Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Effect, no offense man, but it doesn't seem as though there's ANYthing that Destiny can do that'll please you.

313666[/snapback]

I think your right. At this point in time there really is nothing that Destiny can do that would please me. The thing that would have pleased me would have been if they stopped this EA is evil ala comic fashion. If they made them competent and put some effort behind them. If they actually put some effort into the political situation in Destiny(that includes PLANT, EA, Orb, or whatever other country). If there was some logic behind the actions in the show. Pulling crap like unleashing Destory on civilan cities when you have two of ZAFT's strongholds untouch is an example in my opinion of how piss poor Destiny is. You have the EA declaring war on PLANT yet the first thing they do is attack PLANT itself while you have their two Earth based bases sitting nicely and untouched. Then you have Naturals after being devestated by the fall of Junis 7 siding with ZAFT and believe everything Gilbert says without any doubt after all ZAFT has done to the Earth during the last war(N Jammers, going to fire on the Earth with GENESIS, then coordinators drop Junis 7(with high tech equipment and Ginn mobile suits). What kind of poo is that?

There has been so much damage done already to what could have been an interesting universe.

Now that I think about it, I there is one thing that could be done that would really please me. That is if Dijbril is actually able to destory the PLANTs with his new weapon. If coordinators actually took some civilian deaths on a massive scale the way Naturals have. What would make me happy is if a massive amount of coordinators die cause it's about time. There have been so many Natural deaths in SEED and SEED Destiny that it's sicking. If Detiny finally did away with this Naturals are evil, EA is evil(due to Fukuda's clear political bias), and all other bullshit related to it.

My main concern about Destiny has never really been about Shinn or Kira but the whole political situation of the world and the logic behind the events that take place in it. Everything else is pretty much secondary. If they killed off the coordinators and that led into another series and it was simply natural vs. natural and really about ideals vs. ideals then I would be happy but only as long as both sides were shown as being competent and no where near as comic bookish, especially if Fukuda and his entire team of writers are no longer connected with Gundam.

Edited by Effect

Its not only him that cant be pleased at all. Theres a very firm Cagali hater out there that isnt pleased with Destiny at all.  :rolleyes:

313668[/snapback]

It's not just them two who aren't happy with Fuckerkuda's piss poor story. I'm with Effect on the whole way the Alliance is portrayed. And with kalvasflam about spending too much time on Orb. Destiny's plot has more holes in it than all the corpses from the Valentine's Day Massacre combined.

Honesty the only reason I'm still watching this crap is I just want to see how it ends. I've followed it up to this point, I may as well see the rest.

And at times that California has its earthquakes, I thank God everytime that Im on the East Coast!  :D  Have fun over there.  ^_^

313603[/snapback]

Yeah, you guys just tend to be wiped on gigantic tidal waves generated courtesy of Hollywood Magic every couple of years. Oddly enough the people on East coast are really resilient and rebuild fast, never saw one bit of tidal wave damage all those times I've gone to the east coast. :lol:

As far as destiny is concerned, Effect has the right idea, Cagalli's character was brought to the forefront here, but my God. She has one look at her golden suit, and suddenly undergoes a dramatic personality shift, and gains effectiveness like nobody's business. At best, you can say her personality is unstable, and she doesn't deserve to be the ruler of Orb just because of that.

Just take Yuna for example, her lack of ability to do anything just meant Orb gets dragged through the mud, all of a sudden after Orb is through the mud, she gets a spine? No offense, if I were a citizen of Orb, I'd call for her immediate lynching. The military people are all the same way, they're happy she is back, even though she is the root cause of their problems because she choose to stand by and essentially do nothing while Yuna and daddy runs Orb into the ground, they decide to ignore that fact and instead go into hero worship on Cagalli. If nothing else, Cagalli at the end of the series need to step down from rulership of Orb because she is helping to wreck it far more than anyone because of her lack of leadership.

But the whole problem with GSD seem to be Fukuda's urgent desire to deliever a political message through his cartoon and so we keep focusing on Orb, and it's horrendous. The show started off in quite a promising fashion, but instead of fleshing out new characters and the storyline, everything reverted to Orb, and how it's ideal to try to keep neutral. Fukuda keeps trying to shove his statement across, and it reminds me of Kawamori and how he screwed up Macross Zero with his new age mysticism crap. It's quite sad if you ask me. So, in lieu of telling a good story, he reverts to the super robot show to try to get his message across, it's really annoying.

