Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Since it's looking more and more like Neo is Mwu, that being the case he's likely to go with Ramius, leading me to wonder, what does this mean for the Girty Lue?

It just seems like they just forgot about a lot of people in space, the Girty Lue, Dearka and Yzak. I can't imagine a powerful ship like that just sitting in dock waiting for Neo to come back.

I hope neo is mwu, id be nice to see the man who made the impossible possible back in action.:D hopefully AA/Lacus do some additional mobile suit "shopping" for him,and we get an additional  late series funnel equipped mobile suit.:D

Speaking of mobile suits for Neo/Mwu, it took me awhile to get the shade of purple Mwu has on his flight suit, I went and made a "La Fllaga custom" Gunbarrel Strike.

post-26-1117690943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

Yup...don't plan to watch it....looks childish to me....just my opinion...no offense to fans. :rolleyes:

Now you need to see it, just so you can eat those words!

Gunota says that the bottom of this pic has text that confirms that Luna will be piloting the Impulse, though everyone has guessed that already.

post-26-1117824068_thumb.jpg

I wonder if that means that they'll actually put a few more MS on Minerva.

A few Zakus or may be Goufs... A ship like that having only four MS is kind of pathetic. The Orb carrier seem to have at least two dozen, and even the EA carrier seem to hold more.

Here are some more alternate synopsis for ep. 34 and 35 from AnimeSuki. (Spoilers, highlight to view)

PHASE-34 – Nightmare

Dullindal (Shuichi Ikeda) exposes the existence of LOGOS who lurk for all world and is behind the Earth Alliance and Blue Cosmos. Simultaneously, the Congress is mobilize and orders an overall attack. Furthermore, the Archangel who was hidden in underwater is pursued by the Minerva shocked by the unexpected orders. In order to slay his sworn enemy, Shinn is absorbed in the simulator with the help of Rey (Toshihiko Seki)...

PHASE-35 – Chaos Ahead

After an intense battle, Shinn (Kenichi Suzumura) finally slew Freedom. Kira (Souichiro Hoshi) sunk in the ocean and is barely rescued by Cagalli (Naomi Shindoh) but Freedom is severed damaged. Meanwhile, Shinn who beat the invincible enemy is praised by the Minerva, but Athrun (Akira Ishida) can’t hide the fury and knocks him down. And in every corner of the Earth, the people react to Dullindal’s speech and the opportunity to appropriate(could be validate) LOGOS is finally coming.

*Comments: Freedom didn't get destroyed....and their heading to ORB with Mu/Neo... Don't tell me he's gonna get another hand-me-down.

So Athrun actually gets mad when Shinn trashes Freedom, yet didn't have much to say when he got pwned by Kira. <_< Time for him to leave. As soon as the suppress the AA order comes, I would seriously hope that Athrun at least looks at ways to get back over to the AA. He doesn't even need permission being in Faith, he just needs a means of conveyance. He has no more purpose on the Minerva except to argue with Shinn.

I really cannot see Mu piloting the Freedom. There's no way that could be handed down. The OS would have to be replaced, and for that level of mobile suit I doubt the automated OS's are up to snuff, on top of it being a ZAFT design.

What I think may happen is that since the Freedom may just be severely damaged, maybe it's rebuilt into the Strike Freedom by Morgenrate after all. Then they might just adjust the ZGMF number painted on the suit to reflect the upgrade. Just hypothesizing.

Unless the Freedom simply ends up like Saviour: Not completely destroyed, but totalled beyond repair.

Not outright destroying the Freedom makes it easier to keep Kira alive, since we already have one bail-out master (Mu).

I agree that Mu will probably take over piloting Andy's Gold Murasame, after he thouroughly explains what he's been doing.

I don't care what anyone else says, the Sword Impulse is a thing of beauty.

Edited by Anubis

Hello, I'm Athrun Zala, I have no idea what I want. My friends are absolutely clueless, but because I don't know what I want, I'll just hang around my clueless friends and hope for the best. :wacko: Let's face it, Char Aznable, he ain't.

