Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Pics of the EX model of the Exass are out now, complete with cables.

post-26-1112714096_thumb.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/04/news_6121649.html

Looks like Gundam Seed(and hopefully destiny at a later time) is getting the good ol Capcom vs treatment with Gundam Seed:Federation(i think fed in this case refers to EA) vs Z.A.F.T. and aparently it will have a new system which allows for better aereal combat(something the previous UC games didnt really emphasise,even with Z Gundams Transforming mobile suits).

seed.jpg

:D:D:D

Heh, that's not gonna see the states I think :p....we should have seen SEED for the DS last week but its not even showing up on Gamestops website.

I got episode 24, but yet to see it...probably be bored of it like 20 of the episodes.

Now all it had to do is transform into a giant robot! :blink:

But seriously, i'm very disturbed that more people aren't speaking about Rey's boobies.

I mean, this is Rey.....with boobies! There should be at least 5 pages on this already!

holy sh-t!!!!!! Rey has boobies :p i did not even notice that, lol whats this world coming to :lol::lol:

If there's one thing that I don't like about Gundam Seed and Destiny, it's the capital ships. I've always thought the Archangel or any other capital ship from EA or Zaft looks like complete crap when compared to the Albion, Ra Kailum, Gwanban, or even the Crossbone Vanguard ships. The Minerva looks decent but still poor in my book compared to UC ships. They should just bring in the guy that did any of the Macross ships since I believe he also had a hand in designing the ships for Legend of the Galactic Heroes. A capital ship should look epic and intimidating, not cartoony. Even that big ass capital ship that Zaft had (I think it was called Gondwonland) looked like a big grey block of wood... it had no character.

Heh, that's not gonna see the states I think :p....we should have seen SEED for the DS last week but its not even showing up on Gamestops website.

I think it will show up here eventually. Bandai is releasing MSG vs Zeta and the SEED game Towards a Neverending Tomorrow here, so Alliance vs ZAFT would be a logical followup game.

Huh, finally

Ok good, so it still has hip-rail guns or whatever - I was really worried that they would be dual blasters. They're probably just as powerful as Freedom's old guns but more compact (they look like Guaiz's though...)

Chest Gun - COOL! Wasn't expecting that, but the more firepower Freedom has the better :D

Arms - Ok, those must be beam shield generators - or Freedom Finger style melee weapons? Hmm....my money's on the shield, but it could very well be both!

The more I look at it, the more I think this is a new suit and not an upgraded one - the head, feet, legs, torso, backpack, shoulders, and forearms are all new. Either Freedom gets utterly owned (which is doubtful) or Kira self-destructs it or something and gets a new suit.

Lastly....I really want to know what those new wings are hiding! Guns? Or bits? Ahhh, the suspense!

But it looks cool - I like the use of the gold. The design changes a lot but keeps it looking like Freedom. Overall, thumbs up!

That Minerva scratch is a fantastic piece of work, I look forward to the Ex release. :D

NU Frredom looks good but untill we se eit in action I can't think of much to say about it.

The back shot of Destroy Gundam however is interesting, doesn't seem to be carrying any funnels. At least no immeadiatley obvious ones. :p

So they are railguns. Talk about different artist's renditions....

The wings look better in the closed position on Freedom. Nu Freedom's wings look better in the open position.

At least it can still pull of it's 5-shot attack, assuming it has the dual beam rifles. Not to happy about the chest gun though....

I still say those things on the arms are reflectors. Freedom is the only MS that has the capacity to use that kind of weapon.

The frame still looks the same. It could be an upgrade. Maybe Shinn vents his rage on Freedom....

wow the new Neo Japan Mobile Fighter Freedom Gundam.....ready... set...go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To require that much of upgrading/repair Freedom would have to get completely owned.

Either that or since the new Gundams are going to roll out anyway Dullindal asks for Kira bring Freedom in for an overhaul.

With the excessive amounts of beam weaponry the new EA mobile armors and this Destroy Gundam are going to carry a beam reflector equipped MS would be a necessity.

Destroy may not have funnels, but it'll have lots and lots of beam weapons.

It would be pretty crazy if when Lacus and Andtrew go to Plant Dullindal is actually cool. More likely they'll need a quick rescue, but it would be an interesting twist to have Dullindal yet be a good guy after all.

I like the old Freedom design better. I actually don't like the gold too well on the new one.

Edited by Anubis

Well Kira did think Cagali was a guy for a little while, so I guess Rey being a chick isn't that out there. Not like a chick posing as a guy is a new thing anyway. Maybe Rey is really Gilbert's daughter or niece.

Kira doesn't trust Gilbert so I don't think he'd let ZAFT itself touch Freedom. I'm guessing Lacus calls up some of the former Clyne Faction people who are still hanging around and get this thing overhauled. I'm guessing Erica Simmons shows up again, maybe on Kusanagi with Kisaka and plans the overhauls. Either that or it's a second Freedom unit, maybe built from spares on the Eternal, where ever the hell that ship ended up at.