Now, one thing I will say, GSD has pretty good animation, the fact that the art team tend to be lazy not withstanding, the various MS are well drawn. The lack of god storyline is not the fault of the animators.

P.S. I don't hate Cagalli, in fact she was quite interest character during GS. Much more so than Lacus.

Edited by kalvasflam

If you really have a problem with the story...blame these people:

Chiaki Morosawa

Hiroshi Ohnogi

Hiroyuki Yoshino

Kazuho Hyodo

Natsuko Takahashi

Shigeru Morita

Yuuichi Nomura

The writers. :p

If you really have a problem with the story...blame these people:

Chiaki Morosawa

Hiroshi Ohnogi

Hiroyuki Yoshino

Kazuho Hyodo

Natsuko Takahashi

Shigeru Morita

Yuuichi Nomura

The writers. :p

313716[/snapback]

I stand corrected. Heh heh. Ohhh... east coast guys, watch out, another tidal wave coming courtesy of Hollywood. :p

I stand corrected.  Heh heh.  Ohhh... east coast guys, watch out, another tidal wave coming courtesy of Hollywood. :p

313718[/snapback]

Hey dont forget the Hurricanes we get! :D

Hey Azrael got any email adresses for those so called 'writers' ??? :rolleyes: That way we could vent to them properly. ;)

Do people have zero imagination anymore? Do you really need everything spelt out for you in exact detail?

How they got Gaia is completely unimportant, and not a 'plot hole'.

Kira making his way and getting into the cockpit of the Strike Rouge while preparing to booster to space I can imagine.

A rogue organization dubbed as terrorists by ZAFT somehow stealing Gaia, a suit that has already BEEN stolen once before and recently recovered, without any sort of repercussions whatsoever is a plot hole.

It would be like having the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss appear in the ZAFT hangers one ep and then be piloted by the EA on Earth the next ep, with no explanation as to how they got there.

Bulldust. Akatsuki has a lot more to offer by the look of all the weapons it has than Strike. Strike is severely undergunned

What's Bull-dust? :D

But seriously, it's not a question of the weapons on the thing, it's a question of its age. Regardless of how armed it is, it was designed *years* earlier than the latest generation of MS's - so like Strike it has a slower OS, outdated engineering and mechanics, and a less efficient power source (remember it was only Zaft who came up with the anti-neutron jammer cancellers - and even if ORB had the technology back then, there's no way Cagalli's dad would want to so blatantly violate the treaty and upset the balance, bla bla).

The thing is O-L-D. It's Windows 3.1 as compared to Shinn's Windows XP w/SP2 hehe.

At least, that's the way it should be. From the sounds of it, it's holding its own just fine :p

313472[/snapback]

More like MS-DOS 6.2 to Shinn's Windows Longhorn. :p

I stand corrected.  Heh heh.  Ohhh... east coast guys, watch out, another tidal wave coming courtesy of Hollywood. :p

313718[/snapback]

Hey Azrael got any email adresses for those so called 'writers' ??? :rolleyes: That way we could vent to them properly. ;)

313720[/snapback]

The response would be "eigo wa wakarimasen"

Yeah, about Hurricanes, that's never been a problem for the guys up NE. You don't have any real natural disasters, and no, major blizzards don't really count, you people are used to it. :lol:

Additional note, I said Cagalli was an interesting character, but then again, so was Emma Sheen, and Sirroco.... Cagalli needs to be interest that way. :p

The way I see it, Cagalli was lost. Before, she had to fight to do what was right, but in this case that would mean fighting her own people. How many of you could fight your own countrymen in a war without feeling ANYTHING about it? Cagalli was whiny, yes.. but she was lost and ineffective, and she /knew/ it.

But, when she returned to Orb and found it under attack, and found out her father had left a will and testament to her.. A means to protect her country when it needed a protector most, she decided to take it. She didn't spin a 180, she just had something to focus on. And, once Jona was out of the way (and arguably even before that, given how well trained the Murasame squads with her apparently are..) she had the ability to defend her homeland the way she wanted to originally.

Even I found Cagalli to be obnoxious during most of the series, but its been a consistant obnoxiousness due to a set of environmental conditions that have subsided. She's gone from wandering and ineffective to having a specific goal and the means to reach that goal. Going from "How do I get Orb to stop being the EAF's bitch lapdog?" to "I need to get these jackasses OFF my lawn!" tends to help you get your focus back.

