to be rocked by Testament & Shinn/Rey to have their stupid smiling asses handed to them by Kira/Athrun. GD that Shinn. He was hardly pwned by Kira's big boom & now he's gonna get Destiny in the next episode. I hope SF T-bone's that goofy looking turkey. Bah 34 eps & Shinn haven't even been completely pwned yet. Any char. that has this much success 2/3 of the way through the series has to get pwned or killed so his soul can finally rest or otherwise he'll just pull a Camille & go crazy. Either-or will settle me nicely but out of all these gundam series I never actually wish death upon a char. until now... :angry:

Wow, good tactics by Shinn, he really put his all into the fight. Kira, where's the passion man? But, it's nice that they set it up the way they did, Shinn gets a win, and Kira only half-loses.

BTW, what exactly can stop Athrun from leaving? I mean, don't FAITH members get to do anything they want? Besides that, he could just make some excuse up like, "um, I'm gonna step out for a bit, I'm gonna take this shuttle" and nobody on the ship but Talia can question that. Instead, he's probably going to make this big dramatic scene like, "f*ck this sh*t, I'm leaving, and I'm gonna come back and kill all you m*therf*ckers!"

BTW, what exactly can stop Athrun from leaving?  I mean, don't FAITH members get to do anything they want?  Besides that, he could just make some excuse up like, "um, I'm gonna step out for a bit, I'm gonna take this shuttle" and nobody on the ship but Talia can question that.  Instead, he's probably going to make this big dramatic scene like, "f*ck this sh*t, I'm leaving, and I'm gonna come back and kill all you m*therf*ckers!"

Well FAITH members are only under the command of the council and the chairman. So if I remember correctly, the Chairman assigned Athrun to Minerva so he pretty much has to stay there. So it seems.

Kinda like the way Hiene was like "I dont kno why the chairman assigned me to the Minerva with this many aces" or whatever he said. I wanna see more FAITH pilots damnit. I nominate whats his face, Yzak, to become one. Hes a good pilot and has a very good war record (both qualifications for FAITH). Dearkka should get one too but uhhhh he kinda defected in the previous war...

I hope in the last battle we see more of FAITH

One thing I just thought about, this might further push Kira Newtype abilities. He might not even need SEED-mode after this. :lol:

I think the Chairman puts people he thinks he can control in FAITH. He gave Athrun Saviour and Legend. Talia, Heine, probably more. Like his own Nazi SS. He probably thinks their nobody-vets. When you have poster-boy Athrun, then we have someone who stands out.

I don't think Athrun can just waltz out the door. He'll know what Dullindal is up to and they'll have guns pointed at him.

wow... this is crap. kira should have killed shin and just been done with it.

Kira will probably realize that Shinn is one of those people who deserve to be killed. He's very picky about who he kills. :D

Edited by azrael

I a so looking forward to this one. I've been waiting for Kira to get knocked off his perch.

Finally.

I do like the Atrun vs. Shinn and Kira vs. Rey. That would make sense actually. Especially with the increasing animosity between Shinn and Athrun.

BTW:

Edited by Anubis

I a so looking forward to this one. I've been waiting for Kira to get knocked off his perch.

Finally.

I do like the Atrun vs. Shinn and Kira vs. Rey. That would make sense actually. Especially with the increasing animosity between Shinn and Athrun.

BTW:

All things considered, I wouldn't mind seeing Athrun getting knocked around by Shinn. The reality is, Athrun has caught the Cagalli syndrom, whiney, indesicive, the only thing he hasn't done is crying his eyes out like a little girl.

It might be just me, but I don't have any sympathy left for any of the old Seed crew at all. I'm glad they were more or less getting their ass handed to them.

By the way, why does Shinn deserve to die again? Is it just because he put down Freedom? That's a lousy reason, Kira thinks I must kill Shinn because that's the only guy who has ever embarassed me?

Something about the openings has always bugged me, why does that scene with Rey and Neo have Gilbert in the background, is there anything behind that? Could it be that it was Gilbert who found Mwu and let Blue Cosmos have him for what ever reason? It certainly doesn't seem out of the question considering how he's been manipulating just about everyone.

Are we talking about the same commandoes that tried to kill a couple of kids and failed miserably?

Heh heh.

Somehow, I'm less than impressed with ZAFT special forces, special ed, may be... but not really special forces.

I do hope they have a few more druggies lined up for EA, because let's face it, the last group sucked major league. Heck, one of them got killed by a bunch of nobodies.

You mean the ones who went up against a couple of combat veterans and the Freedom and "failed miserably"? <_<

Though I wouldn't mind seeing another set of crackhead pilots like the first three guys. Hell since the Alliance is being painted as the bad guys I'd be happy with just as a squad of aces known for brutality.

No, I mean the ones who brought in half a dozen mobile suits from the start, and instead of just opening up with those MS in the beginning and blowing it into match wood, they all decide to run stupidly toward the house and wake up everyone in the process.