As far as Neo is concerned, he needs to die in light of what he has done. And that's another reason for Shinn to go after AA. After all, didn't Neo say he'd look after Stella? Well, he sure as hell did that....

I don't mind if Freedom gets destroyed, I hope that by the end of the series, they'll kill off at least one or two of the main characters. Preferably, not Shinn. Kira, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagalli, one of those four, preferably two of them need to bite the dust.

But I swear, they added those three murasame pilots to be killed at a convenient time later on just like those Astray girls. Need meaningful and impact characters to die. Athrun would be a prime character. Kind of like when Emma bought it at the end of Zeta. (no, I don't want Luna to die, but may be the sister....)

Edited by kalvasflam

Hello, I'm Athrun Zala, I have no idea what I want.  My friends are absolutely clueless, but because I don't know what I want, I'll just hang around my clueless friends and hope for the best.  :wacko:  Let's face it, Char Aznable, he ain't.

As far as Neo is concerned, he needs to die in light of what he has done.  And that's another reason for Shinn to go after AA.  After all, didn't Neo say he'd look after Stella?  Well, he sure as hell did that....

I don't mind if Freedom gets destroyed, I hope that by the end of the series, they'll kill off at least one or two of the main characters.  Preferably, not Shinn.  Kira, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagalli, one of those four, preferably two of them need to bite the dust.

I actually kind of agree with you. Especially about Athrun. He was ok in the beginning of the show, actually sort of likable, but now he's back to my not-so-favorable outlook I had of him from the first show.

Honestly, I don't know what excuse Mu is going to have, but there's no way it could be justified enough, and if the AA says, "Oh, OK. Welcome back, have a Murasame" without any real "why have you been the bad guy for 2 years", then there's a serious problem.

"Dullindal is planning something big" is no excuse either, but I have a feeling it'll be something along that line.

"The ends justify the means" are seeming to be the theme for this show. I can't wait to see the next episode to see how the Mu thing plays out. He better not touch a cockpit for a while though.

Edited by Anubis

Hopefully Mwu doesnt end up with the freedom hand me down, im all for the morgenrate upgrades freedom hypothosis. as for the OS issue if say Mwu did end up with the freedom hand me down, if the Red frame oav and Lowe's skill with astray red frame is any indecation im sure morgenrate/orb can come up with an OS that would let Mwu, especally considering his newtype ablities utilize freedom, sure not as well as kira did but still in quite the formidable state.

If Mwu is Mwu,i think fukada will go with the cheap deus-ex plot device of mwu just having his memories whiped clean, that way they can get mwu in the cockpit of andy's murasame on the asap, since Andy's prolly going to end up baby sitting lacus on eternal for the rest of the series. even tho this is likely,i still hope for a late series funnel equiped MS for Mwu.

As for the EA, i want to see mass produced distroy gundam's damnit, the ZAFT pwning everyone thing has to end. and like ive said previously,i think itd be damn cool if minvera and her crew turned "evil", as one thing you notice in the op's is a theme of duality, the AA encompasing one side, Minerva on the other. We already know athrun is going to defect, and shin is going to the darkside. Me thinks sadly Lunamaria is going to get offed in impulse.:(

Strike Freedom, other than the fact it name is stupid is starting to grow on me, as is I-justice. On the subject of freedom, even tho this is more suited to the Plamodel thread, what is the current best Model kit of freedom out there now? the MG or the 1/60 scale freedom kit(a upsided HG no doubt, like the 1/60 Non PG strike).

Why the bloody hell can't these stupid people just stay dead.

Mwu should've died, the only prayer now is that Neo is just a stupid clone. Although in a larger sense, that's stupid. May be Klueze wanted a son, so he had someone clone Mwu... ha ha....

Sword Impulse is the best VPS color by far, but blast & force are ugly as hell & I hope Luna only uses sword or re-phase force to look like sword cuz sword w/force pack is just too nice, especially with the MMMGQ :D

Athrun really needs to get out of Dodge faassst....

The end of Freedom leaves a big fat ????????? I really hope it can just RIP or be upgraded to SF; Mwu would be a fish out of water in that thing.

