Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

That better be false, unless the show has been extended past 50 episodes there is no need for a recap episode.  They wasted enough time between episodes 12 and 30 and if they plan on wasting time on this BS "episode" then they are wasting more precious time.  I honestly can't see how they are planning on climaxing then wrapping up the series in the next 11 episodes.

313131[/snapback]

Well this is Fukuda we're talking about...

Do people in Japan hate this guy too?

313148[/snapback]

This is something I really wish we could find out to be honest. I'd love to know what japanese fans think of the guy and of SEED Destiny.

Edited was not counted the the episode count. GSD may extend past the 50-episode mark (like 51..52...). It has been confirmed that it is moving up an hour early to make way for Blood TV series. But right now, we don't know.

Also from Gunota, our 3 DOM pilots.

Hilda Harken - Michiko Neya

Mars Simeon - Junichi Suwabe

Herbert Von Reinhardt - Taiten Kusunoki

There is an issue about the Gundam Ace previews so I'll post those when it gets cleared up. There are also Dengeki Hobby previews as well. I'll get to those when they are translated.

Akatsuki's backpack is actually a Striker pack (looks like ORB had a Silhoutte system long before ZAFT... :lol: )

akatsuki0to6tr.th.jpg

edit: one more thing. Word around the grapevine is Akatsuki was originally intended for Kira but he got Freedom so it went to Cagalli. A good nod to F91 would be if the 2 guns on the backpack were VSBRs. I would like to see those things again.

Edit 2: even more images:

Color Akatsuki (I think this is the real Hyaku Shiki homage...)colorakatsuki5vm.th.jpg

And the DOM pilots, Euclid and Strike Booster:dompilotsbooster8ea.th.jpg

Edited by azrael

Yeah I'm not done yet.

(Spoilers, highlight to read, thanks to the guys at Seed-Forums)

Degenki Hobby

41 Refrain

Parted with Dullindal's ideal and was shot down by his pursuers, Athrun was saved by ArchAngel. In the midst of humility and pain, he looked back in the past to find the perpetrator of all this...

On the other hand, Kira flew again because Lacus was in danger. Desperatly, he asked Athrun what the future will be like as the war escalates.

42 Freedom and Justice

The Orb Force was completely suppressed by ZAFT's attack. Cagalli's Akatsuki went up against Shinn and Destiny, who launched on the reason of "I'll strike at Orb myself". But danger loomed in the face of difference in strength. Just when she was about to be shot down, S-Freedom appeared in the sky, as well as I-Justice...

43 Sound of Counterstrike

Determined, Athrun piloted I-Justce, and headed for Kira's S-Freedom, which is engaging Destiny and Legend. Athrun asked Shinn "What exactly is your true wish?" However, in the middle of the battle, Djibril planned to escape...

44 Two Lacus's

Posing as Head of Orb, Cagalli held a press conference on the previous battles, and the PLANT side countered with Meer's statements. However, Lacus, who finally made her appearance and posed as the real thing, placed the world into a state of confusion. Dullindal, as well as Djibril, continued to act while holding their own thoughts.

Translation #2 (From Animesuki)

Ep. 41

Athrun seperated himself from Dullandal's ideals and approach. Unable to shake off his persuers, Athrun is shot down and delivered to the Archangel. While enduring the disgrase and pain, he looks back on the primary causes from the past. Meanwhile, Kira will take off to go to Lacus, who has fallen into a crisis. While in a frantic mood to save Lacus, he talks to his best friend Athrun - what path should this war take...

Ep. 42

The intensity of ZAFT's invasion of Orb grows. Cagalli is desperately trying to return to her country after getting into the new MS, Akatsuki. Appearing before her is Shinn in Destiny who is determined that "if we attack Orb, I'll do it myself!", and against the clear gap in strength, Cagalli falls into a predicament. The one who saves her from that crisis is none other than "him"...

Ep. 43

Kira is in a hard fight against Destiny and Legend. Athrun, having finally shaken off his doubts, is rushing there in the new model Justice! Meanwhile, Cagalli has safely returned to Orb, and has begun to take over command from Yuna. After Djbriel has escaped into space and the battle has temporarily ended, the actions Cagalli takes, is as expected...

ep. 44

Meer started a broadcast in order to interfere with Cagalli's speech. At that time, finally the real Lacus makes an appearance before the camera. Saying "Please do not fall into a trap of words", Lacus's appeal rushes around the entire world, causing a great commotion. About that time, Djbriel launches his plan to recover from his hopeless situation. Reflective satelite "Requiem"'s alignment is set towards PLANT...

