Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

FROM GUNTOA :  

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/akatsuki.jpg

309975[/snapback]

Is it really gonna be shown up in the series like the Strike rouge with IWSP? :lol:

So Strike rouge goes to Mwu, and Andy got his re-colored Gaia, and the Murasame? :huh:

Edited by Morpheus

FROM GUNTOA :  

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/akatsuki.jpg

309975[/snapback]

Is it really gonna be shown up in the series like the Strike rouge with IWSP? :lol:

So Strike rouge goes to Mwu, and Andy got his re-colored Gaia, and the Murasame? :huh:

309982[/snapback]

Well it showed up in the ED so i guess there's a good chance?

Akatsuki was supposed to be an MS left by Cagalli's father according to the Gunota info. Also, I-Justice seems to be made by Lacus as well. This new "Bling Gundam" seems to be Orb's only Gundam. I really hate the word bling, yet I can't help but declare this the Bling Gundam. Lookf like it has wings, so maybe it transforms too?

No info yet, just what it looks like.

As for Strike Rouge, apparrently Kira is gooign to take the IWSP equipped Rouge to help Lacus.

Big Happenings!

Quick summary: highlight to read

1. Athrun has too many misgivings about taking the Legend and continuing on, so the Chairman and Rey have a discussion and decide he lost his usefulness. Athrun then escapes with Meyrin's help.

2. Rey and Shinn go to catch Athrun's gouf. Pure Anakin moment with Rey telling Shinn how Athrun and Meyrin betrayed them and they're the enemy and we have to take outthe enemy. Shinn hesitates while Athrun tries to talk to him. Shinn then goes Seed and hack the Gouf to pieces.

The Destiny leaves ghost trails behind it when the Beam Wings are deployed. Really nice effect.

Of course Athrun and Meyrin survive and are picked up by Kisaka and taken to the AA which is now at Morgenrate being repaired.

3. Heaven's base.

Zaft and the EA throw everything in the inventory at each other.

The EA had a new mobile armor type, Daggers with flight packs, Daggers with Launcher packs, and really did have 5 Destroy Gundams which proceeded to tear stuff up. They also had those Forbidden Blues in the water.

Zaft had everything. All 3 underwater models, Babis, Zakus with those flight platform things, Goufs and Dinns.

Zaft launches drop squadron. Big mountain behing the base opens up to reveal a big weapon array which fires a genesis-looking beam at the sky taking out the whole drop squadron. Shinn, who is now pissed before he even launches asks permission to go, so our trio heads off. They then proceed to demolish the Destroys with the anti-ship swords.

I guess the funnels don't work in atmoshpere(?), because Rey didn't use them, either that or he hasn't needed them yet. Luna eventually switched to Sword Impulse and gave one of the Excaliber Swords to Rey. Shinn went Seed thinking about how the Destroys were piloted by Extendeds like Stellar. Awesome fight.

The Destroys were just too slow moving despite all their beam weaponry to be able to defend against the Destiny.

Before the fight started Shinn and Luna were in the lounge and Luna started talking about Athrun and Meyrin, how thigns had affected them and how she was foolish. They had a teary moment when she brushed his hair and then held each other and kissed. Those two got together a lot sooner than I figured. She doesn't seem to blame Shinn at all, and seems to agree Rey and Shinn did what they needed to do in downing the Gouf. She broke out in tears the episode before when it happened though, and she cried in Shinn's arms at that point.

After the whole Athrun business Meer's resolve looks really shaken. He had tried to take her with him to escape since her usefulness may expore one day too, but she declined. Now she thinks he's dead and is really sad.

Next Ep it looks like Andy takes Strike Freedom out to defend the Eternal from attack.

END SUMMARY

On a side note: the 4th opening music SUCKS. It feels so out of place.

Episodes=rock.

New intro music=suck.

Dullindal is one of my favorite bad guys. His grin when Shinn started beating up a Destroy was perfect.

Edited by Anubis

Don't forget that brought back Sting as the lead Destory pilot. The Destroy's then basicly wipe out all of the EA traitors that join ZAFT also a large number of ZAFT ships. Like said they completely wipe out the entire drop force as well almost every single airborne ZAFT mobile suit it seems. Looks like only the sea based mobile suits made it to the base to attack the ground forces theres.

