Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Decent episode. Shinn actually didn't lose any points with me, simply because his actions here are consistant with his actions in the rest of the show. Mind you, I still hate him, and I've basically given up on Shinn getting any reasonable development in the show, but I don't hate him any more than I did.

Athrun on the other hand, drops some more. It was just wonderful seeing Kira tear apart Saviour within seconds. The fight would have been more even had Athrun bothered to use his Seed mode, but then, I don't recall him using it at all in this series.

Chaos had just as much luck against Freedom as Abyss and Gaia did several episodes ago. I feel kinda bad for Sting and Auel. They're better characters than the first set of Extended from Seed.

Pity Kira didn't decide to go after Shinn after smashing Athrun. Kira's Seed mode would decimate Shinn's, and we wouldn't have to deal with the bastard anymore.

I just realised the Chaos never really got to use its pods much at all.....or even its mobile armour mode. And now i think its pwned beyond repair. <_<

Or is the general consensus , "If a pilot dies in his Gundam, its beyond repair. If he doesn't, you can still salvage it." :lol:

Or is the general consensus , "If a pilot dies in his Gundam, its beyond repair. If he doesn't, you can still salvage it." :lol:

Corollary 1: If a character is named Athrun Zala and this character pilots a Gundam and has his Gundam destroyed by self-infliction or by other means, then it is beyond repair.

Is ep. 128 already available as a torrent? Where?

We're on ep. 128 already? Crap. :lol:

Seed Destiny is licensed. Please don't ask for it or link to it. If you really want it, you will use Google to find a certain Gundam Seed forum. There, your answers will you find.

Seed Destiny is licensed. Please don't ask for it or link to it.

Licensed? ALREADY?? :o

Sheesh! :rolleyes: They didn't waste any time did they. <_<

If you really want it, you will use Google to find a certain Gundam Seed forum. There, your answers will you find.

Thank you Master Azrael. ;) And may the schwartz be with you. :lol:

seed destiny was licensed like a few weeks before the series premiered in japan...it's that or it got licensed in preproduction :p

it's bandai...so what do ya expect? :lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

seed destiny was licensed like a few weeks before the series premiered in japan...it's that or it got licensed in preproduction :p

it's bandai...so what do ya expect? :lol:

No, the licensing was officially announced in March. But considering the fact that it will come out by Autumn/Winter of this year, they had the secured the license probably at the end of last year. Jerry Chu has even said on many occasions, all Gundam will come over, it's just a matter of when.

Anybody knows if there will be more Master Grade kits for Seed and Seed Destiny?

Don't know yet. Right now, the work is focused on the PG Sky Grasper and the HG Destiny models. Depending on which model sells well, we might have a chance at MG versions of those kits. But as of now, nothing has been announced.

I can't believe they wouldn't atleast do a MG Impulse and Destiny....but man they really need too do some ZAFT HG's that are 1/100 like the GINN's or something.

Sales of Impulse have been slow from what I've heard since it's too damn similar to Strike. Destiny, Freedom II and Justice II have yet to appear so no one knows how well those will sell.

Sales of Impulse have been slow from what I've heard since it's too damn similar to Strike. Destiny, Freedom II and Justice II have yet to appear so no one knows how well those will sell.

Well yah but I still bought Impulse. And most likely buy the rest of HG Destiny. I really hope they make the Gouf. Has that been confirmed that they will make it?

Anyways, I realized that I cant be that upset with Athrun in him holding of Kira. He lost Miguel and Nicol to him and Hiene was killed behind Kira when Hiene was trying to attack him. That all happened infront of him and I think he didnt want Kira to go after the Impulse and Tally up another one of Athruns "friends that have died infront of me" list. But I really hope that Athrun reprimands and slaps Shin. First for shooting a mibile suit that was trying to cease ORB's hostilities, thus showing its not trying to attack ZAFT, and second for trying to shoot his Fiancee down. If Shin doesent get disceplined soon Ima be pissed....again..... :angry:

Yeah, you'd figure Athrun would be just as pissed as Kira if not more so, I mean isn't Cagali supposed to be his fiancee?! If I was Athrun I would have promptly sliced off Impulse's arms and legs.