Gundam Ace

41 Refrain

Athrun parted with Dullindal's vision. Unable to stop his pursuers, Athrun was shot down but then was saved by ArchAngel. While enduring humility and pain, he looked back to the past trying the find the true mastermind of all that had happened. On the other hand, Kira flew to Lacus's side because she was in danger. While worrying desperately about Lacus, he asked his dearest friend. To where will this war lead the future...

42 Freedom and Justice

ZAFT's invasion of Orb intensified. Cagalli, piloting the new Akatsuki, fought to protect her country with her life. Appearing before her is a determined Shinn with Destiny, who said "I'll strike at Orb myself". Cagalli was in danger because of the great differences in strenght. She was saved in the critical minute, and this person is...

43 Voice of Counterstrike

Kira was fighting hard against Destiny and Legend. At this time, Athrun cleared all his doubts, and rushed in with the new Justice. On the other hand, Cagalli returned to Orb safely, and replaced Yuna and started to command. After the battle ended with Djibril's escape to space, what action will Cagalli now take...

44 Two Lacus's

Meer began broadcasting in an attempt to hinder Cagalli's speech. At this time, the real Lacus appeared in front of the camera. Lacus's words, "Please do not fall for the trap of words any more", shook the whole world. The same moment, Djibril tried to turn back the tide. He aimed the Satilite Reflector Cannon "Requiem" at PLANTs.

Other notes:

-Djibril will bite the dust for sure. No clue as to when but for sure..at some point..you get the idea...

-A better title for 43 might be "Voice of Opposition/Resistance"  That sounds a bit better than "Counterstrike".

Edited by azrael

Wow, you can really see the design elements of the Strike in the Akatsugi. But this should then lead to the logical conclusion that the Akatsugi will get raped in battle, especially against the Destiny. I mean, 2 seconds combat time tops. The producers really shouldn't have shown Strike getting wiped out by the Zakus last ep.....

The Akatsuki looks like it has elements from the strike but beefed up some with an independent Strike Pack. The "cockpit" of the fighter is straight from the G-Defensor in Zeta. Instead of actually using the Rouge with IWSP they one-upped it with this to have another Gundam. I like the beam cannons attatched to the pack, and the dual edge saber. This is probably comparable to the Impulse in terms of performance. Kind of a Super Strike in a way.

It's not going to be able to take any of the other new Gundams successfully, but it should hold it's own some at least.

I think we might finally see some of the PLANTS go down. I must say it's about damn time as well. Earth has already taken the bulk of deaths in SEED and SEED Destiny. It's about time PLANT took some serious hits. Even if that happens the deaths caused by ZAFT are still going to outnumber the deaths on the PLANTs.

Edited by Effect

Whoa I really like the Akatsuki, I think with the proper pilot it would be able to take on Destiny and Legend. I think it would be more on the level of the first Justice. If it were up to me, I'd add in a DRAGOON system and that weapon the Amutrasu had that could drain an MS of it's power.

Solar reflector, so the Alliance has a Solar System then? This should be interesting.

Yep, still not done yet. More info (courtesy of AnimeSuki's forum)

-Degenki mentions that Akatsuki has an "mirror coating" to counter beam weapons. Beam weapons actually reflect off the armor.

*Guess Shinn needs to perform his signature move again...Akatsuki is definitely a nod to Hyaku Shiki.

-Andy's Gaia is suppose to be the same one Stellar used.

*Huh? I think Destiny Astray needs to step in and address this issue....

Edited by azrael

Bwah? How the hell did Lacus get the Gaia?? That's too much of a plot hole not to address in the actual series. Dang....

There's no way the Akatsugi could defeat Legend or Destiny. It could last against them for under 10 minutes depending on the pilot, if that.

Bwah?  How the hell did Lacus get the Gaia??  That's too much of a plot hole not to address in the actual series.  Dang....

There's no way the Akatsugi could defeat Legend or Destiny.  It could last against them for under 10 minutes depending on the pilot, if that.

313291[/snapback]

The speculation is Lacus is still a pretty powerful figure in ZAFT and a lot of people is secertly following and supporting her. If she asks for something, they will give it to her.

Bwah?  How the hell did Lacus get the Gaia??  That's too much of a plot hole not to address in the actual series.  Dang....

313291[/snapback]

Do people have zero imagination anymore? Do you really need everything spelt out for you in exact detail?

How they got Gaia is completely unimportant, and not a 'plot hole'.

Considering that Gaia is a Gundam and ZAFT just got it back, one would expect it to be under heavy guard when not in service unless they want another repeat of when it was first stolen. Which begs the question, exactly how did they get their hands on it? And even if they stole it, wouldn't they've had to fight off forces coming after them?

