Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

6bd781fb2da197e774772f39d0d1b31f.jpg  :lol:

That's great. Wonder how that would look with the white uniform. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

I checked out screenshots from 33 at Gundam Seed Net while I wait for the fansub to come in, and found this awesome shot.

post-26-1118068944_thumb.jpg

Close up to his face: Hatred and sorrow all in one.

post-26-1118069002_thumb.jpg

This one was just priceless.

post-26-1118069030_thumb.jpg

They finally showed the girl form the end credits. Hope these guys come into play again soon.

post-26-1118069117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

They finally showed the girl form the end credits. Hope these guys come into play again soon.

The girl is Shiho. She's in the Astray mangas. Concerning Yzak's group, I have a feeling they will play a roll at the end. I have a feeling they will be the ones who bring Dullindal to justice (like the Clyne faction or anybody else can get close to PLANT). But that's just a feeling.

Talk about an unflattering picture of Shiho, she looks more like a man in that shot.

Well she is a bit of a tomboy, her pic on the box for the DEEP ARMS has her wearing trousers and not a skirt.

As for Djibirl, man looks like that guy is literaly sh!tting a brick. :lol:

Is it just me or does that guy behind Dearka's right shoulder look exactly like Laguna from FFVIII?

Edited by Druna Skass

Looks like we've come back to the first set of artists for Gundam SEED.

Sony Music Online Japan announces that T.M. Revolution will be doing the 4th opening song for Gundam SEED DESTINY, "vestige". The tune will be paired with TMR's "crosswise", the theme song for the PS2 Capcom game "Sengoku Basara", and go on sale August 10th. Shinseido Shopping Site says the single will come with a Heine Westenfluss character ID card. "vestige" is referred to there as a "medium ballad".

In addition, in December, T.M. Revolution will release a "request self-cover best album". Which is to say, an album of his own songs redone by himself with the songs chosen by fans through filling out a form that comes with the above single.

TM Revolution doing the opening and See-Saw doing the ending. No samples yet.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I guess it works:

Are they going to animate Astray?

Besides for promotional reasons, probably not.

TM Revolution doing the opening and See-Saw doing the ending. No samples yet.

I guess thats a nice way to wrap it up.

The circle is now complete.

After watching ep 33, and nothing happening, I'm wondering if they're gonna finish this series decently. The pacing is killing me, action one episode, filler the next. Don't they know they're running out of episodes? When I think about it, I usually watch a series when it's complete, not week by week. So maybe that's the reason it seems slow to me.

Well this episode is necessary I think, considering it sets up the fall of the LOGOS, advancement of Durandill's agenda, and the Kira versus Shinn fight. Granted there should have been less filler episodes earlier on and this should have come sooner, but oh well.

After watching ep 33, and nothing happening,

Uh, were you completely not paying attention or something?

That was probably one of the more important and eventful episodes theres been in some time, unless you consider "nothing happening" to be "no action".

wasn't it said that the director changed how mwu died in the SEED compilation movies? so now we don't really know what happend to mwu, sorta like he just went missing for a while or something like that...can't think right now...drank a few beers and can't think correctly...thank god i learned how to touch type :p

wasn't it said that the director changed how mwu died in the SEED compilation movies? so now we don't really know what happend to mwu, sorta like he just went missing for a while or something like that...can't think right now...drank a few beers and can't think correctly...thank god i learned how to touch type :p

Correct. In the compilation movies, the shot of the Archangel and the debris from Strike Gundam was edited to remove Mwu's damaged helmet (which, incidently, only had a really cracked up visor..) from the shot, to leave it amgibious.

She looks nice (the best SEED character design) far better than that Lunamaria chick.

She kind of reminds me of Motoko from Love Hina.

Guess I need to actually read the Astray mangas I have. They're up to Astray R #2 so far. Is she in there by then or later? Is she nice or a hothead?

Two things that the "filler" episodes did manage to have: First, the Orb arc, which I'm guess will have a bigger implication later when the AA returns to Orb.

Second, fitting in with Dullindal's agenda, and highlighted during the video feed Dullindal showed: The Minerva spread a lot of goodwill toward Zaft since they left Carpentaria. Shinn rescued that one town that was basically enslaved by the EA, the Minerva took out the base with the Lohengreen gate, freeing that town. The footage prominently showed those people cheering and celebrating in front of the trimuphant Impulse and Saviour Gundams. The area surrounding the small port base the Minverva was parked at during the orb arc was happy to have Zaft there, as Zaft booted the EA from there before the Minerva even arrived. Now, Eusasia is praising Zaft for destroying the monster the EA sicced on them. Expect the Eurasian region to break away and sign a treaty with Zaft this time. Just like the EA was soliciting signatures to rally against plant when the war started, the opposite is happening now. The EA has bullied nations around, and now several places will be looking at Zaft for a better solution.