Can't believe I watched the episode. Though one comment by Yuna did make it worthwhile. He commented that even if Heaven's Base was to fall there was still the Moon base. The only time ZAFT has been able to strike it successfully if we remember was with GENESIS. Any other time, ZAFT has been pushed back, in fact they didn't try to attack it again head on after they used the Cyclops there the first time I think.

What happen to the Destory shields? THey were on the hands. How powerful is the damn Destiny. He was taking full blast from the Destory units. Ugh. A normal beam blast I can understand but the Destory units are basicly walking battleships or fortresses in terms of power and weapons. I'm thinking they use a somewhat scaled down battleship engine due to their size with Trans armor. Shinn dodging the beams is one thing but taking full blast and not being affected it is just to much ugh. Good thing is not many EA troops die and only really surrendered when the Destorys were gone. Poor Sting. He was doing so well to.

ZAFT hardly have the forces to put a lot of people in that base to hold it. So if the EA make a come back I can see that base being taken back fairly quickly. Cause a large number of ZAFT troops seemed to have been killed. It looked like Alaska again but this time the EA didn't get the win but still go the kill count along with a number of people that betrayed them.

Still a horrible episode I feel due to the over the top actions by Shinn and his Super Robot, Destiny.

Against my better judgement I had to check out the episode just to know what I"m talking about. I had stopped watching before that. Though I didn't watch the rest of the episode since I really had no desire to, not even to watch the battle but needed to for some reason.

Also the new opening is just plain bad I feel. At least you could count on that but not anymore it seems.

Edited by Effect

I like the new opening. But that was after listening to it so many times trying to re-encode a copy of episode 38 over the weekend. It doesn't fit the flow of the animation some what but it's a nice change for a male vocal ("Pride" really let me down)

Anyone see the specs on the Akatsuki yet?

Besides the standard specs? 1 beam rifle, CIWS, shield? Nope.

Now let's update you guys over here (Spoilers for episode 39-42):

Phase 39: Kira of the Heavens.

Upon hearing the fall of Heaven's Base, Lacus felt impending danger of Orb being the next target for attack. She contemplated the idea of Dullindal's building of a new world combining Earth and PLANTs. At the same time, DaCosta retrieved a "note" from the abandoned Mandel Colony.

Phase 40: The Golden Will.

After receiving inteligence that Djibril had escaped to Orb, ZAFT fleet prepared to sortie. Minerva also received the order for action. In reply to ZAFT's demand to extradite Djibril, the head of Orb answered that "Djibril is not here". This gave ZAFT an excuse to attack. Trying to save her homeland, Cagalli decided to participate as well, and Kisaka gives her an MS left by Uzumi, the "Akatsuki".

Phase 41: No Info.

Phase 42: Freedom, Justice and...

With the brutal attacks from Shinn's Destiny, Cagalli was in grave danger. At the same time, Kira with the new Freedom appeared, and engaged fiercely in battle with Shinn. Also, another new MS appeared...

Animedia:

Phase 39:

Upon learning that Djibril abandoned his own men and escaped from Heaven's Base, Shinn became outraged. On the other hand, Lacus and Co., who were investigating in space, found important clues in understanding Dullindal's true intentions, but they were discovered by ZAFT MS. Without any other way, Lacus ordered Eternal to take off...

Phase 40:

The information about Djibril taking refuge in Orb is passed along to the ZAFT forces. Although Yuna tried to explain that he isn't in Orb, Dullindal began the invasion of Orb. Knowing this, Cagalli was about to head out in a Murasame but stopped and informed of the existence of Uzumi's Will* by Kisaka.

*Will as in final words... instead of conviction or ideal...

Phase 42:

Shinn strikes out at Cagalli, who joins the battle on the front line as the Head of Orb. At this moment, Kira, aboard Strike Freedom, returns with Lacus from space, rescuing Cagalli. Cagalli returns to the Orb government and tries to find out Djibril's where abouts from Yuna. Also, Lacus pilots* the Infinite-Justice and rendezvoused with ArchAngel, meeting again with Athrun.

*The word here used is "getting on" or "to mount"... which means the same thing as piloting

-Note: Yes, Lacus will pilot IJ down to Earth. Also, GSD will be moving to a time slot 1 hour earlier in August. Some have speculated that this might mean that GSD will go past the 50-episode mark. Maybe 52...