I wonder if the next time we see Archangel it's hangar is going to be packed with Murasame units.

Is it just me or does episode 28 seem reminicent of Sea of Chaos in Ace Combat 5?

Archangel = Kestrel

Osean Fleet = Minerva

Yuketobanian Fleet = Earth Alliance/Orb

Archangel is trying to end the fighting between the two.

Todaka tells his executive officer to take what ever Orb troops are willing to go to the Archangel. A little like how that Yuke captain told people who ever agreed with him, follow him to the Kestrel

Minerva's been whipping the Alliance's ass for awhile like how the Oseans have been repeatedly defeateing the Yukes.

Edited by Druna Skass

Anybody knows if there will be more Master Grade kits for Seed and Seed Destiny?

IIRC, the MG Strike and MG Freedom did not come out until after SEED had already finished airing on TV in Japan.

So if Bandai follows the same pattern, then don't expect to see an MG Impulse or MG Destiny until after SEED Destiny has finished airing on TV in Japan.

I guess it's just marketing. Bandai wants you to buy all the 1/144, 1/144 HG and 1/100 HG Destiny kits first. If they released the MG kits too soon, then many people would just skip buying the lower grade kits.

Graham

{snikt!}

I guess it's just marketing. Bandai wants you to buy all the 1/144, 1/144 HG and 1/100 HG Destiny kits first. If they released the MG kits too soon, then many people would just skip buying the lower grade kits.

Graham

Sneaky bastiches aren't they. <_<;)

I find it frustrating having to wait for the 1/100 (HG or MG) kits sometimes. I want them NOW darn it! :lol:

Sneaky bastiches aren't they. <_<;)

I find it frustrating having to wait for the 1/100 (HG or MG) kits sometimes. I want them NOW darn it! :lol:

The MGs are really for people who like details. Being the owner of a 1/100 HG Freedom and a MG Freedom, the MG Freedom is much better. MGs are also produced on a lower production scale compared to a HG (of course, when you talk about millions of units, the line gets blurry). Lately, Bandai has been making MGs based on popularity to generate sales. The UC line (like the OYW line) is the popular one so there will more of those. But with the others, only ones that have that popularity will make it to MG status. Ones that do better earn PG status (like Strike). There might be a MG of Impulse but as I said, sales for Impulse are slow (the ZAKUs are doing well). Destiny, maybe, depending on how well it is received when it shows.

I really hope they make the Gouf. Has that been confirmed that they will make it?

Only HG 1/144 at the moment. And only in Heine Westenfluss colors. No word on a 1/100. I'm debating on Chaos. The ZAKU Warrior Blaze/Gunner set is definitely on my list, though.

I might be the minority here, but I'm far more disgusted with Kira and the AA's actions right now than Shinn's.

Shinn needs a boot us ass and some serious disipline, I fully agree there, especially the next time he talks back to Arthur during a mission briefing, but in 28 he was doing his job. With Athrun pissing around with Kira, Shinn was the one who

1) Destroyed the Abyss. Not disable but DESTROY. First V-fin KILL goes to Shinn.

2) Immediately grab the Force Sillouette, recharge, and engage the CF's.

3) When the Orb Fleet beared down on the Minerva, Shinn took care of the orb fleet so the Minerva wouldn't go down.

4) Did not let Freedom scare him off, berserk mode or not. Managed to surprize Kira, which doesn't happen often anymore.

I don't like how he took the pot shot at Cagalli in the beginning at all, but from his standpoint the situation had to be pretty annoying. The AA was the last thing he wanted to see after their interferance last time, in which the Minerva suffered casualties.

I think Talia was within her rights to declare the AA an enemy target.

Athrun got pwned far more easily than he should have let himself. He has not been that useful lately. That Gundam was kind of wasted.

In the last moments when the carrier was bearing down on the Minerva, what did Kira do: Shoot REY'S remaining arm off and one of the Tristans, as if the Minerva wasn't screwed over enough already.