Dullindal is doing within a few years what took Palpatine more than 20 to set up. The man is awesome. Wether he's doing what he's doing for good reasons or not, the guy rocks. Hearing all the people on the video start shouting "Dullindal-Dullinidal-Dullindal" was a surprize. They love him.

No one seemed to care on the Minerva that the Freedom was edited out either except Athrun. He really needs to leave. NOW.

The ep preview has me eager for the next episode. Minerva coming from around the mountain head to head with the AA, and Shinn starting his fight with the Freedom. Looks like he studies the Freedom's data quite well.

Edited by Anubis

Upcoming episodes time!

(Edit: Added Animage spoilers)

From Newtype, yeh they're pretty light on the info... (ep 34-38) (Thanks to the kids at Animesuki for the translation)

34 Nightmare

ZAFT now identifies the ArchAngel unquestionly as "enemy".

Minerva is ordered to join the operation to take it down, and Shinn becomes excited because of the chance to pursuit Freedom.

35 Before the Chaos

The people were inspired by Dullindal's speech, and Logos members around the Global are being attacked. On the other hand, a severly damaged ArchAngel heads for Orb.

36 Flight of Athrun

Shinn was given the newest Mobile Suit, "Destiny", by Dullindall.

Athrun also was given the newest "Legend", but Athrun felt strongly uncomfortable with Dullindal's ideology.

37 Darkness of Thunder

After escaping from Minerva, Athrun was pursued by Shinn and Rey.

However, Shinn hesitates on the idea of raising his guns on Athrun.

At the same moment, Dullindall begain a new huge campaign against the EAF.

38 A New Flag

ZAFT, along with those volunteer from the EAF, is closing in on the headquarter of Logos, "Heaven's Base".

Animage versions:

34 Nightmare

Effected by Dullindal's broadcast, PLANT, Orb, as well as ArchAngel are on the move. As all the commotion by the countries revolving around Plant, Minerva is given a mission.

35 Before the Chaos

After the intense battle, Shinn returns to Minerva. He was welcomed by Lunamaria. Laughing and talking, Athrun was angered by Shinn's attitude and grabbed him by the collar, but was then warned by Rey.

36 Flight of Athrun

While Shinn adores the words of Dullindal, Athrun agrees it to be correct but nonetheless uncomfortable with it. After knowing the true reason behind his uncomfortableness as well as Dullindall's intentions, Athrun makes a decision.

37 Darkness of Thunder

Athrun is being pursued by Shinn and Rey. By the cunning strategy of Rey and Dullindall, Shinn now sides completely with Dullindal, and is on the way to pursue Athrun!

Comments: No sign of IJ or SF....Guess we have to wait till the 40s before they come. Is it me, but if Shinn hesitates to shot Athrun, is that RotJ-stage of Darth Shinn coming out now? :lol: All they need to do now is give Mu/Neo a decent MS. So, is Rey Count dooku? :lol:

Character descriptions:

Eternal Faction

Murrue Ramius - Arch Captain

Andrew Waldfeld - Cosmic Tiger

Miriallia Haww - Journalist's Eyes

Cagalli Yula Athha - Crying Leo

Lacus Clyne - Singing Prayer

Kira Yamato - Strike and Freedom

Athrun Zala - Justice Flies Again

ZAFT

Shinn Asuka - Ignited Red

Athrun Zala - Stray Violet

Luramaria Hawke - Tough Rouge

Meer Campbell - False Pink

Meyrin Hawke - Cute Green

Heine Westenfluss - Infinity Orange

Rey Za Burrel - Royal Gold

Gilbert Dullindal - King Black

Talia Gladys - Striking White

Yzak Joule - Proud Silver

Dearka Elsman - Sincere Brown

Phantom Pain

Stellar Loussier - Innocent Gaia

Sting Oakley - Memory of Chaos

Auel Neider - Extend Abyss

Neo Lorrnoke - Masked Phantom

Lord Djibril - Lord of the Logos

When Gundam Ace or one of the hobby magazines come out, we should get some more meat.

And the Dom Trooper! (all the way at the bottom <_< )

http://img213.echo.cx/img213/9540/111814655519hd.jpg

Edited by azrael

Damn, the Dom went to the Gym. It looks badass.

I'm lost with this storyline. So what if LOGOS is revealed as the real enemy? They have been building up Djibril and his cohorts as a-holes the whole time anyways, so why should the audience care if they are revealed? Why are Kira and Athrun disturbed by this revelation? Is anything Dulindall has been saying completely a lie? From what has been shown throughout the series of the Blue Cosmos and Djibril, it does look like they should be wiped out. Even if Dulindall is bad too, it's like having two bad factions go at each other like Neo Zeon versus the Titans, so why should the viewer care who wins or loses? If the only reason why Kira and Athrun are disturbed is the mass chaos and destruction that will ensue, I can't see why they can't see that pacifism isn't exactly spreading throughout their whole world and whatever this is building towards will continue to happen irregardless of their feelings.