Don't forget that brought back Sting as the lead Destory pilot. The Destroy's then basicly wipe out all of the EA traitors that join ZAFT also a large number of ZAFT ships.

Those EA ships were actually the Eurasian Federation. This time, Eurasia turned on the Atlantic Federation.

How powerful is the damn Destiny.

Quite powerful. It is Dullindal's "trump card".

So nice to be back...I was getting quite frustrated with AnimeSuki's crowd or should I say, lack of thought....

Those EA ships were actually the Eurasian Federation. This time, Eurasia turned on the Atlantic Federation.

Figured as much. I was checking out the translated version fo X Astray and in that they do have the Eurasian upset with the Atlantic Federation for holding on to technology and saying they have to get ready since after the war with PLANT is over that the AF would be their enemy.

I don't believe Dijbril is in Orb at all to be honest. I think he's actually on the Moon in the Lunar Base. Yuna commented on the Moon base being there even if Heaven's Base fell. So most likely Yuna is telling the true but Gilbert is using that as an excuse to attack Orb. After all why would Dijbril go to Orb and isolated when he can escape to another places where there are EA/AF forces? That or he simply could have gone back to North America and who knows what the AF has there since we've never seen the AF defenses in theri homelad save for the Alaska attack

Edited by Effect

This is about my only real nagging feeling. I loved it in the beginning when the first batch of Gundams could still be damaged by Zakus. Freedom was bad enough in this show when it came in. Nothing could touch it until Shinn and Rey studied how to bridge the gap with the Impulse. I loved the Freedom, but I jumped for joy when Kira got knocked off his perch. Now the new Gundams could tear Freedom apart. There's going to be 4 of these. Cagalli's Akatsuki is different so who knows how powerful that will be. But the primary 4 Gundams are now Super Wing-style unstoppable. The Beam Shields on the Destiny did take the shots from the Destroy head on, then flew circles around it, and hacked it to pieces. Even got close to a Destroy's head at one point and basically did a Shining Finger on it.

The new Gundams are pretty much going to have to go melee to or use funnels to fight each other. Nothing else can hurt them.

So we'll probably have Legend vs Strike Freedom in a funnel fight, getting in close for beam sabers occasionally.

Destiny and Justice will probably have an all out brawl. I-Justice is covered in beam sabers. The wing roots, shield blade, regular sabers, legs, tons of them. It's a melee machice with a few beam cannons tacked on.

Those two will have a big sword fight with Destiny also using the palm cannons and Justice the shoulder cannons occasionally.

While those fights will be cool, nothing else will ever damage them.

I like it when the playing field is more level. Like I said before, it was great when Zakus spanked the Chaos and Abyss early on. Something like the 3 Murasames taking out Chaos won't ever happen again now, which in a way is kind of a downer.

I had hoped it wouldn't venture into Wing uber-powerful mecha territory, but I can live with it. 38 was still a blast to watch.

The moon base would make an awesome battle though. Lord knows what's lurking in there.

Edited by Anubis

If there is a major battle in space there better be nukes flying left and right from the EA. As long as they aren't aimed at PLANTs then they are fair weapons of war in space since nothing is going to suffer from the radiation. There should be a nuke fired at every single ZAFT ship.

I still think at least one PLANT colony will be destroyed at some point.

I like the firing nukes at the actual ships idea. The BC guys in charge have a severe one track mind in using nukes at the colonies themselves. At least they took out that asteroid base in the first show with Nukes.

Wonder if Beam Shields can help against a shockwave. :lol:

Oh yeah, the Doms are also going to have Beam Shields.

Fair enough, but what about some info? Weapons, special abilities? It certainly must have been developed by ORB.

309999[/snapback]

I find it absolutely hilarious that the pacifist Uzumi left for his daughter a frigging MS as a part of her inheritance. But realistically, the suit is dated now by about two years isn't it? So, how special could it possibly be... meh... and it's being handed to an incompetent.

Still a horrible episode I feel due to the over the top actions by Shinn and his Super Robot, Destiny.

Against my better judgement I had to check out the episode just to know what I"m talking about. I had stopped watching before that. Though I didn't watch the rest of the episode since I really had no desire to, not even to watch the battle but needed to for some reason.