If Kira comes across Destiny in SF & Shinn tries something stupid, that ugly beast WILL end up being another Saviour, hopefully the fight would last alittle bit longer. (not to say that SF isn't ugly but it looks way better than that Destiny turkey :lol: )

I just love how the Tomino fanboys who do the reviews over at MAHQ piss and moan that there isn't anything original or new in the AU and constantly praise Tomino, yet they can predict what charcter dies and when. I don't know about any of you guys, but when I can predict who dies and when, well things aren't exactly new and original anymore.

I don't know why you feel the need to bash me specifically, but if you think I'm a 'Tomino fanboy' you're sorely mistaken. If you believe I constantly praise Tomino, then apparently you didn't read the ZZ reviews.

On the subject of originality, it's not usually a surprise in mecha shows when it's clear someone is going to die. That's obvious in the case of Hayao Kakizaki and Roy Focker in SDF Macross. Yeah, so Tomino likes to kill people in Victory, and you can see a lot of the deaths coming a mile away. Despite that, the story, characters and action are interesting. I don't have anything against AUs as you would suggest, but in regards to the SEED franchise it seems to just settle for grocery shopping UC. I like the concept of AUs and really want to see the concept explored, as it was in G, X and Turn A. Just rehashing the same old stuff from UC doesn't make something an AU.

I just love how the Tomino fanboys who do the reviews over at MAHQ piss and moan that there isn't anything original or new in the AU and constantly praise Tomino, yet they can predict what charcter dies and when. I don't know about any of you guys, but when I can predict who dies and when, well things aren't exactly new and original anymore.

I don't know why you feel the need to bash me specifically, but if you think I'm a 'Tomino fanboy' you're sorely mistaken. If you believe I constantly praise Tomino, then apparently you didn't read the ZZ reviews.

On the subject of originality, it's not usually a surprise in mecha shows when it's clear someone is going to die. That's obvious in the case of Hayao Kakizaki and Roy Focker in SDF Macross. Yeah, so Tomino likes to kill people in Victory, and you can see a lot of the deaths coming a mile away. Despite that, the story, characters and action are interesting. I don't have anything against AUs as you would suggest, but in regards to the SEED franchise it seems to just settle for grocery shopping UC. I like the concept of AUs and really want to see the concept explored, as it was in G, X and Turn A. Just rehashing the same old stuff from UC doesn't make something an AU.

Well you certainly do leave an impression here and there that you don't really care much for some of these AU. That is just what I get from reading them. No I didn't read the ZZ reviews, you've got a nice big site and honestly I just don't have the time to look at everything there.

I've seen parts of Victory and really didn't care much for it. Just seemed like he was just setting up one character to get whacked after another with a little time in between.

Seeing as how the director doesn't really care much for the whole newtype concept, I doubt he'd actually do anything in the favor of handing Mwu any mecha that would cater towards his newtype abilities. I think he'll just end up with a hand me down.

Well you certainly do leave an impression here and there that you don't really care much for some of these AU.

If by 'some' you mean Wing and SEED, then yes, but there's plenty of other AU's aside from them.

Well you certainly do leave an impression here and there that you don't really care much for some of these AU.

If by 'some' you mean Wing and SEED, then yes, but there's plenty of other AU's aside from them.

There are only X, Turn A and G, not exactly plenty if you ask me...

And I don't think we're even supposed to take G seriously to begin with. So that means about half you do not like.

Edited by Druna Skass

Its nice to know that Gill finally showed a bit of his true self. Declaring war on the LOGOS & BC is so stupid. LOGOS is only 8 guys that won't be easily found at all & the BC is everywhere. Oh well, soon zaft will just try to takeout earth & Shinn/Rey/Gill will be just another Zala/Raww.

And is it just me or does the AA up-coming lineup seems totally overpowered compared to the Minerva:

AA: Kira-SF, Athrun-IJ, Andy-GM, Muw-??, Cagalli-Just stay on the ship please!!! :lol: ,Yzak & Dearka-if the spoiler is true, 3 Masamue guys, Orb's resources, AA, Eternal.