If they are going the route of making Dulindall to be some sort of Palpatine, I also can't see the problem from that point of view. It would be different if there were more revelations like Dulindall oppressing people or having rebels supressed to establish him as having evil intentions, but as is his character is too ambiguous. Damn you, Fukuda.

The one episode where Dullindal was remembering his past and stuff seemed to point toward his doing whater it is he's doing with good intentions. Change things for the better. His opinions definately did not match with Crueset's, in fact they seemed to enjoy the debate. He also didn't predict Lacus's "defection". It seems he had planned to use her originally, but her leaving Plant put a wrench in that idea, so he went with plan B and found Meer.

Time will tell. Could be either way still.

Seems to me like he might be pulling a Treize, playing his necessary role in order to reach the end goal of ending wars for good. Some bad things have to happen, but in the proper sequence the end result can eventually be reached. I'm sure in the next few episodes we get a better glimpse.

The EA has been shown to be asses as well this time around, and yes, the logos guys do need to be dealt with in any case.

I would very much suspect that the Azraial guy in the list (however he was spelled) is the father of the BC's former psycho leader. Cabal stuff like that tends to run in the family, and how else would a whiny nutjob like Azrael be made head of a group like the BC? The spelling could be another Engrish error.

Edited by Anubis

I'm lost with this storyline.  So what if LOGOS is revealed as the real enemy?  They have been building up Djibril and his cohorts as a-holes the whole time anyways, so why should the audience care if they are revealed?

It's really not us that LOGOS is being revealed to. It's the people in the story.

Why are Kira and Athrun disturbed by this revelation?

It's not peace through mutual agreement. It's peace through the eyes of one man, not the collective. (Note that this might differ as we have yet to go through the remaining episodes). He is turning the world against LOGOS. Many parts of the world now have a ZAFT influence. Like executing Order 66, As soon as everything is in place, they turn around and shot you. Peace is achieved, when there is no voice of opposition.

Is anything Dulindall has been saying completely a lie?  From what has been shown throughout the series of the Blue Cosmos and Djibril, it does look like they should be wiped out.  Even if Dulindall is bad too, it's like having two bad factions go at each other like Neo Zeon versus the Titans, so why should the viewer care who wins or loses?

My money's on the Eternal Faction and Yzak's group (like I said, I think in the end, they will bring Dullindal to justice). :) So I could care less about ZAFT or EA.

If they are going the route of making Dulindall to be some sort of Palpatine, I also can't see the problem from that point of view.  It would be different if there were more revelations like Dulindall oppressing people or having rebels supressed to establish him as having evil intentions, but as is his character is too ambiguous.  Damn you, Fukuda.

Instead of trying to work it out, Dullindal is forcing things to go his way. His version of the way things should be. Meer Campbell? His version of Lacus. Minerva? His version of Archangel. Shinn? His version of Kira. These are things he can control. And if he controls all these elements and more, then what happens when someone disagrees with his way of things (the Rebellion)? And what if the opposition spreads? You then have a Galactic Empire and a Rebellion.

The one episode where Dullindal was remembering his past and stuff seemed to point toward his doing whater it is he's doing with good intentions. Change things for the better. Time will tell.

Yep. He may have good intentions (ending wars, unifiying the people, peace) but is there some underlying plot to all of this? That we don't know....yet.

Edited by azrael

After watching ep 33, and nothing happening,

Uh, were you completely not paying attention or something?

That was probably one of the more important and eventful episodes theres been in some time, unless you consider "nothing happening" to be "no action".

Ya, it is a big episode for the story, and yet unsatisfying none the less. I guess I expected this turn of the tide moment to happen a little earlier.

But what's up with these new spoilers? The earlier ones mention Freedom getting trashed, but these don't even mention it.

Hrm. So athrun does indeed end up with legend. funnels dont really fit athrun much. also i wonder how bad AA gets pwned in the next ep? considering minerva if its at tip top shape outguns AA, and is like twice the size.AA has more MS tho at this time,although from the next ep preview it looks like its pretty much kira vs shin, and AA and minerva are engaged in a ship to ship battle and on earth none the less.Something of quite a rariety in gundam series as of late.:)

Hrm. So athrun does indeed end up with legend. funnels dont really fit athrun much. also i wonder how bad AA gets pwned in the next ep? considering minerva if its at tip top shape outguns AA, and is like twice the size.AA has more MS tho at this time,although from the next ep preview it looks like its pretty much kira vs shin, and AA and minerva are engaged in a ship to ship battle and on earth none the less.Something of quite a rariety in gundam series as of late.:)

Athrun won't have Legend for long, if he actually hops in the cockpit. Soon as Athrun takes off, Rey takes it.