310053[/snapback]

Don't you just get the feeling this episode was horribly rushed and completely mismanaged. I mean we're not talking about EA punking out Orb here, (even that took three episodes), we're talking about a major fight that is supposed to be the end all battle of the war. It lasts one single episode. Super robot show was right.

Essentially, the battle went like this: EA unleashes Destroy and their forces and beats the crap out of ZAFT, and ZAFT unleashes Destiny and wins the battle almost single handedly. HUH?!?!?!?! So, essentially, Dullindal would've been better off to just send in Destiny in the first place because the other ZAFT troops did nothing at all except die until Destiny came into the picture. Not to mention too much stock footage.

Also, lots of little discrepencies. First, you see the Destroys over the water, blasting away at ships. The next time you see them, they're all on land getting chopped up. Somehow, they decided to retreat after wiping out a part of the fleet from just three MS.

In regards to some of the other comments. Let's be serious, both sides already have the perfect first strike weapon. A mirage colloid ship loaded with nuclear weapons. Look at how close Girty Lue got to Armory One. ZAFT put mirage colloid on GENSIS for the love of God. The only thing you can say about EA is that they're made up of a bunch of morons. If you want to wipe out PLANTs that badly. Put up a few suicide ships with mirage colloid, pack it with nukes, park it next to PLANTs and have them go BOOM.

Fair enough, but what about some info? Weapons, special abilities? It certainly must have been developed by ORB.

309999[/snapback]

I find it absolutely hilarious that the pacifist Uzumi left for his daughter a frigging MS as a part of her inheritance. But realistically, the suit is dated now by about two years isn't it? So, how special could it possibly be... meh... and it's being handed to an incompetent.

310152[/snapback]

The same Uzumi who helped the EA develop the initial Gundams from the first show.

Further proof that he was indeed a hypocrite.

Cagalli hopping in a Gundam again is another bout of stupidity. She is the damn soveriegn of that nation, she has no business piloting a Gundam. She can lead orb on a ship at the front lines, fine, but she has no business piloting a mobile suit. She has enough to so cementing her govt again.

On top of the fact she is a mediocre pilot, and always has been.

Point is also correct about the suit's age. If anything it should be comparable to the Strike at best. Maybe the Gold is a beam reflective to give her some survivability.

Also, let's say Djibril actually does go to Orb. Could Yuna and his father actually be that stupid to think Zaft won't steamroll them next. Djibril should be heading for the moon base, but there just has to be an attack on Orb in this show. Insert drama. More Cagalli crying.

That's my other nitpick: WAY too much focus on Orb. Orb this, orb that. I don't care anymore. There is apparrently a lot of things breaking down in the EA so some delving into that would have been cool.

I actually hope Athrun ends up with Meyrin, which seems to be quite plausible the way things have been going.

As for the Mirage Colloid equipped Nuclear Bomber: It would be too easy. The fans wouldn't get to be an eye-candy filled spectacle of combat if the EA took the simple route. :lol:

By the same token, they could have just dropped a nuclear weapon on the Minerva during all those engagements after they left Carpentaria.

The Nibelung (forgive me if I misspelled it) was a GENIUS idea. Took out the drop squadron instantly. Shame the Destiny was just too fast for the Destroys though. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by Anubis

Cagalli hopping in a Gundam again is another bout of stupidity.  She is the damn soveriegn of that nation, she has no business piloting a Gundam.  She can lead orb on a ship at the front lines, fine, but she has no business piloting a mobile suit.  She has enough to so cementing her govt again.

On top of the fact she is a mediocre pilot, and always has been. 

Point is also correct about the suit's age.  If anything it should be comparable to the Strike at best.  Maybe the Gold is a beam reflective to give her some survivability.

Also, let's say Djibril actually does go to Orb.  Could Yuna and his father actually be that stupid to think Zaft won't steamroll them next.  Djibril should be heading for the moon base, but there just has to be an attack on Orb in this show.  Insert drama.  More Cagalli crying.

That's my other nitpick:  WAY too much focus on Orb.  Orb this, orb that.  I don't care anymore.  There is apparrently a lot of things breaking down in the EA so some delving into that would have been cool.

I actually hope Athrun ends up with Meyrin, which seems to be quite plausible the way things have been going.