Minerva: Shinn-Destiny, Rey-Legend, Luna-Impulse, Zaft resources, Minerva - That's it :huh:

The EA is dust right now so Gill has easy pickings on earth. The trump card is whether or not the Minerva will join the AA or not. If it does, Shinn & Rey most likely stay with Gill but if it doesn't then it'll be dust soon as well...

Hmmm, dullindal still hasn't shown anything. So, he edits out Freedom, I think he has a good reason for it. From his point of view, Blue Cosmos or whatever wasn't destroyed the last time, it was ok that GENSIS was stopped, but nobody bothered to finish off the moving force behind the last war, they stayed around to cause more problems, so he is going to finish the job.

Freedom and company are a threat because by not allowing ZAFT to put down all of BC, they're ensuring that all th crap that happened last time will happen again given time.

Meh....

As for why AA is so powerful, fine, let's take the entire ZAFT fleet against AA, eventually even they will fall. So, really, who cares.

Gill's true self is offense. Sure his war was based on defense for most of the series but when it comes down to it, seeing that much geocide would make anyone retaliate. However, getting rid of the BC would make the LOGOS powerless (a bunch of old guys with no one to control). As for the AA, sure the "entire" Zaft force could easily take them, but Gill is making them the Minerva's problem so they better get some more Zakus, Goufs, & Doms cause that fight won't end with one battle.

Dullindal is trying to eliminate the resistance. He's trying to create a unified body. Instead of all these little factions here and there, he's trying to united it all under 1 banner. The problem is, it's 1 banner under ZAFT. Instead of unified body made up of individual countries. Instead of making a Galatic Republic, it's becoming a Galactic Empire. He's doing it via a well concieved plan. Turn every one against the strongest faction, then gain control of everything without lifting a finger (no resistance). As a senator from Naboo said, "So this is how democracy ends, with a thunderous applause".

What will happen is, he will declare AA as part of LOGOS, i.e. the resistance. A ZAFT force including Minerva will be sent to "silence" the resistance. Someone on AnimeSuki mentioned that Dullindal is making Minerva into Archangel, the "Champions of Peace and Justice". This is a very good point. This is why he editted them out. He's making it look like Impulse and Minerva came in and stopped Destroy when it was actually Freedom and Archangel who saved lots of lives and stopped Destroy. ZAFT couldn't even touch Destroy and they were only there to clean-up the mess. And what better way to become the champions than to erase the true one. He already created his own Lacus.

Shinn believes Freedom is a loose cannon, which is bull. He wants revenge. Athrun sees the hate in Shinn's eyes. Shinn and Rey both admit that Freedom is too powerful (wait till they see IJ and SF....). Rey seems to be feeding that hate by agreeing with Shinn and saying that Freedom is not ZAFT so it should be controlled. Heck, Rey even mentioned Heine (who died by Stellar's hand). Looks like the Sith apprentice is making his own apprentice.... People are saying it should be Athrun who fight's Shinn in the end, not Kira. I like that idea. :) Maybe then the brat will get his ass out of his head. I would love it if Athrun uses all the beam blades of I-Justice and pulls a Kira on Destiny-ala-Saviour.

Concerning Mu/Neo... I think having someone fire their positron gun at Archangel should jog some memory. No phsycologist or any record of Mu is going to help him. Trama and 2 years of no contact with anybody from the 3-Ships Alliance...this is gonna take time.

Someone posted another synopsis of Episode 34 with something interesting in there to explain why Cagalli jumped (spoilers, highlight to read):

Dullindal's message was delievered throughout the universe. It has exposed the true enemy as the giant arms supplying organization "Logos", which had been behind many conflicts and wars, with the intend to expand and accelerate the conflicts.

The list of memeber of Logos has been exposed. On that list is someone with extensive ties to Orb, especially the Seiran Family. Cagalli was shaken by this revelation. Then the Archangel, intending to return to Orb, engages BuCUEs led by a ZAFT Lesseps class unit. Following behind them is Minerva, with the order from Fleet Command to exterminate (yes, this is the exact word) the ArchAngel.

Talia called for ArchAngel's surrender, but Murrue refused.

Right after the talks failed, Shinn stands proud and triumphantly in front of Freedom.