313718[/snapback]

313720[/snapback]

The response would be "eigo wa wakarimasen"

Yeah, about Hurricanes, that's never been a problem for the guys up NE. You don't have any real natural disasters, and no, major blizzards don't really count, you people are used to it. :lol:

Additional note, I said Cagalli was an interesting character, but then again, so was Emma Sheen, and Sirroco.... Cagalli needs to be interest that way. :p

313756[/snapback]

Must be nice for those NE guys. Blizzards and such. I love snow! Wish we got more......

And I kinda wish Sirroco was a lil more evil. Not saying he wasent at all. Its just for what Camile did, ramming him, I kinda wish Sirroco was doing something fiendish, like holding a trigger to another massive colony drop or sumthing grand to that affect so that Camile's sacrifice would be WELL worth it. Im not saying Zeta was bad, but the ending left me just a lil unsatisfied. But IM PROBABLY WRONG and well its a MASTERPIECE and it was really good, but thats my thought of Zeta since it kinda was mentioned. Sorry to go OT.

Just watched ep 40.

Great episode, however I have two nitpicks.

1) Cagalli (like usual).

She got massive points for suckering Yuna into her trap however. That was very nice to see. FINALLY.

However, she got a wash when she charged in to attack Shinn. We'll see how it goes in two weeks (damn recap). She saw the Destiny, and the first thing that came to her mind was him taking out a DESTROY, and she charges right at him. What in her past experience does she think gives her a chance in hell of fighting him. Yeah she has a shiny new MS but she shouldn't get overconfident. Again, we'll see how it goes but I would expect her to get smacked around, reflective armor or not, until Kira shows up.

One thing that might be interesting to see would be if Shinn used the palm attack on her it might blow his arm off. I wouldn't mind seeing that. That beam reflectant is the only thing that will keep her alive though, that's for sure.

2) I'm kind of surprized at how quickly they got to Orb from Gibraltar. Granted they didn't have to make 500 stops like they did on the way to Gibraltar from Carpentaira earlier on, but it's entirely too convenient for the Minerva to make it to Orb again this fast in 40.

I like how Rey and Shinn are instantly using their new Faith authority. The Captain is actually getting very unsettled which is interesting.

Edited by Anubis

However, she got a wash when she charged in to attack Shinn.  We'll see how it goes in two weeks (damn recap).  She saw the Destiny, and the first thing that came to her mind was him taking out a DESTROY, and she charges right at him.  What in her past experience does she think gives her a chance in hell of fighting him. 

Kira? In space. Darn. Athrun? In bed with mutiple injuries. Rats. Neo/Mu? Nothing to pilot. You have to be freakin kiddin me if he uses a Sky Grasper against Destiny. Murasames? They don't seem to be doing to well. Well, someone's got to do it. :rolleyes:

2)  I'm kind of surprized at how quickly they got to Orc from Gibraltar.  Granted they didn't have to make 500 stops like they did on the way to Gibraltar from Carpentaira earlier on, but it's entirely too convenient for the Minerva to make it to Orb again this fast in 40.

Don't you love non-stop flights? :lol:

Edited by azrael

If she had like 10 Murasames in formation behind her to tag team Shinn alongside her, then I say give it a try, but by herself she's completely out of her mind. Shinn is pretty mindful of what weapons to use and when, so it won't take him long to figure out to use the anti-ship sword after he reflects a few shots.

I wonder how a bazooka would work on the Akatsuki. It doesn't have a std Phase Shift, so unless Orb got the Transphase Shift from the EA, the bazooka should work pretty good too.

I admit I kind of laughed my ass off when Cagalli said "lend me a Sky Grasper"

First thing I thought was "They still have those things?" They were both trashed the same time Strike was destroyed by Athrun.

Non stop flights rock! :lol:

Edited by Anubis

Mu's Sky Grasper was still in good shape after Alaska. :)

Speaking of Sky Grasper...time for spoilers (Thanks to animesuki)

-Neo will ride the Sky Gasper once more when AA face a critical suitation (Seriously, Murrue has got to find a way to keep him tied down... okay...bad joke)

-Destroy will appear once more in Phase-45 "Prelude to a Revolution"

-DOM Trooper will execute a trinity attack similar to the famed Jet Stream Attack

-Blaze Zaku Phatom-Deaka Custom will made a debut (it's a grey/black Zaku Phantom)

-The bit on Akatsuki says something about a "naginata sword" (long sword). Maybe an alternative weapons pack? Sword vs sword MS action? (There is some debate about this. This might actually reference Akatsuki's dual-bladed beam saber so put your hopes so high.)

