Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Is it me or is the subbing of ep 32 takin way longer than usual????? Am I the only one not to see it out yet??? :blink:

With my luck, in 5 minutes it iwll be out and I will sound like a big impatient dummy. :unsure:

Is there any reason for the delay??? Like all the groups gave up cuz of the bad ratings or crap? Grrrrr......... :angry:

Is it me or is the subbing of ep 32 takin way longer than usual????? Am I the only one not to see it out yet??? :blink:

With my luck, in 5 minutes it iwll be out and I will sound like a big impatient dummy. :unsure:

Is there any reason for the delay??? Like all the groups gave up cuz of the bad ratings or crap? Grrrrr......... :angry:

Holiday weekend.

Man...i won't come up with episode critiques as detailed as all of yours but...i think i am annoyed that I felt no real attachment to any of the gundams in this series.

THere were alot of nice designs i thought...and none of them showed up enough. IE: The Chaos although the most common of the 3 stolen gundams to have screen time don't even use its weapons pods much. It just flies around trying to hit Shinn or Kira without much avail. Abyss....shoots its beams and torpedoes never hitting the minerva...gaia...well...i don't remmeber much...the zakus are victim to recycled animation, and so is the Saviour which pretty much became scrap metal after less than 10 episodes of its introduction. Gouf ignited...pffft...enuff said. Destroy Gundam...gone within 1 and 1/4 of and episode. So the only mecha that got good screen time was the Freedom and Impulse. There are new ones coming out down the line, and i doubt we'll see much of them either before they get pwned.

Is it me or is the subbing of ep 32 takin way longer than usual????? Am I the only one not to see it out yet???  :blink:

32 was subbed days ago, you must have missed it somehow.

Dear God I missed it........................

I feel even more like a nub....... :(

Gonna cry to sleep now :(

Seed Fansubs still doesn't have 32 subbed online, who does? The episode aired not that long ago. Sunday/Monday seems like the normal release time for the fansub.

Man...i won't come up with episode critiques as detailed as all of yours but...i think i am annoyed that I felt no real attachment to any of the gundams in this series.

THere were alot of nice designs i thought...and none of them showed up enough. IE: The Chaos although the most common of the 3 stolen gundams to have screen time don't even use its weapons pods much. It just flies around trying to hit Shinn or Kira without much avail. Abyss....shoots its beams and torpedoes never hitting the minerva...gaia...well...i don't remmeber much...the zakus are victim to recycled animation, and so is the Saviour which pretty much became scrap metal after less than 10 episodes of its introduction. Gouf ignited...pffft...enuff said. Destroy Gundam...gone within 1 and 1/4 of and episode. So the only mecha that got good screen time was the Freedom and Impulse. There are new ones coming out down the line, and i doubt we'll see much of them either before they get pwned.

That is kinda sad. There was a topic about how the Gundams were used over at AnimeSuki. Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss were really wasted I feel. I guess that's what happens when you just add gundams for the hell fo it. The word Gundam no longer has any special meaning I think in Destiny, same for SEED actually. It's at the point that it's pointless to make mass produced suits when Gundams make such quick work of them now. Just have tons of backup pilots and 3 or 5 Gundams and call that your entire army. At least that seems the direction they are going in.

Chaos should have stayed in space with the EA fleets up there. Gaia should have been with some of the forces building new bases, protecting them. Abyss shoud have stayed with Neo in his hunt for the Minerva. Swtich Auel and Stellar in mobile suits and Stellar and Shin could have still meet, just that Abyss wouldn't have been destoryed then and Stellar woudl actually have to meet some other way. Or keep them in the same suits but at one point Stellar is with Neo and Auel and she meets Shin like in the series. Comes back later on and gets captured along with the Gaia.

They really could have made some interesting battles with these suits if they had put forth just a little bit of effort instead of having grunts miss Shin as he hovers while he scores direct shots as they are moving around him or running away. If money was a problem, then maybe they shouldn't have so many mobile suits in the series, let alone GUndams and keep battles small scale and more tactical and lost of mobile suits a big thing like in MSG, and other UC series until final battles.

Seed Fansubs still doesn't have 32 subbed online, who does? The episode aired not that long ago. Sunday/Monday seems like the normal release time for the fansub.

Cellphone Fansubs are out. They are one of the fastest to come out.

Everytime someone says this a group delays it 1 more hour.

Point of this? It will come out when it comes out. I have seen it come out subbed as early as Sunday or as late as Thursday. It will come when it comes. If you really can't wait, watch it raw or with Chinese subs.