How much is that EX Exass going for? $40? And please tell me I can get from someplace besides HLJ where I have to wait like 2 month for my crap to get in.

Got a clearer front pic of nu-Freedom B))

Hum it does look like some of Orb's handy work. I wonder would it looks like from the back and with the wings extended. I wonder if it will get a large rifle upgrade like the rest of the Gundams from Destiny.

To require that much of upgrading/repair Freedom would have to get completely owned. 

Either that or since the new Gundams are going to roll out anyway Dullindal asks for Kira bring Freedom in for an overhaul.

With the excessive amounts of beam weaponry the new EA mobile armors and this Destroy Gundam are going to carry a beam reflector equipped MS would be a necessity.

Destroy may not have funnels, but it'll have lots and lots of beam weapons.

It would be pretty crazy if when Lacus and Andtrew go to Plant Dullindal is actually cool.  More likely they'll need a quick rescue, but it would be an interesting twist to have Dullindal yet be a good guy after all.

I like the old Freedom design better.  I actually don't like the gold too well on the new one.

Well there is this... (possible spoilers, highlight to view)

"ep28 The Life Remained, The Life Gone

Minerva fights a difficult battle at Kurita, AA appears and saved Minerva from the crisis. However Shinn's anger finally explodes and he slaughters enemy crafts like a demonic god (SEED mode berserk?). Kira tries to stop the berserk Shinn, but is blocked by Athrun. Kira and Athrun, will the two old friends start to fight against each other again?"

This is probably a false summary but the title is correct from what I hear. The new image of Nu Freedom also indicates that a new Justice Gundam will come back. (More spoilers)

What may happen is Kira might fight Shinn and get owned. Or Athrun may disable Kira and get himself owned by Shinn. Kira and Athrun had their fight so I'm not sure we want to see them fighting, again. As I said earlier, maybe Andy and Lacus bring back some goodies from ZAFT for Kira.

Another interesting scenario would be when Kira sticks his nose in again and puts the Minerva in a bad position, Shinn AND Athrun might have to gang up on him to get him out of the way. I doubt they'll let Kira just step in and ruin another battle for them especially since the Minerva incurred casualties last time. Heine, plus the people Kira killed on the Minerva would have been fine if Kira hadn't stepped in. Destroying the Tannhauser could have destroyed the Minerva, especially since it was about to fire. That made it worse. I doubt they'll want to give Kira a chance to screw them over again.

After Kira's interference I kinda want to see him get owned for once.

Really pissed off Seed-mode-Shinn + Athrun (probably in Seed mode too) would probably kick Freedom's ass.

Side note, I'd rather trust HLJ than Hobby Search. Don't trust them anymore. Good prices, but their communication sucks. A few of us had unpleasant experiences when we needed to communicate with them. They ignored at least 5 emails I sent until I sent an angry one threatening to cancel any charges they placed.

Side note, I'd rather trust HLJ than Hobby Search. Don't trust them anymore. Good prices, but their communication sucks. A few of us had unpleasant experiences when we needed to communicate with them. They ignored at least 5 emails I sent until I sent an angry one threatening to cancel any charges they placed.

Fair enough, I'd not had any trouble before but like I said it's been a while.

After Kira's interference I kinda want to see him get owned for once.

Oddly enough, I've lost respect for Athrun after the last couple of episodes, not Kira.

He cries about the unnecessary sacrifices made in the battle. Well, I guess that means he considers all of the Orb sailors who were about to be fried by the Tannhauser necessary, doesn't it? And of course, all of the Orb and EA MS pilots he killed, well, those were necessary too, I guess. Athrun needs to get off his high horse, and remember exactly what the Clyne Faction did at the end of the previous war: Jump in between the two sides and try to stop the fighting. He didn't bitch about creating chaos then.

And of course, demanding to know why Cagalli didn't prevent Orb from joining the EA. Sheesh. I realize he loves her and all, but he needs to be honest with himself, and realize that she couldn't stop anything. She's not really much of a leader at this point.

It does suck that Heine died, he was the most entertaining member of the Minerva crew to me, but that can't be pinned on Kira. He went after Freedom without any weapons, wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, and got cut in half by Gaia. To be hoenst, I don't really care for anyone on Minerva now that Heine's dead. Rey's boring, Talia's boring, Arthur, though vaguely entertaining, is kinda stupid. Lunamaria is cute, but boring. She has potential, though, and her stalking cracked me up. I can't stand Shinn, and Athrun is now getting on my nerves.

To be fair, though, I can't stand Cagalli, either. Episode 23 should have had less of her crying, more of Kira kicking everyone's ass. And more Murrue kicking ass as well. Her and Kira are still my favorite characters in the Cosmic Era. Bleh. I just hope Freedom gets smashed fighting Destroy. That'd be the best way to establish Destroy's power, taking down the best MS of the day.