310162[/snapback]

Now you see what I mean about having Cagalli killed earlier on to add emotional impact rather than just having an annoying character that gets way too much screen time. Heck, if they can manage a dramatic and entertaining death for the loon (Stella) then they ought to be able to manage a semi decent death for Cagalli. Hopefully getting a beam saber in the gut treatment that many other GS pilots have gotten.

Ah wait a minute, then we'd have to see all the grown men in Orb cry too because the little princess bought the farm.

Edited by kalvasflam

I don't believe Dijbril is in Orb at all to be honest. I think he's actually on the Moon in the Lunar Base. Yuna commented on the Moon base being there even if Heaven's Base fell. So most likely Yuna is telling the true but Gilbert is using that as an excuse to attack Orb. After all why would Dijbril go to Orb and isolated when he can escape to another places where there are EA/AF forces? That or he simply could have gone back to North America and who knows what the AF has there since we've never seen the AF defenses in theri homelad save for the Alaska attack

Or he goes to ORB, catches a plane ride to the Moon. Either way Djibril ain't staying on Earth...period. Remember, After LOGOS, ORB is the only other force left that could stand up to Dullindal.

Just because it's dated, doesn't mean it still isn't a force to be taken lightly. Look at Freedom. It is certainly dated and it still cause havoc. It was only after someone decided to come up with a plan/scheme to take it down, that it was taken down. Of course, Cagalli ain't as good of a pilot as Kira....Kira needs to teach Cagalli some Jedi tricks...

Further proof that he was indeed a hypocrite.

Lacus is also a hypocrite. Building a small army up there on Eternal... They're just hoping and preaching for the best...but expecting the worst. The "Just-in-case" clause. Lacus even admits to being a hypocrite. Watch the last 2 episodes of GS. :)

She is the damn soveriegn of that nation, she has no business piloting a Gundam. She can lead orb on a ship at the front lines, fine, but she has no business piloting a mobile suit. She has enough to so cementing her govt again.

Her fate would be no different than those soldiers who fight for her. :)

She is the damn soveriegn of that nation, she has no business piloting a Gundam. She can lead orb on a ship at the front lines, fine, but she has no business piloting a mobile suit. She has enough to so cementing her govt again.

310171[/snapback]

That's actually true. Nice one.

Either way it's still a waste to give her a Gundam especially one as BRIGHT as that one which screams target.

Char's Hyaku Shiki was gold on purpose for that reason wasn't it? Kind of a bragging color scheme.

She causes enough trouble every time she gets in the cockpit though anyway, and she hasn't really fought yet in this series at all to justify wasting another Gundam on her.

Now you see what I mean about having Cagalli killed earlier on to add emotional impact rather than just having an annoying character that gets way too much screen time. Heck, if they can manage a dramatic and entertaining death for the loon (Stella) then they ought to be able to manage a semi decent death for Cagalli. Hopefully getting a beam saber in the gut treatment that many other GS pilots have gotten.

Ah wait a minute, then we'd have to see all the grown men in Orb cry too because the little princess bought the farm.

You know, that might have actually worked.

What would be interesting too is if Shinn actually DOES kill Cagalli. He's supposed to gun for her when they attack Orb, so why not? If he doesn't get her there then maybe later. Would be fitting in a way. Also further push towards the Athrun/Shinn title fight.

Edited by Anubis

Just because it's dated, doesn't mean it still isn't a force to be taken lightly. Look at Freedom. It is certainly dated and it still cause havoc. It was only after someone decided to come up with a plan/scheme to take it down, that it was taken down. Of course, Cagalli ain't as good of a pilot as Kira....Kira needs to teach Cagalli some Jedi tricks...

310171[/snapback]

Ok, two nits. First, Kira made Freedom special, unless her MS is NJC/nuke equipped, it probably isn't anything more than just another Murasame.

In regards to her fate no different than soldiers who fight for her. I would argue that in any organization, some people have more intrinsic value than others. i.e. in an army, a general would be slightly more important than your ordinary private. I understand what you mean about same fate... but in her case, the everyday Orb soldier deserves much better fate than her :lol: But realistically, she doesn't have any business getting into a suit because she is causing even more problems that way. Remember the Murasame pilot that died because he had to stand in front of her?

But of course, the AA is so hard up for pilots, they'd probably take anybody. Calling Sai... where are you Sai....