-The bit on Shinn and Athrun says Athrun repeatedly tries to get Shinn to open his eyes, but looks like he fails (so far). I think it says Shinn freaks out when he finds Athrun is alive and goes completely berserk.

-The bit on when Akatsuki's in danger and is saved by a "new unknown MS" (ie SF) says it comes down from space at a crazy speed and attacks Destiny with "tremendous power". (Remember how we've said if anybody attacks Lacus, Cagalli or AA, they're as good as dead... :lol: )

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=d...tination5vn.jpg

Edited by azrael

Not the damn Sky Grasper :angry: Let it stay gone. At least give him a Murasame. The gold one is just sitting there being unused. Even an Astray, hell, let him mobile suit-jack someone. What is he supposed to do with a Sky Grasper. If they have the launcher pack in storage still he might be able to do something, but not that much.

Watch them have Neo pull a Ryu from MSG. Both are injured, in the medical room. Ryu goes out in the core fighter and slams into Haman's vehicled to save Amuro. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same exact thing with Neo in order to save Kira or someone. Maybe slam into the Minerva's bridge taking it out of the picture before the final battle or something. After all they've taken a LOT else from the UC, why not this, especially since we are getting a Black Tri Stars rip it seems. I wonder if they'll be killed in the episode they appear in like the Black Tri Stars were though.

Not the damn Sky Grasper  :angry:   Let it stay gone.  At least give him a Murasame.  The gold one is just sitting there being unused. 

313943[/snapback]

Actually, Kisaka took the gold Murasame out.

Watch them have Neo pull a Ryu from MSG. Both are injured, in the medical room. Ryu goes out in the core fighter and slams into Haman's vehicled to save Amuro. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same exact thing with Neo in order to save Kira or someone. Maybe slam into the Minerva's bridge taking it out of the picture before the final battle or something.

That would cheapen his return. To come back, only to die again. <_< I would like to see Neo/Mu live but at the end of the series, yet still consider himself to be Neo. Maybe have bits and pieces of Mu's character in Neo but to have him remain as Neo. This way, we can say, yes, Mu is "dead". To give Murre something of a second chance with Mu, or what was Mu.

Edited by azrael

After all they've taken a LOT else from the UC, why not this, especially since we are getting a Black Tri Stars rip it seems. I wonder if they'll be killed in the episode they appear in like the Black Tri Stars were though.

313947[/snapback]

Black Tristars didn't all die in the same ep, I believe it took them two episode to get all three killed. So, they will have the Destroy again... I wonder who they'll get to pilot it. I think it's already well established that Destroy as a whole sucks unless they have a decent pilot in it. If they happen to die in one episode, well, honestly I couldn't care all that much because they'll essentially be like a Sting with far less episodes.

I'm actually a bit curious to see where this story line will go from here, because this Orb thing can't last forever. And I thought the whole plan was they all go back into space at some point. It'll be weird if that doesn't happen, making it one of the few Gundam show where the final action will happen on Earth. One interesting thing about the episode, it didn't seem as if ZAFT threw in a lot of stuff against Orb, it's understandable after a fashion considering their recent losses. Hope this Orb thing gets done in a hurry.

By the way, did anyone actually catch how much time has gone by between fall of Heaven base and assault on Orb? I don't get a get sense of timing in this.

Edited by kalvasflam

Actually I think the three of them did get taken out in the same episode. It was the episode where Matlida dies by being crushed by one of the Doms. Amuro manges to take out one after they do their Jetstream attack I believe then one gets taken out by Sayla I think and Amuro takes out the other after that. Though I could be wrong about that but I do think they were all taken out in the same episode.

Well from the way the spoilers look it seems that ZAFT might take a beatin when Strike Freedom and I-Justice show up, along with Andy's Gaia if he drops. Then there is the chaos that might take place with the real Lacus finally showing herself to the people, that should through PLANT and ZAFT into confusion. While Gilbert seems like he'll try to recover from that, even with limited Eath based ZAFT forces due to the loses they took at Heaven's Base, I think that ZAFT might retreat. Meanwhile if Dijbril is in space, there aren't any big named characters in space that would be able to stop him. Sure there is Yzak and Dearka, I think they'll be reintroduced as they and their forces try to stop this Requim weapon but end up being helpless to stop it. Hopefully this will mean the end of the PLANTS once and for all.