It's not really a simple answer I would think. Not everything needs to be explained since there are times when the view can assume certain things in a story but I don't think it's one of them. People can assume characters shower and go to the bathroom. We don't have to see. Yet when you see one side have a Gundam, under guard and then later on you see it with another group, completely customized and it's said to be the same machine, answers are needed. You can assume they stole it but exactly how is a big question since it isn't an easy thing to steal and why wasn't it reported stolen or shown to be reported storle if it's such an important machine?

Couldn't the Gaia remains been on that shuttle they stole? Like in the cargo hold or some crap? Whatever, anyways a quick question on beam shields. If another mobile suit touches the beam shield, would they just be deflected away, or would they get burnt up, cut up or damaged in some shape or form?

Well seeing as how Kisaka walked right into Gibraltar, I'm guessing some of Lacus's people probably just walked into what ever base Gaia was at and showed some bogus transffer orders and just walked off with it.

313377[/snapback]

Don't you know? ZAFT has horrible security. :lol: It is possible that when they were loading up Gaia on the transport, that transport took a "detour".

Whatever, anyways a quick question on beam shields. If another mobile suit touches the beam shield, would they just be deflected away, or would they get burnt up, cut up or damaged in some shape or form?

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/ba...html#beamshield

I think that's the best answer we have for you.

Wow, you can really see the design elements of the Strike in the Akatsugi.  But this should then lead to the logical conclusion that the Akatsugi will get raped in battle, especially against the Destiny.  I mean, 2 seconds combat time tops.  The producers really shouldn't have shown Strike getting wiped out by the Zakus last ep.....

313241[/snapback]

Bulldust. Akatsuki has a lot more to offer by the look of all the weapons it has than Strike. Strike is severely undergunned.

Finally, Jona gets what he deserves.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11...486474bc5qc.gif

Kinda funny how Cagalli got Jona to admit to her identity.

(BTW, there was an 6.0 earthquake in Japan so it will be a pain to find any clean screenshots) http://www.h-opera.com/

Apparently Kira has been teaching Cagalli some Jedi tricks. Akatsuki....No one can harm that thing...unless they get physical (i.e. melee fight, Shinn needs to perform his signature move, stab the belly with a anti-ship sword). Unlike a beam shield that absorbs the hit, the mirror coating armor reflects it right back. Not only are you wasting your shoot, you get a refund as well. :lol:

Edited by azrael

Do people have zero imagination anymore? Do you really need everything spelt out for you in exact detail?

How they got Gaia is completely unimportant, and not a 'plot hole'.

Kira making his way and getting into the cockpit of the Strike Rouge while preparing to booster to space I can imagine.

A rogue organization dubbed as terrorists by ZAFT somehow stealing Gaia, a suit that has already BEEN stolen once before and recently recovered, without any sort of repercussions whatsoever is a plot hole.

It would be like having the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss appear in the ZAFT hangers one ep and then be piloted by the EA on Earth the next ep, with no explanation as to how they got there.

Bulldust. Akatsuki has a lot more to offer by the look of all the weapons it has than Strike. Strike is severely undergunned

What's Bull-dust? :D

But seriously, it's not a question of the weapons on the thing, it's a question of its age. Regardless of how armed it is, it was designed *years* earlier than the latest generation of MS's - so like Strike it has a slower OS, outdated engineering and mechanics, and a less efficient power source (remember it was only Zaft who came up with the anti-neutron jammer cancellers - and even if ORB had the technology back then, there's no way Cagalli's dad would want to so blatantly violate the treaty and upset the balance, bla bla).

The thing is O-L-D. It's Windows 3.1 as compared to Shinn's Windows XP w/SP2 hehe.

At least, that's the way it should be. From the sounds of it, it's holding its own just fine :p

Edited by Magnus

(BTW, there was an 6.0 earthquake in Japan so it will be a pain to find any clean screenshots) http://www.h-opera.com/

Apparently Kira has been teaching Cagalli some Jedi tricks. Akatsuki....No one can harm that thing...unless they get physical (i.e. melee fight, Shinn needs to perform his signature move, stab the belly with a anti-ship sword). Unlike a beam shield that absorbs the hit, the mirror coating armor reflects it right back. Not only are you wasting your shoot, you get a refund as well. :lol:

313461[/snapback]

Awwww, I feel so bad for Yuna, what did he ever do to deserve that punch? Cagalli is a bitch.... :angry:

Heh heh, this is interesting, they did an MS for Cagalli that made her less vulnerable... Where are the missiles for that little bitch.