OMG! I AM SOOOOOO PISSED :angry::angry: They wasted Stellar, she was my fav character in Destiny, and now she's dead :( I know they needed to make sure Shinn detests Freedom but... why her :( The episode was defenitly the turning point in SEED Destiny as was episode 29-30 of the original SEED series, but.... STELLAARRRR!!!!!! :runs off crying like a little girl:

I wonder if Shin will forget that it was he that went straight for the kill by slashing at the cockpit. While Kira went for the weapons, actually as a result saving Shin's life in the process.

I'm more interested in seeing what happens next because Murrue has now seen Neo. Strange. That interestes me a LOT more then what will happen between Kira and Shinn to be honest.

Yup the EA sucks yet there is no reason why they actually should be sucking at all. That's the whole thing about it. If there was actually a legit, logicial, and common sense reason then it wouldn't be so bad but there isn't at all.

Yeah, really, if we factor things in like the Alliance's manufacturing capabilites, they should have totaly steam rolled ZAFT and ran them off Earth and be fighting in space by now. I don't care how good Shinn and Impulse are, he's not going to drive off over 100 Windams.

This is really beggning to piss me off, I mean come the hell on, the Alliance wants to annihilate PLANT, and they control, like what 5 continents? I'm pretty sure that's far more resources and manufacturing capabilites than PLANT could ever pull togeather. And the whole time we see the Alliance it's like they're fighting with both hands cuffed behind them. They developed the Hyperion, they developed the Mobius Zero's Gunbarrels and suddenly they've become so inept that they can't put togeather a decent Gundam? The only reason I'm still watching this pile of crap series is to see what happens with Neo and Ramius.

Remember the original gundams when they would bring out ace pilots on the other side every so often who aren't main characters, sometimes they'd be killed in three or four episodes, sometimes, they last throughout the rest of the series. They need to do that with EA. All of those MAs last exactly one episode or one battle with crappy pilots.

Part of the problem is that Minerva need to get some cannon fodder pilots in their ship. They had those two guys in the very beginning, but then never again. The ship essentially has all aces, and apparently EA has no aces. How funny is that.

And finally, I miss the old druggie pilots. They were fun, they were slaughtering cannon fodders for a long while. before they died. They were at least marginally effective.

Edited by kalvasflam

And finally, I miss the old druggie pilots.  They were fun, they were slaughtering cannon fodders for a long while. before they died.  They were at least marginally effective.

Glad I'm not the only one, I like those three guys more than any of the current Destiny characters (not including hold-overs from the first SEED). It was fun watching them annihilate the ZAFT guys the way the Mobius units were in the beginning.

I just love that one liner Crot throws out when he notices some ZAFT suits going after the Peacemakers.

"Where you going, you must play with us!"

I'm looking at my Blue Frame 2nd, and started thinking, the Alliance is probably better off just hiering the Serpent Tail to go after the Minerva. It's not like they don't have the money.

Edited by Druna Skass

While Kira went for the weapons, actually as a result saving Shin's life in the process.

In fact, if Kira didn't go for the weapons, Stellar would have been Nicol'ed. Shinn should be happy he has a body to bury. Shinn will only think "Stellar is dead. Freedom killed her. Freedom must be pwn'ed." Someone has to tell Shinn that killing Freedom doesn't take away the pain of losing family and your girl. And as I see it, Shinn needs to have his ass kicked like Saviour. Someone like that who thinks like that needs to be taught a lesson, the hard way.

Concerning EA...I already gave up on them. The enemy now looks like ZAFT. Considering Dullindal is acting like a certain Dark Lord of the Sith and Shinn is acting like a certain apprentice to that dark lord.... :D

Concerning Mu/Neo and Murrue....This one, I hope ends happily. Murrue has a second chance with the man who makes the impossible possible. As for a Gundam for Neo/Mu....I think he'll take Andy's Murasame, but he needs his own Gundam. Preferably, something with gunbarrels, or Lacus can steal the specs for a DRAGOON system, give it to ORB, and have them build Mu/Neo a special Gundam...Or just recycle Freedom and give it to Mu/Neo. :lol:

They developed the Hyperion, they developed the Mobius Zero's Gunbarrels and suddenly they've become so inept that they can't put togeather a decent Gundam?

Would you believe they built their own Freedom? I think you should read Destiny Astray...

EGX-00 Testament Gundam

ninjafailatvanishing0tb7zq.th.jpg

it would've been nice if the druggies actually managed to kill a main line character from Seed. But that's still better than what the three new guys did.