If there isn't going to be a SEED series after this and there is going to be a UC style series instead(one unlikes the SEED series) then Destiny just might be the end of the CE series or maybe a break. If so, finally putting an end to the war might be what they are trying to do and the only real way that is going to happen is the complete destruction of either side. Since it doesn't look like the Earth is going to be destoryed, much of the AF controlled land and other areas of Earth are untouched or already destroyed due to Junis 7 falling, the last place that needs to take damage or bring an end finally would be and has always been the destruction of the PLANTs.

All of the coordinators could go to Orb I think, at least those that live. Or stay in their bases. Either way I think this might be the end of the natural vs. coordinator storyline and it couldn't end sooner I feel.

Gotta say I'm tired of some small island nation being so important.

I'm guess the time between Heaven's Base and Orb is pretty short. Way to short as well. Kira reached space and the area where Lacus was extremely fast as well. Sure you can travel fast in space but really there are limits to just how fast you can go between certain points. After all this isn't Star Wars or Star Trek where they can travel extremely fast. It seems like they are really trying to rush things right now and all sense of time is being thrown out.

Edited by Effect

I think it would be nice to actually see the destruction of most of the PLANTs using the simple mirage colloid thing we talked about a few pages ago. We can chalk it up to desperate people doing desperate things. I'd sure like to see EA rebound, and I don't mean with more Destroys.

The sense I have of the whole series, and the war was fought in a very half hearted manner, and there wasn't any intensity in trying to destroy your enemy. As pointed out previously, why send Destroy after civvies, when you could've sent it to one of the many ZAFT bases. It feels like people aren't seriously trying to win on either side, not like GS, when the fighting made overall strategic sense, and people constantly went for killing blows or strategies that made sense. EA held on until MS could be introduced, ZAFT went for a killing blow, got caught, and then adjusted strategy to lock EA on Earth. It failed, and EA went for the killing blow to wipe out ZAFT, and both sides unleashed WMD.

In GSD, the capabilities are there, but not so much the desire. ZAFT was mostly fighting defensive, and as far as I could tell, so was EA for the most part. The flow was, EA opens with WMD, fails, and isn't seen to try again. ZAFT fight on the defensive and so, we end up with what appears to be a war of attrition mostly until this Heaven base stuff.

Just found out something interesting. I didn't realize that in GS, the EA actually took over both Gibraltar and Carpentaria. It seems that the opening of the game Gundam SEED: EVER ENDING TOMORROW shows the attack on both bases. This is from a post over at Gundam Official.

If you've seen the NEVER ENDING TOMORROW GAME OPENING it shows a Raider piloted by Edward flying into carpentaria from space followed by Buster piloted by Rena including several Dual Daggers and so forth. That was the landing operation, they sent troops into space from the MASS DRIVER and from there they dropped down into Australia.

Jane Houston probably lead the attack on Gibraltar as it was the first major naval engagement for the Alliance's underwater units, Forbidden Blue and Deep Forbidden.

The Second Casablanca Sea Battle takes place on July 24, C.E. 71. The Earth Alliance, which has now developed underwater mobile suits of its own, launches an attack on ZAFT's Gibraltar base. The ZAFT forces abandon the base and begin withdrawing from Europe.

http://forums.gundamofficial.com/showthrea...99114#post99114

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...d/timeline.html

7.16    The Earth Alliance leadership decides to begin development of nuclear missiles equipped with N-Jammer Cancelers. [PHASE-47]

7.24  The second Casablanca Sea Battle. The Earth Alliance invades Gibraltar, and ZAFT abandons the base and withdraws from Europe.

8.8  The Earth Alliance launches Operation 8.8, whose final objective is the capture of the Carpentaria Base, and intensifies its attack against the Oceania Union. The Ayers Rock Landing Operation commences as a first wave.