Edited by kalvasflam

Char's Hyaku Shiki was gold on purpose for that reason wasn't it?  Kind of a bragging color scheme.

310181[/snapback]

Speaking of Hyaku Shikis, I see its appeared in the latest end credit sequence. So who gets to to pilot the "Hyaku Destiny?" Kira or Athrun? :rolleyes:

Somebody wake me when we get to "LaCluuze's Counterattack" so I can see the Neo Nu Gundam.

Char's Hyaku Shiki was gold on purpose for that reason wasn't it?  Kind of a bragging color scheme.

310181[/snapback]

Speaking of Hyaku Shikis, I see its appeared in the latest end credit sequence. So who gets to to pilot the "Hyaku Destiny?" Kira or Athrun? :rolleyes:

Somebody wake me when we get to "LaCluuze's Counterattack" so I can see the Neo Nu Gundam.

310186[/snapback]

That's the Akatsuki that's supposed to go to Cagalli. <_<

And that's going to be Shinn's Counterattack. I actually wouldn't mind Shinn's face getting scarred and Dullindal handing him Crueset's mask.

Edited by Anubis

Char deserved it... but isn't it blasphemy to the great Gundam gods to put Char and Cagalli in the same post? Heh heh.

I think the reason Orb put up a gold paint scheme on her suit is that people are praying that they target her and just take out the annoying bitch.

Char deserved it... but isn't it blasphemy to the great Gundam gods to put Char and Cagalli in the same post? Heh heh.

I think the reason Orb put up a gold paint scheme on her suit is that people are praying that they target her and just take out the annoying bitch.

310193[/snapback]

I was saying Char had gold for a reason. He WANTED you to see who was kicking your ass. It also served as a beam deflectant, didn't it?

Cagailli's gold has no visible purpose, hence why I am going to call this the Bling Gundam. The gold Murasame is nowhere NEAR this bad.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Edited by Anubis

What's with the name of these mobile suits. Seriously though, it makes no sense to give Cagalli another mobile suit. Hell she shouldn't have the one she has now. She's a bad pilot, not even average. The aura of main character can only do so much I feel to keep her safe. She's had so many close calls as it is already. From being shot down in SEED in the Skygraspher, almost getting killed in the last battle there, from almost getting killed by Shinn, the Orb fleet, and even risking physical assult from Shinn in person.

Better yet, let her pilot the gold mobile suit. Let her be killed and be done with it I say. It's been long overdue. A suit like this is meant to call attention to itself. That was the whole point of the one Char had. To be a symbol, something that could be recognized as being for the AEUG. You have a suit like this when you want people to concentrate on you during a battle. She does not have the skills to back up that kind of attention.

hence why I am going to call this the Bling Gundam. 

310196[/snapback]

Brilliance! :lol:

310198[/snapback]

Thank you.

LOOK AT IT!

The gold murasame is YELLOW now compared to the 48K Gold Bling Gundam. They're right next to each other in this pic.

The poor flightline techs.

post-514-1121279388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Also, Shinn's Shiny New Gundam also has shades of the F91. Note the trailing after-images when he goes to town on the....er, Psycho Gundams? And am I mistaken in thinking that I saw energy "feather" fluttering around his Gundam in the opening credits? Now they're cribbing from Gundam Wing of all things? <_<

Either way it's still a waste to give her a Gundam especially one as BRIGHT as that one which screams target.

It might be a bright target, but it is also a symbol. Just as Hyaku Shiki was a symbol of the AEUG's defiance to the Titans. Should Akatsuki be destroyed, Cagalli becomes a martyr. Dullindal wants to stop the war. So does Cagalli. What does that mean if one person wants to kill the other when both are trying to achieve the same goal?

In regards to her fate no different than soldiers who fight for her. I would argue that in any organization, some people have more intrinsic value than others. i.e. in an army, a general would be slightly more important than your ordinary private. I understand what you mean about same fate... but in her case, the everyday Orb soldier deserves much better fate than her  But realistically, she doesn't have any business getting into a suit because she is causing even more problems that way. Remember the Murasame pilot that died because he had to stand in front of her?