Auel and Stella are dead, and it's likely that Sting bit the dust too. They've been around for about half the show, and if I had to guess, they probably killed more people in stealing the gundams. Auel probably had the best kill ratio of the three if you don't count Destroy. And no main line characters killed, I don't count Heine as a real kill for Stella since that happened more by accident than anything else. So, in the end they're boring. At least the original three were entertaining. Especially Crot, who was essentially a punk.

Concerning Mu/Neo and Murrue....This one, I hope ends happily. Murrue has a second chance with the man who makes the impossible possible. As for a Gundam for Neo/Mu....I think he'll take Andy's Murasame, but he needs his own Gundam. Preferably, something with gunbarrels, or Lacus can steal the specs for a DRAGOON system, give it to ORB, and have them build Mu/Neo a special Gundam...Or just recycle Freedom and give it to Mu/Neo. :lol:

I was talking to Dat Pinche Haro about that awhile ago. Since Mwu was originaly a Mobile Armor pilot they should give him a really tricked out Murasame with a DRAGOON system and nuclear engine.

here's a thought i just had about kira's newtype abilities.

i remember that in a flashback mwu's father approached the scientist who wanted to create the ultimate coordinator(kira) and had asked the scientist to clone him which resulted in rau. well since the scientist did clone mwu's father he would need his genetic information right. so what if he found a gene that resulted in newtype abilities in mwu's family, hw would've wanted to implant that into the kira because he was going to be the ultimate coordinator.

during gundam seed the "ping" would only occur when mwu and rau were around each other, so perphaps they can only sense others who have the same type gene. in one episode when they were fighting in the interior of a colony it pinged when rau sensed kira, so that could mean that he shares some genetic similarity with rau and mwu. and i think that's why in seed destiny kira was able to sense neo during the battle in episode 23 and in 32. and it would also pertain to neo and rey during their fight at the beginning of the series, sharing some genetic similarities.

newtype ability in GS universe is so poorly explained that no one really knows what it means. They should've stuck with the genetic modifications and limited to that. I could've easily believed that you can genetically modify someone up to the point where they can multi-task (i.e. run funnels) with a sophisticated enough OS, the so called new type reactions just doesn't make sense to me. The rip off of the original gundam is done so poorly that it's better not to have that at all.

I don't mind that the writer is trying to be original in storyline, and I also don't mind them paying homage to the original series. But they're trying to do both, and can't really do either thing very well. This is getting ridiculous, Zakus, Goufs, Doms, I'm just waiting for Marasai, Hi-Zacks, Jagens, Sazabis, and others now.

remember that in a flashback mwu's father approached the scientist who wanted to create the ultimate coordinator(kira) and had asked the scientist to clone him which resulted in rau. well since the scientist did clone mwu's father he would need his genetic information right. so what if he found a gene that resulted in newtype abilities in mwu's family, hw would've wanted to implant that into the kira because he was going to be the ultimate coordinator

Simply....we don't know. I thought about this exact same thing when Seed was on. But since it was never detailed, I let it remain a mystery. Since you have to factor in the SEED factor (which could lead to Newtype-ism) this becomes questionable. So I left it as the mystery it is.

They should've stuck with the genetic modifications and limited to that. I could've easily believed that you can genetically modify someone up to the point where they can multi-task (i.e. run funnels) with a sophisticated enough OS, the so called new type reactions just doesn't make sense to me. The rip off of the original gundam is done so poorly that it's better not to have that at all.
Technically, it is still a fight between Coordinators and Naturals on the whole. Only Mu/Neo, Le Crueset, Rey and Kira exhibit Newtype traits. But even Kira is still in it's early stages. The fight is really just those people as oppose to everybody. In the UC timeline, Newtypes were all over the place. In SEED, it's just those guys. In the end, just to stay consistent, these guys should only be fighting each other. Also in SEED, Mu and Le Crueset are the only known/last Newtypes so I don't see why they should go into explaining that mess.
This is getting ridiculous, Zakus, Goufs, Doms, I'm just waiting for Marasai, Hi-Zacks, Jagens, Sazabis, and others now.

Those will come in Gundam Seed DD and Athrun's Counterattack. :lol:

Was it Fukuda that said Mwu and Rau were the last or only newtypes?