9.11  The Earth Alliance launches Operation Elvis, whose final objective is an attack on the PLANT homeland.

9.23  The Battle of Boaz. The space fortress Boaz is destroyed by an Earth Alliance nuclear attack. [PHASE-47]

9.26  The second Battle of Jachin Due. The PLANT homeland is targeted by a nuclear attack. [PHASE-47]

ZAFT deploys GENESIS, whose first blast destroys more than 40% of the Earth Alliance's fighting strength. [PHASE-48]

9.27  GENESIS fires a second blast. The Ptolemaeus lunar base is destroyed, along with the Earth Alliance's second-wave attack force. [PHASE-49]

Jachin Due self-destructs, and the war comes to an end. [PHASE-50]

The reason I bring this up is that it kinda makes the whoel presentation fo the EA even worse in SEED DEstiny. It really does seem that with using the Daggers and other mobile suits the EA was actually able to force ZAFT from the Earth. Now what I don't get. Is if the EA has full control of the Earth, at the end only lost 40% of it's total forces(consider if you start from when they pushed back into space after taking Earth back) with GENESIS first attack, and then their Lunar Base and reenforcesments why would they agree to give both Gibraltar and Carpentaria?

I've also heard that the EA had more then one base on the Moon. That the one they have now isn't the one that was hit in GS but the one in GS was the main Moon base. So exactly why would they agree to those terms to allow ZAFT back on Earth? Even with GENESIS firing and finally being destoryed it seems that the EA was in a far better position. If they wanted to continue the fighting they could have I think and won in the end since the 3 Ship Alliance really could have stopped them since most of their forces were destoryed, all Gundam's destoryed. It doesn't make much sense when I look at this information. Why in the hell woudl the EA allow ZAFT back on Earth after they had full and compltely control over it save for a few neturla nations that had no army anyway?

Edited by Effect

The Black Tri-Stars took two episodes to finish off. The one that killed Matilda was destroyed at the same time, and then the next episode was Operation Odessa where they showed the remaining two giving kind of a salute to fallen 3rd one before the battle. I think they even did that boot/helmet/rifle display for him IIRC. They then lose to Amuro in the fight.

The Doms in this show will have an extra edge to their manuever thanks to their beam shields.

I doubt Mwu will pull a Ryu. That would cheapen everything about having him alive still.

Besides, he's in the credits this time, both the opening and the ending, unlike the last shwo where he was never in the ending. He's even decked out in an Orb uniform holding hands with Murrue.

Edited by Anubis

That does make Gibraltar sound a little funny, but since the Australian region was allied with ZAFT I could easily see Carpentaria being handed back after the treaty. Gibraltar depends on whose soil the base was on to begin with.

Any forward posts on EA territory would have went back to the EA, but everything one the pro-ZAFT side would also have been returned to ZAFT. Guess we need the map again.

Edited by Anubis

Not to go off topic here but do you think the SEED universe has basicly screwed itself due to how fast they've advanced the technolgoy in it?

I mean SEED seesm to go from, using UC as a point of reference, 0079(MSG) to just before 0087 in terms of technolgy. While SEED Destiny seems to have leaped from 0087(Zeta Gundam) to 0153(Victory Gundam) in terms of technology. After two series they already have beam shields on mobile suits.

They really could have pushed things for a long time if they had slowed the technology down and concentrated on story elelments. Yet it seems they wanted to sell the most toys and models in the shortest amount of time and the direction they took was making them more and more powerful. I wonder if this was planned and if they were thinkingly only short time or long term when it came to the SEED universe. The new UC, what SEED was being called seems like they meant to have the universe last but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by Effect

That 40% of the Alliance fleet that was wiped out by GENESIS, I'm willing to be was either all or mostly Atlantic Federation.

I don't the SEED universe has screwed itself just yet. What they need to do after this is just a long state of relative peace, with no one really making any overpowered suits, just a new mass production model here and there. Most of the tecnological advancements being made in the civil sector and very little in the military area. I'd like to see PLANT lose a lot of it's power after this war. Then much later on down the road, with no common enemy the Atlantic and Eurasian Federations start going at it again, with PLANT and various new space colonies and the Moon, picking sides. Have the war start out with both sides still using the Agamemnon and Nelson classes.

Edited by Druna Skass

Not to go off topic here but do you think the SEED universe has basicly screwed itself due to how fast they've advanced the technolgoy in it?

Not really. The beam shields are a variation of the device used at Artemis. And Beam shields are not standard armaments like in F-91 or V (well in F-91, EF didn't incorporate beam shields until F-91).

That scene from "Never Ending Tomorrow" sounds a lot like the 3rd Battle of Victoria.