Is dying for a cause you believe in so bad? Christians died for their faith (Although, in the end, the lions were the happy ones, one could argue ;) ) She's doing what she believes to be the right thing. It may be futile, it may be a fools errand, but in the end, she's satisfied with her actions. Sometimes, sitting on the side is not enough for people. ;)

And am I mistaken in thinking that I saw energy "feather" fluttering around his Gundam in the opening credits? Now they're cribbing from Gundam Wing of all things?

That's just symbolism. :)

Once thing to note about Destiny and Legend....They have power cords during their launch....why? <_< Legend also seems to use the same OS as Impulse, Chaos, Gaia, Saviour and Abyss.....

Edited by azrael

Also, Shinn's Shiny New Gundam also has shades of the F91. Note the trailing after-images when he goes to town on the....er, Psycho Gundams? And am I mistaken in thinking that I saw energy "feather" fluttering around his Gundam in the opening credits? Now they're cribbing from Gundam Wing of all things?  <_<

310214[/snapback]

Shin's new Gundam... Destiny Gundam... = V2's wing + G Gundam's shinning finger + Crossbone Gundam X3's hand + F91 Gundam's shield and ability + Impules Gundam's weapons

Edited by ogami

LOOK AT IT!

The gold murasame is YELLOW now compared to the 48K Gold Bling Gundam.  They're right next to each other in this pic.

The poor flightline techs.

310202[/snapback]

You know what this means, people who wants to shot her down would want to go up close and knife her. After all, imagine all the money you could make scraping off the gold plating.

Although, if the MS has a perfect anti-beam reflection, it'll be just ideal. Then you can have someone remote control the thing and just dance around the sky and become the main target. It'll be a nice mobile suit for her to cry from. :lol:

By the way, dying for a cause is not so bad... but when you start detracting from the cause, that's when you become a problem. Now people look at Orb, and essentially, it's to be laughed at. It's soverign cries a lot and can't make up her mind on anything. My essential reaction to all this crying is: "look, there is a little spoiled brat who isn't getting what she wants, so she's throwing a hissy fit."

Edited by kalvasflam

Damn, what an amazing episode! Seriously, now that Destiny is ramping up for its final arc it's getting crazy awesome!

Destiny is just as powerful as it should be, although I was a little disappointed that Rey didn't do much with Legend. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of that suit in the next few eps. I LOVED Destiny's "shining finger" attack. Everything about that MS is wonderful. While I normally am lukewarm on Kunio's design skills, he did a bang-up job with Destiny:

1) Continuation from Impulse, yet different from Freedom? Check

2) Shades of Zeta Gundam? Check

3) New and unique weaponry not currently used in the Seed Universe? Check

My only complaint about Destiny is that the MSIA doesn't come with those gorgeous wings. Boooo

I agree, the opening music kinda sucks, but again I liked the homage to Zeta by having Shinn running along there at one point.

Color me crazy, but from the way people were set-up in front of their respective MS's in the opening and closing, I really got the impression that it will be Mwu who'll take the Bling Gundam, not Cagalli. Which would be just fine in my books.

To all of you who hate the show, you're forgetting the whole point of Seed and Seed Destiny: to take those parts of the old Gundam series, rework them, re-imagine them, and re-invigorate the franchise. If you guys want brand spanking new, totally unique stories, characters, and MS's, go re-watch Turn A. Seed and Destiny have always been about RE-TELLING what's come before.

As someone who's watched (and sometimes suffered) through ALL of the Gundam shows that have come before, I have to say that the Seed and Destiny team are doing an EXCELLENT job. Quite frankly, I think that Seed was far superior to the original MS Gundam, and Destiny completely owns and outshadows Zeta in every single way (hehe, can't wait to see how many people I have screaming at me for that, but it's true).

As someone who's watched (and sometimes suffered) through ALL of the Gundam shows that have come before, I have to say that the Seed and Destiny team are doing an EXCELLENT job.  Quite frankly, I think that Seed was far superior to the original MS Gundam, and Destiny completely owns and outshadows Zeta in every single way (hehe, can't wait to see how many people I have screaming at me for that, but it's true).

310281[/snapback]

Meh... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

If you like remakes, well, there isn't anything wrong with that.

Heck, there are people out there who even liked Howard the Duck.

Both Destiny and Legend have the same OS.

Now the acronym is Gunnery United Nuclear Duetrion Advanced Manuver.

I do really like the ghost trail Destiny leaves though. It's a good effect. I also like the palm cannons.