313461[/snapback]

Awwww, I feel so bad for Yuna, what did he ever do to deserve that punch? Cagalli is a bitch.... :angry:

Heh heh, this is interesting, they did an MS for Cagalli that made her less vulnerable... Where are the missiles for that little bitch.

313475[/snapback]

So much hate for her....maybe your jelous that she got the Bling Gundam. :p Haha Jk

Bulldust. Akatsuki has a lot more to offer by the look of all the weapons it has than Strike. Strike is severely undergunned

...But seriously, it's not a question of the weapons on the thing, it's a question of its age. Regardless of how armed it is, it was designed *years* earlier than the latest generation of MS's - so like Strike it has a slower OS, outdated engineering and mechanics, and a less efficient power source (remember it was only Zaft who came up with the anti-neutron jammer cancellers - and even if ORB had the technology back then, there's no way Cagalli's dad would want to so blatantly violate the treaty and upset the balance, bla bla).

313472[/snapback]

Anti-neutron jammer canceller...talk about a bad contridiction....

What treaty? I don't remember ORB ever signing any treaty.

The thing is O-L-D. It's Windows 3.1 as compared to Shinn's Windows XP w/SP2 hehe.

I'd take DOS/command prompt over any GUI any day. :p

So much hate for her....maybe your jelous that she got  the Bling Gundam.  :p  Haha Jk

313477[/snapback]

I'm jealous because she got a gundam that defies the law of physics. Hell, you'd be jealous too if you got a machine that can do that. (See Babi for example)

This episode seems to scream that the art team they have for GSD are either second rate or too lazy. Most of the sequences were reused. And the bling gundam is well kinda like Freedom painted gold. All the gundams are like mix and match the parts.

I wish they'd finish off this Orb sequence already. They'll put up an Orb sequence along with a recap episode, sick of Orb. Geez, the only thing I was looking forward to in the whole episode was Shinn showing up, I was so hoping he slice up the blonde bitch.

I'm jealous because she got a gundam that defies the law of physics. Hell, you'd be jealous too if you got a machine that can do that. (See Babi for example)

This episode seems to scream that the art team they have for GSD are either second rate or too lazy. Most of the sequences were reused. And the bling gundam is well kinda like Freedom painted gold. All the gundams are like mix and match the parts.

I wish they'd finish off this Orb sequence already. They'll put up an Orb sequence along with a recap episode, sick of Orb. Geez, the only thing I was looking forward to in the whole episode was Shinn showing up, I was so hoping he slice up the blonde bitch.

Wait so why are you mad again? It sort of got lost in translation for me. We've already known there's alot of reused scenes, Mobile Suits which are just hack jobs of previously shown mobile suits thru the gundam universe....and that the Gundams many times look alot alike or look like pieces of other gundams.

I mean, last time I checked, this was an alternate universe storyline.....meaning simply, they can hack, slash, reuse parts all they want cause if it appeared in a different universe :p they'll damn well use it on here.

As for Episode 40, that's too bad that the Emergancy broadcast had to appear with the show taking up 60% of the screen unless it was a commerical...you notice that? It did that when the show was on, but when it came to a commerical we got full screen again UNTIL the show started up again.....

But if you never saw the raw, well, now you know.

I can tell you alot of fansubbers for the show, maybe even Haro or SEED will really be mad about this.

But hey my heart goes out to Tokyo right now for a quake that was as bad as 1992 :p .......woopie, California has a quake and you don't really hear much of it cause ppl are use to it in my opinion

Wait so why are you mad again? It sort of got lost in translation for me.  We've already known there's alot of reused scenes, Mobile Suits which are just hack jobs of previously shown mobile suits thru the gundam universe....and that the Gundams many times look alot alike or look like pieces of other gundams.

I mean, last time I checked, this was an alternate universe storyline.....meaning simply, they can hack, slash, reuse parts all they want cause if it appeared in a different universe :p they'll damn well use it on here.

As for Episode 40, that's too bad that the Emergancy broadcast had to appear with the show taking up 60% of the screen unless it was a commerical...you notice that? It did that when the show was on, but when it came to a commerical we got full screen again UNTIL the show started up again.....

But if you never saw the raw, well, now you know.

I can tell you alot of fansubbers for the show, maybe even Haro or SEED will really be mad about this.

But hey my heart goes out to Tokyo right now for a quake that was as bad as 1992 :p .......woopie, California has a quake and you don't really hear much of it cause ppl are use to it in my opinion

313566[/snapback]

Mad? Don't think so... was nitpicking... it was honestly kind of fun to watch a show that manages to be so consistent in its inconsistency. The imminent start of the super robot show part 2 will be pretty good once we get pass the recap.

yeah, saw the commercials on full screen. I guess we know what's more important in Japan. Commercial over normal programming any day. Heck, commercials over natural disasters, I bet they'd have full screen commercials even if Godzilla was rampaging through downtown Tokyo. :lol:

As for people in CA being used to quakes. I haven't felt one since I've been in the bay area, and it's been eight years plus now. But then again, I'm sure people will feel it when it gets up to 7 or 8.