We must be talking about different commandos. As for combat vets, Ramius is a naval officer, and Andy was more of a pilot. Their jobs in life wasn't close quarter combat... so, they are presumably not trained to do this type of work, but had some limited experience due to their careers.

One would assume these guys going in are real special forces, who had the element of surprise (as in, no one knew five hours in advance they were going to show up). The real world equivalent here would be a navy captain, and a marine pilot (both of whom just woke up and are probably still groggy) going up against a dozen SEALs. The fact that they failed so miserably would be indicative of the fact that they probably are more like a bunch of amateurs than real commandos

Edited by kalvasflam

Something about the openings has always bugged me, why does that scene with Rey and Neo have Gilbert in the background, is there anything behind that? Could it be that it was Gilbert who found Mwu and let Blue Cosmos have him for what ever reason? It certainly doesn't seem out of the question considering how he's been manipulating just about everyone.

Possibly. We'll know soon though.

All things considered, I wouldn't mind seeing Athrun getting knocked around by Shinn.  The reality is, Athrun has caught the Cagalli syndrom, whiney, indesicive, the only thing he hasn't done is crying his eyes out like a little girl.

Ok so athrun hasent been really decisive. Maybe because the chairman was trying to control him by telling him things that favored himself. All the time the chairman has been making himself NOT look like an evil person to the whole world. Athrun lost his desiciveness after he had that chat with Kira and Cagali, when he first had his doubts about the chairman.

It might be just me, but I don't have any sympathy left for any of the old Seed crew at all.  I'm glad they were more or less getting their ass handed to them.

Old seed crew ass handed to them? You mean everyone AA and Athrun right? AA finally fighting a ship that can out gun it and when it only could launch one MS to fight many MS and another Gundam. That one pilot was going out of his way NOT to kill pilots. (by out of his way I mean purposely disabling the MS rather than destroying it) AA was trying ot leave the combat area (like always mind you) but had never had a ship like the Minerva on its tail. Freedom vs Impulse was Kira's fault for losing. But he had never faught a MS that can split up its body and/or order new body parts and "strike packs" so he was a lil overwhelmed and also concerned for AA. Shin was also using simulators to practice against Freedom. Kira really never dealt seriously with Impulse so he didnt have much of a chance to practice on it.

So is AA and Atrhun the old Seed crew you were refering to?

By the way, why does Shinn deserve to die again?  Is it just because he put down Freedom?  That's a lousy reason, Kira thinks I must kill Shinn because that's the only guy who has ever embarassed me?

I speak for myself for the fact of me wanting Shin to die is not because he put down Kira. Athrun stopped Kira once and I didnt want him to die. I want Shin dead because he thinks hes right when it was either his fault that the outcome ended up the way it did or was completely out of his control.

Case one: Shin lost his parents on Onogoro Island while trying ot get to the evacuation ship. It was MS crossfire and well someone missed, we dont know, though we think it was the Freedom's shots. But yet instead of accepting it for the way it happened, he blammed Attha for his "not choosing a side" decision. Maybe he doesent see what the circumstances were for ORB or didnt understand them since he was about what...13 or 14 years old?

Case two: Shin handed over the very sickly Stellar back to EAF. EAF then turned aorund and used her in their new prototype MS and destroyed ZAFT forces and the cities they were in. In the end Freedom destroyed the Destroy and that ended up killing Stellar. Now if Shin didnt hand back Stellar she wouldent be piloting it and mayeb he would have takin out the Destroy and not cared who the hell the pilot was. But he didnt know either that Neo couldent hold his promise even if he wanted to and Stellar be the pilot of Destroy. He didnt know that. But he was naive enough to believe that Neo would hold up his promise. Maybe his Naiveness comes from his youthfullness. Cant really say but who knows. Sounds rigth to me.

Case three: Shin having a grudge against Freedom and evenually defeating it. Well lets ignore its ininvetantly his fault Stellar is the pilot of Destroy. Ok Shin hates Freedom for takin out Destroy and killing Stellar. Destroy was a VERY powerful Mobile suit and was a grave danger to everyone around it. That should be obvious. But Shin was able to calm Stellar down and got thru to her. She stopped the Destroy's movements. She had a lil cute moment with Shin. Than something in her cockpit exploded (most likely some after effect of the Implulses slash to the cockpt area) and got her out of her calm state of mind she was in. She than looked at Freedom and remembered Freedom shot down Neo's windam and she saw it blow up. And she remembered Neo's words that Freedom was formiddable and that everyone would die if she didnt fight. So than she charges up her huge chest guns and thats when Kira attakced the chest guns themselves trying to prevent her form shooting while also trying to destroy or disable the Destroy. He did not go for the cockpit. He saw the Destroy was endanguring the city again and took his chance to nullify it. And Shin ends up blaming her death on Freedom because Kira did the RIGHT thing, but ignores the fact that it was his fault she was there and destroying the Destroy was the right thing to do, even with her in it.

