VF-0 info up on Yamato website

Sumdumgai

I was browsing today and saw that Yamato put some info up on the VF-0.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=319

Any ideas why it says "VF-0D S"? :blink:

edit: Try reading the page through an alta-vista translation! "1/100 deformation models VF-0D S " :lol: and "Deformation to 3 forms with the replacement which seriously considered action figure characteristic was actualized is the completely new series."

Edited by Sumdumgai

like the battroid... but fighter and gerwalk look... uhm.... not so good.

the intakes just look wonky... too big? I dunno...

going to have to think about this one... I like how it looks in battroid, so maybe I just get one and leave it in that mode... pose it next to my 1/60 vf-1s... :unsure:

Definetly going to get one too. Maybe two. Never know whether Yamato will release a perfect larger version. And if they do will get that too. If these were the first Macross toys to be released by Yamato we would probably jump on it. But we have been spoiled with the 1/48 VF-1 line. :)

nah, I passed on the VF-11 toys when it came out.. just couldn't deal with those stubby tail fins and all the screws messing up the lines.

I'll pass if the thing is fugly.

but I'll reserve judgment until I see some reviews posted.

The toy in those photos still looks like the same old sculpt they've been showing all along, so either the toy is still being modified and the revised sculpt is not yet ready, hence the continued delays and no new photos, or worst case scenario, Yamato is going to foist this steaming pile of crap on us in this condition :(:angry:

Graham

The toy in those photos still looks like the same old sculpt they've been showing all along, so either the toy is still being modified and the revised sculpt is not yet ready, hence the continued delays and no new photos, or worst case scenario, Yamato is going to foist this steaming pile of crap on us in this condition :(:angry:

Graham

i vot ethe latter.

BUT this ties into my theory of yamato making a quick buck on this POS while hiding behind the scenes making a big perfect variable to shut us all up and have a merry x mas after vol5 comes out.

(if they are the sole license holders I might be right)

Graham

Delays are so common these days that I don't think it has anything to do with redesigning. At this point, I do believe what you see is what you are going to get. Otherwise, Yamato wouldn't keep showing these design everywhere and on their website.

In a way, I hope this thing doesn't sell well so Yamato will learn from their mistakes. However, Yamato might then think that Mac0 is not popular and not invest much in future projects like the sv-51.

Yep, leg fast packs and missles = vaporware :angry:

No pics by now can't be good for that.

I am not buying the VF-0S in this condition. I might consider a D-model if it's coming, but that's only to have a D-model with those delta wings.

The parts swapping still reeks of little to no effort regarding this thing. Detail isn't bad, but there are issues with this thing that shouldn't be there this late in the game. The hips are still awful. Figured before that no mods would have been made to the sculpt, but now it's in stone. From this example the VB-6 will be exactly as shown, but at least that one looks plenty good. They didn't even try on this VF-0 though. What were the delays for then? Nothing.

Still no word on price either.

I don't understand....

if they have swapping parts because there's too much anime-morphing-magic to account for, then why are the proportions still WAAAY off?

I mean, it doesn't have perfect transformation anyway, so you can't even justify that the proportions are off because it's impossible to make it look good in all three modes (which it doesn't.)

At this point, it's almost as if they're selling three seperate non-transformable valks in each mode that still don't look good by themselves!

If they can't make a perfectly-proportioned perfect-transformation valk (yes, we're so demanding), either give us 3 perfectly-proportioned static mode valks, or give us a slighty un-perfect perfect-transformation valk.

(OMG, did I just join the rant wagon? ooo, I did!)

Edited by redemption

GOD... You know, I never thought I'd ever do this but...

I'll be picking up the MPC Alpha before I buy this hunk of junk.....

....sigh...

Well, there's always the Monster..

It is a new day and age where we're more excited about a quality Toynami offering than a shoddy Yamato item. :lol:

Besides the fact that it'll probably be the only VF-0 toy made, the only other reason to buy one is that you can put it next to the monster in the same scale (1/100, right?)

yamato really should've reversed the balljoints on the legs...they should be sticking out from the legs...not the hip/nose section....i guess they're trying something new...i guess i could see why they went that that route with the balljoints on the legs (makes the legs more stable) but it just looks really ugly and unfavorable...the Macross Zero OVA might be strong enough of a series to make these actually sell but i'm not totally sure right now (IMO needs to be at least a couple more episodes longer to be stronger of a series) it kinda sucks that yamato doesn't even have enough real information to really study the transformation for the vf-0....so this vf-0s might be the only M0 thing we might see unless some other toy company (Bandai...MAKE SOME FRIGGIN' MACROSS MODELS DAMN YOU!!!) it would be nice to have Bandai make a couple model kits since we can all see that they're designs and sculpts are a 100x superior than what they did back in the 80's or even early to mid 90's...it's sad that they have a macross license yet to jack poo with it <_<

okay that's enough...i'm late for lunch :ph34r:

Uh :huh: ? I didn´t know Banprestp was making VF-0 toys ?.....mmm.wait , it ain´t a presto , IT¨S A YAMATO.

sorry to say this but if they´re actually gonna sell that POS that just proves they´ve become a bunch of lazy fat-asrses.

How can they ignore the the fairly good sucsess of the OVAs and make this kind of toys , have they got no self-respect ?

I hate to rant about yamato since they´ve given us some very good quality toys but this crap is utterly unacceptable from those very same people that made the 1/48.

IF I buy this the first thing I'm gonna do is take a pair of scissors and snip the upper half off the front landing gear. It's like a flagpole its so long.

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I? :rolleyes:

Graham

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I? :rolleyes:

Graham

to further your optimism, I hope they do show either that OR LARGER PERFECT VARIABLE VF-0 STOMPING THE HELL OUT OF THE PVC 1/100!!

Something tells me they are neglecting to even use the revisions mentioned nor add missles. After all when 1/60 appeared we saw everything! 3 variants at first, with full weapon loads!!!

VF-0? impressioon is.."do they even care?!"

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I?  :rolleyes:

Graham

to further your optimism, I hope they do show either that OR LARGER PERFECT VARIABLE VF-0 STOMPING THE HELL OUT OF THE PVC 1/100!!

Something tells me they are neglecting to even use the revisions mentioned nor add missles. After all when 1/60 appeared we saw everything! 3 variants at first, with full weapon loads!!!

VF-0? impressioon is.."do they even care?!"

if they make this thing cheap enough... like transformers cheap, I wont care if it comes with wing missiles....

I do wish they would just scrap this design and release a larger perfect transformation version... I really like the various VF-0 designs and am saddened to see these toys...

oh well, add me to the list of people who will be getting the MPC alpha before the VF-0... :blink:

Besides the fact that it'll probably be the only VF-0 toy made, the only other reason to buy one is that you can put it next to the monster in the same scale (1/100, right?)

Frankly, I wouldn't want to tarnish the Monster by putting such a thing ANYWHERE near it... <_<