The best part was when Cagali ordered Yuna's arrest. The commander knocks him to the floor and a bunch of soldiers (kinda looks like they came outta no where :p ) jumped him to arrest him. :lol: That was the highpoint of this ep for me. Been waiting for that for 30 eps. :rolleyes:

Yah I saw the raw and had that thingy during the show but not the commercials. I didnt know what it was about untill after the ep as done. Yet they didnt play it during the commercials! :angry: Well 'Hiro' took care of that pretty well. :)

And at times that California has its earthquakes, I thank God everytime that Im on the East Coast! :D Have fun over there. ^_^

Man, I cannot believe it's gonna be a recap show next week! What the hell were the writers thinking?? Ugh

Still, for all those wining about how Cagalli has been reduced to nothing but a crybaby, this ep should mollify them. She's very assertive, authoritative, and....shockingly effective now. I have a feeling we'll see this same sort of character redemption in Athrun in upcoming eps.

As much as I hate when a character is made pointless as Cagalli has/was, the abrupt changes in personality are just as bad if not worst I feel. They spend so much time presenting the character in one light only to 180 the character in a second. Change is great but it's all about presentation and how it's done, in this case very poorly it seems. I'm not surprised though.

Okay it is no surprise that Destiny suffers from a LOT of problems. My question is, Fukuda's other series, do they suffer just as bad or are they surprisingly good?

I've noticed that a LOT of the racing anime that he's done, other then the TV series are OVAs with short episode counts. I've kinda been of the opinion, due to the first 7 or so episodes of SEED Destiny which seem to be high in quality, that Fukuda was better off in doing shorter series with low episode counts. I wonder if people have felt that was true when it came to his other series he's done. Is it?

Well gents, there is a satellite version of this week's episode without the scrolling emergency announcement (which I have and should be avaliable now).

The hope is, next week's clip show will try to offer something we haven't seen or addressed yet. The last 2, despite being clip shows :rolleyes: , did offer some food for thought. Hopefully, this one can do the same.

edit: According to the Gundam Ace spoilers,

Andy's Gaia will join AA. So perhaps Andy drops down with Kira and Lacus. Eternal will probably head back to the factory to get the DOMs. It hasn't been indicated whether Gaia will join AA's MS compliment (Murasames + Akatsuki) or join AA's side (which is a given already).
Guess will have to wait 2 weeks. Edited by azrael

As much as I hate when a character is made pointless as Cagalli has/was, the abrupt changes in personality are just as bad if not worst I feel. They spend so much time presenting the character in one light only to 180 the character in a second. Change is great but it's all about presentation and how it's done, in this case very poorly it seems. I'm not surprised though.

313643[/snapback]

Well on that part, Cagali was not defending ORB itself unitll now. She has been following the principles of ORB, or well tried to after her kidnapping. The battles in which the AA was trying to stop ORB's forces from attacking the Minerva and her defending ORB are different. She would not fight ORB's Murasames and tried to make ORB not fight as a puppet of the EAF. That goes against their ideals 'not to interfere with another nations issues' or something to that effect. Her defense of ORB is clearly in the ideals of ORB 'We shall not let ourselves be invaded by another sovreignty' or close to that.

Bitchy, whiny, crybaby, or whatever she may have been before, she did have a reason for being more pacifistic. Now that ORB is under direct danger of being 'burned down' again, she will try to defend it. I dont think there is anything wrong with that or that it is a sudden change in her presentation of charcter. She has tryed to be assertive but it hasent worked. This time she outsmarted Yuna and had him arrested and then took control of ORB forces. I was pleased with it. Guess you were not. Ohh well Fukada cant please everyone. ^_^

Okay it is no surprise that Destiny suffers from a LOT of problems. My question is, Fukuda's other series, do they suffer just as bad or are they surprisingly good?

You know, I don't see it that way. I think the writing in Destiny is more subtle than that - basically you have these two strong characters who, through the circumstances around them, begin to start doubting their beliefs and in the process themselves, under-mining their self-confidance, and the payoff for people who are invested in these characters is seeing them once again regaining the strength that they started out with and maturing as a result. I don't see it as "180 from crybaby to heroine". But that's just me apparently.

Effect, no offense man, but it doesn't seem as though there's ANYthing that Destiny can do that'll please you.

Edited by Magnus