I don't think we can really go by that. Since it seems that he doesn't really know what he's talking about half the time when it comes to his own series. He's the man that said that the weapons on the Archangel could wipe out a mobile suit with no trouble yet started to babble when someone asked about Mwu stopping the blast from the Dominion and then made some other excuse for it and basicly ignored the question? Then there is Neo and Rey, not to mention Kira's sensing of Rau at the very end of SEED. It seems he says one thing, ignores it and does something else down the line.

Also in SEED, Mu and Le Crueset are the only known/last Newtypes so I don't see why they should go into explaining that mess.

So what's the deal with Morgan (Gunbarrel Dagger pilot)?

That's the Astray mangas. :) I don't think Fukada touches Astray. I think he confines himself to just the anime. If he didn't then we'd have Prayer, Canard, Ed the Ripper and a whole bunch of other people to deal with. Heck, in SEED, we only saw Re H.O.M.E. once.

What i don't like about the anime...that it goes on a teeniebopper "genre"

like... "War is bad" , "must protect her!" etc etc....

I like the UC century...a bit of "war is bad" but very chaotic....

Im still waiting for the Gundam series to have gore....like in Macross series and OVA's....especially in PLUS and Zero

;):D:lol::ph34r:

Im still waiting for the Gundam series to have gore....like in Macross series and OVA's....especially in PLUS and Zero

;):D:lol::ph34r:

I take it you still haven't seen Victory.

Also in SEED, Mu and Le Crueset are the only known/last Newtypes so I don't see why they should go into explaining that mess.

So what's the deal with Morgan (Gunbarrel Dagger pilot)?

That's the Astray mangas. :) I don't think Fukada touches Astray. I think he confines himself to just the anime. If he didn't then we'd have Prayer, Canard, Ed the Ripper and a whole bunch of other people to deal with. Heck, in SEED, we only saw Re H.O.M.E. once.

Well I guess that explaines why Astray is better...

I was flipping though the Destiny Astray and in a few scenes where Morgan is fighting Ed, it looks like he has that ping.

;)  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:

I take it you still haven't seen Victory.

Yup...don't plan to watch it....looks childish to me....just my opinion...no offense to fans. :rolleyes:

Kinda amusing, really. In my opinion, Victory was nothing more than an excuse for Tomino to find new and inventive ways to kill off his characters. Uso's mom, anyone?

Yeah, it's kind of funny to hear it called childish since it was actually by far the darkest Gundam series. Zeta gets hyped up a lot, but it wasn't really any darker than a lot of other Gundam shows until everyone just up and died in the last few episodes. On the other hand, Victory Gundam is just one long bloodbath.

Kinda amusing, really. In my opinion, Victory was nothing more than an excuse for Tomino to find new and inventive ways to kill off his characters. Uso's mom, anyone?

I just love how the Tomino fanboys who do the reviews over at MAHQ piss and moan that there isn't anything original or new in the AU and constantly praise Tomino, yet they can predict what charcter dies and when. I don't know about any of you guys, but when I can predict who dies and when, well things aren't exactly new and original anymore.

Oh those Tomino fanboys (even the UC fanboys)....They're so cute when they talk about how those worlds are better. :lol:

Here are some tidbits, this morning from Flets' SEED site (thanks to the guys at AnimeSuki for the translation).

Q : What's the Gundam in the ED which looks like Providence?

A : It's Legend Gundam, an MS developed at the same time along with Destiny. Because of improvements made to the quantum interface, it has the new DRAGOON system which normal pilots without special abilities like Mwu and Creuset can also operate.

-Heine is killed by Stellar because of Nishikawa's demand, as Nishikawa seems to be a Houko Kuwashima (seiyuu for Stellar) fan

Hrm. if normal pilots can use the new dragoon syestem. then that kinda has me doubting Rey will be the pilot of legend. even tho everything else points to him getting it.

otherwise, i really hope the Minerva faction/group/what ever term you can call them turns "evil" it would be kind of a nice twist, one that could almost make me forgive the non-direction the series is in right now.Especally considering shin seems to be following a path of a certin sith lord, and Dillundal's got some tricks up his sleeve(also like another well known sith-lord) not to mention Talia and rey likely are allied with him.

I hope neo is mwu, id be nice to see the man who made the impossible possible back in action.:D hopefully AA/Lacus do some additional mobile suit "shopping" for him,and we get an additional late series funnel equipped mobile suit.:D

Hrm. if normal pilots can use the new dragoon syestem. then that kinda has me doubting Rey will be the pilot of legend. even tho everything else points to him getting it.

What might happen is...(spoilers, highlight to read) Legend is intended for Athrun. However, once Athrun defects, Legend goes to Rey. This way, Athrun can get I-Justice. :)