"The third Battle of Victoria. The Earth Alliance attacks the ZAFT-controlled Victoria base, deploying numerous Dagger variations and new prototype machines for combat evaluation purposes."

I have that scene in my MSV promotional vids. I'll check later.

Even with GENESIS firing and finally being destoryed it seems that the EA was in a far better position. If they wanted to continue the fighting they could have I think and won in the end since the 3 Ship Alliance really could have stopped them since most of their forces were destoryed, all Gundam's destoryed. It doesn't make much sense when I look at this information. Why in the hell woudl the EA allow ZAFT back on Earth after they had full and compltely control over it save for a few neturla nations that had no army anyway?

Terms of the treaty I guess.

And yes, EA was in a good position in the last war. EA was beating ZAFT in numbers. ZAFT was beating EA with GENESIS. There lies the stalemate. ZAFT's defense line was crumbling. If Kusanagi, Eternal Athrun, and Cagalli got through, then you can be sure that EA broke through. But what did ZAFT have? GENESIS. One more shot would have ended it for EA. One more hour would have ended it for ZAFT. In the end, it was a stalemate.

Edited by azrael

313980[/snapback]

Technology leaps notwithstanding, the whole let's rush the show and then not have any reasonable strategy on either side makes no sense to me. Now, may be GSD has great back story about realistic military operations, like assault on Carpenteria and Gibralter, but we sure as hell don't see it.

Heck, I didn't even think ZAFT could hold on to Gibralter base at all, considering how EAF would nearly have that rock surrounded. It's as if the writers all took a stupid pill between GS and GSD.

Now, may be the CE universe doesn't have to die, but we could have a short series (20 episodes) or OVA focusing on specific battles in a region. You can have overlaps into GSD, but kind of like 08th MS team and 0080 side stories. Those were great. That might actually really flesh out this so called second war they're having.

Example: You could have a story about how Dullindal got his hands on Destroy data. I assume he didn't just hand over a design to EA. Or something to that effect. Or may be a development of Destiny/Legend, and have a decent side story. Hopefully, it'll make up for some of the poor story telling going on in GSD.

313980[/snapback]

Technology leaps notwithstanding, the whole let's rush the show and then not have any reasonable strategy on either side makes no sense to me. Now, may be GSD has great back story about realistic military operations, like assault on Carpenteria and Gibralter, but we sure as hell don't see it.

Heck, I didn't even think ZAFT could hold on to Gibralter base at all, considering how EAF would nearly have that rock surrounded. It's as if the writers all took a stupid pill between GS and GSD.

Now, may be the CE universe doesn't have to die, but we could have a short series (20 episodes) or OVA focusing on specific battles in a region. You can have overlaps into GSD, but kind of like 08th MS team and 0080 side stories. Those were great. That might actually really flesh out this so called second war they're having.

Example: You could have a story about how Dullindal got his hands on Destroy data. I assume he didn't just hand over a design to EA. Or something to that effect. Or may be a development of Destiny/Legend, and have a decent side story. Hopefully, it'll make up for some of the poor story telling going on in GSD.

313995[/snapback]

I'd like to see a little OAV on what the Girty Lue has been doing. I doubt it's been sitting on the Moon colleciting dust.

I'd like to see a little OAV on what the Girty Lue has been doing. I doubt it's been sitting on the Moon colleciting dust.

314010[/snapback]

Not a bad idea. The Girty Lue assault on Armory One was actually one of the few bright spots in all of GSD. It had well executed action, and Neo didn't look like a total moron that he became later on.

We can title it the adventures of Girty Lue, and even if it dies at the end, I don't mind, meaningful story... that's all I ask.

Another interesting thought

The Bling gundam has been around for at least two years. We can surmise that because old fart Uzumi died two years ago. Now, interestingly enough, when Orb was blown, it seems that EA troops likely occupied Orb, however briefly.

Yet, they somehow managed to miss the Bling Gundam. So, either EA is incredibly incompetent, or Uzumi is incredibly paranoid enough to have so many hiding places to hide his treasure trove of weapons that these units can't be found even with an extensive search.

So all we know is Uzumi ordered it built right? So we don't know when it was completed. It could have just been the frame sitting around somewhere and the Alliance just had more important things to deal with than an incomplete MS.

Either that or the Alliance was only interested in occupation and didn't really go around looking for secret weapons.

I want that Sky Grasper.

Edited by Druna Skass