Boo hoo the orb fleet went down. I'm not sorry at all. They tried their damnest to destroy the Minerva, and while Shinn's berserk mode is sure to cause some problems later, for now it saved the Minerva. Nobody has said a word about the Minerva's plight on the AA, with the Minerva getting ambushed by those numbers, it's all Orb, Orb, Orb, wah. Cagalli's powerless pleas and incessant crying over things going so wrong have really weakened her character, she has annoyed me this entire series. If I was Athrun I'd be giving Meer a call, or Luna. The Orb fleet was obviously going to get used and suffer losses the moment they joined the alliance, and it is sheer arrogance on the AA's part that they would be able to simply stop the fight with their method.

I really hope the Minerva gets at least one more Gouf Ignited or something when they get to port, especially since now they have to replace the Saviour and Luna's Zaku. Rey and Luna having to fight from the deck made things a lot harder. The Minerva has suffered much more damage now than the AA suffered in Seed's finale.

As for toys, I got the only 1/100 I wanted already: the Sword Impulse GQ. I'll get the Cosmic Region Destiny (or maybe HCM Pro). Zakus and Goufs depend on which ones come out, be it HCM Pro or Cosmic Region. The HCM pro Zaku Warrior is really nice. That's about it for Destiny figures for me out of the current MS roster. I still don't like the Freedom II at all.

Next episode looks like we'll get some good Crueset info, maybe something on Rey. I'm very much looking forward to that.

Edited by Anubis

Cagalli's powerless pleas and incessant crying over things going so wrong have really weakened her character, she has annoyed me this entire series.

Yeah really, she definatly doesn't seem like she did in the first series. What the hell happend to the Cagali who chopped that ZAFT land battleship in half with a Sword SkyGrasper? They may as well give that Strike Gundam to Andy when he get's back, she's definatly not using it.

Now that Talia has designated Archangel and enemy I want to see them fight (she's lucky Natarle isn't around). A three way fight between Archangel, Girty Lue, and Minverva would be something to see.

IIRC, the MG Strike and MG Freedom did not come out until after SEED had already finished airing on TV in Japan.

So if Bandai follows the same pattern, then don't expect to see an MG Impulse or MG Destiny until after SEED Destiny has finished airing on TV in Japan.

Graham

Wouldn't a MG or PG Impulse be an absolute biatch, to make? Or even design?

Why? Apart from having a core fighter (sorry, core splendor), it doesn't seem any more complex than most other Mobile Suits. In fact it's a great deal simpler than many MS like the Ex-S or Zeta/Z-Plus for example.

I can't see why it would be any more difficult to design or build than other MG or PG kits. Both the MG and PG RX-78 and GP-01 have Core Fighters.

Even in it's three seperate components, there's nothing really special going on with Impulse. For the lower section, all the legs do is bend at the kness and the front and rear foot halves close up. Nothing mind-bogglingly complex there. For the top section, all the arms need to is raise above the head and bend at the elbow IIRC.

Graham

Why? Apart from having a core fighter (sorry, core splendor), it doesn't seem any more complex than most other Mobile Suits. In fact it's a great deal simpler than many MS like the Ex-S or Zeta/Z-Plus for example.

I can't see why it would be any more difficult to design or build than other MG or PG kits. Both the MG and PG RX-78 and GP-01 have Core Fighters.

Even in it's three seperate components, there's nothing really special going on with Impulse. For the lower section, all the legs do is bend at the kness and the front and rear foot halves close up. Nothing mind-bogglingly complex there. For the top section, all the arms need to is raise above the head and bend at the elbow IIRC.

Graham

Yeah I was thinking abot the core fighter. From what I see in the pictures, PGs or MGs are just for the most part a one piece skeleton. I was afraid that the three piece transformation would be a problem to design.

BTW Blast and Sword Impulse rules over launcher and Sword Strike anyday. :D The only thing I like about Strike is the Aile Pack. That is way better looking than the Impulse.

The Minerva has suffered much more damage now than the AA suffered in Seed's finale.