Edited by azrael

So what, they went with the "Mu has no memory" angle?

Does he only remembers his last 2 years as Neo?

Edited by Anubis

Does he only remembers his last 2 years as Neo?

Probably. Unless Neo is a clone.... When he was found, he probably had severe trama. Then 2 years as Neo....

I always wondered what it would be like to have seen Camille and Amuro at their prime going against each other. Personally, I'm more of a Camille fan.... having said this, Kira and Shinn don't really hold a candle in terms of their individual characters to either of aforementioned.

But it might be interesting to see them fight. I can understand how Shinn is pissed at Kira, and I think there is a good chance that if they had equal MS, Shinn can beat Kira.

As for Athrun, how the mighty has fallen, he might have made a great Char if he had even a percentage of Char's will and determination. But like Kira he is perpetually confused. Pick a side and stay with it... He should've been more sympathetic to Shinn with what he knew, and he sure should've been more diplomatic in how he dealt with Shinn. But oh well, in the end, Athrun is still just a little kid.

Finally, I did like one thing, Shinn knew how to hit nerves, he nailed Athrun but good with his little barbs.

BTW, Shinn and Rey aren't exactly wrong. From their point of view, every time Freedom and company intervened, Minerva and crew somehow suffered. It's very easy to see from Shinn's point of view that Freedom and AA needs to be stopped. Stella aside, they just have to think about the last two encounters with AA and company, both times they (ZAFT) suffered because of it. It's a rule for soldiers on the battlefield, you don't want to hurt neutrals if you can help it, but in the end, there are really only two sides to the fight.

Edited by kalvasflam

One thing I think they might be gearing up for (and I hope) is to really make the Minerva a Faith platform.

Talia is in Faith, Athrun and Heine are/were faith (though Athrun is going to leave and Heine is dead). Once the Freedom goes down, I would not be surprized if Faith badges showed up for Shinn, Rey, and Luna. Onec the big AA/Minerva rivaly continues after Dullindal's campaign starts, I would also not be surprized to see Dullindal station the rest of the Faith pilots on the Minerva, or at least more of them. That's a lot of Aces making for a badass compliment on the Minerva. Who want's to wager the Dom pilots are Faith? New Black trinity. Having the 3 Gundams (Impulse, Destiny, Legend) + more Goufs, and some Doms would make for a real headache, even if the AA gets filled up with the pilots listed a few posts ago. Having the Minerva filled up with Faith pilots would make the Minerva quite a match for anything the AA could be carrying. Also, let's not forget Rey is now going to be decked out with funnels, which means he's going to tear it up. While Shinn battles with Kira in what is sure to be multiple engagements, Rey is going to hack everything else up. I do forsee Luna not making it though. She looks like the next to go. Maybe after she hooks up with Shinn, further throwing Shinn to the darkside.

Edited by Anubis

I do forsee Luna not making it though.  She looks like the next to go.  Maybe after she hooks up with Shinn, further throwing Shinn to the darkside.

Really...? The way I figure it she will probably side with Athrun, but if shes in the Impulse she cant take it to AA. But somehow I still think she will side with Athrun. She has some doubts in Dullindal, when she spied on Athrun and learned of "the real lacus" so I kinda think she will help or save Athrun. Hell maybe she dies doing it......I really hope she doesent <_<

The Impulse seems no less compatable with the AA than any other mobile suit. I guess it just depends on the charging plug for the Impulse if there is one. Just because Impulse is launched in 3-4 peices on the Minevra doesn't mean it has to be.

I think the Archangel and Minerva would be evenly matched now. In terms of exprience Talia is catching up to Ramius (though I bet if Natarle was still alive Minerva would have been scrap by now). Minvera has Rey, Shinn, and Luna to match against Archangel's Mwu and Kira. Lets not forget these two guys kept Archangel safe from four Gundams and Mwu only had his mobile armor. The add in what ever FAITH people get assigned to Minerva, and if the spoilers are true, then I'm sure Athrun, Dearka, and Yzak can deal with those guys, then there's also the Murasames who did take out Chaos, and if Cagali pulls her head out of her ass, another effective pilot.