Shin tends to ignore or forget about other things at the present time and thinks selfishly. Yes his parents died and yes Stellar died. But he does not see things from a broad point of view (so it seems) and quickly puts the blame on someone or something else, and not himself when it was somewhat his fault too. Shin is in Denial and figths with a rage. He is really the most dangerous pilot to me now. Kind of the way a certain apprentice became the most dangerous person under his master <_< Shin shouldent really die but learn form his mistakes and realize not everything is reallt the way he thinks it is. But I doubt he will ever realize that, and thats why I believe he should DIE!

Excuse my bad spelling of BIG words :unsure:

No, I mean the ones who brought in half a dozen mobile suits from the start, and instead of just opening up with those MS in the beginning and blowing it into match wood, they all decide to run stupidly toward the house and wake up everyone in the process. 

We must be talking about different commandos.  As for combat vets, Ramius is a naval officer, and Andy was more of a pilot.  Their jobs in life wasn't close quarter combat...  so, they are presumably not trained to do this type of work, but had some limited experience due to their careers.

One would assume these guys going in are real special forces, who had the element of surprise (as in, no one knew five hours in advance they were going to show up).  The real world equivalent here would be a navy captain, and a marine pilot (both of whom just woke up and are probably still groggy) going up against a dozen SEALs.  The fact that they failed so miserably would be indicative of the fact that they probably are more like a bunch of amateurs than real commandos

Well considering they were trying ot be covert about it they got out of their MS. And well yah they sucked tryign to kill them. And they escapped into their shelter. so it was pretty much "k screw it back to our MS" kinda thing. But yah I agree, those commandos sucked.

Edit: Dmanit I cant seem to spell corectly....

Edited by Legend of TSXer

As for combat vets, Ramius is a naval officer, and Andy was more of a pilot. Their jobs in life wasn't close quarter combat... so, they are presumably not trained to do this type of work, but had some limited experience due to their careers.

You seem to forget these people are wanted I don't think ZAFT and the Alliance looks kindly on desertion, especialy since they jacked each side's most advanced ship at the time. I'm sure they learned a few survival tricks.

Case one: Shin lost his parents on Onogoro Island while trying ot get to the evacuation ship. It was MS crossfire and well someone missed, we dont know, though we think it was the Freedom's shots. But yet instead of accepting it for the way it happened, he blammed Attha for his "not choosing a side" decision. Maybe he doesent see what the circumstances were for ORB or didnt understand them since he was about what...13 or 14 years old?

Case two: Shin handed over the very sickly Stellar back to EAF. EAF then turned aorund and used her in their new prototype MS and destroyed ZAFT forces and the cities they were in. In the end Freedom destroyed the Destroy and that ended up killing Stellar. Now if Shin didnt hand back Stellar she wouldent be piloting it and mayeb he would have takin out the Destroy and not cared who the hell the pilot was. But he didnt know either that Neo couldent hold his promise even if he wanted to and Stellar be the pilot of Destroy. He didnt know that. But he was naive enough to believe that Neo would hold up his promise. Maybe his Naiveness comes from his youthfullness. Cant really say but who knows. Sounds rigth to me.

Case three: Shin having a grudge against Freedom and evenually defeating it. Well lets ignore its ininvetantly his fault Stellar is the pilot of Destroy. Ok Shin hates Freedom for takin out Destroy and killing Stellar. Destroy was a VERY powerful Mobile suit and was a grave danger to everyone around it. That should be obvious. But Shin was able to calm Stellar down and got thru to her. She stopped the Destroy's movements. She had a lil cute moment with Shin. Than something in her cockpit exploded (most likely some after effect of the Implulses slash to the cockpt area) and got her out of her calm state of mind she was in. She than looked at Freedom and remembered Freedom shot down Neo's windam and she saw it blow up. And she remembered Neo's words that Freedom was formiddable and that everyone would die if she didnt fight. So than she charges up her huge chest guns and thats when Kira attakced the chest guns themselves trying to prevent her form shooting while also trying to destroy or disable the Destroy. He did not go for the cockpit. He saw the Destroy was endanguring the city again and took his chance to nullify it. And Shin ends up blaming her death on Freedom because Kira did the RIGHT thing, but ignores the fact that it was his fault she was there and destroying the Destroy was the right thing to do, even with her in it.

Shin tends to ignore or forget about other things at the present time and thinks selfishly. Yes his parents died and yes Stellar died. But he does not see things from a broad point of view (so it seems) and quickly puts the blame on someone or something else, and not himself when it was somewhat his fault too. Shin is in Denial and figths with a rage. He is really the most dangerous pilot to me now. Kind of the way a certain apprentice became the most dangerous person under his master  Shin shouldent really die but learn form his mistakes and realize not everything is reallt the way he thinks it is. But I doubt he will ever realize that, and thats why I believe he should DIE!

AMEN B)) Besides Fukuda is keeping the Gundam tradition & having his so-called protagonist get beat once in a while, but he's killing off those who are "evil". We don't really know whose evil in this series yet but I have my cash on Gill, Rey & Shinn so their fates should be pretty much sealed.

Edited by Freedomatrix