Yeh, but Minerva has ports to dock at to get repaired. AA was on their own every time. Of course, circumstances were different....

I agree.

And we got episode previews for ep 30-33. Still waiting on a confirmed/literal translation so: (Spoilers, highlight to read)

Kira will kill Stellar and Shinn gets pissed at Freedom.

When someone actually translates it, I'll repost here.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32952

edit: Forgot this: Yet another sign of recycling themes:

Impulse Rouge/Impulse- Lunamaria custom. :lol: (yes this is fan art)

impulsered8rf.th.jpg

Edited by azrael

Well, with episode 29, hopefully, the story will finally start to move somewhere. The coming episode all seem to be pointing toward more of a coherent storyline.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the GSD storyline hasn't been very stellar in the last ten or so episodes. You kind of get the Vietnam feeling from it, like it's dragging on and on and just waiting for someone to put a bullet in it.

With Shinn vs Kira, hopefully, we get some good story telling coming out. I just have the feeling that Freedom needs to be put in its place, like some of the others, I'm sick of seeing Kira showing up and try to tell everyone what to do in his own ubiquitous way. Shinn is a bit of a nutjob, but with the proper direction, he could be a great Darth Vader. heh heh.

The "Luna Custom" paintscheme looks good on the Force Impulse actually. With that "variable phase shift" they could probably do it too if they wanted.

Someone on Animesuki has a PERFECT Athrun avatar after last episode's pitiful performance.

post-26-1115406584.gif

Edited by Anubis

One of the kids over at Animesuki finally translated the preview of ep. 33 (I've already posted 30-32)

PHASE 33 "Revelation to the World"

Animage:

Not wanting anyone else to tamper with Stellar's body, Shinn alone sinks it in a lake. He condemns himself for his failure to protect Stellar.

Newtype

After the previous battle, Shinn burns with vengence at Freedom. Meanwhile, Dullindal broadcasts an urgent message to the entire world. He reveals the fact that the war is instigated entirely by the military-industrial complex, "Logos".

Comments:

Poor Anakin...I mean Shinn. Have you considered Lunamaria or Meyrin? Now, does Kira use Freedom as a instant bomb or does he show us his l33t skillz to take Destroy out of the fight? And Stellar.....a pretty and adorable Four-wannabe....Is Mu, I mean Neo going to make the impossible possible?

One of the kids over at Animesuki finally translated the preview of ep. 33 (I've already posted 30-32)
PHASE 33 "Revelation to the World"

Animage:

Not wanting anyone else to tamper with Stellar's body, Shinn alone sinks it in a lake. He condemns himself for his failure to protect Stellar.

Newtype

After the previous battle, Shinn burns with vengence at Freedom. Meanwhile, Dullindal broadcasts an urgent message to the entire world. He reveals the fact that the war is instigated entirely by the military-industrial complex, "Logos".

Comments:

Poor Anakin...I mean Shinn. Have you considered Lunamaria or Meyrin? Now, does Kira use Freedom as a instant bomb or does he show us his l33t skillz to take Destroy out of the fight? And Stellar.....a pretty and adorable Four-wannabe....Is Mu, I mean Neo going to make the impossible possible?

Dammit, so is Dullindal really the bad guy or what?

Shinn is definately shaping up to be Kira's main foe after all. Would be interesting to see Shinn fight Kira and do some damage to him for once. Someone has to be able to take kira head-on. They have Kira a step above everyone right now. If Shinn swears vengeance and then draws from that then that could give him the focus he needs, in a truly Darth Vader kind of way.

Another possibility:

Mwu vs Kira. That would be awesome too, but far less likely.

Mwu/Neo is destined to fight Rey.

Dammit, so is Dullindal really the bad guy or what?

After watching episode 29.... I can't tell. His connection to Crueset makes it questionable. He thinks it fate that all these things are happening. Ugh...this is getting confusing.

well as Long as they don't go and do this time travel thing,, you know.. they try going back in time to kill Lacus when she was singing for the dead at J7 but then somehow she was saved and and new change of events happened.. etc. And when they returned the whole future was changed.,